49ers cornerback Chris Culliver doesn’t see it for gay NFL players

Chris Culliver

Scroll down for updates…

If you didn’t know who Chris Culliver was before today, you will be very familiar with him by tomorrow. That is because the gays are coming for his neck after what the San Francisco 49ers cornerback had to say about gays in the NFL.

In a radio interview with shock jock Artie Lange, Culliver was asked if he’s ever been approached by a gay guy.

“I don’t do the gay guys man. I don’t do that,” he responded.

Next he was asked if there were any gay players on the 49ers team. Here is what Culliver said:

No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do. Can’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah.. can’t be in the locker room man. Nah.

Culliver added that any down low gay player on the team should wait at least ten years before coming out of the closet.

Update: The fallout has begun. The San Francisco 49ers front office released the following statement today.

“The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made [Tuesday], and have addressed the matter with Chris. There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.”

And Yahoo Sports points out that there has never been an openly gay NFL player “in the NFL’s long history.”

Listen to the audio of Culliver’s comments below.

• Wale Pulls Out of DC Gay Pride Concert to Protect His Image?
  • The 1st lesbians to marry in NY last year are the first to divorce
  • Mary J. Blige fires homophobic staff
  • A boy named Beyoncé: he died dressed as a woman, but was buried a man

104 Responses to “49ers cornerback Chris Culliver doesn’t see it for gay NFL players”

libra80sbaby says:

:facepalm:

Daisy says:

He favors Mystikal

“Good Grief”
      If ther is a Gay player . . .ther gonna protest? Beat him up? make him quit?

Oprahs Bunion says:

I was gonna say that Daisy! He could get it! :hump:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

He’s cute. Moving on. He obviously has a hard time expressing himself in an intelligent manner or threading together a cohesive thought. Perhaps this is due to his lack of reading and reading comprehension skills. Most bigots are ignorant and plain out idiots. But I need the gays to stop going after this type of ignorance in full-fledged windmill fighting mode!

Oprahs Bunion says:

He is so ignant though…. :no: screw me and don’t say anything sir.

Daisy says:

@Oprah :lol: He def has appeal and nice lips

KenyaBeyonceKim aka spiceykay says:

I am willing to bet that at least 1 or 2 guys dudes are one every NFL team.

MZN says:

damn… dude just turned me on even more lol :hump:

Lovely One says:

You guys do know that athletes take group showers though. Maybe he doesn’t want to take group showers with a male that may be peaking at his package. While I did not listen to the recording, I think that the “homophobic” brush is a little bit too broad. :shrugs:

Personally, I think that with all the money that the NFL makes, they should have separate stalls but that is neither here nor there.

100% usa made! says:

Lawd have mercy on this child. Father forgive them for they not know what they do. Amen!

gbellab says:

Well what straight macho tough football player wants to be lusted over by a gay man, while umm naked and such? It’s understandable. Does the NFL practice “Don’t ask, Don’t tell”?

MZN says:

damn… dude just turned me on even more lol

He does have sexy lips. And that’s coming from a lesbian. :D

amatrex says:

This is exactly why Manti Teo, the Notre Dame linebacker, and his boyfriend made up a fake, online girlfriend; they tried to hide the fact that Teo is gay. When you hear these kinds of statements from players like Culliver then you better understand why Teo went to all the trouble.

There has never been an OPENLY gay male athlete (while active) on any of the major American sports teams. And they’re are still many folks who wanna keep it that way even in 2013.

Lovely One says:

KenyaBeyonceKim aka spiceykay says:

I am willing to bet that at least 1 or 2 guys dudes are one every NFL team.
      ———————————————–
      That’s not a bad estimate. :coffee:

100% usa made! says:

KenyaBeyonceKim aka spiceykay says:

I am willing to bet that at least 1 or 2 guys dudes are one every NFL team.

:cosign:

ShoYaRight says:

Sad ignorant fool.

vipatlstyle says:

I would not be surprised if he liked dudes himself. Most people who speak bad about gays have inscure thoughts themselves about the same sex. WAKE UP

pointhimout says:

the male rule book says men have to respond this way. he’s following protocol. As you get older and mature mentally, you become more tolerable of all sorts of people, trust me. Your beliefs are still yours and you just accept that a person will live the way they choose to live.

How does he know whos str8 or not on the team? And that’s why I say he’s just following mancode protocol. He has to respond this way.

So frank ocean windmilled the schit outta chris brown? Well, thats what the streets are saying. Now they’re asking how will live down getting beat up by a gay guy? Uh, ocean’s still a man idiots. Contrary to what you think you know, there are many a gay guys who will step off in yo ass if provoked, no windmilling.

ajonesy says:

I kinda agree with @Lovely One … it’s the same reason why the govt. doesn’t want woman on the front line. its a sexual distraction.

just answer this. how comfortable would u feel if you knew that while u were at the gym, after a hard workout … you take a shower and someone is secretly leering at you in the shower?

those dudes walk around with their dycks out and don’t want gay men dreaming about their sticks. i can’t blame him.

but i can blame the nfl. let the gays in if they can play. get better accommodations that protect EVERYONE. there’s no reason for grown men to be showering together anyway!

NONE what so ever.

period.

pointhimout says:

Oh and speaking of easy on the eyes, where is therapist1911?

sassyshe says:

I wont say he’s ignorant. He’s expressing the sentiments of most football players. Contact sports has not accepted gay men and everyone knows you don’t come out until your career is over. Being gay in the nfl is dangerous because your life is on the line; in football you depend on your team mates to protect you on the field and you dont want your team leaving you open with charging linebackers after you. The gays needs to be realistic, its been centuries since slavery and racism still existed, therefore regardless of civil liberties not everyone is gonna be pro gay (yes I did compare the gay agenda to slavery because in their delusional mind they think its the same)

Daisy says:

@point umm what streets have Frank beating up Chris? Frank didn’t even say such so I need to see receipts :coffee:

Women can not agree with the gay lifestyle but if a man speaks out against gays then he is or may be gay or on the DL….Always found that interesting.

Daisy says:

:dead: at Point asking where therapist is lol

pointhimout says:

Jonesy, if guys are cruising and gawking in the locker room, it’s with guys who’s looking for that type action. Guys dont just sit back in the cut and admire schlungs while licking their lips.

Before I started experimenting, I always wondered why certain guys made an event of the locker room by lounging around or parading around with their rods slanging side to side. It was a few years before I realized those were the guys who wanted the attn and welcome the cruising. One guy, real talk, paraded back and forth across the locker room. Ok, yeah he had a nice, fat pipe and he knew it. I noticed, but didn’t gawk.

Disclaimer: i’m not a size queen.

Avanti says:

Ignorant. Even if he truly feels that way, common sense (that he lacks) would tell him to keep his mouth shut or give the political response. He is so replaceable and he could easily offend many across the league and therefore block future opportunities for himself. #LoudAndWrong

haleymichelle says:

this kinda ish cracks me the eff up! like there arent a TON of gay guys playing right now. he just doesnt know! and im sorry, since when did people become ravenous sex addicts that ogle you all the damn time? i mean, just because youre naked around a bunch of dudes does not mean you want any of them. people need to get over that “im not showering with a gay guy”. i didnt realize gays couldnt control their urges…smh

KenyaBeyonceKim aka spiceykay says:

Group showers for dudes is what would prompt many players to say this type of thing but I know that for women it is different all of my friends gay or straight have all seen me naked. I personally understand that all gay people are not looking at everybody of the same sex.

pointhimout says:

:lol: daisy, forget I ask. ur response tells it. You know my work hours have been crazy, so I couldn’t tell who was coming or going for the most part.

ajonesy says:

@pointhimout … lol. i feel you. but i know plenty of them! i had many gay male friends in collage. and maybe it was an age thing … but trust me they lusted after the ones that we CERTIFIED straight.

i can’t even say its an age thing. i know adults gays that lust after straight men too especially the big strong, thug type *shrugs* lol

either way. with all the money the nfl makes … there has to be a way to meet in the middle without causing a fuss … on either side.

if the gays can play. let them play.

Daisy says:

@Point oh ok, is that your story :lol:

pointhimout says:

Very true Kenya. That was my point also about being in the locker room at the gym. You may notice someone and their nicely sculpted butt or chiseled pecs, but you’d never drool, gawk, and stalk. There are plenty of guys I’ve seen who are attractive, but I’m not attracted to.

I’m not sure why str8ties think every gay guy would want them.

pointhimout says:

Daisy, dont start.

Jonesy, I think I’m a bit rigid cuz the older I get, the min age goes up for me. Like, I’d never mess with a 19 y/o guy, but I know of so many guys who feel they’re legal so it’s all good. I get brick for accomplished distinguished guys. They head rap, baseball cap sagging jeans causes me to judge you in a bad way. I get dressed down, but still do it with class.

One of my mentors is distinguished like this and can get it whenever he wants. He’s a performer and plays up the “ladies love me” facade. I know that he knows that I know the deal. I always have. His got aint even sexy and he…..

u know what? whatever. moving along.

ajonesy says:

I’m not sure why str8ties think every gay guy would want them.

—————-

they don’t. but lets not pretend there aren’t some gays who DO go after straights. it happens. i’ve seen it. i’m straight and its happened to me. even AFTER i CLEARLY stated i didnt roll that way.

i can’t fault someone for trying tho lol

pointhimout says:

his GUY ….

ajonesy says:

I get brick for accomplished distinguished guys.

——-

don’t we all? lol hahaha

ALBoy says:

Thinking of Tao i was catfished in the nineties :coffee:

pointhimout says:

@jonesy

Oh of course it happens. I’d be lying if I were to say it never happens. I always say, within reason, you should flattered a same sex person flirts with you or strongly compliments you. Once you feel violated or uncomfortable, that’s different and changes everything. But respectable approaches never hurt.

pointhimout says:

#37 u were catfished? were you disappointed afterwards? and how, cuz in the 90’s you had to meet folk face to face first. there was no buffer like online dating, social media, etc. Catfish as in it really wasn’t a man? It was some FISH with her breast taped down in her fleece shirt and khaki dockers?

Afiya says:

Why should he be beaten up cause he ain’t feelin’ gay men in the NFL, of course there are a few in the closet but damn folks getting outta hand with this ‘think like me cause I’m gay’ GTFOHWTBS!!! Everybody ain’t pro-gay…deal with it.

ALBoy says:

Point you silly
      catfishing in the nineties her and her friend paged me by mistake i started talking to them both one a little more serious than the other. I started noticing things heavy breathing never wanting to go out our meet always talking about being tired our hungry. We finally after a month set up to meet at her house i told her exactly what i looked like and she hit me with “im thick” i get there and shhe look like that big black chick off duece bigalo meat hanging off her forehead sweat everywhere biggest back this side of wendy williams :no:

Miss Mainey says:

ALBoy
      biggest back this side of wendy williams
      ___________________________________________________________
      :rofl: on topic: that’s how he feels then fine. ion care.

Unshakable says:

Good dusk everyone,

@topic: If you don’t agree with gays in the NFL, you are more than entitled to your opinion. However, they were there before you and will be there after you are long gone. As for “sweet stuff?” What sweet stuff? Why can’t they just be people? Besides, if you’re comfortable with yoursexuality, a gay male shouldn’t offend you. #JMO :yes:

Tyler Perry's BRENDEN: Based On The Novel "Push" By Sapphire says:

Whelp. Hell be releasing an apology and probably facing a fine. Whatevs…He let Howard Sterns former bottom bish set him up,,,These big ol colored boys seem to be intimidated and yessum sirish around White folk. They stay saying stupid ish. D.Dockett is another one,,,but again I say whatevs…Where is YallCray? Aint seen her in a min…She aint get banned did she :think:

Ni ni says:

:dead: @ AlBoy

Tyler Perry's BRENDEN: Based On The Novel "Push" By Sapphire says:

True @Unshak :yes: Maybe homey dnt want them in the locker room cuzz they’d be the first to notice his foreskin retracts and penis expands when he’s rounst other menzes in the shower :yes: His straight team mates dnt look down,,,Toine might…and then…Cover=Blown :biggrin:

Unshakable says:

In true Animaniacs fashion – Good idea, bad idea

Good idea: Guys who keep their minds open and mouths closed.

Bad idea: Guys who keep their minds closed and their mouths open.

Auntie Sandy – Did you see where Rihanna has “officially” gotten back with Breezy? She allegedly says things are different now; he wouldn’t do that. Rihanna talks about the relationship in the newest edition of olling Ray one Stay (Pig Latin). I dunno if you ban people for dropping magazine titles, but I don’t want to learn that fat meat is greasy the hard way! :hahaha:

I agree with you Afiya. The gays won’t rest until everyone is gay.

@ Unshakable: Rihanna is a non-entity on this blog.

Tyler Perry's BRENDEN: Based On The Novel "Push" By Sapphire says:

Not true Sandra. Us gays only want the fine ones to be gay :yes: Yall can keep the Rick Ross’s and the Gucci Maine’s :coffee:

likeCaesar says:

Some people on here are really ignorant. Growing up playing sports I can tell you that the locker room is probably the gayest place on earth. Dudes stay horseplaying in the locker room. Pulling towels down and pantsing each other. Dog piles. Measuring contests. And all that is the PG version.

If you think a gay guy is staring at you…its probably because you’re staring at him. Stop being so self concious and get over yourself.

Trust me…these so called “dl” sports players have been gay for many years and know how to behave in the locker room. Hell in most cases you should look around…determine who seems the straightest…and ding ding ding…u scored…he’s the gay one!!!

ALBoy says:

Who is unshakable?

:rofl: I swear I simply love Brenden :hahaha:

Hi Daisy. Hi Point

Smdh just been busy working hard and running a school

Unshakable says:

@Sandra Rose – Okay….thanks for the heads up!

@AL Boy – Depends on who wants to know. I try to be incognito like Nino Brown! :rofl:

Unshakable says:

@Brendren – Your posts bring a smile to my face! I lubs you, do you hear me! Rick Rossay almost got clipped and you done throwed him under the bus!! :hahaha:

Has anyone seen my Kingstonn? Has her font met up with Jimmy Hoffa? :think:

I agree with Point: Therapy 911 is aesthetically pleasing! :yes:

Atypical says:

10% of the population is gay..If he believes only straight men are in the NFL I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell him…

Pickachu Tran says:

Ole boy is a bit ignant but he could get the bizness :hump:

LET it REST GAY MAFIA CREW… Put down the Glitter & Bedazzlers and back AWAY FROM THE STRAIGHT PEOPLE!!!!.. Everybody IS not going to accept YOUR LIFESTYLE..PERIOD take it as it is and move on. Im tired of the MEDIA trying to throw it in our faces. This Gay thing has become a damn circus..

The Gay Mafia CREW wont quit until they have every man in the FREE WORLD rockin red lipstick and SEQUINED ugg boots alla MISS LAWRENCE

tintin1979 says:

I gotta admit to you all, I’m a down-low homophobic woman. I won’t bash the gays, but I rather they stay in their corner.

tintin1979 says:

NFL got some good looking brown sugar men. He’s cute

SEQUINED ugg boots alla MISS LAWRENCE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      You forgot lean-t over Lean On Me Louboutin’s ala Derek J.

Like MamaDub said about his shoes “them summabishes are stressed out.”
      Me: Yes ma…his shoes shole is stretched out…
      Her: I said STRESSED. You see how his foot look in that shoe? THAT IS STRESS

:dead:

:rofl: @ Mama Dubbs :hug:

Morning Everyone! :wave:

Miany says:

Good Morning :waves:
      Unshakable says:
      In true Animaniacs fashion – Good idea, bad idea
      Good idea: Guys who keep their minds open and mouths closed.
      Bad idea: Guys who keep their minds closed and their mouths open.
      ^^^ cute…He barking kinda loud though so he might just be DL. I agree with whomever up top who said the gays are at times too sensitive but, wrong is wrong. Think of it this way…..if I dislike yt’s can I walk up in the office bashing them without expecting backlash?

Miany says:

oh btw…some other site got a pic of him up and if it don’t look like he is posing for the kidzzzz

sassyshe says:

How did I miss this comment? Excellent points! :clap:

Miany says:

The Gays ARE too damn sensitive. And Culliver was not walking around “bashing” the gays. He was asked a question, so he gave his opinion — which he is still entitled to under the Constitution.

Pickachu Tran says:

You forgot lean-t over Lean On Me Louboutin’s ala Derek J.

Like MamaDub said about his shoes “them summabishes are stressed out.”
      Me: Yes ma…his shoes shole is stretched out…
      Her: I said STRESSED. You see how his foot look in that shoe? THAT IS STRESS

:hahaha: MamaDub is a fool ya hear me :rofl:

Milky says:

Happy Friday Eve! :wave:
      Sandra
      whodat
      pickachu
      miany
      sassy
      msdimpz
      tintin
      and all the other Roses, thorns, weeds, and haterz!!

amatrex says:

Not every gay man is a flaming, feminine-like sissy. So being gay has absolutely nothing to do with how well you can play a rough, manly, sport like football.

I think many players are more concerned about being in close proximity to gay dudes in their lockerooms. Like some of the previous posters stated earlier, there’s absolutely no reason for players to take group showers…..none whatsoever.

Bootcampgirl says:

Good Morning Folks :waves:
      On topic: ‘Ol boy is nice looking
      :pray: for the people in the Midwest…

Miany says:

@Sandra Rose…Yes, we are entitled to our own opinions but, once we take advantage of the right to share our own opinions others tend to voice their reactions to said opinions (he should’ve known the backlash would follow)….He kinda didn’t have the right to voice his opinion being that his organization doesn’t officailly share this opinion. I am very opinionated but, as an adult I have learned to keep my mouth shut, especially when my money is involved.

Trendsetter says:

Good Morning Roses

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey Trend :danban1:

NaijaGal says:

if you’re comfortable with yoursexuality, a gay male shouldn’t offend you
      ======================
      :cosign:

*Morning Folks :hi: *
      SANDRA
      MIANY
      MZDIMP
      WHO DAT
      TINTIN
      PICKACHU
      ATYPICAL
      :waves:

Bootcampgirl says:

Oh, so I guess only certain folks can get in the roll call :coffee:

Trendsetter says:

Hey boot, Naija :hug:

Milky says:

Good Murntin
      trend :hug:
      boot
      naija
      razzle dazzle

Miany says:

Milky, MzDimp, Trend, Bootcamp, Bedazzled, Naija, Amatrex, Pika!! :waves:

:off topic: Anyone here watch MadMen?

Bootcampgirl says:

vipatlstyle <—- :thinking: why isn't he always around??

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey Milky/Miany :yahoo:

Trendsetter says:

Milky my luv :hug: how are you?

Miany :hug:

Trendsetter says:

So did anybody watch Big Rich Atlanta????

Bootcampgirl says:

Free shipping @BBW today

NaijaGal says:

TREND, MILKY, BOOT :hug: morning beautiful ladies

Tink Tink says:

Good Morning Folks :hi:

So I had this Coconut Cream Cheese Croissant from this french bakery this morning…. IT WAS F*CKING AWESOME!

:popcorn:

NaijaGal says:

So did anybody watch Big Rich Atlanta????
      ========================
      I’ve somewhat seen the 1st episode and I.Just.Can’t…Q should be shamed he allowed his wife and daughter to do that mess with their token negro statuses

NaijaGal says:

po lil TINK TINK…I couldn’t resist :lol:

:hi:

When RHOA had all 3 of the gays on there…my momma missed not NARY an episode. To this DAY she thinks Dwight Eubanks is the smoothest queen EVER. :yahoo:

Bootcampgirl says:

Thanks @Naija :hi: now I feel speshul…
      Have never watched BRA but, did anybody catch Dangerous Persuasions last night, I swear to goodness that I thought that was Caramel in the starring role…#dontbemad

Trendsetter says:

NaijaGal says:

So did anybody watch Big Rich Atlanta????
      ========================

_______________________________

It’s pretty good. You know I like drama and that show is all about drama

Trendsetter says:

Bootcampgirl says:

Thanks @Naija now I feel speshul…

:dead:

Milky says:

So did anybody watch Big Rich Atlanta????
      ___________________________
      i did and those girls are so Ratchet!! im good hunty how r u today maam?

Milky says:

:wave:
      tinktink

i need a drank early this morning. God please be a filter from my brain to mouth today!!!!

Miany says:

@Milky :waves: <~~~ realy me with your filter in my hand.

Morning to all the Roses I missed earlier and new arrivals. :hug:

Sorry yall, speed posting. Still trying to organize this damned phone. :wail:

pointhimout says:

big rich atlanta and starter wives are two shows I can’t get into. I think my tolerance for ratched shows has reached its boiling point, so at the present time, we are not accepting resumes, ur vitae, or anything else.

I knew I wouldn’t tune in when I saw the half hour sneak peak and Sharlinda make the comment “we have money.” nope, I’m good. That’s also an indication they don’t have money. But then again what she and I consider having money could be completely different. She seems so ghetto while Q seems so chill and welcoming.

pointhimout says:

hello Therapist1911 :)

Leslie says:

The Gay mafia is at it again. They are very strong in power. If you say anything crazy about them, they will attack.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

I’VE SEEN A FEW VIDEOS OF DUDES IN BOOTY SHORTS AND THEIR DRAWERS TWIRKING ON FB, ONE WAS ACTUALLY A FATHER AND SON DUO ON A BEACH IN FRONT OF SOME TRUCKS, I COULD OF SWORN I SAW BROWN DOO DOO STAINS FROM ALL THE PERSPIRATION AND GYRATING :coffee:

Lady_L says: