Apple announces oversized iPhone

Apple shares continue to slide despite today’s announcement of the much-hyped iPad “mini” and the 4th generation iPad. Apple CEO Tim Cook and Sr. VP Phillip Schiller revealed the new gadgets at an Apple event in San Jose, CA.

The iPad mini tablet, which goes on sale Nov. 2, will go head to head with gadgets from Apple rivals Microsoft and Google. The 7.9 in. mini tablet is as light as a pad of paper and thinner than the iPad.

Apple touts the new device’s A6X processor chip and wider support for LTE wireless technology. But before he died, Apple founder Steve Jobs predicted the failure of the iPad mini because he thought the tablets were too small.

“Others have tried to make tablets smaller than the iPad, and they have failed miserably,” said Schiller, who justified the tablet’s high price as “different” from its competitors.

“Competitors are making compromises with their products,” he said. “We don’t.”

The iPad mini starts at $329 for the 16 GB version with Wi-Fi. There is also a 32 GB model for $429 and $529 for a 64 GB model. The Wi-Fi only models ship on Nov. 2. The 4G Wi-Fi model starts at $459 for 16GB, $559 for 32GB, and $659 for 64GB. The latter models go on sale Nov. 16.

• iPhone Sales Lower Than Expected
  • Apple Admits Its New iPhone 4 is Garbage
  • iPhone Stands Make the Perfect Christmas Gift
  • Thieves drive BMW into Apple store to steal iPhones (Video)

72 Responses to “Apple announces oversized iPhone”

Xena68 says:

Dumb

Xena68 says:

I guess you can stamp Apple on a piece of shyt and people will buy it I own an Iphone but it is a 3gs have had it for years and will get a new one when this one dies so oh well

Carrington says:

Who the hell is “anticipating” a small iPad – don’t we have that in the iPhone already?

This new Apple CEO is making HUGE mistakes in rushing out all of these products just to saturate the market – Steve Jobs would NOT approve of the way things are going… and neither will stock holders in a year.

EB says:

Apple is doing thee most

For once I agree with Carrington. :thumbsup:

2cents says:

I saw a report this morning that Mr. Jobs did not approve of this device, then later changed his mind.

Gigi26 says:

But you know what though? People will buy it because they crave “new” just to feel like they’re “One up” on the others.

Maybe i’m weird but I have a macbook pro and that is where it ends for me in terms of computers. Having a laptop and an ipad and a mini ipad is a bit much for me. Maybe cuz I don’t care for gadgets like that :shrug:

I won’t buy this though.

Not a techy and so glad about this

DownBottom says:

This is silly… :shrug: an “ipad mini” per se is an iphone..

DownBottom says:

@Gigi, so true…planned obsolescence is in full effect, #trust :tea:

Lucky704 says:

I can’t wait to see what comes out next right before Xmas, because this is not the last of it.

I cant get over the Chinese workers :kona: off the buildings of Apple. :eek:

I cant buy that stuff.

DownBottom says:

Whose jumping off buildings? You’re always in the know @OTBizzle…*enlighten me* :-)

No one is in here I’m posting my blog question in here also brb 30 minutes to burn

Choco aka Hippie says:

Another blog question
      What do you think is going on in the minds of females who date men that are bi-sexual like Tiny, Gabby, Alicia, Lauren-Toya-Nivea-Sara, and Cassie-Kim-MsChapman

San says:

Typing on my cheaper, still effective Kindle Fire right now :tea:

Gigi26 says:

True. I have a macbook pro and a macbook air. No iPhone. :no:

Hi Choco, hun, you’re mistaken. T.I. is not gay. :nono:

@Sandra
      I said bi-sexual all of the girls I mentioned are dating bi-sexual men I saw it in TIP eyes already so we have to agree to disagree

@ Choco: I won’t argue with you, but Tip Harris is ALL man.

DownBottom says:

@Choco, what’s the questions…I have another 15mins to burn! :popcorn:

@Sandra
      How could you possibly know this tho? You really can’t see it in his eyes?

@Down
      Another blog question

YSoSrs says:

The iSheep will baa and buy this just like they buy everything else their Apple overlords tell them they need. :coffee:

:rofl: I just saw another pic I see sweet brown sugar

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

@choco i told u to stay out of trouble. :rofl: u said tip bisexual. Huh. :hahaha: stop it.

@Creamy
      Im not starting trouble its a serious question tho becuz I dont even see how Ashanti is so blind but they all could be HOLLYWOOD SWINGING

DownBottom says:

@Choc, I can’t answer for specific celebs but I would only think a person (in general) wouldn’t mind dating someone bisexual…they must be the same :shrug: *educated guess*

DownBottom says:

:lol: @Choc, I promise ur comments r kray kray… :rofl: @ I see sweet brown sugar

@Down
      Good point!!!! Yeah I guess if I was bi-sexual I would be open to dating a bi-sexual man – but WHOA I’m not so :nono:

scorpio says:

WASTE OF TIME!! Apple should be critcized for the amount of jobs they employ in China. The workers have to be miserable, keeping up the pace. The constant churnning out of this IPADs is ridiculous. The company has lost a lot of its’ lusture since Steve Jobs died. Once again American Over comsumption rearing its’ head.

@Down
      Cuz Im telling you it’s something in their eyes – like Madea has that look also and I saw it in that one’s (TP)eyes too

scorpio says:

Samsung Galaxy III is a better phone than the Iphone.

Bella Master says:

I’m guilty of drinking the Apple juice. But this here doesn’t make much sense to me.

Only logic I can think is that this would be beneficial for pro-Apple parents who want to purchase a tablet for their children.

I hear parents saying all the time that their kids use the iPad more than them. So why not buy one that easier for them to hold :shrug:

I cant get over the Chinese workers :kona: off the buildings of Apple. :eek:

I cant buy that stuff

:cosign:

fayfay wont NEVA buy apple. their business practices & how they treat their workers?? :nono:

cant condone that BS! :no:

ion eem buy itunes. NOPE!

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

That darn choco. Tiny gone get u. :lol:

@Creamy
      SHE KNOWS this is my concern :lol:

DownBottom says:

@Bella…I can’t see ur fineness with all that flash! :hug:

So no one going to mention what happened with the Chinese workers and Apple?

@Choc, I agree with ur assessment of some of those dudes…but my baby Nelly… :shank: I’on want to believe it! :no: *willful ignorance*

YSoSrs says:

aint the sad-ass truth? hey YSO! :dance:

@Down
      Nelly is forever gone! Girl look at how he was hugging Diddy one time and how he looks when he is around his other boyfriend

LadyT says:

Now if they made a phone of the IPad Mini it would make sense because then they could compete with that Samsung tablet/phone. There’s a market for them for those we wear reading glasses!

ok i take that back. i DO want a macbook so that may be the onliest purchase. MAY be i said!

:peace: yall have a good one!

DownBottom says:

:whip: @Choc, Man, you’re going to have to be on here when I am…makes this dragging ass blog pass by faster, nah mean? *steebie faces*

Bella Master says:

:hug: @Down

I changed it back to a doggy because that picture was sucky

#twerkteam

DownBottom says:

:stop: Whose his bf @Choc? *don’t let it be true gawd* :pray:

@Down
      My work day is OVA I see yall tomorrow hugs and smooches

DownBottom says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crying: *ugly cry* :hi:

Maybe I can buy Jordan an iPad mini so I can have my iPad back. :yes:

:blink:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

I have a job that required me to use devices that can do work related tasks. I need Powerpoint, Excel and Word on my devices. I can’t use Apple’s “work around” apps because they are not fully function able.

I have a HTC Windows phone and a Windows Notebook. They both work great. I can do everything I need out of the box without an app. Why spend triple the money for a toy?

ReadingIsFundamental says:

*requires not required

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Women dating bi-sexual men: Well, if the woman is bi-sexual also, then it all sounds great to me. If the woman is straight then maybe she doesn’t care because she is getting something from the feminine side of the man that does not get with strictly straight men. For the women who are straight but, don’t want to accept that the man is bi then, God Bless them and may they forever be blind so that the truth doesn’t hurt them in the end. In any situation, if you significant other or spouse is in to other people at all outside of you, ya’ll need to have the safety talk. Nothing worse than waking up in the morning with the ickies I’m sure. Or getting the side eye from your doctor during a check up.

Be safe.

scorpio says:

The media’s love affair with Apple is beginning to fade. The criticism is coming.

Bella Master says:

There are much cheaper tablets more appropriate for children.

LadyT says:

The Samsung Galaxy SIII is the iPad mini of phones. It’s too big for a cell phone.

Lodak says:

With growing competition from Amazon (Kindle Fire) and potentially Microsoft (Surface), Apple realizes that they have to stay ahead of the curve. If the product flops, so be it, that’s how it goes. Something tells me it will sell like crazy—like everything else.

Anyone drawing parity between Android (Samsung) tablets and iPads probably shouldn’t comment on the subject. Android has proven [in the marketplace and the courthouse] to be the cheap knockoff of Apple’s superior product, and only Microsoft will serve as true competition in the quality realm.

That being said, I doubt I buy another iPad anytime soon. My iPad 2 is working just fine.

sassyshe says:

Lodak says:

——————————————————————-
      Being a Pro Android user, Samsung is not Android just a body to put the software is but it is by far the best Android device on the market. Apple won its court case in the US but lost its cases international – not surprise Apple is a US company, Samsung is a Japanese company and the patent they won were for old products nothing new.

Tainted_Love says:

I just don’t like Apple…every time I look they are coming with something new. I’ll stick with my Galaxy Tab&HTC Evo

sassyshe says:

LadyT says:

———————————————————————–
      No Sandra that would be the Samsung galaxy note 2 going on sale next week.

But on another note all those minis are a large size versions of your cell phone which is why I would not get one, who wants to see a blown up version of your cellphone’s interface. But I will be treating myself to a Kindle Fire 4G LTE HD at the end of the year. I just have to decide on the 32 gb or 64 gb. For several hundred cheaper my Kindle Fire does fine and the new version will still be cheaper than the mini.

I’m sicka Apple and all their shenanigans! i had my mac book pro for 1 year and the bish crashed, they aint all of the that! Luckily they replaced my hard drive for free and my warranty was up by a few weeks! I’m not buying another damn thing from them! :tea:

datsmdubya2u says:

how does bi sexual eyes look?

lovezoe says:

Sandra. You hear that girl allegedly set herself on fire. I pray she gets the help she needs.

Daisy says:

@Dats I was wondering the same thing

datsmdubya2u says:

@ daisy

we’ll have to ask choco tomorrow

NaijaGal says:

own a macbook and iphone…apple’s never forced anybody to buy their products…don’t like it? guess what, don’t buy it

cougar lover says:

i see apple is trying to overcompensate for that lackluster iphone 5. oh, and whoever believes the samsung galaxy S3 is a cheap knockoff of the “premium” iphone must have an a6 processor lodged somewhere in there frontal lobe.

also, samsung is not one of the largest technological giants in the game due to flukage (just made up), they have a proven track record outside of smartphones. just check your smart tv, internet connectable bluray players, and other gadgets you have purchased from them.

tintin1979 says:

might be dumb in many peoples eyes however apple is the smartest company hands down. If they were to say they’re gonna release a phone with a tiny minor change, people will line up for days.i don’t own any apple products however I am quite interested in the Ipad which i too call just a big ass Iphone.

hotmess says:

My daughter has tablet I order from QVC and it cost me $160.00 and she can read books go in the internet do home work all kinds of sh%t I would never buy that for my child… who I’m always telling to clean her room,,,,, hell to the naw

Xsjado says:

Apple is going down the same road that killed it the first time: saturating the market. If it was one thing Steve Jobs learned from that, is to take your time, give people a chance to settle into what they have first, and then start making them want more. Since the new CEO took over, he’s been bombarding folks with product after product… Better simmer down, or else run it into the ground again..