Oprah Commissions La Toya Jackson Reality Show

Oprah Winfrey’s struggling OWN Network has commissioned a new reality TV series featuring Michael Jackson’s troubled sister, La Toya.

OWN’s cameras will follow La Toya, 56, as she focuses on her relationship with her famous brothers and sisters in a show titled, Life With La Toya. This news comes on the heels of a very public war between Michael’s daughter, Paris, 14, and her aunts and uncles who are battling for control of Michael’s millions.

“I am so pleased to be working with television legend Oprah Winfrey and to be a part of the Own family. This will be one of the most exciting adventures of my life,” La Toya said in a statement.

Oprah is featured on the current cover of the ‘natural issue’ of Oprah magazine. She’s wearing her natural hair in tight curls, without the benefit of a perm, curling iron or flat iron taken to her tresses.

• Oprah Writes a Revealing Letter to Her Younger Self
  • In Case You Missed It: Oprah Interviews Kristina Houston
  • In Case You Missed It: Oprah’s Next Chapter: Kardashian’s Pt. 2
  • Oprah Finally Shares Her Cover With Another Human

315 Responses to “Oprah Commissions La Toya Jackson Reality Show”

GAGIRL87 says:

:huh: anywayz I like the OWN network especially “Lisa Ling Our America” good chit :yes:

Angiegirl says:

_______________________________

Hey Auntie,
      I see what u did right there!

Angiegirl says:

Hey GA! :hi:

GAGIRL87 says:

Hey Angie hun :hi:

NaijaGal says:

I forget about her channel all the time…I’m really not interested in anything LaToya is doing so :shrug:

MissHarlem says:

:yahoo: another post

ELove says:

@GAGIRL
      I’ve Never seen that show but I ALWAYZ Liked Lisa Ling Though :yes:

Ohhh And Oprah… MEH and Blah Blah BLAH :coffee:

Ms.Fashion says:

I think Oprah looks great!!! :coffee:

waterlily_76 says:

Whatever with this side show…I trying to watch Gabby Douglas kick butt today :champ:

Bella770 says:

I wouldn’t watch this show even if Micheal’s hologram was on it :tea:

Benefit? :lol: Too funny. :coffee: Im surprised at her pattern tho. Nice hurr, O.

I fukks with OWN the long way. Especially on Sundays. :yes: Cleansing.

I don’t wanna see nothing bout no Toya Jackson :tea: Oprah u fail again

Ace says:

OTB i got SRU back up…

me and kita on there now…

you were having problems?

Well I’ll give it a go. I’ve learned that not all reality shows can keep my interest like the previous Jackson show and those Hollywood Exes. We’ll see.

lady_cn says:

Oprah ain’t got ( yes I said ain’t got) nothin’ better to put on the air that La Toya Jackson? Damn shame. :nono:

Sandra how about we lobby for a show for you…..and us. Maybe something like Reality Wrap Up with Sandra Rose and The Crew. I think that would be hella popular.

I cant find it at all @Ace. :shrug: Like it wants me to create a new group..instead of giving me an option to join an existing group..?

NaijaGal says:

So I’ve been listening to K Michelle via Youtube for the past hour+ and I just adore her…that Testimony she shared…LAWD and that Cinderalla song gave me life…I hope she can make it huge…salute to her

Yeah she talented :tea:

NaijaGal says:

BIRD – give Hollywood Exes another chance cause they sort of showed out last night and next week looks like another good one

Trendsetter says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Yeah she talented
      __________________________

I haven’t really heard anything from her…but I like that song she wrote for Mimi

Oh and I remember that she had a video out about a year ago…

jealousCNenvy says:

LATOYA…..still tryin to come back….she’s a psychic right?

@Ace and MAC – What is the group that you speak of, I didnt’ have time yesterday, but today I an game for wasting __________ (insert name) of company here.

@Jenie – Yeah, K Michelle can sing, I’ll give her that and dictionary and phonics card.

@Baby Girl and Bird – Hollywood Exec is alright, Andrea gives the show life and glimpse of Ghetoo Fab.

ON TOPIC – I watched behind the scences of OWN last night, couldn’t find the remote. Oprah done blew up (her weight) Her and that white woman that works for her, must sit around talking about show ideas and having food races.

:koolaid:

Naija :) Im a huge fan. :heart:

You can find these on the web for DL: What’s the 901? A play and tribute off of “Whats the 411..” – short but good.

For Colored Girls.. Love this one too..

I havent taken 0 fukks given out since I DLd it. :)

Chileeeeeeeeee boo!!

Did yall see LaToya on Celeb Apprentice when NeNe called her Casper the Ghost?
      heee-larrry-us!!

jealousCNenvy says:

LATOYA…..still tryin to come back….she’s a psychic right?
      ==================
      nope…that was Dionne :rofl: nah both were pushing that psychic hot line stuff…where’s Ms Celie

On the groupME app, ACE created a SR group. Im tryna get in. :waiting: I think we need invites tho. @Cali

:hugs:
      Jen
      Naij
      OTB
      Cali
      LadyC
      MsFash
      Pastor, members & friends

gypsyeyes

:happy: Hey mama, how ya been? How’s the new crib?

Daisy says:

I like OWN network. I LOVE Life Class and I can’t wait for Iyanla’s fix my life show and The black matchmakers show Love town USA!

#teamOprah :cheer:

Trendsetter says:

:zzz:

Yep Oprah has gotten big again. When she was in India she was looking too large. :no:

#TeamO tho :lol:

Ms.Fashion says:

Jen
      Naij
      OTB
      Cali
      LadyC
      MsFash
      Pastor, members & friends

HEY HON!!! :waves:

:hi: mzwhang90210 – Long time…

@MAC- You gotta give phone number. I’m suspicisious now…It’s another way for the YT man to track you down? *sideye.

Well if you do it let me know….I’ll send you my # on the other side…. :yahoo:

waterlily_76 says:

:danban1:

i like..but i thought O was relaxed :think:

mzwhang :waves: hey luv

Hey Fayla :hug:

:waves: Necklace I just snatched. Thanks

i love Ms O but ion thank imma be tuning in to THIS show. altho she has other shows i like :coffee:

Oprah need to stick to photoshop and makeup – She is not attractive

Is it me or does Oprah got tha Kim Kimble dry look going on that she did for Essence.

#NOT A FAN of the DRY LOOK :nono:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

In Real Nigga News:

GABBY DOUGLAS WINS OLYMPIC GOLD IN ALL-AROUND GYMNASTICS! :cheer:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Elove check out “Our America” last night eps was about milddle class people who now live in poverty such a sad eps :(

Whang Thang :wave:

****************************

Well alright then. I’ma have to catch up On Demand this weekend. I gave up on them weeks ago. They just weren’t triflin enough.

@Fayla – Waiting for end of the day….Today is my Friday!!!!

:offtopic: S/N Overpriced items. I like that necklace in your gravie, but all of their stuff has increased thrice fold. Does any have a the large Longchamp tote bag? I’m considering getting it for my laptop….

2cents says:

I just realized that was O in front of the mirror, the miracle of make up.

Cali Tiffany & Co coming for u yew bew :rofl:

Ok @Cali. I didnt have to give a number (email tho) but maybe that is how he has to invite us :thinking: . I’ll follow up on :yahoo:

In Real Nigga News:

Afternoon all :waves:
      Line-up of what happened with the bring your own food picnic. So I was going to meet this new guy and he was coming to the picnic. He was three hours late so I started getting it in and was drunk as shat, hey it was a family picnic and that’s how we get down. Anywho, by the time he arrived I was nice and toasty. Later on we decided to go to the fair, it was wack, but anywho, he left me to talk on the phone to his “friend” in private…wtf..you trying holla at me and you leave me to talk to your “friend”. So, naturally I was upset and made a few comments, they probably were not so nice but fck him…So I haven’t heard from his since Saturday so I texted him wondering if we were still friends..(after about 8, I can’t remember the events of that evening) he never responded. My sister talks to his friend and tells him that I was cool but he can’t get with the drinking, mind you he is 45, you couldn’t tell me that your damn self!!! BTW, everybody ate everybody else’s shat anyway…
      I said all that to ask: Should I have addressed the phone issue and should I be upset becuase he couldn’t be man enough and address me himself instead of talking to his boy???

Long I know but this has been on my mind since yesterday..

DoNotDeleteMe says:

In Real Nigga News:

GABBY DOUGLAS WINS OLYMPIC GOLD IN ALL-AROUND GYMNASTICS!
      **************************

I hate that you spoiled it for me but…….

:yahoo:
      :dance:
      :woohoo:

:newpost: on Gabby, please @Sandra!

GAGIRL87 says:

Real Proverty, like homeless? Cause things are really tight for everyone, things were much better 6 years ago. *sigh

NaijaGal says:

BOOTS – ummmm let it go…it was your first time meeting him…nothing has been established…he’s obviously dealing with other folks…he probably charged it up to it didn’t work out and like we all do we talk to our friends about it…keep it moving

@Twisted/Bootcamp – Keep it moving. He was 3 hours late, like what the cheese and biscuts was he doing.

BCC you should just let that ride. You had a little too much to drink, he’s passed judgment (as you prolly are doing with the phone call thing..)

No biggie tho right? Sometimes it works, most times it doesnt. :shrug: No need to have ill feelings or any feelings for that matter.. a “No love, but there aint no hate either” type thing.

Its a good thing you know he aint man enough now..instead of later. :)

scorpio says:

Whoever photoshopped the whites of O’s eyes on the magazine cover, needs to learn to be a little lighter with the brush. The whites of her eyes look weird.

What yall takin bout :popcorn:

Whatchu was dranking tho :gossip: You didnt get sick on the rides? Did you at least eat his money up at the fair?? :lol:

FeFe says:

@Boot

I can tell that’s bothering you, but let it go for real…

He sounds a bit weak anyway, and probably has communication issues…

Bootcampgirl says:

Thanks ladies, on to the next one :buttshake:

Boot :hi: i pretty much agree with Naija. it was a 1st date that didnt pan out. he was rude with him needing space to talk to the “friend” so maybe it was just for the best. he was 3 hrs late anyway right? that’s 2 strikes on one day. :bye: homeboi!

Bootcampgirl says:

@OTB, didn’t ride any rides. My family came down from Jersey and we were drinking Henny, I don’t even know what I was thinking :blink:

dancerbee93 says:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

In Real Nigga News:

GABBY DOUGLAS WINS OLYMPIC GOLD IN ALL-AROUND GYMNASTICS!

*******
      :cosign:

Yea I agree with all of them… :yes:

@Fayla- :peace: <–dueces ninja

dancerbee93 says:

*******
      Henny is my BFF 4LIFE!! :cheers:

:gossip: Your birthday sex..

@Twisted –

a)For real, don’t even trip.

b)Was he cycling through dates that night? Why was he three hours late, I would have cut him at the knees for that.

c)He just left you to talk to dude.

d)He a punk for not being a man about it. He get the 7L stamp.

Ummmm I hope you said you said some really crass things about himm, that I can use later on…Please tell me..

Welp, headed back to work. c u chicas later :cya:

Or as Auntie woul say :bye: Take Care :rofl:

Bootcampgirl says:

@Usual-no I didn’t say anything about him. He left me to talk to a female..

dancerbee93 says:

Bye FAy!!!! :waves:

FeFe says:

is it dead again in here? Err time my work slows down so does SR :lol:

*note to self* :rules:

Buy batteries before you get home :tea:

FeFe says:

@Bibi

Do I sense some “me” time in the works? :)

Birthday Sex with self??? :lol:

Take Care :rofl: Iveb been KILLING it since she said that BCC :rofl:

Nothing like texting the BD that after one of his text tirades. *deep satisfied sigh*

Hey Boot
      Im late but if he couldn’t talk to you directly you must def shouldn’t be upset more so happy that you found out before any real time was invested also he dont sound to equipped for him to have to tell you he needs to take a call in private the bastard just should’ve excused himself

Im hungry annnnnd lazy – Guess I will go to Baja but I was thinking about eating teriyaki beef

Fe its :dead: as hail :lol:

FeFe says:

@OTB

Someone farted in the room….it cleared the thread! :rofl:

:rofl: @Fefe

Nah girl that’s for the remote… :tea:

Missed an hour of sleep for a “great start” :rollseyes: Ion think he realized it was MY bday :huh:

There’s an app for that :lol: . Its called Any.Do. :coffee: I never forget my batteries groceries.

Bootcampgirl says:

@OTB-that shat still slays me everytime she does and the emote just has that added effect.
      @Choco-I told him from the gate that he was going to have to be a strong individual to deal with me. Guess he wasn’t that strong after all. It was just a first date but I would think by 45 you would be able to speak your mind to the person you have an issue with :shrug:

Hey Boot :hug: sounds interesting but if you drink and he don’t could be a problem :shrug: Also that would have ticked me off with him walking away to talk to his friend, ok if he is there with you he could have ignored that call, I think he was looking for a excuse , so with that being said fawk em ! :peace: And so what if you drink :rolleyes: ninjas kill me

5 pumps…a grunt and it’s done

I’m late buuuut HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIBI!!! :party:

Ms.Fashion says:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

In Real Nigga News:

GABBY DOUGLAS WINS OLYMPIC GOLD IN ALL-AROUND GYMNASTICS!

GREAT GABBY!!! :yahoo:

dancerbee93 says:

@ FeFe I kno right!.. I feel like the chic that gets to club too late and its last call and the ugly drunk nuccas are wanting to holla at you :cry:

Stop playing @Bibs *fiegns laughter* Do he need to TAKE CARE :huh: Do he need a SR Care Pkg?? :huh:

Bootcampgirl says:

@Jenie-that’s what I’m saying it was a family get together…

Thanks Boot!!! :yahoo:

Bootcampgirl says:

@OTB- :bye: <—you forgot that part…

@Boot
      Lets face it this mofo had another option that he probably knew better than you only problem is if his other option was the one he would’ve never been there to meet you in the first place…. He will also more than likely be contacting you again…

Bootcampgirl says:

@dancer-that is the worst. I’m not saying that I’m the best looking person but cotdamm…

IamK_Antoinette says:

Speaking of hair. Why are these idiots on twitter talking about Gabby Douglas hair as if she didn’t just win a gold medal. Who gives AF about her hair. *venting*

Bootcampgirl says:

@Choco-I sent him a text that said “deleted” and that’s just what I did. So, if he decides to call again, I don’t answer unk numbers :tea:

Did I miss this hair conversation :huh:

@OTB

:rofl: :tape:

IamK_Antoinette says:

Jealous folks do that :no:

Naija :blink: 5 pumps & DONE?? :choke: a mf OUT!! :chase:

dancerbee93 says:

*******

right!!! No one ever pays me in gum :(

Every time I get a chance to come in the convo er’body gone DOOOHH

Danielle says:

I am NOT interested in seeing Latoya Jackson on TV or anywhere else. #NoThanks :no:

:nono: I wanna say something poetic like loose lips sink ship but in reverse cause you taped your mouf :lol:

dancerbee93 says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

IamK_Antoinette says:

Jealous folks do that

********
      Wellllllll when I was watching the olympics I did get pissed at her momma for letting her edges throw shade at her :nono: IJS no hate here

dancerbee93 says:

Danielle says:

I am NOT interested in seeing Latoya Jackson on TV or anywhere else. #NoThanks
      ******
      :cosign:

so are they giving lil Gabby her props for winning Gold? did the other lil girl win too?

Jealous folks do that

:yes: Like the response tweets said all they got is weave and envy :no:

flsun99 says:

How can you tell a friend she had a body odor?

:lol: I swear u slay me :lol:

NaijaGal says:

@FLSUN – if she’s a friend you just tell her

@FAYLA when Bibi rolled her eyes to ‘great start’ that’s all I could picture is her boo on top of huh with 5 pumps, a grunt and done :rofl: (no vex on me Bibi)

scorpio says:

I’m actually interested in seeing La Toya, it’s crazy, but she actually in these past few years has become the Jackson that has stepped up and proven herself to be the Jackson with sense. Notice how she steered clear of all the recent drama. La Toya knows what she doing. Michael should have willed her and the mother together part of the estate.

scorpio says:

Im she’s the only sibling that never seemed after his money.

Ms.Fashion says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

IamK_Antoinette says:

Jealous folks do that

IGNORANT FOLKS DO THAT!!! DAMN SHAME!!! :no:

CONGRATS GABBY!!!! You worked hard and your talent explains it all!!! You don’t have to say nothing!!!

:yahoo:

flsun99 says:

How can you tell a friend she had a body odor?

You kinda rank, chick I am saying this with Love :hug:

Daisy says:

I still laugh when I think about NeNe calling LaToya casper on Celebrity Apprentice #idied :rofl:

scorpio says:

Except for Janet, of course.

@Naija

:rofl: No worries…that was funny :lol:

Ive been thru that…I mentioned how everybody has an odor, something distinct about there scent..then I went into talking about body chemistry and making sure you kept yours in check.. :ashamed: I didnt have the guts to tell her, tell her but she got the hint.

flsun99 says:

It’s bad. I’m going to tell her. I have to. Laws help me.

:rofl: what she smell like Baloney :thinking:

Gabby’s mom and sister’s have beautiful hair. :coffee: Im sure if she were in their care there would be nary a hair out of place, you know cause thats important to a 16yo world class gymnast..

MsDivaRo says:

That is not Oprah’s natural hair! Her hair is straight nappy! Yes, I said it…..NAPPY

Luncheonmeat wouldve been preferable. @Jenie :( It was that kind of funky sweat girls can get..that musk?? But not man musk (which is stank too) but that rank musk? :no:

I think it was cause of her diet tho. She was a younger girl.

Bibi says:

I’ll take “naps” and a gold medal over “good hair” and mediocrity any day… :tea:

@Boot
      I dont blame you but for his part he was way to premature in making any judgements about you – he will come to realize that

candibfly says:

oprah be photoshopped to hig hell on these O covers.

On the cover @Diva? Thats her hair..looks like it was left to dry after a wash. No touching. No pressing.

MsDivaRo says:

Luncheonmeat wouldve been preferable. @Jenie It was that kind of funky sweat girls can get..that musk?? But not man musk (which is stank too) but that rank musk?

I think it was cause of her diet tho. She was a younger girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      You know you musty when you smell like straight onions! :rofl:

_________________________________
      I saw an episode of Oprah where they did her hair and I thought she had nice hair..It was really thick but they swore it was all hers :shrugs:

straight nappy

And this is an oxymoron no? :lol:

FeFe says:

candibfly says:

oprah be photoshopped to hig hell on these O covers.

_________

MsDivaRo says:

I think it was cause of her diet tho. She was a younger girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      You know you musty when you smell like straight onions! :rofl:

My dad use to say sack of ole granddaddies

VDot says:

I’ll take “naps” and a gold medal over “good hair” and mediocrity any day .

You and me both! :coffee:

Bootcampgirl says:

@Choco-maybe he will but at this point..fck him :bye: take care
      I heard that they have to pay taxes for winning those medals…I didn’t know that..

VDot says:

Not to mention the press/travel/money/sponsorships that will come along wtih that gold. But you know, people prioritize things in all the wrong order. Mama D’s in that order, may not be the best order. :coffee: <- Water

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Shidddddddddddd, I ain’t buying that!!! That is not OKRA’S hair..I repeat that is not OKRA’S hair :nono:

Onions! Thats it! :rofl: :rofl:

I fromthe country…do they have those fields of green onions where yal live? They cut them and whole hood be rank :lol:

We need a new post

My dad use to say sack of ole granddaddies

————————–
      :rofl: My momma will tell my son he smell like old granddadies when has been outside playing :dead:

dancerbee93 says:

flsun99 says:

How can you tell a friend she had a body odor?

You kinda rank, chick I am saying this with Love

********
      I would first give her a care basket with Summers Eve powder, Summers eve wipes, Summer eve spray, baby powder, secret clinical deodorant, talcum powder, bonds powder and it had a note in there saying “neva let them see you sweat!”

:kiss: Choco

Diva you missed the hair episode obviously. :lol:

She had ppl JUST LIKE YOU all over the internet saying it wasnt her hair..she invited them to the show and these Black women (that im shamed for..) had the balls to go up and feel all in Oprah’s scalp. Im sorry but I was sad for them.

If you look at old photos of Oprah before she left the news desk even, her hair has always been hella thick.

Google Oprah natural hair for pics.

Old grandaddies? I have never heard that but I love it :rofl:
      My granddaddy Matlock smelled like Winston Salems, Budweisers and Old Spice shaving gel!

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      My dad use to say sack of ole granddaddies
      _________________________________________________

Friggin :dead:

MsDivaRo says:

Diva you missed the hair episode obviously.

Google Oprah natural hair for pics.

———————————
      :nono: Why can’t I just hate! ok….I’ll go :pc:

VDot says:

and these Black women (that im shamed for..) had the balls to go up and feel all in Oprah’s scalp .

:no:

My mama is old school south. She doesn’t believe in just letting anyone put their hands in your head. Or more than two people working on one head. Not to mention they may have just scratched their azz. My scalp is sensitive like that. :yes:

MY personal favorite saying for someone who STANKS ill
      “They smell like dead monkey booty!”

candibfly says:

ppl thought i was mean in elementary and middle school cause i wouldn’t let them touch all in my hair. fvck outta here, it’s just hair :rolleyes:

anyway, why is this day going so slow?! i been chillin at my co-worker’s desk and it still ain’t time to go! i blame romney :mad:

MsDivaRo says:

Old grandaddies? I have never heard that but I love it

—————————
      My daddy smoked Salems for years, drank Lone Star beer and for every father’s day I would buy him that OLD SPICE! :rofl: ahh the memories! I am glad he hasn’t smoked in over 35 years!

Why can’t I just hate!</i.

:lol: :lol: Come on move on with me.

And she said something slick like, "well if you had someone caring for your hair professionally for 20 years you would have it too! :blink:

O aint right. LOL

:hahaha: Mzwhang gravie lol

MY personal favorite saying for someone who STANKS ill
      “They smell like dead monkey booty!”

————
      :hi: MsWhang… :dead: at dead monkey booty…

“They smell like dead monkey booty!”

From the mouth of a kid and I would die :rofl: :rofl:

MsDivaRo says:

Why can’t I just hate!</i.

Come on move on with me.

O aint right. LOL
      ——————–
      Well I guess she has a point there though! Shidddd she make me wanna go back natural. :thinking: Okay, so I'm moving on wit ya!

MsDivaRo says
      ….I would buy him that OLD SPICE!
      ^^^^^^This reminded me of that old Eddie Murphy joke….for Xmas the only present his dad got was 1 bottle of Old Spice, with every kid in the house’s name on it!
      Kids: “This is yours daddy.”
      Dad: “Oh yeah thanks”….(under his breath) “yall some cheap mfs!”

:hahaha: Ppl will get mad at CHEW for not letting them touch you. The same way a man gets stank about women going off about our asses…women will do the same thang with some hair. Tres sad.

VDot :yes: My mama shares all those same superstitions sentiments.

NaijaGal says:

…And she said something slick like, “well if you had someone caring for your hair professionally for 20 years you would have it too!

O aint right. LOL
      =======================
      but it shole is the truth…the ones who don’t know how to care for it are the main ones who think black women with BS lenght to TB length don’t exist…just cause you fry and dye your hair to that pinkie size ponytail it ain’t my fault

candibfly says:

i remember buying my dad drakkar noir for christmas :lol:

FeFe says:

My older cousin says a muhfukka smells like:

Garlic and gas and a cool breeze from an elephant’s ass… :coffee:

VDot says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Reminds me….if you go to bed with a dirty azz, you will wake up with dirty fangers :kona:

:hugs:
      Divurrrrrr
      OTB
      Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnn

LOL ya’ll…I’m ALWAYS sayin off the wall ish…& then crack up @ myself. I’d be the first to admit that I am SILLY AS HELLLLLLLLL!

MsDivaRo says
      ….I would buy him that OLD SPICE!
      Kids: “This is yours daddy.”
      Dad: “Oh yeah thanks”….(under his breath) “yall some cheap mfs!”

————–
      :yes:

Old Spice. :lol: My son wears thebody sprays now. I giggle everytime I see the can. :lol:

candibfly says:

i remember buying my dad drakkar noir for christmas

————————-
      I remember that cologne…I think every black man in the world wore that and couldn’t pronounce the name of it for chit!

tashabobosha says:

Who Oprah think she fooling?…..
      @Vdot I have had white ladies put their hands in my hair more now that I have gone natural. One lady had her hand all in my fro, I was like geez u wanna grease my scalp while you are at it :shocked: …but I feel good becuz I don’t have to karate chop :karate: them if I was wearing a weave.

Why can’t I just hate! ok….I’ll go
      ___________________________________

@Vdot

:yes: My mom was at a doctors appointment a few months back and said some crazy lady came and put her hand on my mom’s head…and all the hair in that spot fell out. She said the lady had something sticky on her hands so I don’t know if she naired her what but it was towards the front…so my momma on permanent side swoop these days :yes:

MsDivaRo says:

Old Spice. My son wears thebody sprays now. I giggle everytime I see the can.

———————–
      They gots bodyspray now???? :wow:

MissHarlem says:

:yawn: this cant be life

Why can’t I just hate! ok….I’ll go
      ___________________________________

@Vdot

—————————

:dead: :casket: side swoop though!!!!!!!!

mzwhang90210 says:

Pet Peeve of mine when people ask “Is that your hair?”

WTF????? What if it’s not? Why the flickety fluck is that YOUR business? If its my hair, its nice and pretty, but if its a weave/wig, does that make it any less pretty?????

I tell ya..some folks have NO home trainin!!

#endrant

:hahaha: @Fe’s cuzzin! STOLEN! :rofl:

When my exhusband start talking **** via text I respond

USER SYNTAX ERROR DELETE

I think he get all kinds of confused and stops

And when some calls that I don’t want to speak to the caller ID says
      Do Not Answer 1. 2. 3

#helpful

KishaMinyonn says:

FIRST HELLO EVERYONE!
      #TEAM NATURAL HAIR :cheer1: I also have people asking me all the time can they touch my hair. It’s so bad I bought a pair of earrings that say “No u can not touch my hair.

The fact that people are talking about Gabby’s hair is crazy to me. She works out all day so she should not want any chemicals in her hair. I think most women with chemically straightened hair has sweated out their ends at some point in time.

mzwhang90210 says:

Pet Peeve of mine when people ask “Is that your hair?”

I tell ya..some folks have NO home trainin!!

#endrant

———————
      My Momma says hell yeah it’s mine…..I BOUGHT IT! Thank you!

So Drakkar Noir isn’t giftable anymore :ashamed: :kona:

So so dead @permanent side swoop :casket:

Oh you can give it to HIM @Bibs. Please buy him many gift sets after that GREAT START this morn. :coffee:

@MsDiva

That’ll tell they arses!!

cologne on a man is great but the taste is nasty

candibfly says:

and when i had my gray and hazel contacts ppl would ‘them yo eyes?!’ :hahaha:

“Is that your hair?”

I have a friend with gorgeous hair and she always says “no” when folks ask that. And then she *blank stare* their asses.

Cracks us the fukk up cause the women be like patting themselves on the back? Looking at their firends like “told you girl..” *ratchet girl face*

candibfly says:

lawd a good smelling man :love: i will sniff his neck all day :yahoo:

@OTB

:lol: Not even does White Diamonds carry a men’s version?? :thinking:

lol@ Candi….
      “them yo eyes?”

:dead:

NaijaGal says:

whatever happened to that girl that played Tasha on South Central (she played Lorenzo’s sister)…she could sing…and she used to rock a jeri curl once on Amen…remember when Countess Vaughn was rocking that curl on 227

VDot says:

My mom was at a doctors appointment a few months back and said some crazy lady came and put her hand on my mom’s head…and all the hair in that spot fell out. .

Is yo mama from the south too? Because let my mama tell it, THIS is exactly why she doesn’t believe in people feeling in your hair all willy nilly.

I bet she be working that side swoop too. Do they call her Mama Aaliyah?

FeFe says:

when I get asked if that’s “all my hair” I just give a blank stare… :shrugs:

#nocomprende

@MsDiva

That’ll tell they arses!!

—————
      Yes ma’am!

cologne on a man is great but the taste is nasty

___________________________
      I loves a good smellllllingggg man! Yes, I do…the Fed-EX guy that use to deliver to us at work always smelled good. Lord, got the panties a little moirst! :kona:

You know what :dead: :lmao: Pinky sized. You aint chit :rofl: SO TRUE. My little neice she get a relaxer EVERY MONTH. :cry:

Then they holler bout “her hair wont grow..” I say “why you keep relaxing it then? You only need relaxers for new growth..”

She say, “well it get nappy and I put the perm on her whole head and its good for about 3 weeks then it need a perm again..” :no: My neice is in middle school so hopefully shell be takingover her own care soon.

@KishaMinyonn :hi:

lourie says:

oprah has beautiful thick hair. however, most of the time on TV, she wears wigs as in the cover photo. you can tell by the obvious “blending” of about a 1/2 inch of her hair in the front and sides that is trying to be blended into the texture of the wig. i luv the look, though.

who’s checking for latoya?

candibfly says:

and when i had my gray and hazel contacts ppl would ‘them yo eyes?!’

——————–
      I gots hazel eyes and use to get asked…are those your real eyes…Hell yeah they my real eyes….they ain’t glass eyes…

pointhimout says:

Gypsy, hey girl. Who’s is that guy in that pic?

dancerbee93 says:

My momma always told me as a kid “dont let nobody play or touch your hair!! You betta come back home the way I sent you to school and if I see someone was in yo head Imma beat you like a heffa stole my damn purse!” momma dannnnggg.. **in my chris rock voice** I too now say this to my daughter tho :rofl:

moirst

:hahaha: Excellent visuals :ashamed: Wait, not like that! Good word play I mean! :lol:

MissHarlem says:

RIB to OTB’S niece hair :sad: that chit right there makes me sad.

I keep my hair shoulder length only and cut it every month and still get the your hair is thick is that yours bs. Bish get out my face

———————-
      Shidddd it’s hard for me to stay away from relaxers and that Miss Clairol! Lord knows I’ve tried and tried……I will never have a pinkie size ponytail though :nono:

@Vdot

:lol: Hell nah her side swoop bootleg too…she’s one of those who never really learned how to do anything besides a set. :rofl: Doesn’t even blow it out after :no:

tashabobosha says:

@Vdot My mom is from South..when my baby came out with a lot of hair, she told me not to let anyone touch her hair..my best friend watched my daughter, when Jasmine came back with a new hairstyle, I was furious… the daycare workers like to fluffy her Afro puffs and my baby say ” stop, mama said NO! ” lol.

MissHarlem says:

*RIP damn told yall I was TIRED

:love: moist :SIGH:

Carry on :coffee:

Like the crazy woman here in my office who, always says. Wow so you really don’t have a relaxer.

or she’ll say…black people are so concerned about their hair.

MsDivaRo says:

You know what :lmao: Pinky sized. You aint chit SO TRUE. My little neice she get a relaxer EVERY MONTH.

——————————–
      Relaxes (new growth only) about 8-10 weeks…my hairdresser say I got the good hair and can stretch to 10 weeks, but some peeps that don’t got that good grade can’t wait that long before that touch-up :huh:

Kei_lyme says:

Hi and shyt

you can tell by the obvious “blending”

Are you natural? Kinky naturals often have 3 or more different curl/coil patterns in their hair.

Think of a slinky..the more weight added the more the coil stretches out. I didnt know I had “curly” hair until my hair was at least 7in natural. Up until then I thought just kinks on kinks on kinks. Which i do have as well.

moirst

Excellent visuals Wait, not like that! Good word play I mean!

—————-
      :rofl: moirst as a slice of duncan hines white cake with vanilla frosting!

@Point That’s gyp’s boy. :yes:

Kei_lyme says:

Hi and shyt

——————
      :hi: Kei

Harlem :cry: Its this *snaps fingers* long too. And she such a pleasant girl.

Ty says:

Have yall tried the Dominican shops :think: My girls are perm free :yes: The Dominicans and a lil whip takes them a long way and their hair is so healthy now :thumbsup:

lawd a good smelling man i will sniff his
      ——————————————–
      Me too gurl!!!!!!! :yes:

Ty says:

Have yall tried the Dominican shops My girls are perm free The Dominicans and a lil whip takes them a long way and their hair is so healthy now
      _______________________________________________
      :biggrin: Some folks don’t like em but if you go to the right one you really cant stop relaxing…ion care what texture your hair is… :yes:

candibfly says:

msdiva we are >>>>here<<<< ;)

*can stop

She lying to you…You could could probably go natural if the heifer could really do hair. That heifer that usta do my hair tried the shiat with me.

candibfly says:

lawd it took me FOREVER to learn how to do my natural hair. now *flips hair* u can’t tell me nothin #humble

Bootcampgirl says:

Those Dominican’s can work miracles…

KishaMinyonn says:

:hi: OTB

I’ve been natural since January and I can’t imagine ever putting a relaxer in my hair again. I was natrual about 5 years ago for about two years, but relaxed my hair due to a lack of knowledge and wanting to do something different. But now I have a stylist who is studying natural hair and information about care and styles is everywhere.

tashabobosha says:

@Ty.. my sis took me to get a Dominican blow out…That heat scared my hair straight for weeks..the heat was too much for my sensitive scalp…I rather had a perm..

@Diva you’d be suprprised! When you have a chance YT some videos of ladies stretching their relaxers. It will be eye opening; I promise you. 15-30 weeks and chit!

I stretch my daughters and they both have type 4 hair. I dont do well with hair styling so they get “styles” for the first 6-7 weeks and then we get braids or some protective, no touch style, then we bun until touch up time. I try to go at least 12 weeks. :yes:

@Kei! :hug: Whats up and chit? How them babes? We got a groupME app thingy/chat going on for SR..You should join..

:umIdo: been going to Domicans for 4 years and chemical free for 3. Some use too much heat, but the chic that does my hair. I :heart: her…Everynow and then I take a break with braids.

Still trying to figure outa style for my vacation. OTB says the straight band with curly weave is NOT the business. :shrug:

candibfly says:

i said i wasn’t going to put ANY chemicals in my hair ever again, then i got the itch for color and i had to get my golden highlights :D

Bibi says:

@Kei! Whats up and chit? How them babes? We got a groupME app thingy/chat going on for SR..You should join..
      _______________________________________
      OH….she should shouldn’t she :lol:

I dont fukk with the Dominicans. They do beautiful work and my fav deep conditioner is a dominican product but that its just entirely too much heat and manipulation for our fine little strands. Chit be gorg tho. And cheap. :(

candibfly says:

sometimes yasin’s blow dryer is so hot that a single tear rolls down my cheek :(

San says:

Texlax is a good way to go for some and a great way to transition. Not many have heard about it.

Humble huh? :hahaha: :heart:

Ty says:

Ty says:

_______________________________________________
      :yes: I only take them once a month and they wrap it everynight. No flat ironing or anything.

@ Tasha…. does the perm irritate your scalp :think:

dancerbee93 says:

lawd a good smelling man i will sniff his
      ——————————————–
      Me too gurl!!!!!!!

*******
      I second that :hump:

Usual Prime Suspect says:

——————–
      I’ve gone natural 3 times already….I just get bored and like to change it up. I am not really one to wear wigs and weaves. I’m not knocking it, it’s just not me.

:hi: Watcha been doing? I ain’t been on twitter in about a week.

Yeah, I wanted color then my faithful office buddy told me it would change my hair texture, so I wasn’t sure what to do.. Still trying to figure out this protection weave for vacay.

Straight bangs and curly weave. :yes: :nono:

tashabobosha says:

Here in Washington they are very liberal..I see women with pink hair and piercing holding professional jobs..I also wanted to go chemical free but I wanted to dye a chunk on my hair in the front honey blonde..problem is..I don’t wanna look like Wiz Khalifa about the head… :lol:

MissHarlem says:

You can strecth it longer if you go somewhere that knows what they doing. Im on month 11 with a nice wash and set going. I may look like I have a perm but :nono: I only like getting a perm once maybe twice a year IF THAT.

OTB thank the lawd she can almost do her own hair. Her texture is all kinds of confused she will need patience to get her hair back. Still :sad:

but if it’s a relaxer of any kind how exactly is one transitions *educate me*

:hug: Me neither. When I scratch my head now I always smile at how I would NEVER do that before. Swimming aint no thang..and those shower scenes with a special someone.. yessssss. :)

Ion care if he pull it either..even tho my scalp be a little sore and chit. But been a long time since that kinda action. :yawn:

———————
      I’ll do just that!!!!! :think: thanks fo the tip!

:buttshake: what’s poppin’ ???

Bibi says:

I dont fukk with the Dominicans
      _________________________________
      :no: And here I thought…. :no:

Oprah looking a lil “Sofia-ish”
      :-(

mzwhang90210 says:

…oh yeah..and who the hell wants to watch LaToya Jackson on a reality show? doing what? That show would be interesting for like maybe 5 minutes. Chile boo.
      LaToya sit down.

Yeah, I’m feeling you, I don’t wear wigs or weaves. I just want to….I tried once and thought my scalp was beig smothered.

Plus they say relaxers are linked to cancer, and I need all the life I can get.

Kei_lyme says:

Otb

The nuggets are good! You and yours? How do I join? Gums is in town so I’ve been hanging with that pioneer prairie witch….

What up man? Long time….

San says:

but if it’s a relaxer of any kind how exactly is one transitions *educate me*

________________________

I’m texlaxed, meaning I dilute my relaxer and leave it on for a minimal period, which still leaves alot of my natural texture (I look natural) I only do this like 2 or 3 times a year and I know if I wanted to fully transition to my natural it wouldnt be hard cus the two textures arent that diff if that makes sense unlike with relaxed hair

I have one relaxed, one texlaxed. I just use a differnt time for each to achieve different results. The teen dont do nothing but bone straight.

LaToya is “transitioning” into Michael.
      :-(

Bibi says:

How do yall know the type of ur hair…seems like I never quite fit in to those….

MsDivaRo says:

Be right back! I’m gonna change my gravi – a natural hair pic!

tashabobosha says:

@Ty …perms tore my scalp up…very sensitive scalp..I could barely last 5 minutes and hair dresser would get angry with me cuz I would beg for it to be washed out..but they wanted to “work it in” .. hell no..I just gave up and went old school and learned how to press my hair with a hot comb then flat iron it..now I don’t use any heat at all..

A texlax??? :huh:

@UPS
      What up?
      Greet me properly!
      :wail: :jack:

Man, I just don’t care
      LaToya is “transitioning” into Michael.
      _________________________________________________

Hey ManI

MissHarlem says:

You can strecth it longer if you go somewhere that knows what they doing. Im on month 11 with a nice wash and set going. I may look like I have a perm but I only like getting a perm once maybe twice a year IF THAT.
      :hug: Hey mama, yeah that’s what I did, before I totally stopped. The first summer wasn’t a good one, I could have used one of the Aunt Jemanina wraps.

NaijaGal says:

@SAN – but you’re still putting some type of chemical in your hair so I still don’t get it…when I’ve heard of transition it’s been people who stopped relaxing period and just worked with the differing textures until they cut off all their relaxed ends…why is it called texlaxed…is it basically a texturizer?

Im surprises that Oprah network is still goin…
      I guess it is on its last legs anyway they trying a show like this though.

MissHarlem says:

KEI :hug:

NaijaGal says:

BIBI – I wouldn’t sweat the hairtyping thing because as OTB said most of us have multiple textures in our 1 head alone…and sometimes most folks use that hairtyping like they do skintones but I digress

EXCEPTIN’ @BIBS! :yahoo: :lmao: I want to fukk with it tho :lol:

And The groupme thing: its an app, you download it, then members use your email to invite you to the chat. :yes:

I wasnt being exclusive, im just not sure how folks will react to chatting that way and I just thought Kei would be open to it.

@Cali check your mail!

<——-No chemicals

KishaMinyonn says:

Any product suggestions from natural people. I’m always looking to try new products and like to know what works or does not work for others.

@UPS
      :blink:
      Are you tryin to hunch me??
      :nono:

MissHarlem says:

CALI :hug: I always been one or two max perm a year kind of chick. Always hated perms especially since I thought I was grown at 14 and got one. The chemical and my hair down the drain :no: but gonna get braids next month to end the year without one :yahoo:

MsDivaRo says:

Bibi, there are natural hair websites that are very helpful with determining your hair pattern.

San says:

I say transition because it helped me to transition from bein all relaxed, not necessarily to natural. It’s just called texlax because its a relaxer with your texture. I’ve never used a texturizer, but they prolly do the same. All it does is stretches your hair a little depending how long you keep it on.

@OTB

:love: Ur good… :lol: I just ain’t chit today :lol: Ion even have a cellphone and the charger on my fire ain’t working so it’s collecting dust.
      I got chargers to everything but that damn thing wanna be special :mad:

MsDivaRo says:

Natural ladies…have any one of you done the bc? I did the last time I went natural and I thought I was going to die after my 9 year old son, said Momma you look like a boy! :dead:

I could have used one of the Aunt Jemanina wraps.

I need to send you some pics of me with my head wrapped up. :lol: I have tons of scarves :no: But like I told yall them white mens be on that natural look. I wear a lacefront to keep them a bay :lol:

@ MsDivurrrrrrr
      Is that your hair? :hahaha:

LOVE that hair…..work it..own it!! :danban1:

i have :yes:

cut my hair twice. once to my shoulders and once to my chin. it took like 2+ years for all the relaxer to be gone.

Trendsetter says:

I have relaxed hair…I get a relaxer every 6-8 weeks…

#carryon

@ MsDivurrrrrrr
      Is that your hair?

LOVE that hair…..work it..own it!!
      ——————–
      ;yes: ma’am when I was natural 2 years ago!!!!!! :shakebutt:

tashabobosha says:

@Kisha I use Wild Growth…it is in a white bottle with green writing, a red top..I notice growth with it..it is a oil..I get mine from health food store but it can be found at Sally’s

KishaMinyonn says:

@MsDivaRo I did the BC after having my daughter in January.

Any product suggestions

Favorite game :lol: What you looking for? Crece Pelo is my favorite moisture DC. :)

Whipfinity
      Shea Moisture Yucca line
      Nexxus Humectress (Sallys versions)…we use lots of good stuff on this board!

NaijaGal says:

MSDIVA – I have…I big chopped 10 years ago after I transitioned for 2 months…at one point I wore locs for 3 years then chopped it off and then after a year of growing it out I chopped it again…my last chop was for my 30th…shoot I love that damn near fade…if I could find a beautician that doesn’t charge an arm and a leg I’d keep it it at that length forever

mzwhang90210 says:

Have a blessed one erryones
      :peace:

Cute pic @Diva! I did not BC tho. I transitioned for 2 yrs and felt like I wasted my damn time. I shouldve just chopped. My hair was totally different after I let the relaxed ends go.

I had to switch products and everything.

i have

KishaMinyonn says:

@MsDivaRo I did the BC after having my daughter in January
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I don’t think I would ever do it again! I will just transition if I decide to go natural again!

candibfly says:

<— has a bajillion products at home

my friend was like lemme guess, u bought some more stuff for ur hair :rolleyes:

@MS.DIva

Now that’s a cute pic :yes:

My hair is odd to me….it’s very curly but very thin…so it disappears when I dry it… Like I can’t blow it out and leave it for 3-4 days :no:

Bye Whang Thang! :bye:

@Trend do you wear it bone straight? Styled? Spill it :lol: lots of relaxed heads here too.

Kei_lyme says:

Otb

Melaleucakei@ gmail

MISS!!!!!

@Candi

Now ur hair is fabulous its so full and thick :yes:

Humectress after the emergencee does wonders…

MsDivaRo says:

I had to switch products and everything.

—————-
      Thanks OTB, debating myself whether to go back or not! Flat ironing took 2 hours! ION know!

tashabobosha says:

:bye: Bye ladies and gentlemen, time for me to go to this raggedy jazz job of mine :wails:

Trendsetter says:

@Trend do you wear it bone straight? Styled? Spill it lots of relaxed heads here too
      ________________________________________

LOL…I wear it styled…I have short hair…so the style choice for the next few weeks is Chrissy from Love and Hip Hop…(her short hair style)

I normally wear my hair spikey/messy style like Halle’s..

@MS.DIva

Now that’s a cute pic

—————————
      Mine is really thick and I hated having to detangle it….so I just slapped a relaxer back in it. :cry: now I miss it! The easiness of wash & go!

@Bibi…and thanks hun!!!!!!

thanks bibi :D

detangling is my nemisis :crying:

@Bibs your hair sounds fine like mine…your individual strands..do they feel like thread? thinner? can you hear them if you roll a piece between your fingers? Can you see a strand against a piece of paper? This is strand thickness: coarse vs. fine.

You should try some volumizing products. I think loreal everclear has some nice stuff. And I use the SM Yucca line for that reason. :yes:

Here is a chart:
      F – Fine: Thin strands that sometimes are almost translucent when held up to the light. Shed strands can be hard to see even against a contrasting background. When rolling a strand between your thumb and index finger, fine hair is difficult to feel or it feels like an ultra-fine strand of silk

M – Medium: Strands are neither fine nor coarse. When rolling a strand between your thumb and index finger, medium hair feels like a cotton thread. You can feel it, but it isn’t stiff or rough.

C – Coarse: Thick strands…shed strands usually are easily identified against most backgrounds. When rolling a strand between your thumb and index finger, coarse hair feels hard and wiry. As you roll it back and forth, you may actually hear it.

detangling is my nemisis

——————–
      :yes:

Oooh @Trend :heart: Edgy. I like that look. I have always like Chrissy’s hair and Eva does that spike Halle thing well too!

I hate detangling! I always keep my hair stretched and it still wraps around itself like a vine. I try to detangle every couple of days. :(

——————-
      I was using Kinky Curly conditioner that was really good…and the curly pudding was good too!

@OTB

Yes I can see it and hear it if I roll….definitely thinner than thread….

Trendsetter says:

Oooh @Trend Edgy. I like that look. I have always like Chrissy’s hair and Eva does that spike Halle thing well too!

Yea Eva’s hair is always cute…Yea edgy thats me…lol

Bibi says:

Lol wait I was rolling more than one hair…

by that definition it is fine…

I wasn’t impressed by that curly pudding :no: But untangling every 3-4 days?? I wet it everyday cuz iono how to mess with it once it dries…

OH miss Diva I :heart: that on you :yes:

VDot says:

:THUMBSUP: to Ms Diva’s curls :yes:

Usual Prime Suspect says:

OH miss Diva I that on you

VDot says:

:THUMBSUP: to Ms Diva’s curls
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bibi says:

Lol wait I was rolling more than one hair…

by that definition it is fine…

I wasn’t impressed by that curly pudding But untangling every 3-4 days?? I wet it everyday cuz iono how to mess with it once it dries…

———————–
      Bibi, somedays it would work better than other days! I could sometimes get two days out of it…just fluff and go without having to re-wet and add product. I hear it is hit or miss for some peeps!