Rick Ross gives several reasons why he canceled his entire tour

Rick Ross on 99Jamz

Former Dade County corrections officer-turned-rapper Rick Ross cancelled his Maybach Music Group (MMG) Tour after running afoul of several chapters of the Gangster Disciples street gang.

Two factions in particular, the Tennessee and Colorado Gangster Disciples, released YouTube videos that may or may not contain threats against the portly rapper’s life.

At issue is Ross’ continued unauthorized use of the gang’s name and symbol in his rap songs. In addition to the TN and CO chapters of the Gangster Disciples, the Georgia and North Carolina GDs also want a piece of Ross for allegedly not paying monies they say he owes.

In response to all the drama, Ross cancelled the remainder of his MMG tour on Monday. That same day, Ross addressed the cancelled tour with Felisha Monet on 99Jamz in Miami, where Ross owns property.

“If you screaming, ‘cut a check, we need a check’ — ain’t no checks getting cut. I consider that extortion,” said Ross.

Tickets will be refunded at the points of purchase.

• Rick Ross’ sister confirms he was a CO
  • Rapper Rick Ross is a sophisticated art connoisseur
  • Rick Ross Hauled into Child Support Court Today
  • SR Interrogates: DJ Holiday (Mixtape King Of The South)

• iyonah

Can you blame him tho? He has a brand to protect. I never thought he was that tough or hardcore, he is still Officer Rickkkkkyyy (50 voice)

• luVn_liFe…

:tea:

Rick says He aint bout that BS!

• Betamax82

Studio gangster

• free

1. tupac

2. biggie

• lola

You tube bullies :smack:

• NaijaGal

man shoot officers, police/correctional or otherwise, are the most corrupt people out there…you think drugs find their way into the streets or prison by happenstance?

• sassyshe

Officer Ricky is not about that life

• Oprahs Bunion

Ain’t nothing wrong with being a studio gangsta. It’s all story telling. People need to stop thinking that you have to be in the streets to rap about it.

• Who Dat

I dont think that neither him or his breast meat showed up in Charlotte this past weekend b/c of the threats…

• Exquisite_TSH

Betamax82 says:
      Studio gangster
      =================
      You took the words right off of my fingers .. Ricky falsely advertises his affliation constantly .. this was in his best interest

• http://www.landofpure.net iWhip

rozay said “can i LIVE”? :shrug:

• Oprahs Bunion

NaijaGal says:

you think drugs find their way into the streets or prison by happenstance?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Exactly!

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

THIS FAT FAWK RIGHT HERE SONGS HOT AS HELL, I’M MAD CAUSE HE’S LIKE THE LUTHER VANDROSS OF RAP, ERRRYTHING HE’S ON SOUNDS SEXY-GLAD IT’S JUST AUDIO LOVE & EARGASMS, CAUSE IN REALITY I WOULD TURNED THE FUG OFF :coffee:

• http://www.landofpure.net iWhip

I dont think that neither him or his breast meat :ghost:

• http://www.landofpure.net iWhip

rozay got some nice teets tho :boobs:

• NaijaGal

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

=======================
      damn it man :rofl: :ghost:

• Oprahs Bunion

I love his music…tracks are off the chain and he is talented. Much better than a lot of other rappers on radio rotation.

• lola

Is this over the Larry Hoover, Big Meech reference in his music?

Jeff Fort wasn’t good enough Ricky :rofl:

• NaijaGal

iWhip says:

rozay got some nice teets tho
      ===============
      LIES…he needs a lift :tea: *I must, I must, I must increase my bust*

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

Portly? That boy is waaay beyond that. Anywho, I’m one of those crazy folks who respects this former working class guy. He’s smart. Ain’t no use in him trying to act all hard talkin about “I ain’t scared of no damn body.” If gangbangers are after you stay away from them. It’ll blow over eventually. Too bad he had to miss out on that money though.

• NaijaGal

Tupac was doing leaps in ballet class, was doing the humpty before getting all gangsta on us though

• luVn_liFe…

:wave: FAY . . . you home again today?
      SMONEA :hug:
      INTENSE
      O’sBunions
      Exquisite_TSH
      DUBB
      Beta
      lola

• Betamax82

Hey Luvn :hi:

Again studio gangster :tea:

• Oprahs Bunion

Good Mornin luVn_liFe!!!

• Trendsetter

Personally I’m a fan of Officer Ricky…and I would’ve cancelled the tour as well…

• FuturedocDonte

I’M MAD CAUSE HE’S LIKE THE LUTHER VANDROSS OF RAP

Intense :nono: :rofl:

• http://www.landofpure.net iWhip

:offtopic: has anyone used a Clarisonic? thinking about getting one for my bday :waiting:

• lola

Hellur @ luvn :happy:

:waves: Roses

• http://www.landofpure.net iWhip

:rofl: Naija he damn shole do! i passed around the collection plate on Luvvie’s FB page & chit :tea:

Intense u’s a NUT guhl! :lol:

• NaijaGal

@BUNION – *from downstairs* girl I regret that Kappa Beach ish…so lame…1 and done for me

• FuturedocDonte

I get tired of hearing the same folk on the radio all day. I mean on everybody’s track. Ricky at the top of my list along with
      2.) lil Wayne
      3.) nicki Minaj
      4.). Anything young money :coffee:
      5.). Chris damn Brown

Tired of them all

• http://www.landofpure.net iWhip

Luvn! :no: hell nawl. i’m up here in this damn hell hole & chit :tea:

• http://www.twitter.com/missbl0ndee SunnyK

Oprahs Bunion says:

————————————

I dont agree! why make up a life that these little ignorant Boys are looking up tooo if your not even about it! thats called being fake and its highly unnecessary

• WorkInProgress

Nothing wrong with him value lyfe over money. He know he aint about that street lyfe.

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

:waves: HEY ROSES

• NaijaGal

SunnyK says:

=======================
      cause music is a business, not personal…they go for what sells

• VDot

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

______________________________________________

But I kind of agree. I hate that I like him :ashamed:

• Diva

:coffee: I don’t like this ninja nor his music!!! He looks like he smells like sweaty balls!

• http://gravatar.com/caramelcutie Caramel Cutie

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSCLM8nLFU Mother Jefferson

:yawn: :coffee:

• NaijaGal

Never Gonna Let You Go-Faith Evans :love: the video had Boris Kodjo

• http://www.landofpure.net iWhip

:cosign: Diva! erry since i saw that vid of a video model confessing that he had ppl chanting 6 6 6 before shooting a vid totally turnt me OFF! :tea:

• http://www.twitter.com/missbl0ndee SunnyK

NaijaGal says:

SunnyK says:

=======================
      cause music is a business, not personal…they go for what sells

————————————–

Music is Personal! Probably not to him but to many of his fans it is! and it damn sure got Personal when he was bout to get Murked so where do you draw the line?!

• Who Dat

I’M MAD CAUSE HE’S LIKE THE LUTHER VANDROSS OF RAP

:dead:

• ninjarider_sb

Good morning everybody :waves:

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

Hubby and I were talking about this last night and he thinks Officer Ricky is a fraud, but will swear on his life that Lil Wayne is a real blood. I’m like that boy ain’t never gang banged in his life. How is he any differant from Officer Ricky? Is he more gangsta because he ain’t never had a real job? Ain’t like lil man was running the streets. He been making rap money since he was 9. All that said, I prefer these fake studio gangstas over the real ones like Cheif Keef anyday.

• PumpkinsMama

If Jabba the Hut wants to live to see another plate of wings, I aint mad at him

• Nakeya_j

WorkInProgress says:

:cosign: You can’t make money if your dead. He will live to see another tour. smh.

• Who Dat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Like I said long ago he smells like bacon when he sweats and his jizz looks like grits.

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

FuturedocDonte

NOW YOU KNOW WHEN THAT NEGROE GROWL ON THEM SONGS OR WHEN HE SAYS SHE’S MY EVERY TAMARA-THAT ISH IS SEXY AS HELL :rofl:

• NaijaGal

@SUNNKY K – the masses make music personal…we are the ones attaching personal stories and feelings to them…the artists are just giving us what we want…Jill Scott talks about being this great woman, knowing your worth…she is the 4th baby momma to the father of her son…Erykah Badu has thought provoking music…she has 3 kids by 3 different men…Alicia Keys was singing karma, she got with a married man…we want them to live by their music…they’re just doing their jobs

• luVn_liFe…

Free
      Ex
      Caramel
      Mother J

Hope I got errbody :hi:

• free

Caramel Cutie says: Them GD’s aint none to play with.. They serious about they ish… Feel bad for Rozay.. Dont know how this is gonna end for em.. sad..

************************

1. tupac

2. biggie

• Oprahs Bunion

SunnyK says:

Oprahs Bunion says:

————————————

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      It’s not about being fake. It’s expressing yourself through artistic works and this comes in many forms – HIS happens to be rap music. Furthermore, parents should be the ones letting their kids know right from wrong. IMO

• Oprahs Bunion

Hey Smonae80!!!!

• Exquisite_TSH

:waves: Hey Luvn

The sad part is that this affects all of MMG’s livlihood .. poor Wale, I like his music and screaming ole Meek Mill

• Smonae80

Rick needs be careful he ain’t about that life :no:

• NaijaGal

SMONAE :waves:

• MissHarlem

Officially :dead: and I just got here smh

• lola

@ Bird :cosign:

Say that again chief keef needs a bath and haircut

#crack babies

• Oprahs Bunion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Wayne CERTAINLY ain’t no blood. I was surprised when he started reppin that. They were not reppin that in the NO. They rep wards there.

• blackblondee

says:

________________________________________________________
      YIKES!! I work really closely with someone that’s got sweaty balls…
      thought I was just OVER-smelling things..

RICK ROSS–I’ve got nothing… Except he’s rather soft for running scared… Very un-gangsterly-like. :ashamed: Smh

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

I WOULD RATHER BE SCARED AND ALIVE THAN GANGSTA AND DEAD!! :rofl:

• Fated4Greatness

I like Rozays music. I think it was a smart move to cancel the tour but it kinda contradicts this image he tries to portray/uphold. I would respect him more if his music was more Drake like. Drake lets it be known his is not a thug nor interested in becoming one lol.

I dont agree with the GD sending viral threats…I think they need to get some BI other than e-thuggin but if you gonna rap like you about that life you gotta be prepared for dumb sh!t like this.

I mean, so is he just never gonna tour again? Cause that BMF song kinda old and they still trippin of it.

• missmiami

:ashamed: i think he is kind of sexy :kona:

• Apparition

___________________________________________________
      But if you contact/extort my people privately cash will be delivered as not to leave a paper trail of my tuck tailery. <— Rozay

A lot of entertainers pay "union dues" in certain cities. :yes:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIBVMdplt94&feature=related <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers

Intense is in rare form today yall! :hahaha:

Naija, you too! :rofl:

:welcome: PumkinsMama & all the other Newbies! :hi:

• renegadesince1985

I watched the video of the GD’s from Alabama…shyt was hil-larry-us!!!! :hahaha:

These fake gangstas gonna learn though….

• renegadesince1985

I watched the video of the GD’s from Alabama…shyt was hil-larry-us!!!! :hahaha:

These fake gangstas gonna learn though….

• jealousCNenvy

Where the Chicago and Las Vegas footage Autie??

• LolliepopLyfe

NaijaGal says:

December 11, 2012 at 10:42 am

_________

This is about business. He is a former correctional officer pretending to be a drug- dealing gangster and using their names like he knows them. People on the other side of the law have killed over much less than that. Being a studio gangster is one thing but keep people’s names out of your mouth if you don’t have anything to back it up.

• http://jennimalone.com Jennifer

This whole situation is sad. I saw the video; black young men, standing behind one man, chanting, and making threats. Rick Ross is doing nothing different than what Ice-T did: He sings about a life that he never lived, yet, it sold records.

• thatgurljenny96

they have beef with meek too…just glad I got my $100 worth of performances at their concert in Miami last week

• cocoa49

What’s the matter fat boy you scared? Call a cop….oops you were part of the legal system lmao You can’t deal with that hard life you fabricated about? Tough guy…….