SR Exclusive Super Teaser Trailer: The Houstons On Our Own

Watch the Exclusive emotional super teaser trailer of the Lifetime reality series “The Houstons On Our Own” after the break!

“Lifetime’s all-new docuseries “The Houstons: On Our Own”, premiering Wednesday, October 24, at 9pm ET/PT with back-to-back episodes, will chronicle those closest to the pop music icon, Whitney Houston, including her daughter Bobbi Kristina (Krissy); Pat Houston, Whitney’s sister-in-law and manager; Pat’s daughter Rayah; Whitney’s brother Gary; mother, Grammy® Award-winning singer Cissy Houston, and family friend Nick Gordon, as they try and pick up the pieces after her untimely death.”

“Throughout the 14 episode half-hour series, viewers will see the Houston Family as they come together to deal with the loss of Whitney and focus on Krissy, the 19 year-old daughter of Bobby Brown and Whitney, and the only heir to her mother’s estate.”

“The Houstons: On Our Own will follow Pat Houston, Krissy’s aunt, guardian, manager and executor of Whitney’s estate, as she tries her best to keep this large family together as they help Krissy deal with the loss of her mother in a healthy way and grow into a talented and beautiful young woman.

The show’s Executive Producers are Tracey Baker-Simmons, Wanda Shelley, Julie Insogna-Jarrett and Seth Jarrett (Jarrett Creative) and Lifetime’s Rob Sharenow, Gena McCarthy and Noah Pollack.”

• Bobbi Kristina walks off the set of Tyler Perry’s show
  • Full Sparkle Trailer featuring Whitney Houston
  • Rihanna wants to play Whitney Houston (Oh, the irony)
  • Sneak Preview: The Houstons On Our Own (Video)

98 Responses to “SR Exclusive Super Teaser Trailer: The Houstons On Our Own”

MsOnederful says:

YESSSSSSSSS!

The stills are more than enough.

Ion like the way buddy Bro looking at Bobbi K.

xamayca _Iza_Bacchanalist says:

No matter how u package it, i still think this is them capitalizing off whitney death and is classless. :shrug: i wont be watching.

mizzdallas says:

:yawn: I agree @xamayca the houstons especially that pat are pressed for fame since whitney’s death..

Dreadhead85 says:

I get bad vibes from Pat Houston…

And I hope that Nick boy isn’t using Bobbi to get to her money

xamayca _Iza_Bacchanalist says:

@mizzd :yes: its sad and pathetic. And on another note bobbi k and nick may not be blood siblings but they were raised as such so its still disgusting #notoboy-brotherrelationships

xamayca _Iza_Bacchanalist says:

Boyfriend-brother

I’ll be watching. The show looks like clean, wholesome family entertainment.

Keesh says:

I will definately be watching. I wish Whitney could have been a part of this… damn RIP

Off topic… I did not like the Sparkle remake :nono:

Keesh says:

Anybody know how mu h Bobbi K INHERITED?

MsChavo says:

Nick Gordon looks thirsty as he11………..
      And Bobby Kristina, I hope she gets the guidance that she needs.

Krissy’s wig notwithstanding I will be watching. It’s looking like it might give Being Bobby Brown a run for its triflin money.

Keesh says:

I wish Whitney could have been a part of this… damn RIP

She actually was a part of the show. According to the production company, filming began 3 years ago — while Whitney was still alive. But the producers decided not to use the footage of Whitney in new episodes.

sassyshe says:

I agree with Xamayca you have a bunch of wolves who been craving fame and using the poor insecurities of Bobbi K to encourage her to seek attention in ways she shouldnt so they can get their slice of the pie. Bobbi K is like Kayne when he lost his mom but in a younger, more destructive form. Poor Cissy co-signing this ish cause she just want to hold onto Bobbi K

MsChavo says:

I’ll be watching. The show looks like clean, wholesome family entertainment.

R you serious Auntie?…ummm Bobby Kristina is drinking champaign, how is that wholesome? And there is this dude running around town helping her spend her money. #NoBueno.

Keesh

The Sparkle remake left much to be desired no doubt. I kinda knew there would be issues when it was rated PG13. Krissy inherited 20M paid out on a schedule. She gets a small portion when she turns 21 and another small portion when she turns 25 and the bulk of it at 30.

Keesh says:

Wow, didn’t know she got that much. I don’t think this is going to be nothing like being Bobby Brown though. I hope Mrs Cissy. Get a lot of air time. I’m curious to see what she has to say about a lot of things

Carrington says:

I’ll admit that it definitely looks entertaining, but I guess I’m the only one willing to admit that Bobbi Kris looked high in every single scene?

I don’t see the purpose in this if they’re going to pretend that elephant isn’t in the room. Not at all.

I’d rather Krissy go away and never appear on TV again than to watch her looking like she’s headed down the same path as her parents.

I’m going to have to pray before I make a decision about whether I’m going to tune in.

Keesh says:

@ Bird that Sparkle remake was all types of wrong. I mean it didn’t even give me a 70s feel

Nichole says:

Why are her tracks showing like that?
      :cry:

Keesh says:

@ Sandra, do u know why they didn’t want to use any of the footage

Keesh says:

@ Nichole I didn’t want to be mean and say that but yeah her hair look like her boyfriend did it

MsChavo says:

R you serious Auntie?…ummm Bobby Kristina is drinking champaign

How do you know what she’s drinking hun?

Keesh says:

I’m flipping through channels and saw the BGC is on so I decided to watch it for a sec. This Shiat is real sad

@ Keesh: They didn’t use the old Whitney footage from 3 years ago because the footage didn’t fit with the current concept.

Smonae80 says:

I’ll be watching
      hopefully Bobbi K will get it together
      Pat does seem shady to me & that whole Bobbi dating her adoptive brother thing is gross.

Keesh says:

I hope they don’t make Bobbi K out to look weak and desperate on this show

Nichole says:

@ Keesh
      You are being far too kind. I don’t know that anyone “did” her hair. I think it is attached to a drawstring that shapes to her head.

lovezoe says:

Seems like the Houston’s are FOBs. :coffee:

Keesh says:

What’s does Bobbi K boyfriend do to make money?

@Nichole….lol
      :dead:

Nichole says:

@Keesh
      He makes money by sleeping with Bobbi K. Hard job but someone has to do it.

Tyler Perry's BRENDEN: Based On The Novel "Push" By Sapphire says:

@Sandra I’ll be watching as well. I see it as supporting Whitney. Just as I downloaded several singles on itunes after she passed. I was a big fan. I already had many, but I had to make sure I paid for them with at least a portion going to her estate. Anyway,,,Whitney would want us to support her child. You can’t Please everyone. Folks said it was too soon to do a full on tribute at the grammys, folks said it was too soon to do an interview with Oprah, folks complain about Tupacs music still being released 14yrs plus after his death…Theres never a happy medium…If Pacs Mama is getting paid, why not? If this is what Bkris wants…More power to her.

msmello30 says:

Auntie, I may not agree with “everything you say, but I agree with “most” of the things you say! You really hits it on the nail. :bow:

Keesh says:

@ Brenden, very well. I am a big fan of Whitney too.

VDot says:

_____________________________________________________

:thinking: I’m not sure whether this was suppose to be funny or not…. Nonetheless :rofl:

tintin1979 says:

am i wrong for thinking that Bobbi Kriss is not very good looking. She got the worst features from her parents.

Bad Influence says:

da hell is that thing on Bobbi K’s head?

her weaves have taken a turn for the worst…

I may try to watch…altho ion trust that Pat :nono:

WUT'S A YAKISOBA? says:

Bad Influence says:

da hell is that thing on Bobbi K’s head?
      her weaves have taken a turn for the worst…
      I may try to watch…altho ion trust that Pat
      ————————————
      His, I think poor Bobbi inherited Whitney’s alopecia. She will never have a proper hairline. I think lacefront are soon in her future.

FoxE says:

Her hair makes me angry! Since the show is airing on Lifetime I guess it won’t be like them other reality (rachet) shows. Or atleast I hope so…..

capricorn83 says:

Can’t get past BK’s hair to comment on anything else… #trulytragic

I’ll be watching the show though :tea:

EB says:

is that Peter Thomas?

I WILL BE WATCHING :popcorn:

DapisDaShizz says:

@EB, :rofl: :dead: I said the same thing. He looks like the head negro in charge of the towels.

NaijaGal says:

why folks acting like Whitney didn’t have a hand in raising the train wreck we’re seeing…but that whole “he’s my brother” yet yall are fcuking is beyond gross

bnatural says:

EB says:

is that Peter Thomas?

I WILL BE WATCHING

————————————-

:rofl: He does look like Uncle Ben aka Peter…

I’ll be watching the show :popcorn: …it actually looks REAL and not staged. I can’t believe Nick asked for that woman’s phone number while being filmed….

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

Something isn’t right with the way dude is looking at Bobby K. I will not be watching this mess. They are taking atvantage of this poor girl in my opinion. I dont think this will be “wholesome”, something more along the lines of a “lesser” Braxtons.

Good morning Roses! How art thou this bright and shining Thursday??

:waves:

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

I swear when I see Bobby K. all I see is her dad. Call me wrong and say I aint chit, but what man wouldn’t be creeped out a little if they were :hump: and all they saw was Bobby Brown’s face?? Much like Lawrence Fishbourn’s daughter right? :eek:

San says:

She doesnt have to uproot her life to see bout her, but I get it…I guess. Hell I dont. Bobby K is 19 and seems like she still acting like a child. They should have groomed her for this world so she could stand on her own two feet. Po lil thing, gotta be hard to deal with the lost of a mother. It seems like the Grandma should step in at this point and comfort her. I dont like tht lil boy either. Sneaky

Carrington says:

************************

I was waiting for someone else to say it. She was high during the Oprah interview as well and none of the news outlets mentioned it. I guess we’re supposed to pretend the issue doesn’t exist until she turns up dead. I know the family wishes they could do the show without putting her and Nick on display, but they are the stars so… :shrug:

NaijaGal says:

I think everyone saw she’s high but what can you do???

Milky says:

Good Morning Roses! It’s Friday Eve! :buttshake:

NaijaGal says:

I think everyone saw she’s high but what can you do???
      ———–
      Would hate it if she took the route of LiLo. :no: I think people are empathizing with her because of her mother’s history and somehow it’s accepted. why? idk because she should be held just as accountable.

:waves: Milky

MsOnederful says:

Bird. You weren’t there during the Oprah interview. I’m sure if she was high. Oprah would not have aired the footage and probably would have pulled Bobby Kris to the side. Maybe she was tired. She seemed fine. Maybe she got done crying before she spoke to Oprah. Which made her eyes appear a little dim. Maybe.

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

Would hate it if she took the route of LiLo. I think people are empathizing with her because of her mother’s history and somehow it’s accepted. why? idk because she should be held just as accountable
      ===========================
      she’s already LiLo…the difference is she’s not a star…I mean look at her parents…neither would accept help…the one thing I know about addicts is they’re not getting clean until they want to…and until Bobbie Kris decides to get help, no one can help her

NaijaGal says:

@MSONE – be it illegal drugs or prescription, Bobbi Kris was sedated on that Oprah interview

Trendsetter says:

Morning :waves:

Milky says:

:hi:
      razzle
      keesha
      naija
      bird
      bnatural

MILKY :hi:

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

I didnt see the interview. :( I just hope she learns quickly and decides to get help before she goes any farther down the hole.

Long Time Lurker says:

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

I swear when I see Bobby K. all I see is her dad.

I swear I was thinking the same thing. And that’s not a good thing. :no:

bnatural says:

Milky says:

:hi:
      razzle
      keesha
      naija
      bird
      bnatural
      —————-

Morning Milky :hug:

All that nigglet sees when he’s :hump: Bobbi Kris is money…cha-ching

All that nigglet sees when he’s Bobbi Kris is money…cha-ching
      ———-
      :lol: I’d look pass the fact too, he just seems so shady! how old is this fool?

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

I’d look pass the fact too, he just seems so shady! how old is this fool?
      ======================
      ion know but no more than early 20′s…I believe Whitley took him in as a teen…dude gets to live the high life without having to do ish…can’t say I’m mad at him

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

OK Lurk! And especially since she wants nothing to do with her daddy, she cant even disown him cause she looks like him in a wig! I’m not saying he’s ugly, just that she looks just like him. :no:

Hola Your name :hi:

lovezoe says:

Morning!

Do we really believe Oprah would have passed on that interview because BK was high? That girl is being used from her aunt, “brother”, everyone. See how he wrecked his car got a new one, wanted Maserati buy settled for something else? Where he work? The worse thing is a Rich addict and people who go along for fear being cut off.

I guess we forget the video of BK smoking on the glass pipe. Bobbi on tv nonchalant. This girl grew up with two addicts and leeches for family members.

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

ion know but no more than early 20?s…I believe Whitley took him in as a teen…dude gets to live the high life without having to do ish…can’t say I’m mad at him
      ————-
      how can you be? :lol:

Long Time Lurker says:

Eat the cake Anna Mae…

———————
      i member that one…. I just want to :hug: Bobbi K. and show her some love. :shrug:

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

Cream Puffs sound really good right now…….

FuturedocDonte says:

Who left the makeup out for Bobbi Kristina to play in :cuss:

Mornin everybody :cuss:

:popcorn: cant wait to see this show. Still :pray: that Bobbi and Bobby can mend their relationship.

AlluringlySweet says:

I don’t think I can watch this. This girl doesn’t need to be in the spotlight this quickly. Like someone mentioned earlier……Lilo part 2. Good morning everyone.

Raise your hand if you’re gonna be shyt today!!!

YOUR NAME HERE! says:

Raise your hand if you’re gonna be shyt today!!!
      ========================
      *pops collar* I’m that all day, erry day :grill:

Trendsetter says:

Are we :offtopic: yet

I heard that Jennifer Hudson called Jessica Simpson lazy because she hasn’t lost weight yet since she’s been on weight watchers

Trendsetter says:

======================
      Jennifer ain’t lying…they got her wearing all those tight ass clothes and ish and all they do for Jessica is show her fat ass face…no ma’am Pam…J needs to be pissy at WW for not making the white guhl work…hmpf

Long Time Lurker says:

YOUR NAME HERE! says:

Raise your hand if you’re gonna be shyt today!!!
      ____________________________________

:oops:

MsOnederful says:

*********************

It sounds like you saw that she was high but don’t want to believe it. She was high and O would have gladly interviewed for a whole hour in that state if Krissy would have let her. You see how she has flipped on the Rihanna beat down. That’s because she wants to get that interview with Rih and Chris and I hope she does!

cheeks8683 says:

I’m trying not to judge people too quickly but that Nick Gordon character rubs me the wrong way. You don’t have to know a person personally to get a bad vibe. I just think he was the closest person to her when her mother died so she went with it, as a alot of people do when faced with a sudden tragedy. How many times do you hear about people going back to old relationships or sleeping around just to feel some sort of comfort, plus she is young too?

Morning folks! BTW did any of yall tune into Tom Joyner this morning when they talked to one of the men featured in that “kappa” wedding? :popcorn:

Trendsetter says:

Trendsetter says:

======================
      ___________________________________

You know Jennifer had help losing that weight right? And I’m not talking about WW…

lovezoe says:

It makes me sad the way they went in on the Kappa.

lovezoe says:

Jennifer needs to stop oh and :newpost:

VDot says:

YOUR NAME HERE! says:

Raise your hand if you’re gonna be shyt today!!!

_____________________________________________________

:waves: ME!!!!!

Trendsetter

I hope that is not true. That would be awfully judgemental of her. She knows the struggle first hand so I’d have to hear her say to believe she said it.

NaijaGal says:

@TREND – that’s what they say but I don’t believe it…Jennifer was never that huge to require bypass or any surgery

Trendsetter says:

I work at one of the top hospitals in Chicago and the surgeon who did her surgery is cool with a surgeon that performed the lapband….

NaijaGal says:

@TREND – the fact that he/she would disclose it makes me side-eye even more…still don’t believe it…but if she did, then her karma awaits

ohpretty1 says:

So in other words, this is the Pat Houston show?
      *goes to read comments*

Trendsetter says:

That tea has already been spilt by her own camp. :tea:

precious1 says:

I am not interested in watching a show about the Houstons if Whitney is not apart of it. What is the point of the show. We never saw a glimpse in their lives when she was alive. I’ll pass on this one!

hell_on_heels says:

xamayca _Iza_Bacchanalist says:

No matter how u package it, i still think this is them capitalizing off whitney death and is classless. i wont be watching.

_________________________________________________________________________

AGREED!!! And I still want to beat Pat’s a$$!!! This is in such poor taste, it’s not even funny!!!

The Pearl! says:

@Cheeks…I listened to the TJMS for the interview with the gay kappa guy – Nathaniel. I thought J was funny when Nathaniel kept saying, “excuse me, let me finish” and J finally said, “I bet your husband don’t get to say NOTHIN’!”