Police: Nailla Robinson was targeted

Nailla Robinson missing

A 5-year-old girl abducted from a west Philadelphia elementary school Monday morning was targeted by her abductor, Philly.com reports.

Nailla Robinson was taken from Bryant Elementary school at 8:50 a.m. by a woman wearing a traditional muslim burqa, naqib (face covering) and black gloves.

“The child was actually targeted,” said Capt. John Darby of the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit, “this was not a random act.”

He added: “The woman knew which classroom to go to, and knew Nailla’s name. She left the school on foot with the girl in tow, and that no car was used.”

Nailla Robinson missing

Darby asked the public to call police if they saw a woman and a child on foot near the school on Monday.

“We ask the community at large, if this child was walked through the area in a particular direction, to give us a call,” Darby said.

Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said the abductor signed a visitor’s log, but her signature was illegible. Instead of waiting in the school’s office, the woman went directly to Nailla’s classroom (indicating prior knowledge) and told her substitute teacher she was there to take Nailla to breakfast. The woman told the teacher the child was already signed out of school.

“She indicated that she was the child’s mother,” Chitwood said.

An Amber Alert was issued by Philadelphia police after Nailla was discovered missing around 3 p.m. Monday.

Nailla’s apparent abduction resulted in an outpouring of support and prayers from the public, including celebrities such as NBA superstar Kobe Bryant and former Xscape singer Tameka Harris.

A man on his way to work at 4:40 a.m. Tuesday found the missing girl in Upper Darby, outside Philadelphia. The man told police he heard a child’s cries for help from a nearby ballfield. He found Nailla hiding under a jungle gym in a park. She was wearing only a t-shirt in 30-degree weather.

“As he starts to walk to where the screams are, a little girls runs out,” said Chitwood. “She said, ‘I ran away, I ran away from the people who took me.'”

Chitwood said he did not know how long Nailla had been exposed to the frigid night air. He said it was about 37 degrees outside at the time Nailla was found.

Police say when the man called the girl over, she told him she was cold and had to go to the bathroom.

She was taken to The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where she was evaluated for hypothermia and reunited with her mother, Latifah Rashid.

Nailla told police a stranger took her from Bryant Elementary school at 60th Street and Cedar Avenue in west Philadelphia, and led her two blocks away to a nearby house.

She said she was blindfolded, her clothes were removed and she was hidden under a bed. Police declined to say if the girl was sexually assaulted.

The girl told the man that she had been stolen, said Capt. John Darby of the Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit. She said later that day, a teenager took her from the house and set her free at a playground near the house.

Darby said police have not formally interviewed the 5-year-old. As a result, he said some “preliminary information” might change.

Chitwood said investigators will focus their search for the abductor — or abductors — in the area of the ballfield since it backs up to a residential neighborhood.

“If she ran away, she ran away right in that area,” Chitwood said. “A child is not going to be able to go that far.”

He added: “It had to be an animal to do something like this, to abduct a child and leave her in the park with just a t-shirt.”

• Oprahs Bunion

She is ADORABLE! So glad she was unharmed. Bless her heart!

• cougar lover

target my kid, n ill shoot yo momma!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

I’m so glad they found her!! Geezus

• ysoserious

Just read this. It all sounds hella suspicious. And that school has a LOT to answer for.

• OutsidetheBox

Thank you, Lord. Now Father where is this teen..? Is he/she also abducted? :thinking:

• kingstonn

the little girl didn’t know not to go with that lady? i can’t speak for all children but when i was lil, my mom used to say DO NOT SPEAK TO STRANGERS, must let go somewhere with someone i didn’t know. this makes me think that she knew her or something. ugh! something just ain’t right! :wail:

• Oprahs Bunion

:no: SMDH…crazy azz folks man.

• Oprahs Bunion

Thank you, Lord. Now Father where is this teen..? Is he/she also abducted?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I know right, OTB?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

“She said later that day, a teenager took her from the house and set her free at a playground near the house.”

This sounds like that damn movie “People under the stairs” :think:

• Gigi26

There are straight wicked people in this world… :no:

Glad she’s safe, Praise Allah (cuz she Muslim ya know)

• ysoserious

Also, the kidnapper must have known that there was a substitute that day as the girl’s regular teacher would have known something was wrong.

Don’t want to think about what that child went through while the adults around her were being completely incompetent.

• KyCakes

:no:

So glad that baby is alright!

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

I’m wondering if the teenager wasn’t adbucted too or knew what was done to this baby was wrong and that’s why they set her free. Either way, thank God for them.

• Gigi26

@Kingston: she’s five :shrugs: She probably assumed it was her mom since she wears the same coverings? Idk…but that shyt is very very scary.

• OutsidetheBox

People under the stairs
    ________________________

:eek: Stuff of my nightmares as a kid. It took me years to watch that all the way thru.. *shudders*

Shoutout to Fool. :eek:

• KyCakes

Gigi26 says:

Glad she’s safe, Praise Allah (cuz she Muslim ya know)
    ———————————————————————-
    :rofl: You know you ain’t right….

• ysoserious

@SIS

I’m sure there are those that will say a teenager can’t be abducted. Surely she was there of her own free will. Probably being fast.

• Betamax82

Glad she was found alive she is going to need counseling what the hell is going on with this story

• MissHarlem

Happy she’s ok :yes: so cute

• Gigi26

Human trafficking is real folks…shyt can happen anywhere! I remember my elementary school sent out memos cuz there was this red van that was hanging around the school…Scared me shytless. :no:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

What Jay and YSO said. :yes:

• Nakeya_j

ysoserious says:

——
    That was someone the family knew that took her. They knew her name and classroom. That’s crazy. And the people in the school’s office should of known better. Not one soul asked for ID. I hope they are fired. Something is not clean in the water with this story. But thank God she was found alive.

• Ty

:cosign: Kingstonn something is not adding up. Just happy she is safe!

• KyCakes

MzDimplez1123 says:

———————————————————————
    :hi: Dimpz
    I remember watching this movie when I was younger..”I Know my First Names is Steven”

This young boy had been abducted…by a Man who claimed to be a minister, no less. He was kept into his late teens. When the abductor bought another little boy home, Steven took the boy and escaped…

It was based on a true story…

Hold your babies tight and teach them how to fight like bloody hell if anyone lays a hand on them….

I taught my Son early on how to go absolutely apechit if anyone ever tried to take him….

• kingstonn

@ gigi
    but at 5 she couldn’t recognize her moms voice? :shrug: or know her moms name?
    now i’m agreeing with sandra when she says that coulda been her mom. this is just confusing.

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ GiGi…Wouldn’t she know her mother’s voice?

@ YSO..Teenager may have been kidnapped and there since she was five too. I put NOTHING past ppl. :no:

• Who Dat

I hope she gets her azz kicked by the ghost of Malcolm X for that ish. Taking that lady baby. I saw that momma pleading on that link last night and promise I could not sleep. :no:

• https://voteobama2012.bigcartel.com San

Makes no sense

• http://happysnappynappy.blogspot.com rozb

That teenager might be getting a beatdown for letting the child go.

• kingstonn

the ghost of Malcolm X :dead:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

:wave: @ Ky..I think I saw that before. :yes:

• Who Dat

• Gigi26

@Kingston and Dimpz:

I know some kids initially go by sight and not necessarily by voice,maybe by the time the girl realized that it wasn’t her mom she was already out of the school :shrugs:

Can’t really speculate too much here…

• OutsidetheBox

The ghost of Malcolm X? Fugg yew Dubb.. Get cho hand out my pocket.. :ghost:

• Nakeya_j

—–

• ysoserious

DIMPZ!

Oh I know. But a while ago people argued that once you reach a certain age if you stay in a bad situation you must like it. Even if you don’t remember any other way.

• coco creamy

I read this and re-read it again, Is there something missing from the write-up.

1.“She said, ‘I ran away, I ran away from the people who took me. <<<>>a teenager took her from the house and set her free at a playground near the house

she is 5 right

ok Im done, glad that baby is safe, bless her heart :coffee:

• cougar lover

you spend 9 months getting acquainted with your mom. aint not way in thee hell I would have not known my momma, especially with me being a spoiled mommas boy at that age!

• OutsidetheBox

Right… 5. Im not surprised she went. Especially if she is taught to trust those in her community. :no:

• Gigi26

@Dubb: Exactly what I’m saying :yes:

I know her mom better have that face uncovered the next time she picks her up from school…shiidd.

• http://youtu.be/WEGmEO_42ow Breezy

This story :no: this reminds me of a lifetime movie. I bet this lady has had interactions with the lil girl before taking her yesterday. :tea: I’m glad she is ok

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ Roz…Yes, so sad but so true. *prays for that teenager*

• Nakeya_j

*held

• Gigi26

————————————
    CLEARLY this is an abduction and not some dude asking this five year old for some head.

Apples to oranges :tea:

• OutsidetheBox

I watched that Lisa Ling on the lost girls. :no: Them girls have what are essentially “sound” minds, besides they “making it” on them streets..

But they were scared chitless and as a result stayed with those abductors, even when given the chance to run.

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ KDubb…Your theory makes sense. I was just saying she should know her mom’s voice by five. :shrug:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

Shoutout to Fool. :eek:
    ___________________________________________________

Yea that movie creeped me out too … I jus wanted “Fool” to be ok ….. and get his teeth fixed #concernedchild

• coco creamy

She said 1st

I ran away from the people who took me
    then she said she was stolen
    then she can identified a teen from an adult

:coffee: not saying this cant happen but……. I’ll just wait

• OutsidetheBox

Its mind control Debo. :(

• Gigi26

————————-
    :yes:

I don’t know if yall remember that lil Jewish boy who was walking home from school and got lost? Well guess who picked him up and took him in his car to later chop him up to pieces in his apt?

His fellow Jewish man. Complete stranger to him but he “looked” like him (as in clothing, had the lil cap on his head, etc) so he FELT SAFE with him.

• KyCakes

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Ky..I think I saw that before.
    ———————————————————————-
    He was so traumatized after being reunited with his family, he started making all kinds of bad decsions (i.e., drinking, drugging) and ended up dying way too young…so sad…

I think it turned out he was being kept only seven miles from his families home, or something like that… :wail:

• kingstonn

i’m just not following.
    one of my Dad’s friends came up to my baby bro at the beach when he was like 3 and he knew to scream MOMMY because he’d never seen him before. i mean, i don’t know. i just.. lemme shutup. :kona:

• KyCakes

Its mind control Debo
    ——————————————————————–
    Stockholm Syndrome

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

@ Shaun…Stockholm Syndrome? The danger you know is potentially safer than the one you don’t.

• ysoserious

@KDUB

That’s what I think might have happened. Hell, who’s to say for sure any of our 5/6 year olds wouldn’t do the same.

Kids are taught to beware of strangers but also to trust the adults in roles of authority. If the teacher said it was okay to go, and the lady seemed “nice”, what could the child really do? Especially if she is as sweet as she looks. Might never have occurred to her to fight back.

• http://www.wgci.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=421790&article=10681258 Bedazzled His Razzle

UGH… this gives me the sads..i’m glad she’s alive and ok. She will be scared for sure, but alive none the less..

Fcuk the people who were involved in such a malicious heinous vulgar and everything bad that can discribe the act with a sick herp and scabies infested peen.

LEAVE THE BABIES ALONE DAMN IT!!! :mad:

• OutsidetheBox

@Cremes what point are you making? :thinking: Of course the milk aint clean, a child was walked out of a school.

But are you saying the little girl did…what exactly? :huh:

Naturally her story would be questionable or told with slight inconsistencies…she’s five..

• kingstonn

cougar lover says:

——————————
    :cosign:
    i was born on a small island, and everyone knows everyone. but sht, if that wasn’t my momma, i wasn’t going. no way. :nono:

• Ty

Gigi26 says:

I didn’t realize how serious it was until I watched the movie Human Trafficking on Lifetime :(

• OutsidetheBox

Stockholm Syndrome

:yes: Thats it. *locks it in* Yall so smaht.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIBVMdplt94&feature=related <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers

GOD will handle all those involved, that’s my belief. HE made it so that she could get away (however it happened).

Shame on them! smh!

• Gigi26

@Kingston: Some kids act immediately some don’t…same with adults..some may fight, and some don’t..

This girl obviously had angels around her cuz the teenager took her out of the house. And the girl hid and screamed for help.

• MissHarlem

Awaits next post

• Who Dat

That is what the mom’s theory was on the news…I cant take credit for that. The whole thing is bizzare. That school is on misconduct lists 1-5 though. This is whose fault it is.

• ysoserious

@COCO

She’s 5 and probably confused and has made no official statement. So I don’t know what you are implying here.

• OutsidetheBox

I don’t know if yall remember that lil Jewish boy

Sure do. :yes:

Ive noticed that with different sects and communities… the hare krishana children here for instance would never approach me for help.

Stockholm Syndrome

:yes: Thats it. *locks it in* Yall so smaht.

============
    Just like that young girl that was stolen-what’s her name. They had kept her in the dark for the first yr or something like that!

So Sad!

• Gigi26

————————-
    :yes: Its true

• http://happysnappynappy.blogspot.com rozb

I know it’s fruitless, but I am seeing nothing on the news about this at all. It’s all about Lance Armstrong’s interview w/ Oprah and political talk. Don’t care about Lance and I am burned out on political crap. :coffee:

• kingstonn

sigh.
    lemme keep shut. what do i know? these were just thoughts. since i was 5 18 years ago i just figured that i remembered how i was back in the day. :shrug: that’s all.

that school is who is to blame anyways.
    they should have a better protocol to follow when people show up to collect children from the school. point blank. :yawn:

• ysoserious

Maybe I should go with Harlem. The way Sandra seemed to be cranking out posts today, I hope this isn’t the last one.

Ty says:

Gigi26 says:

AND IT HAPPENS IN NO TIME! They drug them asap! Yall should google that and see how prevalent this is in the US.

• http://www.landofpure.net dontyewbemadbew :coffee:

:newpost:

• OutsidetheBox

:newpost: is up.

• Gigi26

——————–
    On MSNBC all the time….I be watching dem Asians hard now :yes:

• kingstonn

*sits next to Harlem*
    you going to carnival this year? i’m going to mine! well, the one in St. Thomas! :danban:

• http://www.landofpure.net dontyewbemadbew :coffee:

i’m SUPER happy this child was found & we not RIP’ing all up & through this post :yahoo:

• Ty

@Yall it is. There is a center in my area that houses the kids that have escaped and its really sad :(

• cougar lover

kingstonn says:

:cosign:
    ———————————————————————–

i hear that, hell mom dukes wasn’t going to send anybody to come pick me up anyways, unless it was an aunt, but we would have known the night before she would be coming.

• Who Dat

Lance Armstrong’s interview w/ Oprah
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I want a Lance post…Sandra gave us one? I aint look. Lance is a diddly DUMB AZZ and I am mad at him

• free

Who Dat says: They said she went with the lady b/c she was familiar; in the sense the lady was dressed in traditional Muslim garb. So she most likely thought the lady was a friend of her mom…etc. I mean at five SHE mighta been thinking “hey if its okay with MY TEACHER…and this lady knows my name, dressed like the women I am normally around…its okay”

**************************

this is what i think. 5 yo’s are not little walking adults. they are kids with no real concept of the animals out here and what could happen to them. you can tell your kid a thousand times what to do and they will still not do it when the time comes. this has been shown to be true on tv specials. you just have to cover them with prayer. some kids will fight; some will go.

• pointhimout

I’m sure sm1 has already said this but dont kids know not to go with strangers? My nephew is really friendly and will talk to anybody, so I have to pose this question to my sister when I see her. Can I just go up to his school, say I’m his father, and walk out with him? I hope the mom or whoever are not plotting for attn. The story just sounds ridiculous. Nailia knew the person that picked her up to; she had to have seen them before. I just dont want to believe a stranger comes to a class to get u and u leave with them. Am I crazy?

Thank God she’s okay and back with her mom. Mom, please come clean with your dealings, who you pissed off, ur enemies, etc. Sometimes people do bs like this just to show they can cause harm easily if they wanted to. You know how folk just act like they can’t explain how this could happen when all along they know they were involved in something crazy.

• free

Nakeya_j says: The crazy ppl out here are real. My brother, who at the time was 16 was heald at knife point and made to get into the back of a van, while on his way to school. Mind you at the time he was close to being 6 feet tall. Teens can and do get abducted.

******************************

i have an old friend who is a policeman. his wife was murdered. he said NEVER GO when confronted with a weapon. the stats simply don’t support that you will make it out alive if you comply. you have to make a decision right there to go or fight. i told my hubby and loved ones that i’m fighting. fugg it and, if i die in the process, know that i fought and that’s why. they ain’t taking me to do all kinds of shyt and THEN kill me anyway.

• free

the first thing you teach is a kid is not to go with strangers. so how come so many damn kids are abducted each year? right out their own damn yards, while walking with other kids, or right in the same store with their parents? cause they go with strangers!!

it’s not the kids fault or the parents fault. the damn school let a person with NO ID, NO FACE, NO NAME (“TIFFANY”, NOT EVEN A LAST NAME), AND NO SIGNATURE (ILLEGIBLE) WALK RIGHT OUT THE DOOR with a small child.

• ReadingIsFundamental

I’d be all in that school’s ass. The teacher/sub/whoeverthe**** didn’t look that little girl in the eye and ask her if she knew that woman? They don’t have a policy of ID check and calling the child to the office for a proper check-out process? Don’t they have fukking emergency cards with who is allowed to check the child out of school? This little girl resembles my child. My blood is boiling.

• QueenSJ

It’s a$$ backwards to question more of what a 5-year old child did instead of holding the adults responsible.

Everybody wasn’t raised the same way as you and every child is not the same as a child in your family.

• Audacious2

I just read this story from numerous media outlets, amazing how the school is being blamed first, which they were wrong for releasing a child early for breakfast (red flag) – BUT! The mother is hella’ suspicious to me. There is something not right with this story. This may be a plot to sue the school under terms of neglect. I noticed the child’s last name is not muslim, I wonder if there is custody battle with the child’s biological father, just glad the child returned.

• ariesbaby417

I had to come out of lurk mode for this one…being from Philly, this definitely hit way too close to home. Gigi26 made a very interesting point in relation to the little boy in Brooklyn last summer who was abducted and murdered. That community in Brooklyn is a very tight-knit community-Orthodox Jews-he followed someone that looked “familiar” but lured him right to his death. Islam is very popular in Philly, so one can’t fault this child with going with someone who looked “familiar”. The school definitely dropped the ball with this one…glad she was found alive and is safe now.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

ariesbaby417 says:

Excellent 1st comment! :welcome: to the fam!

• GAGIRL87

I find it strange that the child would go with a stranger (not blaming the child) but I’m so glad the child was found safe and not harmed. But something with this story isn’t right :think:

• http://www.amazon.com/gotta-make-Heaven-going-thru/product-reviews/1448656729/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_t iscream

The show what would you do did a special on kids to see how many would go with a strangerwhen their parent wasn’t around.
    Most all the parents were shocked that their kid was lured into the ice cream truck. This baby was in an environment that she deemed safe. If her teacher an adult didn’t protest why is the question of her going with this woman even being questioned. AND if the school allowed the mother to doop them into a false kidnapping (which I doubt. Kids get abducted from hospitals) then they deserve to be sued. Maybe it’ll save another kids life.

Reminds me of the movie I know my first name is Steven. Oh and if big IF it was the mom wth would she leave her baby in the freezing cold with no clothes. Happy she is safe and I pray they didn’t molest her.

• Crickett

Where is a picture of the mother because this child is not covered in this pic, her hair is down, her nails are painted and she has pierced ears! They need to search for a mother that has lost her child- maybe a child around the age of the girl. Girl I got that one from the lifetime network.

• AllNYC

I don’t care what religion you are. You should have to unveil your face when you pick up your child from school. No disrespect to your religion, but children’s safety comes first.

Poor little girl must have been so scared! My son’s daycare have copies of photo ID for my husband and myself, as well as my parents. These are the only 4 people allowed to pick up my son. My parents have to show ID to take him. That school seriously needs to reevaluate their security procedures – something you would think would be a no-brainer after Sandy Hook.