Nicki Minaj’s drama with Steven Tyler won’t help her record sales

Nicki Minaj Steven Tyler feud

Rapper Nicki Minaj was flying sky high around this time last year. Her fans couldn’t get enough of her quirky personality, and music consumers couldn’t get enough of her catchy music.

But that was before she abandoned her fan base in hopes of being pop music’s queen for a day.

Sadly, Minaj’s third studio album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded – The Re-Up, won’t even generate a quarter of the sales of her 2nd studio effort, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which dropped on April 2.

In fact, ‘Re-Up’, which dropped on Nov. 19, is set to sell a meager 20,000 copies in its first week.

That number would make any artist flipping mad. But instead of blaming herself for her problems, Minaj is lashing out at everyone from retailers to former American Idol judge Steven Tyler.

In a recent interview with MTV, Tyler gave his unbridled opinion on the nonsense g’wan on between Minaj and ‘Idol’ judge Mariah Carey — which everyone believes was a publicity stunt.

Tyler stopped just short of accusing Minaj and Mariah of stuntin’ for TV ratings, when he said:

I know that they’ve got something going on on the judges’ panel, [and] it shouldn’t be that… They should have something going on, which is called ‘camaraderie.’ They should have something going on so thick and beautiful that they can lay it over the new talent that’s trying to birth itself. It needs to be birthed, not judged by ‘entertainment’ factors, it needs to be judged by people that [are] honest, true, that have the ‘it’ factor. Not the ‘it’ factor because they can fight. The f— is that all about?

In other words, Tyler was simply saying that judges should put aside their pettiness and judge the talent in front of them.

But then Tyler took it a step further by referring to the classic 1961 episode of ‘Twilight Zone’ (“It’s a Good Life”) in which the petulant bratty kid with magical powers (Billy Mumy) turned a human being into a jack-in-the-box then sent him to the corn field.

At least I think that’s what Tyler was referring to when he said:

These kids, they just got out of a car from the Midwest somewhere and they’re in New York City, they’re scared to death; you’re not going to get the best [out of them]. … If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips. Just saying.

An enraged Minaj, who probably never saw that episode of the ‘Twilight Zone‘, immediately assumed that Tyler was being a racist. She took to her Twitter page ranting and raving about the specter of racism that swirled around Tyler’s words.

In a series of tweets, she wrote: “Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven’t seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!”

“I understand you really wanted to keep your job but take that up with the producers. I haven’t done anything to you. That’s a racist comment.”

“LOL lets make him a shirt that says “No Coloreds Allowed” then escort him down 2 Barbara Walters so he can tell how he was threatened w/guns.”

This is the problem with ignorant people — they jump to the wrong conclusions which makes them feel even more foolish when they finally realize the error of their ways.

• Nicki Minaj Endorses Mitt Romney for President?
  • Nicki Minaj Embarrasses Trey Songz On His Own Track
  • Twitter FAIL: Don’t You Wish This Really Was Lil Kim’s Twitter Account?
  • Nicki Minaj is back… on Twitter
  • Spotted on MissJia.com

134 Responses to “Nicki Minaj’s drama with Steven Tyler won’t help her record sales”

Donna del Gatto says:

Nikki knows how to stay in the news.

I think the people on the show recognize Nikki or what she is…. a gimmick.

Both on the show and professionally since female rappers are a gimmick to begin with.

*Bey face* @Nikki

:tea:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

THIS CHICK IS STARTING TO FADE, HER CAREER HAS ALREADY REACHED IT’S PEAK, I’M NOT SURE IF SHE HADN’T NOTICED BUT MOST HOT UP AND COMING ARTIST DON’T HOST TALENT SHOWS, THAT’S TYPICALLY THE FIRST SIGN THAT YOUR CAREER IS OVER, UNLESS YOU’RE A LEGEND AND MOONLIGHTING AS A JUDGE IS CONSIDERED NOBLE :coffee:

I BET MONEY YOU COULDN’T GET LADY GAGA TO JUDGE SHIAT

Nikki’s mouth :nono: or her lips :rolleyes:

Bad Influence says:

:hahaha: that dumb bish Nikki….lacefront glue really does eat ur brain folks

Chittttt. I forgot something…its 445. Grrr. :cuss: Goodnight Roses! :wave:

Ty says:

That wig makes me want some Now & Laters :think:

*goes up to read*

Bad Influence says:

but Stevens face tho :blink:

Bad Influence says:

Bye Jack’bew :hug:

My lil one just learned petulant and pedagogue #nerd :eek:

bubblicious says:

@INTENSE

Exactly. Nicki’s tricks are old and done. The sooner she realizes this the better off we’ll all be.

My lil one just learned petulant and pedagogue #nerd
      :thumbsup:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

@DTS

THAT’S AWESOME, HOW OLD?

lacefront glue really does eat ur brain folks

:nite: OTB

Bigbadwolf says:

She is putting out the same album with a few extra songs on it. I didn’t buy it the first time, won’t buy it this time either. :no:

WorkInProgress says:

Nicki’s tricks are old and done
      ………..
      this have me siging “This old man” :whistle: and a nik nak paddy wak give the dog a bone

Ty says:

Now that she is finished can I get a Rah Digga, Eve, anybody’s damn album :pray:

Sick of this jingle rapping heffa :coffee:

Bibi says:

This fool :no: she just wants to play victim…

mzwhang90210 says:

____________________________
      :cosign:
      Even if it were not a reference to the TZ episode…how could saying “send him to the cornfield” possibly be considered racist???

Now had he (Steven) said something like “If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to go buy her some chicken…” THAT’s racist!

This is why some yt folks are always acussing Black folks of pullin the race card when it makes no sense. Nicki Mange just wanted her “fans” to get all up in arms over this non-existant slight.

I wish this chick and her imitation talent would go to the cornfield.

:nono:

Gigi26 says:

People have realized the bullchit she’s on and is over it. Her attitude killed her career not Steven Tyler.

Nikki just face the fact that your pact with the devil is done. God is in control now :yes: PRAISE HIM!

Donna del Gatto says:

Rihanna’s ‘Unapologetic’ just debut at #1 in America :yahoo: :cheer:

_/_/_/ <—For Nicky, Roman and his mama

mzwhang90210 says:

:hug: Dittyyyyyyyyyyy
      I saw ur lil snide remark about my doggy’s “couture” hairstyle.
      Don’t hate!

Choco, I put up words on the white board at home(make it like a challenge game) and I am turning the little (4-7 yr old) cousins into some brainiacs (they are already thugs) so this will be interesting!

I told them when they get mad, to use the hard words and make somebody mad! djm :ashamed: LOL!

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

@DTS

THAT’S A BLESSING, CONGRATS PROUD MOMMY!!

:karate: I can’t see her right now! BUT if she still in that same get-up, she is only looking to be the side-pooch :turneduplipsmirk:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

I told them when they get mad, to use the hard words and make somebody mad! djm LOL!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I PRACTICE SCENARIOS WITH MY 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER ON HOW TO STUMP HEFFAS WITH SARCASM BUT IN A NICE NASTY WAY, LONG AS SHE DON’T TRY THAT ISH AT HOME THOUGH :coffee: WE COOL :)

Thank you Intense, GOD has really blessed me and him!

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

jingle rapping heffa

:dead:

Ty says:

________
      :cheers:

Intense and Choco

They “can’t wait” until they can use putrid or portly! One means stinking and one means fat, round, rotund etc :hahaha:

Smonae80 says:

:waves: His
      Nicki got issues, ion think Steven was being racist. I think he was just saying she has no talent & can’t help make anyone else great

Ty, they are gonna be some gansta nerds if I have anything to do with it yo!

Their mother is a bird :huh: Don’t get me started :no:

29 was for 26 :coffee: #incaseyoutrytoactlikeyoucantsee :nana:

:blink:

@ New Girl…I do that at home when certain ppl get on my nerves right now. they be mad as hell that don’t know if they should be offended or not. :rofl:

Ty says:

________
      Thats what I took from his comment also…hence “you’re not going to get the best” :coffee:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

YES INDEED!! NOTHING BETTER THAN A CHILD TO BE PROUD OF, MY 8 YEAR OLD GOT STRAIGHT A’S ON HER REPORT CARD, THE PASTOR CALLED HER TO THE FRONT OF THE CHURCH AND READ HER GRADES ALONG WITH THE OTHER KIDS WHO ALSO HAD GOOD GRADES AS WELL, FELT REALLY GOOD :)

That’s right New Girl, the look! #priceless

:eek: Whatsamatter?

mzwhang90210 says:

:karate: Congrats on your kids! Teach em early and it’ll stick with them always!

:trophy: <~~your Great Mommy Award!(set to self distruct at midnight!)

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

:applause: GOD is good!

*re-wraps it up beautifully* :D
      Santa came early :yahoo:

:karate: you’re gonna be eating that egg-fu-young outta a straw yo! :cuss:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

your Great Mommy Award!(set to self distruct at midnight!)

^^^^^^^^^^^
      LOL!! DANG NOT EVEN GOOD FOR A WHOLE DAY

mzwhang90210 says:

:wave: Smonae!
      I think he was saying that too in part of his comments. Being “directly indirect!” LOL.

@Ty you and that gravi :hahaha:

:offtopic: Finally caught 3 episodes of that MTV show “Catfish”

crazy…just crazy!

*45 should have said it was delivered to your front door :tea:

Well
      Before she leaves can she issue a stmt or a twot or something so folks can go back to wearing natural colored hair? :shocked:

So what did Steve tyler say,ion feel like reading

Ty says:

A Valdosta State University freshman’s parents are distraught after finding out about her death on Facebook.
      According to CBS Atlanta, Jasmine Benjamin, 17, was found dead last Sunday, November 18 in her dorm’s common study room area. Valdosta Police did not suspect foul play at first, but the case has since turned into a homicide investigation because of suspicions that her body was moved.
      Benjamin’s mother, Judith, and her stepfather, James, told the local station that university officials never notified them about their daughter’s death. Instead, they learned about it from a friend’s Facebook post.
      “For someone to be so insensitive not to reach out to the family, or not even to keep up with what’s going on because it’s a holiday and you’re going away on vacation or whatever you’re doing — it’s very, very hurtful to say the least,” James said.
      He said police told him her death went unnoticed for 12 hours because her fellow students thought she was just sleeping on the study room couch.
      “That’s the most disturbing part of it. Aren’t there RAs?” he said. “What kind of school is this that they don’t know someone’s laying on the couch — to go check on them after a certain amount of hours?”
      The university said the standard procedure in the case of a student’s death is to notify law enforcement in the hometown of the student’s parents or next of kin. The university’s police department reportedly contacted both the Gwinnett County Sherrif’s Department and the Lawrenceville Police Department.
      A Gwinnet County sheriff’s deputy officer notified Benjamin’s parents about her death later that Sunday.
      According to the Valdosta Daily Times, police are waiting on a medical examiner’s report before ruling the death as a murder.
      “We’re reluctant,” Valdosta Police Department Commander Brian Childress said. “We’re not saying absolute homicide.”
      “We have not identified anybody at this point that we are ready to arrest,” he added.
      Police are looking for clues in surveillance video from parts of the dorm building

Ty, so the facebooker posted quicker than the police could contact the parents? :huh:

Gigi26 says:

Well to be fair to the RA’s they are not trained to check bodies..I remember falling asleep many of times in the common area..shyt I had two roommates who got on my damn nerves :shrugs:

WoooowH at that story TY :think:

:eek: nothing really :shrug: nik just trying to remain relevant, can’t say that I blame her…. Gots to be a sucky sucky feeling to know you’re not considered ‘hot’ anymore :tea:

Ty says:

Unfortunately :(

Smonae80 says:

:waves: Mzwhang

Congrats to your baby Intense :claps:

Gigi26 says:

Sounds to me like they followed protocol, but a damn facebooker couldn’t sit on their fingers :eek: outta respect for the family :smack:

Hrmm,The funny thing about OMIKA is that she Really never was,she didnt get the meMo :eek:

_____________________________
      Good JOB! :lol: I love your strategy for getting even! :lol:

if it wernt for the FbPoster,the parents,Probably still wouldnt had a clue :shrug:

Gots to be a sucky sucky feeling to know you’re not considered ‘hot’ anymore
      But this is the thing I’ve never really considered her to be hawt just more so of the moment type of vibe

I was gonna font it, but I didn’t wanna come across as harsh :shrug: but yeah, that bish ain’t neverrrr bean hot IMB, just a clownbish! #aintmyfault

@Luvn
      I saw that about that beautiful teen and I find that so weird and odd! and I dont know why her parent weren’t contacted properly #SMH

Gigi26 says:

Sounds to me like they followed protocol, but a damn facebooker couldn’t sit on their fingers outta respect for the family

And that facebooker is gonna be questioned, what an idiot! :no:

just a clownbish!
      :yes:

:eek: it states they contacted the police dept in her town :shrug:

What did the exact message on fb say did anyone get that?

Ty says:

I was gonna font it, but I didn’t wanna come across as harsh but yeah, that bish ain’t neverrrr bean hot IMB, just a clownbish!
      _________
      :cosign:

Cues Rah Digga

Its Curtains :whistle:

Ty says:

@ Choc the story was in my inbox :shrug:

this handle was at the bottom but I don’t feel like getting on Twitter lol

Follow Ugonna on Twitter at @ugonnaokpalaoka

@TY
      Okay gotcha – Im just wondering how the hell do you font about a death on fb without being insensitive

@ChoCo . .
      I Suppose we should WAIT For the WHOLE story,More detail,Etc. . .
      or we’ll be assuming,being judgemental,assuming,etc.,etc.,

@ChoCo
      it was probably an R.I.P. post of that nature

Folks just got too much time and NOT ENOUGH social skills nowadays!

@ChoCo . .
      I Suppose we should WAIT For the WHOLE story,More detail,Etc. . .
      or we’ll be assuming,being judgemental,assuming,etc.,etc.,
      Nah I get exactly where you are coming from but uh yeah Imma do me :wink:

Oh yeah that makes sense RIP but damn :pray:

The lady who was riding the manatee was charged and arrested the Other day. :eek:

Yall see KolaB going in agane? :rofl:

:eek: I saw that yo!

That day was soooo sooo funny! :hahaha:

Top Two

-There was no marriage. She was up watching netflix at 2 am while I had to take that duck she couldn’t clasp.

-Who wants to go in court and admit thy’re not legally married and that person you’re “suing” fukcs your hubby more than you do?

The lady who was riding the manatee was charged and arrested the Other day.
      ___________________________
      :clap: Good to know!

@Sunni
      Where is what Kola is talking about please direct me

Damn Kola is INSANE!

Rhymes or sounds like Gossip :lol:

Choco, were you on here on the ‘day of the manatee’?

@Sunni
      Yeah I believe so I was just on snitch!

She said she gots real boobies, a non-padding needed ass, and killer cheek bones <–I'm paraphrasing! :lol:

:rofl: Wait a minute I meant to say on gossip

KolaBoof is Vicious ,LOL

Kola is attractive but the vile she spits out of her mouth :blink:

@smurfette
      that manatee story that day was hilarious, :rofl: the next morning errybody was like what happened with a manatee?
      What is a manatee??
      that was FUNNY..

:eek: after I googled what a manatee was and saw that tub of lard on his back YO I was too done :rofl:

=========
      Choco, she’s like “But I didn’t lie. I am not a liar.” :lol:

Accuser #2 and #3 have the same lawyer. #cha-ching

#3 says they had relations.
      #3 wants to remain anonymous.

Damn shame! ALL were teens :cuss:

Choco, she’s like “But I didn’t lie. I am not a liar.”
      ________________________
      She didn’t lie but gotdamn she was messy as hail and yes at Elmo accuser # 3 it makes me judge the pic of happy azz elmo voice man

Fugg Elmo voiceman I’m glad he is being outted

For Shame For shame :no:

:hurl: Draya did Jackie Christie’s fashion show & she had to wear a panty liner-Know why? Cuz Draya punany leaks out sticky stuff mane..

AND thanks to Choco :rollseyes: whenever I see beaks and keys together I picture her riding his snauzer :rollseyes:

:rofl: !!!”

Lodak says:

I’m no fan on Nicki, but a rerelease of a successful album with extra tracks netting 20K ain’t too bad in my book. Those are US sales only, right? Her tour started internationally according to E!, so wouldn’t those number go up over time–especially after her tour comes stateside? #jussayin #rationalthinker

:eek:
      What is this –> !!!
      A gang sign? :thinking:

I can see now… :eek: Who’s baby you stole?

Now that I can see gravis, I’mma go look for MsDiva’s Grand! :lol:

:blink: ?!!!”? :huh:

Thats MerediTh!

@Sunni
      :hunching: <<<<<<< Keys on Beak

:vomit: At leaky cooch :vomit:

Aite Chica's hola manana!

:nite: Choco
      I just saw MsDiva’s lil fat face cutie patootie!
      Oh and I saw Marquez’ Chicken Wang pose :hahaha:
      Who did what to nahhhhhhh never mind…

:eek: You say that like I know who that is :rofl: #lost

:nite: choco

Kevin Clash — the former voice of Elmo — used alcohol as a precursor to oral sex with an underage boy … this according to a new lawsuit that has just been filed by a THIRD accuser.

:smack:
      thats kei’s lil nugget

Oh. Cute. I still pray for her health :coffee:

:eek: He met them on gay chat lines. Sicko! He could have found him a grown man to have relations with :cuss: Weirdo! :mad:

:think:

Pedophiles arent interested in grown ups :(

True…
      These teen boys were lurking on adult gay chat rooms, as was he, and now I think he should have to face the music. Sicko! :mad:

YES . . .Very True,
      But NOT that i condone any of the BS,why are the teens lurking on Adult gay sites?

Ms.Fashion says:

REMY MA!! YOU ARE MISSED!!! Signed…Fan

Bella770 says:

Nicki picking fights with LEGENDS. Does she honestly think she can’t be ruined behind these type of things?? Oh well….. :yawn:

Hard Hitter says:

Wow – women not supporting other women. You would think, we (us folk) would be proud of her success instead of crabs in a barrel. BTW – I think her album is a re-release of her last album (repackaged w/new material) so her sales ADD to her previous count and DO NOT stand-alone. I could be wrong but…

rockstar says:

Why support another woman just because she’s a woman???? She’s a non talented annoying type person. Her stage shows are despicable. So why would anyone who doesn’t stand for that be capping for her?

I cant sleep and logged in to this mess. Anyway…I want Nicki to apologize to Steven Tyler. He helped modern day hip hop be what it is. Jesus be some hip-hop history. Aint she from Queens? So is Run DMC. She should know better.

Steve Tyler (with help from Rick Rubin) approached Run DMC to perform HIS song back in ’85. “Walk This Way” was HIS and Aerosmith song my beloved (In my Iyanla you is a DUMB azz bish voice)..aint no fuggin way a racist would have done NOTHING of the sort back in 1985 when rap was still considered a fad and nukka music. It helped forge the barriers in hip hop.

“Walk This Way” may very well be THE most famous crossover song EVER in rap history you uninformed slut. It was for sure one of the first. It helped your boss man Wayne have the OPPORTUNITY to be a part-time rock star/skater boy.

Much as I fuggin HATE P.Shytty…where is he to make this dumb azz ghul take a walk for some cheesecake like he did Da Band…b/c they aint know the lyrics to Rappers Delight? Somebody need to send this bish out for a stroll for not knowing her hip hop history.

GOODNITE.

missmiami says:

Purchased the album and THE REUP DISC WAS A TOTAL WASTE :shotsfired:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Sandra

Have you watched Animal Planet’s “The Monster Inside Me”?

Is it that easy for a parasite to get inside the human body and shut down our whole body :think:

missmiami says:

Purchased the album and THE REUP DISC WAS A TOTAL WASTE

:stop: why would you purchase this maggot’s ish :nono: she is straight garbage !!!!! Never been a fan. Beesh could die today I wouldn’t give a shat !! Morning :waves:

MsTrendy says:

Nicki Minaj did flip on us and went pop which I did not like. She said he second album was about what she wanted not everyone else and I hated it so if its for herself she can keep that sh*t I won’t buy it.

:stop: :blink: <<<— rubs got damn eyes !!!! Is that Ms. Fashion :yahoo: Come here suga :happy: where oh where have you been my fellow Leo :hug:

Her fans (IDIOT DUMB AZZ Fans) couldn’t get enough of her quirky personality
      __________________________

Fixed that for ya auntie :thumbsup:

:huh: I did that all damn wrong :blink:

Her fans (Idiot DUMB AZZ FANS) couldn’t get enough of her quirky personality,

:blink: Is it right now

:trophy: I got it :yahoo: :buttshake: Finally !!!

FuturedocDonte says:

Am I the only one that didn’t know she had a new album out :thinking:

Morning all :waves:

:wave: Morning :newpost:

Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

My lil one just learned petulant and pedagogue #nerd

I’m impressed :clap:

missmiami says:

:Ashamed: I am a fan of hermixtapes and sheclimed the second album ahe was going back to her roots :kona:

Ms.Fashion says: