Arrest Made in Carjacking of Singer Bobby V

Bobby V carjacked

Update: An arrest has been made in the carjacking of pint size R&B singer Bobby V, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Police say the “Slow Down” singer was approached by two black males wearing hoodies as he parked his 2013 Bentley at the Hot Beats studio on Spring Street in midtown Atlanta Tuesday night. One of the men pointed a gun at his head and demanded his car. Bobby V did not resist, and the thugs drove off in his vehicle.

The Bentley was later found abandoned at the nearby Arts Center MARTA Station with minor damage to one of the front wheels. Bobby V, whose real name is Robert Wilson, was able to identify one of the suspects. Police are withholding the suspect’s identification until the second suspect is in custody.

Hot Beats recording studio was the scene of a tragic shooting in 2009. Adair Freeman, 19, was shot twice in the chest by two men who demanded his fake diamond chain.

Melvin Bardwell, 25, was arrested in that case and charged with homicide and aggravated robbery.

The Hot Beats studio, located at 1200 Spring Street, is owned by Adair Freeman’s father Russell Freeman.

• Teen slain for his $600 Marmot parka
  • Atlanta man shoots girlfriend, commits suicide
  • Fabolous Eyed in Connection With Brooklyn Rapper’s Murder
  • Real men in Hip Hop respond to Lil Reese hitting a woman (video)

67 Responses to “Arrest Made in Carjacking of Singer Bobby V”

Sunkissed404 says:

I saw this! The news reporters for AJC reported that his “Bentley” was hijacked… I was like, “Wow. Must be nice to still be getting royalties off of Slow Down and Blackberry Molasses”. Glad he’s ok. At least he didn’t try to fight them for it…Cars can be replaced!

ReadingIsFundamental says:

I hope he has an IRA, 401K, 10 year CD and a few Variable Annuities to go along with that car.

VicKaLiCious says:

Bobby V might not be on top but he puts out consistently good albums. He’s like Avant…stay putting records out that no one knows about. Pandora reminded me of his classics, even some new ones. I’m glad he’s unharmed.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

Dead horse I know but the person who accused beyonce of lip synching was found dead in their hotel room :coffee:

An arrest has been made in the case. Police are still looking for the second carjacker. Oh, and the car was a 2013 Bentley, not a Mercedes S-Class.

JJSPLAYHOUSE says:

Fox News released the info about the marine dead in his hotel, but all links on the internet lead to nothing. What’s really going on? Does Jay and B have THAT kind of power?

Sunkissed404 says:

Oh wow! So it really was a Bentley? With his little self… He oughta KEEP bodyguards around if he gon’ be driving stuff that fancy. To steal a Bentley is stupid tho’…Like, how many people drive Bentleys? They should have found them immediately!

Pickachu Tran says:

***********************************

so Jay and Bey really have that type of world domination that they can take ninjas OUT now like they the C.I.A. :blink: The LAWD is soon to come THEN! someone go get REDEEMED so he/she can give us a scripture about JEESUS’ return and Bey being the AntiChrist. :coffee:

MsB says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :shocked: say whatna

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I dont know @Pickachu…but it scares the…BeyJaysus outta me…HOLD ME :wail:

*Also @Intense Imma need you to stop tryna come up here undacova without a Caps Lock ma’am. I aint had my coffee yet and I was like :blink: is that her?

Nasir Rahim says:

FANTASIA WHERE YOU AT BABY!? OH YEAH B V GLAD YOU GO0D SON.

Afiya says:

I know folks wanna floss they wealth, but sometimes you got to be discreet…a 2013 Bentley parked in the hood or outside a locked garage gonna make a whole lot of broke asses jack you…IJS.

Miany says:

Good Morning! :waves:

:rofl: I dont mean to laugh at his expense but :lol: the title just cracked me up…

going back to read…as Auntie would want…

Good morning loves! :waves:

LadieLeo says:

Good Morning Everyone!

Sounds like they need some security at that radio station :tea:

Glad he didnt try and fight them for that car. Material things can be replaced. You cant. And it sounds like he needs to be doing business else where.

Breezy says:

Lol @ pint size rapper…they must have been some young dudes and wanted to joy ride in a Bentley..
      I work on Spring st not that far from this studio

Morning ROSES :wave:
      DUBB
      RAZZLE
      ladyLeo
      Mainy
      Afiyah
      Nasir Rahim
      MsB
      PicachuTRAN
      SANDRAROSE :eggs:
      Morning!!
      Im happy to hear he didnt resist,this turned out good case scednario,sometimes You give these Psychos what they want and they’ll still hurt or Kill you!

tintin1979 says:

sorry hope Bobby V had insurance on that rental.

69 says:

All these c-list niggas have money. They can sell 3,000 copies of an album but if you have some hustle there is money to be made in Atlanta. People just choose not to chase it. Bobby V is on his game tho. :coffee:

free says:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says: Dead horse I know but the person who accused beyonce of lip synching was found dead in their hotel room

**********************

DAMN! this shyt REALLY ain’t going away now…. wasn’t it a lady?

A Marine, who was the first to reveal that Beyonce had lip-synced her way through her National Anthem performance at Barack Obama’s Inauguration this week, has fallen victim to an online death hoax.

NaijaGal says:

Glad he’s ok and they didn’t take his life…it’s not a question of what he has, but why they felt the need to take it away from him…the marine’s death is creepy

*Morning Folks*
      Vick
      :waves:

LUV N :happy:
      69 :kiss:

FuturedocDonte says:

pint size R&B singer Bobby V

My wife said he’s shorter than her, shoulda ate them veggies :yes:

Beyonce has received intense backlash for using a backing track at the Inauguration (MAI / Splash News)

However, it soon emerged that the report was indeed fake and just an attempt to add more scandal to the miming controversy, and possibly to mimic the aftermath of the now-infamous prank pulled by two Australian DJs on a nurse who killed herself days after.

Beyonce has been slammed by fans for reportedly using a pre-recorded track of ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ during her performance at Barack Obama’s Inauguration on Monday, however, a source close to the diva says she “doesn’t see anything wrong” with not singing live.

“She didn’t think there was anything wrong with it,” a source told Us Weekly.

“Pavarotti has done it! It was freezing out, and if she messed up just one note, that would have been the story.”

“Everybody uses these tracks, and the music director advised it. Any big outdoor live performance is almost always with some kind of track.”

“She did sing, but used a track. A technicality which everybody does took away from the beauty of the moment,” the source added.

NaijaGal says:

@RAZZLE – so he’s not dead???

free says:

Bedazzled His Razzle says: A report posted by a fake Fox News account, sent Twitter into overdrive on Wednesday afternoon when they claimed that a Marine Corps band officer had been found dead, sharing a link to the real news website, with the tweet: “Marine Corps band officer who accused Beyonce of lip syncing found dead in hotel room.”

******************************

i was beginning to believe the illuminati really existed….

Milky says:

kdubb
      msb
      pickachu
      Sandra
      intense
      RIF po up!
      and all the otha Roses, thorns, and caramels!!!

FuturedocDonte says:

Last place ima be is in another mans pockets but…. When was his last hit…. He riding around in a 2013 Bentley :thinking: He better not be pulling a nene and be renting an apartment somewhere

NaijaGal says:

I really don’t care to hear about the lip-synching scandal or not…thought the marine was dead, if not then let’s keep it moving

morning to all who spoke…

I guess he’s not dead.. to whom ever decided to add fuel to the lip singing fire.. -> ____/ have one of these :tea:

NaiJa :happy: Hey BaBes,HOW ARE YOU??
      Milky :kiss:
      Donte
      69 :shakebutt:
      Morning Ya’ll!!!

:eggs:

Trendsetter says:

Morning Roses

FuturedocDonte says:

Last place ima be is in another mans pockets but…. When was his last hit…. He riding around in a 2013 Bentley He better not be pulling a nene and be renting an apartment somewhere
      ———–
      I think it was “turn the page” or “anonymous”

Nakeya_j says:

——
      WTF!!! The blood of Jesus.

Good Morning all!

Milky says:

morning @nakeya
      trend

who not goin to be shait today?

Breezy says:

Morning Naija and Luvn.. everybody :hi:

The news is having a field day with Beyonce and Manti teo.. I’m sick of hearing about both of them.

LadieLeo says:

Good Morning Everyone!

Sounds like they need some security at that radio station

I get my car serviced at the gas station right next door to the Hot Beats studio by my friend and master mechanic Hawk. The last time I went there for my emissions test last year, I spoke with Hawk about the 2009 shooting. Everyone at the gas station carries guns for their protection. You would think the studio would be more diligent about security considering the owner’s son was killed there. :coffee:

MsB says:

:wave:
      Naija
      Luvn
      Milky
      Bedazzled

tintin1979 says:

sorry hope Bobby V had insurance on that rental.
      :lol: Bentleys are back in style?

Nakeya_j says:

Morning Milky! :wave: :tea: <—-really hot coco

And I'm gonna try to be Shyt today…but if it's anything like yesterday in here today, I won't be.

Nakeya_j says:

tintin1979 says:

sorry hope Bobby V had insurance on that rental.
      Bentleys are back in style?
      ——
      :dead: I see yall starting already….

Pickachu Tran says:

LUVN, NAIJA, MILKY :waves:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

*******************************************

AN internet HOAX huh, and too think I was actually starting to give a couple fukks about this story….

Trendsetter says:

Milky says:

morning @nakeya
      trend

who not goin to be shait today?

Hey Milky!

It depends. If ppl start Carameling, then I might not be shyt today

Morning my loves :waves: :hug: Pint size :hahaha:

NaijaGal says:

@RAZZLE – so he’s not dead???

I’m really surprised at you kids for believing fake news sites. I honestly thought you guys were joking yesterday about the band member being found dead. Come on, don’t you think if that were true the Internet would have cracked wide open? :shrug:

Pickachu Tran says:

tintin1979 says:

sorry hope Bobby V had insurance on that rental.
      Bentleys are back in style?
      ********************************

I was thinking he probably leased it. :thinking:

Yo my commander got me flucked up today… A dunkin donuts just opened up here on tuesday and we were talking about it yesterday…this dude brings in a dozen today…. :wail: he dont give a chit about my body being great!!! :wail:

I did have two of them bishes though :tea:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

morning to all who spoke…

Same here… morning all. :coffee: :eggs:

NaijaGal says:

@RAZZLE – so he’s not dead???

————-
      what you talm’bout “you kids”?

Pickachu Tran says:

Hot dog and BBQ day here at work :yahoo:

I’m itching for another ring of death and sugar bread… :eek:
      :wail:

Oh yeah went home yesterday and read ya’ll comments and its official ! Ya’ll are some straight up fools :rofl:

Miany says:

Good Morning luvn, Naija, Milky!
      I’m kinda salty bout this Beyonce lip synching story. The national news is still on it. Even Auntie done moved on!!!!

FuturedocDonte says:

3 stories I don’t wanna here shait else bout for the rest of the year
      Beyonce: u take yo axx outside and sing while its 5 degrees
      Chris Brown and Rihanna: let this train wreck be a train wreck. They ain’t sharing none of that money with me… So ion care :coffee:

Done wit the soap box for the morning. What up roses :waves: sandra :hi:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Thats not it Sandranetta.

As much smack as you be talking about Bey I was just worried about your safety.

Thats all.

Trendsetter says:

FuturedocDonte says:

3 stories I don’t wanna here shait else bout for the rest of the year
      Beyonce: u take yo axx outside and sing while its 5 degrees

Done wit the soap box for the morning. What up roses sandra
      __________________________________

:cosign:

Breezy says:

3 stories I don’t wanna here shait else bout for the rest of the year Beyonce: u take yo axx outside and sing while its 5 degrees Manti Te’o: he set that ish up himself. And he is only getting the news coverage he wanted in to first place Chris Brown and Rihanna: let this train wreck be a train wreck. They ain’t sharing none of that money with me… So ion care
      ——- —-
      :cosign:

Pickachu Tran says:

:offtopic: While states across America tighten laws on drunk driving, a county in southwest Ireland has RELAXED its drinking and driving laws to allow rural residents to drive home from the local pub after a few pints.

Kerry County Council passed a controversial motion on Monday, with a vote of five to three, to support the creation of a special permit that will allow rural drinkers to drive after having “two or three drinks,” the Guardian.co.uk reports.

The law was heralded by independent councillor Danny Healy-Rae, who claims it will help prevent depression and suicide in isolated country areas. He argued that rural residents are driving on roads with very little traffic and claims they “have never killed anyone,” while fighting to bring back a social outlet for lonely people that had been lost thanks to ever stricter drink-drive laws.

WorkInProgress says:

:waves: Ni Hao to EVERYONE.
      Amma need you guys/gals to get some ack right today. These dang reports ain’t gonna do themselves. Thanks for your kind co-orperation.

NaijaGal says:

:newpost: is up

ohpretty1 says:

People kill me :lol: Bobby isn’t hurting for money.

pointhimout says:

marine dead = I believe it. He “told” what he knew to humiliate her. Since he didn’t or wouldn’t shut up about it, he paid the ultimate price. Y’all know he was gonna hit the interviewing circuit to milk this. No Sir it wasn’t worth it. And she’ll be on stage superbowl Sunday as his family’s laying him to rest. Hmmmmm. And the nurse who put the prank callers thru to Kate’s hospital????

Bobby V= Black folks stay tryna stunt in the hood. I’ve been in a few “downtowns” in different cities and Atlanta has the worst slum like downtown or midtown I’ve ever seen. The Bentley would be the toy I’d buy, but hell, where would I drive it; Alpharetta, Cummings, etc? But it’s good he came out ok. Trade that in Bobby and just get a Mercedes. You’d blend in better. I know, I know, everybody has one.

MsOMyT says:

Yes I’m an extrem lurker and never log in but @Aunty I just spit my water out at my computer sceen: “pint size”!!!!! Bwaaaah ROTFL! Keep up the great work!! Between your post and the comments I make it through my work day.

Sunkissed404 says:

Bobby V is totally Frank Ski’s nephew… Frank Ski would talk about him on the radio all the time! They got heavy blood lines.