Looking for a Husband? Viola Davis Says Prayer Works

Viola Davis Says Prayer Works

Oscar nominee Viola Davis has the secret for lonely women who are looking for a husband to complete them: Prayer.

Page Six reports that Davis, 47, revealed her secret at the premiere for her latest movie, “Beautiful Creatures.”

“The Help” star told Page Six, “I was the loneliest woman in the world, and someone said, ‘You should just pray for a husband.’” So Davis got down on her knees and prayed.

“I said I wanted a big black man from the South who looked like a football player, who already had children, who maybe had been married before… 3 1/2 weeks later I met my husband,” Davis said.

Davis wed 59-year-old actor and former college football player Julius Tennon in 2003. They adopted a baby girl, Genesis, last year.

It helps that Davis met a seasoned, mature man, rather than an oversexed young buck to rearrange her furniture (if you know what I mean). Studies show that women who marry older men tend to stay in their marriages longer. That is because older men are done sowing their wild oats (at that age, there aren’t too many oats to sow).

Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America

163 Responses to “Looking for a Husband? Viola Davis Says Prayer Works”

MsB says:

I agree prayer works! I prayed that when God saw fit that he will bless me with a wonderful, loyal etc… man and well I’m getting married next month :tea:

MsB says:

Say that :tea: folks need to hear :coffee: not worried bout the faithless folks in this world. What God has for u is for u !

MsB says:

Say that folks need to hear not worried bout the faithless folks in this world. What God has for u is for u !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    x10 :clap:

KABYEYOU says:

Good Morning Good People of Zamunda

dedicating my Gravie to Gucci since his mixtape dropped last night and has me at a all time level of ignorance in my office at work

Congrats Viola :cheer:
    He looks like a church deacon :hahaha:

_________________________________________________
    But err rah…we don’t give the same advice to older men who chase MUCH younger women huh? :thinking:

sdsthomas says:

A post about love….that doesn’t include the word “dopamine”. Am I on the right sight? (smiling)! I love, love, love Viola Davis….I am so happy for her!

OK

jeniefrumdabloc says:

———————
    And dont forget to continue praying once you get him!!

@Man…I saw Gary Coleman’s story on “The Will” last nite. Poor guy..made me sad

:continued rant:

…yeah…when an old coot in his 60′s or 70′s…gets with a woman in her 20′s …NADA is barely said.
    But let that situation be reversed??? Huntyyyyy…. dayum double standards :cuss:

#endrant

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
    ———————
    And dont forget to continue praying once you get him!!

:yes: Family that prays together stays together :tea:

Whang :happy: Your pooch ready for surgery :hahaha:

Bootcampgirl says:

Good Morning Folks :buttshake:
    Can someone update me on the interview process?…TIA

MsB says:

And dont forget to continue praying once you get him!!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    :yes:

JenEEE :kiss:
    I kissed ya downstairs too!

Pooch is gettin an ultra-sound. She’s kinda depressed cuz Bo won’t return her calls/texts…nada. :eek:

Pickachu Tran says:

I :pray: my grandmother :pray: my mother :pray… It aint happen just yet…Must not be my time yet.

I want an Older guy myself who is established, probably has kids already because I dont want anymore I AM ONE AND DONE.. and most of the guys my age who come my way want KIDS and ISH

THE BABY BAKERY HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR GOOD :no:

_____________________________
    Wonda if that’s the prayer she sent up? All specific and what not?
    “Dear God…please make him 6 ft 2..or taller….Denzel Washington dark…and please make him like pigsfeet. Amen” :pray:

Good Morning Roses!
    jenie
    razzle dazzle
    msb
    boot
    mzwhang what std ur pooch got now! lol
    luvn :kiss:
    sdsthomas
    afiya
    kabyeyou :hump:
    man
    and anyone else i might be missing!!!

Milky!!! :hug: WUSSUP MaaM

Pickachu your prayer has already been answered :tea: He heard you. Sometimes we have to go through to get to!!!! My prayer was sent up years ago, and I am not worried. If I meet him on earth I’m good if I meet him in heaven I’m good :tea: The key is being happy with self, that way your good either way :yes:

mzwhang90210 says:

@Picka…may I ask why you wanna stop at one child?

:waves: Milkayyy…my doggy does NOT get STD’s…stop hatin!

Congrats :yahoo:

Boot I’m sorry just saw your font :waves: hey suga :hi:

Congrats MsB. May I ask how long you knew this person before deciding to marry him?

:wave:
    picka

@mzwhang is she performing surgeries now!! your pooch is multi-talented!!

_____
    I smell a dopamine set up. :kona:

Milky says:

:wave: Good Morning Ms. Sandra Mae!!!

:hahaha: @ VA chick.

@Sandra GM!!

LOL @VA Chick

I didnt Pray for my hubby :shrug: It just happened

:dead:

prayer works! GM SR & ROSES! :waves: <—prayer cloth

Pickachu Tran says:

mzwhang90210 says:

@Picka…may I ask why you wanna stop at one child?

_______________________________

I just feel ONE is enough..plus I had preeclampsia with my son in 08 and with my daughter in 09 who did NOT make it… After losing a child and going through two VERY HIGH RISK PREGNANCIES.. I dont feel the need to risk my life or my child’s life. I dont mind loving someone else’s kids.

“I said I wanted a big black man from the South who looked like a football player, who already had children, who maybe had been married before… 3 1/2 weeks later I met my husband…”-Viola Davis

:blink:
    She musta asked for “retarded” too cause that nigga look slow.

______________________________________________
    :cosign:

GOOD Grief,I have SR in my printer Que :smack: 31Pages!!! i cant cancel/delete it!!
    :crying:

Pickachu Tran says:

Milky

:happy:

WHANGDANG! :rofl: guhl what is the bitch up to nah??? is she going under the knife?? missin yo font :hug:

uVn_liFe… says:

LOL @VA Chick
    I didnt Pray for my hubby It just happened

Luvyn everyone get there blessing in different ways :yes: no ones situation is the same.

MornTing FAYYYY :hi:
    my hubby is MUCHH younger than me :tea:

Pickachu Tran says:

:preach:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

uVn_liFe… says:

LOL @VA Chick
    I didnt Pray for my hubby It just happened

Luvyn everyone get there blessing in different ways no ones situation is the same.
    ~ ~ ~
    Im AWARE Of that,I Just wanTed it Be Known

mzwhang90210 says:

@Picka… gotcha! So sorry about your loss! And it’s great you’re open and loving enough to accept a man with kids! :hugs:

@Man…sheddup SIR! :hahaha:

@jenie…

So I saw this picture of nippy online a few days ago…it said

“Congratulations to Whitney for being one year clean and sober 11/2/12-11/2/13″

:eek:

It was so disrespectful….but am I wrong for snickering? :ashamed:

_____________________________
    :hug:

mzwhang90210 says:

Amen :tea: Cause Boaz already appeared in my life, and I screwed that. You live and you learn. :tea: either way I’m good :yes:

@RAZZZLE
    :lol: thats Terrible!! U always finding some RATCHETNessss SOME wher
    IM RONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!

mzwhang90210 says:

:happy: FayFayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…got my HUGE jar of Whip…been usin it on erryyyyyyythang!
    Doggy is gettin an ultra-sound. We are worried tho…Bo done stopped returnin calls/texts…errythang. :eek:

____
    :cosign: or they assume that because they prayed the NEXT dude they meet must be the one! Done that! :nono:

@man :spank:

:wave: Milky

Thanks Sandra & VA Thickchick
    @Sandra we have known each other for over 5 years now

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

@jenie…
    So I saw this picture of nippy online a few days ago…it said
    “Congratulations to Whitney for being one year clean and sober 11/2/12-11/2/13?

Dammit man :mad: they betta leave Nippy alone she had her issues but she was one of the few that kept it real. Razz I would have snickered a bit too :ashamed:

LadieLeo says:

She musta asked for “retarded” too cause that nigga look slow.

************************
    :dead:

@VAChiCK . .
    Jilly from philly is a Mess!! I seen here perform a Few months back,that bissh CAN SANGGGGGGGGGGG!
    but she GETS IT in LOL

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

She musta asked for “retarded” too cause that nigga look slow.

And here comes the hater :tea:

goat76 says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

:blink:
    She musta asked for “retarded” too cause that nigga look slow.
    ———————–
    He ain’t big or looks like a football player. He tha same size she is. But Congrats to her.

Morning To ALL!!!

MsOnederful says:

VIVICA TAKE NOTES!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :yes: I had known my fiance for awhile and just looked at him as a friend at the time…

Milky
    Thanks Sandra & VA Thickchick
    @Sandra we have known each other for over 5 years now

:yahoo: awwwwwe I just love :love:

luVn_liFe… says:

@RAZZZLE
    thats Terrible!! U always finding some RATCHETNessss SOME wher
    IM RONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!
    ———–

I almost shared it but I couldnt do it. You know how sensitive some folk on fb can be. that shyt be funny though…I’m about to go find the mixtape yall was talmbout earlier that Gucci mane dropped :lol:

luVn_liFe… says:

@VAChiCK . .
    but she GETS IT in LOL
    Yes Ma’am! Favorite song by her is Crown Royal. whoochile Haven’t had the pleasure of seeing her in person. :cry:

Pickachu Tran says:

“Congratulations to Whitney for being one year clean and sober 11/2/12-11/2/13?

:lol: I hate it that I FIND this FUNNY…Just HATE it…

LadieLeo says:

luVn_liFe… says:

@VAChiCK . .
    but she GETS IT in LOL
    ************************
    I just heard that song yesterday on my Pandora…it was already marked as a favorite. I’m going to see her in May. She was just here a few months ago too, well up the street in St.Augustine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Friendships that turn into relationships tend to last. :yes:

Dammit man they betta leave Nippy alone she had her issues but she was one of the few that kept it real. Razz I would have snickered a bit too
    ——–

_____________________________________________
    you must go and see her she is the shait in concert. I actually think she sound betta in concert than she does on her albums. jmo

We need a :newpost:

I cant entertain this foolishness.

why can’t they let Nippy rest :crying: Whit will always be my chick :tea: Real talk

Congrats @ MsB

:waves: Goat!

:hi: @ goat

LadieLeo says:

************************
    I listened to her station on Pandora all day waiting for that song and never heard it. I felt some kinda way about it.

luVn_liFe… says:

@VAChiCK . .
    but she GETS IT in LOL

February 13, 2013 at 9:25 am
    —————

You love me, it’s special…..

WorkInProgress says:

:waves: GM Hunny Bunnies!

jeniefrumdabloc says:

why can’t they let Nippy rest Whit will always be my chick Real talk
    ________________________
    :cosign: Whitneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :wail:

@Razz
    MoFos are Too sensitive Errywhere sometimes.I suppose it depends on ______. :lol:

@VAChick
    she was PHEnoMenal!

sorry for your loss Picka :hug: i don’t blame u for feeling that way. that’s a lot to deal with…

GM Luvn! :hi: cute gravi!

WHANG :hahaha: BO waitin till the puppies is born, he heard about that bitch in the skreets! :gossip:

:waves: WIP

OAN…Viola’s hubby’s face looks familiar…but I can’t think of one show/movie…etc that I’ve seen him in :thinking:

goat76 says:

@Jenie

@MZWhang-wit-it

@Milky

How y’all fine ladies doing this A.M.?

WorkInProgress says:

Congratulations to Whitney for being one year clean and sober 11/2/12-11/2/13?
    …………..
    :spank:

LadieLeo says:

*************
    made me wanna pour up a glass but ion drink brown likker

KABYEYOU says:

@milky hey boo

luVn_liFe… says:

@VAChick
    she was PHEnoMenal!
    I’m so jealous. I can only imagine. She’s THAT chick.

@MS B
    “Sometimes God already HAS sent somebody for folks. Thang is…they’re too busy lookin for what THEY want..and miss God’s blessin!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I had known my fiance for awhile and just looked at him as a friend at the time…”

So yall “settled” huh?
    One of yall meet the right person that chit is OVA!

goat76 says:

@Jenie

@MZWhang-wit-it

@Milky

How y’all fine ladies doing this A.M.?
    I’m fantastic. (I’own care if you weren’t speaking to me.) :hahaha:

LadieLeo says:

So yall “settled” huh?
    One of yall meet the right person that chit is OVA!

****************
    dayum who pissed in your cheerios this morning

:wave: Morning GOAT
    thanXs FAYYYY
    @Vachick yup!

W.I.P. :kiss: Morning MaaM

Pickachu Tran says:

mzwhang90210 says:
    @Picka…may I ask why you wanna stop at one child?
    _______________________________

:sad: I had preeclampsia myself with my daughter, they kept me in that hosipital for 5days and my daughter was in ICU because of all of the fluid on her lungs from me. My pregnancy with her was horrid :no: Sorry to hear about your loss, Lawd knows I want another daughter, but I really hope I have enough mula for a seregant. Preclampsia sucks azzzzz! :crying:

goat76 says:

@ThickChick….you’re alright wit me. I didn’t call yo by name, but it was meant for you too!!! :hugs:

So yall “settled” huh?
    One of yall meet the right person that chit is OVA!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And then there was one :tea:

Thanks MzWhang & FayMrsWhip

WorkInProgress says:

MzWhang long time no font.
    LuVn :hug: hey Snookums
    MrsWhipfinity :kiss: on ur cheeks

LadieLeo says:

So yall “settled” huh?
    One of yall meet the right person that chit is OVA!

****************
    dayum who pissed in your cheerios this morning
    ~ ~ ~
    girl Ya’ll goTTA laugh wit MAN or ignore his FONT,who is who He is . .
    :hi: MAN

Pickachu Tran says:

LadieLeo says:

So yall “settled” huh?
    One of yall meet the right person that chit is OVA!

****************
    dayum who pissed in your cheerios this morning

****************

:lol: he all grumpy and shyt..I hope cupid shoots MAN right in the azz tomorrow…

Goat you better quit fonting like that, might have to throw my
    panties>>>>>> :waves: at the screen :hahaha:

@LADIE LEO
    Friendship relationships equal “settled.”
    :shrugs:

@Man ole sour ass :hater:

WorkInProgress says:

Congrats Mrs. B hope you are both blessed with everlasting love.
    Pichachu I understand your pain baby. I had a miscarriage and was so scared to get pregnant again. But the good Lord saw fit to bless me with a healthy baby girl and I am stopping at one.

@TRAN
    ” he all grumpy and shyt..I hope cupid shoots MAN right in the azz tomorrow…”
    ________

:nono:
    Goin to Kellz concert with my “friend” tomorrow.

I did it too. I’m not ashamed about the fact that being single with a long term jump off situation started getting on my cotdamn nerves. After finally dumping the jumpoff who was a professional man that thought I wasn’t good enough to wife because I had children I met someone and fell in love. It didn’t work out, but after it was over I realized that I liked being in love again and I wanted it permanently. So I too sent up a prayer for a husband. My guy is a mostly reformed gangster/blue color dude. I have always lusted over guys who looked dirty from work. There’s something really manly about that. So like Vi I got what I wanted. Prayer with surrender works.

Lawd knows I want another daughter

Dont fret. I had terrible Pre-E with the first and none whatsoever with the others. :)

Well I hope Cupid tap me right in the cat. Send him my way. :yes:

KABYEYOU says:

@otb whats up Virgo :wink:

@jen what up lady

everyone else WHATUP DOE

WorkInProgress says:

:hi: Milky and OTB.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@LADIE LEO
    Friendship relationships equal “settled.”
    ———–

:thumbsup: <- really my milla fanga.

might have to throw my
    panties>>>>>>

Who is this?? Where is Jenie?? :hahaha: :hug:

goat76 says:

@Luvin…. I try to keep my composure when I speak to you..Good Morning :hugs:

@Jenie….as long as they’re some sessy panties!!

Thanks! WIP

Careful @Man. :stop: I bruise easily.

@OTB
    “Well I hope Cupid tap me right in the cat. Send him my way. ”

:pc: <<<call me "Cupid"

goat76 says:

Ok, I’ll allow it. #proceed
    :happy:

Nakeya_j says:

Good Morning Roses!!! (again) lol :wave:

Oooh its so nice in here.. :hi: :hug: everyone. *big dumb grin*

I just found out the sex of the twins! GIRLS IDENTICAL!! :happy:

________________________

Girl nothing like a man that likes to get down and dirty :yahoo: not these lazy azz men that wanna sit at a desk :nono: pay folks to cut the grass and ish. Want even wash ya car or get it washed. :tea: Men these days and before the men go there, I can cook, clean, in school, manage my own money, loves to fawk, and has a mean head game :tea: Plenty to offer. Unfortunately folks are not offering much these days :no:

KABYEYOU says:

@milky you preggo?

Virgo
    ______

:hahaha: I’m not tho! @KAB. Im serious. Scouts honor. @BadInfluence, my good girl fran, is a Virgo.. :tea: I overstand the attraction to those of that sign.

LadieLeo says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@LADIE LEO
    Friendship relationships equal “settled.”

***************************
    ion agree, who the hell wanna marry someone they aren’t friends with. hell a hunch is a hunch that don’t equal a relationship. Someone you can count on as a friend is the one you want a relationship with. But hell that’s just my opinion…..what I know :tea:

KABYEYOU says:

@nak sup lady

@mzwhang head nod

Milky says:

I just found out the sex of the twins! GIRLS IDENTICAL!!

:shock: you having twin girls

Pickachu Tran says:

Thanks ya’ll :hug: I dont wish losing a child on my worst enemy… I held her for over an hour before I actually let the nurse take her away.

mzwhang90210

:hi: Your poochie is looking like she’s about to be violated in a sterile environment. God bless that doggie supermodel.

:hi: KABYEYOU

KABYEYOU says:

@otb whats your sign

GIRLS IDENTICAL!!

:cheers: *starts to make matching everything* :eek: Us gone have some twin gran-girls!

WorkInProgress says:

S:N I contemplated not wearing pannies to work today. Hubby fugged me into a stupor this morning and I think sassu needed to breathe :love:

KABYEYOU says:

@otb whats up Virgo
    @jen what up lady
    everyone else WHATUP DOE

:waves: Morning how are you :hug:

:facepalm:

Gravatar will not work for me… and I have THE GREATEST PICTURE OF ALL TIME to put up. :wtf:

:mad:

But hell that’s just my opinion…..what I know

I like it. I def. need my partna to be my friend.

whats your sign

Cancer. Right on the cusp of Gemini. :huh: :eek:

KABYEYOU says:

@milky you preggo?
    hell naw!!! grandgirls. im done having children!

lylas says:

My step mother told me she prayed for my daddy. And she told me to pray for a husband and BE SPECIFIC when asking God what you want in a husband. I pretty much got what I prayed for with the exclusiion of a step daughter. I didnt ask for that. :lol: But we all know God has a sense of humor. Having her in my life helped me prepare for my own daughters.

Prayer works, but make sure you asked God specifically.

Pickachu Tran says:

Milky says:

I just found out the sex of the twins! GIRLS IDENTICAL!!

______________________________

CONGRATS Milky :hug: Lawd bless your heart you will get NO sleep

LadieLeo says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Milky says:

I just found out the sex of the twins! GIRLS IDENTICAL!!

***********************************
    Congrats….I just love other people kids, those are my fav kinds :yes:

WorkInProgress says:

:yahoo: TWINS Milky!!!! God bless you and Congrats again!

:yahoo:

TA-WIIIIINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

Unfortunately folks are not offering much these days

*shakes head in disgust* The married man..well I dont see him anymore so stop JM :lol: ..he asked me out for a Valentine’s date.. on Feb. 15th. :no: Piece.of.chit.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Girl nothing like a man that likes to get down and dirty not these lazy azz men that wanna sit at a desk pay folks to cut the grass and ish. Want even wash ya car or get it washed. Men these days and before the men go there, I can cook, clean, in school, manage my own money, loves to fawk, and has a mean head game Plenty to offer. Unfortunately folks are not offering much these days
    …………………….

Chile you sound like me. Let me tell you, there is a man out there that will appreciate that shat to the fullest. Especially that head game and the cooking.

KABYEYOU says:

@VaThickChick whats up with you sweetheart, what part of Va are you from

:yahoo: Congrats Milky!!!!

Team Cancer!!!

Diva says:

:wave: good morning and happy :hump: day

Diva says:

Congrats Milky…we are having twin grandwomen!!!!! :buttshake:

Milky says:

For yall that dont know i was upset a few months ago when my oldest son(20yrs old) got this random chick knocked up. We just found out the sex of the babies yesterday!! IDENTICAL GURLS!! :dancing: I have all boys so a girl is so exciting to me!

Nakeya_j says:

@Bird and Jenie That’s my guy!!! He is like babe, I will take care of everything else, all I want you to do is feed me and the kids and keep my house and clothes clean. He is a working someone. I LOVE when he comes home smelling like he was working hard!!! Whooo chile!!!!

Pickachu Tran says:

Milky says:

O gran-TWINS…WELL CONGRATS… your son will get no sleep then

iyonah says:

People always says this, I tried it :|

Nakeya_j says:

—-
    CONGRATS MILKY!!!!! I’m hiting the dougie for you right now!!!! Lets drink to that!!!

flyygirl says:

praying for a husband does work. a closed mouth doesnt get fed. i prayed for my husband after dating the wrong guy and i was very specific. i even went as far as to how i wanted my husband to look. i got just what i asked for and we are happily married. little did i know that my husband was praying for a wife at the same time that i was praying for him. God is good. And He can will give you your desires if you stay in his will and have the faith of a mustard seed.

MsB2u says:

I guess that’s true I married a older man 11 years ago and he is the best I Luvs me some him

3halos says:

jeniefrumdabloc, you AINT NEVER lied about men not offering much these days. I’m right there with you along skillsets and what I offer and I own 2 businesses so my work ethic is on point!

The last three dudes I’ve dated were 1) a metro-sexual doctor who had no patience and didn’t like to get his hands (or anything…) dirty and used this special paint in his head to create a dayum hairline (I kid not). He was packing the heat but acted like a little girl to the point of me questioning his sexuality. Needed constant reassurance that he was loved and took 100 pictures of himself weekly to share with friends… no exaggeration.

2) some MMA fighter with all the right body parts EXCEPT A BRAIN. Had adhd, anxiety issues and everything else that prevented him from waking up BEFORE 1PM. Also had a son out of freaking control and didn’t take care of him or help him. Blamed all the medical issues on the fact that he wasn’t able to cope with stressful situations…HUH?

and 3) an uptight arrogant statistician who was all brains and NOTHING else….piss poor fawker… thought he was giving me the business, sweating bullets and ish with his stiff, non-rhythmic boring behind. I guess he thought since he made good money that he could be lacking in the bedroom, conversation and personality areas. He was socially awkward too and laughed like Erkel when in the company of friends. Would put up his hands and tell people to shutup if you talked about something he didn’t want to discuss because it was “BENEATH him”. Thought poorly of people who weren’t educated or from a certain “bracket”. EMBARRASSING. Judgmental Fishbowl living mfer couldn’t keep HIS own house clean or in order either.

He saw that my 6 year old was cleaning her room at my house like a cadet one time so he decided to take this mentality home to his house right… because he saw how I gave him the side-eye with his spoiled, arrogant children…So he decided to employ some ‘changes’ at his house in an attempt to impress me. He hadn’t even taught his 17 year old son to EVER mow the grass. He’s got a beamer in the garage and designer clothes but didn’t even take the trash out. The kids told me they were use to maids doing it. The son stood there asking what he was suppose to do…crooked azz lines and ish all up and down the lawn. I was over there one day and the the 15 year old daughter was going to mop her floor and said, “wish me luck”. I said for what…she goes, well, like…I’ve never done this before so I hope I do it right. I was like..WT Entire F is this sorry azz man teaching his kids (or not).

I’mma start praying alright. I’m going to light some candles, get on my knees and be so specific about the next man in my life and leave NO ROOM FOR ERROR.

Miapluck says:

She’s beautiful, kinda reminds me of a different shade Angela Bassett…