Manti Teo Ronaiah Tuiasosopo Katie Couric

Deadspin.com just posted audio of voice mails left by alleged hoaxer Ronaiah Tuiasosopo on the cell phone of Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o.

In the audio, Tuiasosopo (picture inset) is pretending to be Manti Te’o's girlfriend, Lennay Kekua — 2 days before she supposedly “died” of leukemia.

If you haven’t been following this bizarre story, click here.

The NY Daily News reported this morning that Tuiasosopo’s attorney admitted his client “disguised his voice” as a woman in order to fool Te’o for 3 years.

If there was a hoax, skeptics believe Manti Te’o went along with the hoax to milk sympathy from the media and from Heisman trophy voters (he came in second in the voting).

Remember, Te’o originally told ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap that Ronaiah had two accomplices, a man and a woman. Apparently, he has backed off of that lie.

After listening to the audio, I am more convinced than ever that Manti Te’o was in on this hoax with Tuiasosopo from the beginning. In no way is that a man’s voice on that audio.

CLICK HERE to listen to an actual audio of Tusiasosopo’s voice.

The story gets even crazier: earlier today, ESPN claimed to have Manti Te’o's phone records showing the timeline of 1000 phone calls between him and his ‘dead’ online girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, whom Te’o claims he spent “8 hours” talking to on the phone every night for 4 weeks until she died of leukemia.

Then ESPN admitted they didn’t have the actual phone records. What they had was a “spreadsheet” of phone calls, probably typed up by someone in Te’o's camp. The 1,000 calls are to a 611 area code in Southern California. Yes, Tuiasosopo lives in Southern California.

But we’re not supposed to believe that Te’o and Tuiasosopo were having phone sex all that time.

• Notre Dame star faked online girlfriend who ‘died’ of leukemia
  • Manti Te’o’s Hoax Sparks New Fad: Te’oing
  • Manti Te’o Tells Katie Couric He ‘Briefly Lied’ About Fake Girlfriend
  • Kim Kardashian: ‘Yes, my sex tape introduced me to the world’

135 Responses to “Audio: Katie Couric releases voicemail of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo pretending to be Manti Te’o's girlfriend”

Betamax82 says:

:mad:

Trendsetter says:

smh

Breezy says:

:facepalm: enough of this ish already!!

:smack:

FuturedocDonte says:

Auntie is 2 for 3 on the shait I ain’t want to hear nothing else about list downstairs :coffee:

Katie’s shoes kinda nice :tea:

Just Looking says:

Hogwash. :pigsfly: Scripted Interview….Teo the Fake and Katie go the same agent.

I need for my men to listen to the audio and tell me if that’s a man disguising his voice. :coffee:

No shade at all @Sandra but I’m curious to know why people care so much about this story??? #honestquestion

MoniquetheGeek says:

I haven’t been following this hoax story, but who is Tuiasosopo to Te’o and why does he have an attorney?

NaijaGal says:

still not understanding why this has made such headlines…I guess…get your shine however and whenever you can? :yawn:

*steals Jenny’s dog agane*

That’s all I’ve got :lol:

MsOnederful says:

Donna del Gatto says:

Me 2. Sandra who is this guy?

That does not sound like a man :stop:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

I need hummus dip.

Katie Couric said it sounded like a woman :lol:

Ok, I’m not posting about it no more :rofl:

AND it was his male cousin! :shocked:

Ok, I’m not posting anymore about this :rofl:

Miany says:

FuturedocDonte says:
      ^^^ Give auntie a few minutes…she’s probably working on a juicy update to beyonce lipsynchgate.

Breezy says:

:offtopic: Ladies, do any of you know if it would be cheaper to purchase a package deal, hotel and flight to Vegas or purchase separately? I’m trying to go at the end of March 28th-31st..

Pickachu Tran says:

No MORE PLEASE :crying:

MissHarlem says:

I truly dont think functional brains care about this. I didnt even care the sec I heard about it and days later I still dont care :coffee: and we wonder why America is not where it should be bc instead of focusing on important issues we talking about a lame who faked a girlfriend. Most likely aint never smell puss far less than get close up to one but yet is ass is interviewwd with Katie

mzwhang90210 says:

:yawn: Enuff of this story all-ret…& JenEEE…doesn’t sound like a man to me eitha.

@RIF..I like makin my own hummus. Most places I’ve tried use too much tahini for my palate.

This story gets more and more over the top everyday.

That fool is lying :nono: Unless this is a guy taking hormones medicines to make his voice sound like. That is not a man :stop: nope , try again!

Miany says:

Breezy says:
      ^^^UNLESS you can find a dirt cheap flight, the package is usually cheaper. Try hotwire. But, don’t let them conceal the hotel name.

iAmChan says:

I don’t believe this at all….the timing of all of this was just too perfect. His grandmother and girlfriend die in the same week, the eve of a big game? Garners all types of national media attention…THEN has a good game and the hype train has been on every since. Negro Pleeze.

THIS was the story yesterday:

Cookie Monster called me last month. He had a gastric bypass. Then there was a news bulletin on Sesame Street given by Kermit The Frog that said Cookie had died on Jan. 8th…wait Jan 9th…no no no Jan 8th. I was so TORE up at work that day. I sent some Purple tulips to his fune on Sesame Street; he told me not to miss work to even BOTHER coming…those tulips musta really made it to his funeral b/c they were NOT returned.

Then he called me last night and said he did NOT die from a bad gastric bypass. He just farted real hard and thought he did. Wished he had. But no..he is still a real, live, and living entity.

FuturedocDonte says:

——-
      That’s a chick. Theirs a pitch to the voice that a dude (who ain’t taking hormones) can’t naturally obtain. Now… They said that boy works in all kind of audio visual, videography stuff. He could have that auto tune

NaijaGal says:

so this chit about North Korea :eek: why they keep playing though

I honestly don’t know any of the details of this story. :no:

@Harlem

I keep saying this story has been blown up to distract us from something else more important going on…this person is not important enough to care about this shyt like this… :no: :shrugs:

Breezy says:

Thanks @Mainy.. I was thinking the package deal would be the cheaper way to go..

Ty says:

:offtopic: Auntie can you go to twitter and get the scoop from blogger @bryanboy

He is calling Kanye out for sleeping with some designer named Riccardo Tisci and saying Kim is only a beard :popcorn:

Thanks in advance hun :thumbsup:

#nosey

Put a dot com after the names :eek:

Ty says:

:cosign: Fe

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Whang:

I buy the roasted red pepper and tomato hummus from wherever. I don’t have time to make it. I just sent my co-worker to get me some. I have literally been in mtgs all morning and trying to keep up with the 700+ comments on this blog today from my tablet which is impossible when I am use to the desktop with two screens.

this blog life is real. :crying:

NaijaGal says:

so this chit about North Korea :eek: why they keep playing though

:tea:

goat76 says:

——————-
      I couldn’t tell. Sounds like a female to me.

THIS is the story TODAY:

I was so TORE up at work that day. I sent some Purple tulips to his fune on Sesame Street; he told me not to miss work to even BOTHER coming…those tulips musta really made it to his funeral b/c they were NOT returned.. Then he called me last night and said he did NOT die from a bad gastric bypass. He just farted real hard and thought he did.

ADDENDUM: COMES TO FIND OUT IT WAS BIG BIRD CALLING ME FOR THREE YEARS SAYING HE WAS COOKIE MONSTER So there was no Cookie Monster. That Big Bird is fulla SHYT.

NaijaGal says:

@BREEZY – the package is cheaper

Tyler Perry's BRENDEN: Based On The Novel "Push" By Sapphire says:

Whelp Sandra…I guess its time for me to come clean. For the past year or so Ive been catfishing as your ne’er-do-well half Brother Tyrone D’shae Beyince’ Rose…It was all innocent at first…Several Locals from Decatur began sending me nude flicks,,,Yanno,,,Thinking they could get in good with you…I claimed to have an inside connection to grand hustle…I was even auctioning off a pair of panties on ebay reportedly worn, and autographed by a famous singer from Atl who happens to be close friends with you. I just wanted some coochie :shrugs: But things got out of hand,,,My apologies…And my apologies to the eventual winning bidder Yallcray. It broke my heart when you said…And I quote…’I can just smell the Traces of Her Lip Stick’ :ashamed: You were smelling something, but it wasnt what you thought…In fact,,,You my wanna get a TB shot just to be safe.

mzwhang90210 says:

===DRAGGED FROM DOWNSTAIRS====

OutsidetheBox says: The older I get the more I think we are suppossed to learn our own lessons. Life is for learning. I thiink its why were here.
      Like you have to go through something to know something but that advice that you shouldve listened to…you did. Just not right away. Or something.
      I agree. May I also add that I think God/the Universe will keep putting the SAME situations (lessons) in front of you…until you learn how to EFFECTIVELY deal. If you keep finding yourself in the same situation over and over…until you effectively deal with it & learn from the lesson…it’ll keep re-occuring.

Ty says:

NaijaGal says:

so this chit about North Korea why they keep playing though
      ________
      Cause we owe them money :coffee:

goat76 says:

iAmChan says:

—————————–
      Same week??? Try 6 hrs apart.

iAmChan says:

What’s going on with them North Koreans?

Pickachu Tran says:

:offtopic: My homeboy who live up the road in D.C. keeps telling me RG3 is twirling in da the closet. That white chick he is engaged too is merely a beard. He told me his agent paid off some of the guys(cross dressers) he messed with…. Anyone remember that former baylor basketball player who threatned to “ruin RG3s reputation” and was arrested for extortion… mmmmhmmm. :coffee:

@NikkeMinxx says:

Breezy….

It really depends on…

2. Are you set on which hotel you can stay at? and which room grade you need.

I booked a trip for two to LV on two separate weekends. A $400 price difference attributed solely to flights.

mzwhang90210 says:

:hahaha: @ RIF I feel ya.
      Doesn’t it feel like when you are the MOST hungry..that’s when your co-workers take the LONGEST to come back with lunch??

iAmChan says:

Wow @ Brenden

Breezy says:

Breezy, go to travelocity, lastminutetrips, expedia, travelzoo, to see what’s available. Put a dot com after the names
      ————-

:lol: why u tryna carmelize me yo?? I’m not slow..

Thanks Naija..

Bootcampgirl says:

“The various satellites and long-range rockets that we will fire as well as the high-level nuclear test that we will carry out, we are not hiding the fact that it is targeted towards United States, our worst enemy,” the commission said.
      Wait one got damn minute

:blink:

NaijaGal says:

@CHAN – they’ve let it be know they’re not fcuking with the US…the US is enemy #1 *polishes off my Nigerian passport* :tea:

@ _________

:hugs:

I haven’t seen u in my inbox or on Twitter lately… :)

MoniquetheGeek says:

so this chit about North Korea
      ______________________________
      Right!

mzwhang90210 says:

@Chan :hugs: …time DOES heal all wounds. You may not be able to see it now..but things worked out that way for a reason.
      And since I’m cliche bound…God never closes a door…w/o openin a window. :wink:

NaijaGal says:

@BREEZY – stay the fcuk away from Spirit airlines…they charge for you to even breathe

goat76 says:

In the World of Sports, this is a big story. I wouldn’t expect all women to care about it. No offense ladies!!

LadieLeo says:

ReadingIsFundamental says:
      I need hummus dip.
      ***********************
      It is so good with olive tapenade and pita chips!

North Korea still on that bullshyt…I knew it was only a matter of time before they actually follow thru with what they’ve been plotting for years… :no: <—smh…

Pickachu Tran says:

:stop: NORTH KOREA COMING FOR OUR AZZ’S…I needs to go watch the news when I get home

NaijaGal says:

@BREEZY – looks like you may be going around Spring Break time so that will most likely affect the prices as well for both air and hotel

@ TY
      You wanna hear that scoop hunhh?
      I read about Kanye and that guy last year or so ago,when they did the FAshion show in Paris i believe.that :tea: is Old

mzwhang90210 says:

Donna del Gatto says: North Korea still on that bullshyt…I knew it was only a matter of time before they actually follow thru with what they’ve been plotting for years…
      :yes:

@Jenie :hi: gal . .. Ummh RG3 is washington Redskins quarterback

Dude was set the fukk up and would fall asleep with the phone on THE PILLOW next to him still running…with this damn DUDE who changed his voice to sound like a woman.

Tyler Perry’s BRENDEN: Based On The Novel “Push” By Sapphire says:

Whelp Sandra…I guess its time for me to come clean. For the past year or so Ive been catfishing as your ne’er-do-well half Brother Tyrone D’shae Beyince’ Rose…It was all innocent at first…Several Locals from Decatur began sending me nude flicks,,,Yanno,,,Thinking they could get in good with you…I claimed to have an inside connection to grand hustle…I was even auctioning off a pair of panties on ebay reportedly worn, and autographed by a famous singer from Atl who happens to be close friends with you. I just wanted some coochie But things got out of hand,,,My apologies…And my apologies to the eventual winning bidder Yallcray. It broke my heart when you said…And I quote…’I can just smell the Traces of Her Lip Stick’ You were smelling something, but it wasnt what you thought…In fact,,,You my wanna get a TB shot just to be safe.

:ghost:

LadieLeo says:

**********************************
      I fly SW I just check in online 24 hours before get in section A so I’m able to pick a good seat when I get on. The savings for the flight and the no cost luggage really can make a big difference.

Ty says:

Bootcampgirl says:

Wait one got damn minute
      Folks are going to learn that its more shyt going on then what we are being fed by news outlets :coffee: They have missiles aimed at us and we have this fool up top all over the news. Its really sad because its intentional

iAmChan says:

@ jeniefrumdabloc Black quarterback for the Redskins….I’ve always thought that he was a male booty chaser.

_________________________________

Right. No offense taken here. I know the gravity of it. Sports is heartfelt..its often not just about the game but the players and their lives.

luVn_liFe… says:

@Jenie gal . .. Ummh RG3 is washington Redskins quarterback

Uh oh my Cousin be with them redskins players :shock:

Oldskool71 says:

Okay, what does it mean when you say someone is a “beard”? I mean, I know that it implies that dude is DL and has a chick to throw people off but why the term “beard”?

:pc: let me look him up

goat76 says:

How bout we just blow their asses of the map?

Breezy says:

Breezy….

It really depends on…

1. Which airline can you fly? I like assigned seats so no SW for me. But they do have free checked bags. 2. Are you set on which hotel you can stay at? and which room grade you need.

———————-
      Well it will def have to be assigned seats cuz I have a fear of flying. This will be my second flight ever.. but I’m going with 4 other chicks and they are trying to get the hotel first then buy the plane tickets.. I’m not tryna stay at a hole in the wall but im not tryna spend over 100 a night for a room either.. so where did u stay? And book flight with?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Now you know when it come to sports I aint grouped in with all womens.

That would explain RG3′s hair. :eek:

@OlSkO_Ol yes a beard is just that.
      @Jenie . . Does ur Cuzo play in the NFL?

Ty says:

@ Luv y u didnt tell anyone u know Im nosey

What else happened :popcorn:

FuturedocDonte says:

Put a dot com after the names
      —–
      This cracked me up :hahaha:

@Oldskool

It’s like a mask or cover…a beard covering up the face…the woman covering up the man’s homosexuality… :)

goat76 says:

_________________________________

—————————-
      I know most females could give a damn about the Heisman, the Draft, and all that.

@Ty . .
      I cant post the archiVed post here cause it was on hsk who SR loathes

That would explain RG3?s hair
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Nothing explains that dudes hair

iAmChan says:

@ mzwhang90210 Thanks, I believe my time is coming.

To all of yall that said something about my lil issue, I appreciate the advice and kind words. It’s crazy when you feel that you can open up to strangers before those you think are “close” to you.

:offtopic: I have come to the conclusion that there is NOTHING to do in Jackson MS.

iAmChan says:

________________________

Yeen lying bout that :no: just looked him up :no:

re: Beard

:lol: Having a beard is the manliest chit right?? Young boys are always going on about their facial hair..

I think it derived from there…using a beard to cover your gayness.

~ ~ ~ ~
      Yep,MOST.NOT Moi!I am a Fanatic.

Speaking of SPORTS . . .How come for is Revis butt hurt and speechless about his trade rumors :tea:

luVn_liFe… says:

@OlSkO_Ol yes a beard is just that.
      @Jenie . . Does ur Cuzo play in the NFL?

Nope just a groupie :D

iAmChan says:

@ mzwhang90210 Thanks, I believe my time is coming.

*claps hands lightly and touches my chest*

Be careful tho Chan :hugs:

~ ~ ~
      mhhh Hmm

Oldskool71 says:

@LuVn and Donna Ahhhh; okay. I was thinking weird nasty thoughts about what it meant but I thought I’d ask to make sure! :rofl: guess my thoughts were wrong

@ JENIE . .
      OHHH :tea:

Yeah I’m one of those ones that don’t give a damn bout football :ashamed:

Bootcampgirl says:

@Breezy, I recently was researching a trip to Vegas for my sis birthday on Valentines Day. The packages were cheaper because the flight will be your highest expense. Make sure there are no conventions or anything going because that will boost up the prices…#helpful

LOL @ OLSkOOL. . .
      #themoreuKnow

It really zaps the rules of English outta meh to see two apostrophes in Manatee’s last name like that. It makes my scalp and soul itch at the same time. Fuggin Hawaiians. Shoulda let Japan have yall.

Except the President. And except Nicole Scherzinger.

SPEAKING of…Sandra can we have a post about Nicole’s wardrobe malfunction? You know how I feel about the Russian-Hawaiian :love:

@Oldskool

:nono: :lol: now you gotta share what you thought at first….

How bout we just blow their asses of the map?
      ___________________________________

Im Team America all day. The Koreans can kiss my first world, privileged ass. They talk a lot of chit (which is what gets them their coverage) but The US is the muthafukking US. Military leaders of the world, Craig.

Memba them duds they shot off? Fukk North Korea. :wave: <–my American flag

Breezy says:

———–
      Damn I truly forgot about spring break.. and Im not flying with anyone that is not reputable. Isn’t spirit fairly new?? Naw I will pass.. thanks

Now you know when it come to sports I aint grouped in with all womens.

:fistbump:

Bootcampgirl says:

Yeah I’m one of those ones that don’t give a damn bout football

:cosign: :ashamed: <—-me everytime yall talk about that shat…

Nakeya_j says:

So North Korea is trying to start a whole war….smdh. Stay prayed up yall. And please get passports to those who don’t have one already!

mzwhang90210 says:

@Chan…no problemo. And on a seperate thought about relationships…

One thing I find odd…is that (some) folks swear there is only ONE soulmate for them out there. Just O.N.E.

If you step back and look at the EARTH in it’s entirety…how many people inhabit it? And only ONE of those BILLIONS….could possibly be the “ONE?”
      lol…

#randomIknow
      #sheddup

@NikkeMinxx says:

Breezy,

Package deals will only give you the most basic rooms…. I cant deal. Booking though the hotel website will usually get you some perks (play money, complimentary buffets, heavily discounted show tickets, etc) that a third party site’s package will not.

First trip… staying at the Monte Carlo in a strip view deluxe room and flying Delta. $1900 for two

Second… staying at NY/NYin strip view deluxe room and flying SW. $11450 for two.

Gold Coast (slightly off strip) has decent rooms, bingo, and Al’s Oyster Bar. It also has shuittle service to the strip (free) and the cab ride i bask fromt he strip is maybe $12.

How come for is Revis butt hurt and speechless about his trade rumors

Dirty game Revis. You know that :lol: !!

Miany says:

Its really sad because its intentional
      ^^^^^ THAT’S how I feel about the music and the news. It’s really sad cuz they’re INTENTIONALLY dumbing down the masses and INTENTIONALLY feeding us trash.

@NikkeMinxx says:

$1450..thats an extra one in there..

@NikkeMinxx says:

_____________________________________________________________
      :ban:

Oldskool71 says:

@Donna I thought those guys didn’t actully like sex with women so they’d give their “beards” oral pleasure and I pictured a chick sitting on a dudes face with her beaver covering his mouth like a beard thus the term “beard” :kona:

Dirty game Revis. You know that
      ~ ~ ~
      RIGHT! Strictly Business buddy Strictly bizNess. GET outcho Feelings!

goat76 says:

:ido: A LONG SUFFERING EAGLES FAN RITE HERRE

Sam says:

Oldskool71 says:

^^^

:rofl: I like your definition better :rofl: :wails:

@Oldskool

:lol: I can see how one may come up with that visual!

iAmChan says:

I just thought about reenlisting in the Army so I can go clothesline me a few North Koreans….then I thought about how it was in Iraq, and I have promptly decided to remain a civilian.

Tyler Perry's BRENDEN: Based On The Novel "Push" By Sapphire says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Yeah I’m one of those ones that don’t give a damn bout footbal

Me neither…Spent 4 years as a cheer leader…I can do a mean back handspring, but I really had no luv for the game :shrugs:

See I was smart enough to know not to group all women together….lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :chase: HUSH lol

Nakeya_j says:

—–
      WTF is North Korea’s problem? And yes, stay a civilian. It’s crazy out there!

Breezy says:

@boot: thank u, I now realize that is the time during spring break so we need to get on it..

@nikke: I appreciate the info.. now I have something to work with.. thank u

iAmChan says:

@ Nakeya_j Oh beelee me I know, I got 2 gun shot wounds to remind me how real it is in the field!

Spent 4 years as a cheerleader
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      You an ELynn Harris huh?

Ty says:

WTF is North Korea’s problem?
      The US has phucked up the church’s money :chase:

Nakeya_j says:

Ty says:

WTF is North Korea’s problem?
      The US has phucked up the church’s money
      —–
      SO they just can’t keep calling 8 in the morning like regular people who call to collect a debt?! They have to bomb us?! Damn, they are worse than Sallie Mae.

No, seriously, they need to chill. N.K. has not won not one war that involved the U.S. yet. Please Koreans, don’t make us bomb yall… I’m sure yall thought back then we were playing with Japan and you saw that we were not. Please don’t act like yall need a reminder. Thanks

@nakeyjah :newpost: is up

MissHarlem says:

I just know that yall watch the news and other news outlet that you guys was up on game on North Korea. I refuse to believe that yall just learning about this today :no: OAN to watch any blip of a docu on Korea or any Asian country is motherfckn trip.

MissHarlem says:

Late but who the fck told Future that he should be singing :no: it barely works for the females who cant sing. Im annoyed this song came on pandora now. THUMBS DOWN

3halos says:

Filing nails….So I guess college sense and any remote trace of working brain cells is not a prereq in college now a days, huh? I call a lie on this ish. They had time for Te’o's braindead cousin to create this VM of a supposed bootlet wench which further proves he’s an out of control pathological liar who doesn’t know when to stop. I mean, it’s obvious to me that it’s a ‘fake voice’. Even if I were drunk, I would think something was off about this voice. #justsaying

laterthannever says:

As a lady with the useless talent of making my voice sound like a convincing man (fun for pranks but no voiceover work yet!)its still hard to fathom this being a man pretending to be a woman. It sounds like a chick 1000%