Will Smith asked President Obama to help spring T.I. from prison

TI covers Billboard magazine

Rapper/actor Tip “T.I.” Harris is making the rounds to promote his blockbuster album, Trouble Man: Heavy Is the Head, which is set to drop next month.

In an interview with Billboard Magazine, T.I. revealed how actor Will Smith attempted to use his significant pull with Barack Obama to have T.I. released from prison. He also received support from rappers Eminem and Nelly while he was doing time on weapons charges.

BILLBOARD: Through the years, you’ve mentioned different people being supportive of everything you’ve gone through, including Eminem. Who else has been there to help?

T.I.: “As you mentioned, of course, Em. He was extremely supportive and inspirational during that time. Busta Rhymes, Puffy, Lyor Cohen, Russell Simmons, Nelly, David Banner, Charlie Mack, Will Smith. Will actually went as far as getting in touch with [attorney general] Eric Holder and the Obama administration trying to see if we could get some kind of release. He was very politely told that was not possible. [laughs]”

Really?
“It was the last time I was going back, and I was going to court for my probation violation. He was in deep discussions about it. And he’s been a huge contributor to the administration, and I mean not just in finances, I’m talking about time and other kinds of efforts, so it ain’t like his words were falling on deaf ears. But I understood. I didn’t even expect no help. I didn’t expect nobody to be able to help me. I knew I made my bed and I knew I had to lay in it.”

Spotted on Bossip.com

• Morning Wood: T.I.
  • Tiny Addresses Your Comments and Her Upcoming Book: How To Love a Black Man
  • Tiny & Zonnique Cover Hype Hair
  • In Case You Missed It: T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle, Episodes 11 and 12

31 Responses to “Will Smith asked President Obama to help spring T.I. from prison”

Ty says:

Not surprised :coffee:

MzTisch says:

Auntie,

Can I get an advance copy of Trouble Man? Ion wanna wait until dayum near the end of December! :D

And Cliff looks cute. I like the jacket.

@ MzTisch: I’ll ask Hannah. :)

______________________________
      Sweet Brown Sugar Sponsors :coffee:

Thanx for this Sandra…

Why is TI performing in ranky dank azz Raleigh clubs?

He was here last night…

VDot says:

____________________________________________

:thinking:

Nevermind, Ima :tape:

Hey Boo :waves: <- My panties for TI

Kevin Young says:

I like TI (so does my wife…but anyway) but he needs to learn from white folks. Don’t tell people about your high profile contacts. They keep a lot of secrets here in Hollywood, if you want to be a part you’ve got to play by the rules. He was at a private party at Wil Smith’s house a few years ago and afterwards, a news reporter tried to get him to talk about Tom Cruise being there. TIP kept saying, “no comment”. So why talk now?

SHHHHHHHHH!

MzTisch says:

@ MzTisch: I’ll ask Hannah.
      ^^^^^^^^

Thanks Auntie! :love:

GAGIRL87 says:

I love me some TIP :yes:

S/O’s to me for this promotion/raise I just got and they owe me back pay b/c I got the raise in October :grin:

CHILE

:party:

Diva says:

*wanders if SR is tracking my online activity* I was just on Bed Bath and Beyond looking at Deep Fryers and I click on Sandymae’s page and she has a Bed Bath and Beyond ad with 4 fryers! :scared:

Ty says:

@ MzTisch: I’ll ask Hannah
      _________
      Auntie it should be autographed too Tisch is his biggest fan :thumbsup:

#helpful

@Diva
      It happens like that I was wondering hte same thing but I think someone told me the advertisements sorta follow you

goat76 says:

It’s Da KANG!!!!

Ms. Everything says:

Much as I don’t want to say it (mainly cause he’s a FOB) but if this don’t sound like some dumb nigga **** right here :no: I mean really.. you get locked up again… out of sheer stupidity on your part and you have a more famous friend take that mess to the President?? Really?? And then you put that dumb ish in a magazine and mention how much your friend contributes financially and otherwise??? Dumb s.hit

Ty says:

@ Diva.. have u found any good deals :think:

I don’t see much of anything :sad:

mzwhang90210 says:

:cheer1: GaGirlllllllllllllllllllllll!!

@Sandra..the Obama ADMINISTRATION!!
      Not the POTUS himself

:eek:

bubblicious says:

Will didn’t have anything better to do with his time and influence? What a waste.

MzTisch says:

@TY :rofl:

mzwhang90210 says:

:party: Divurrr!
      Hope you hadda down home Texas-style Turkey day!
      I miss those sooooooo much!!

Ty says:

Choco aka Hippie says:

@Diva
      ______
      There is a section in your internet options that allows sites to track your location using your IP addy. I think its under the security section :think:

#helpful

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Whang and Who Dat :hug:

@ Diva it does that :lol: whenever I’m on Amazon whatever I was looking at comes up on SR page!!!

Diva says:

Ty says:

@ Diva.. have u found any good deals

I don’t see much of anything

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Yes, bought me some boy short panties from Penny’s and the daughter some Rachel Ray pots and pans! Some toys for the grands at toyrus! @Choco, that shait is kinda creepy!! :rofl:

Diva says:

LOL. No, not me. :) The ads on every blog we visit tracks our browsing habits. Please click here for more details.

^^
      Cosign.

GAGIRL87 says:

Ms. Everything says:

Much as I don’t want to say it (mainly cause he’s a FOB) but if this don’t sound like some dumb nigga **** right here I mean really.. you get locked up again… out of sheer stupidity on your part and you have a more famous friend take that mess to the President?? Really?? And then you put that dumb ish in a magazine and mention how much your friend contributes financially and otherwise??? Dumb s.hit
      _______________________________________________________________________

Okay I hate chu for talking bout my man but you are speaking the truff :kona:

Diva says:

Thanks Sandymae! I thought you was a stalking meh :rofl:
      @Whang, I had a great Turkey Day and I hope you and erbody else did too! Ready to go home and eat me some Sweet Potatoe pie! #fatgirlmoment

@Choco, that shait is kinda creepy!!
      :yes: :lol:

bubblicious says:

Also, I knew T.I. had some snitch in him. Knew. It.

DoNotDeleteMe says:

The thing about illiteracy is not that you cannot read…it is that you fail to comprehend. Without comprehension skills, a person will continue to hone poor decision-making skills. I would never, ever have an illiterate person in my circle if I was a high profile member of society. I question Will Smith’s decision-making skills for having a loose-lipped fool like TI in his circle just like I questioned (and did not vote for) President Obama allowing an illiterate pseudo-stripper in his circle (Be-yond-InSane’) who put that ill thought out scribble scrabble “Take That Mitches” on her tumblr. Perhaps its just me. One thing I respect about Oprah, you don’t see her scraping the bottom of the barrel for connections and friendships. She made sure that Gail remained on her level the higher she went. She understands that water finds its own level.

No disrespect to TI but there is no way I would ever befriend an individual with his background along with his past and present decision-making skills (and lack of tact).

Please, remember my handle Sandra after you read this post. It clearly states: DONOTDELETEME! :pray:

mistarie says:

…while he was doing time on weapons charges.
      ~~~~~~~~~~

But there were a LOT of weapons. Like, an ARSENAL of weapons. Like he was preparing for war… #ILoveMyLogin :scared: