Volkswagen XL1 Hybrid

Today, Volkswagen revealed the production version of the new VW Beetle, called the XL1, and it's attracting a lot of attention. The new electric and diesel gas-powered hybrid isn't exactly ready to roll down the assembly line (and into your garage) just yet. There are still some details left for VW to work out -- such as the sticker price for this beauty.

Volkswagen XL1 Hybrid

The XL1, which will be built by hand in a German factory, comes equipped with 2 seats and "scissor" doors for quick access. VW estimates the XL1 can get 261 miles to the gallon, which would make the XL1 the world's most energy-efficient automobile.

The car's carbon fiber body and low drag coefficient allows the XL1 to travel 31 miles on electricity alone, and over 310 miles on a tank of fuel.

The Yahoo Autos article mentions loads of technical details and stats about the new VW hybrid, but the most interesting bit of information is this: if you are ever trapped in the car after an accident, "the scissor doors can be blasted open with explosive bolts." That's good to know.

Volkswagen XL1 Hybrid

But that efficiency comes with a few sacrifices, with speed first among them. Together, the electric motor and engine produce 68 hp and 103 lb-ft of torque. VW says that's enough to launch the XL1 to 62 mph in 12.7 seconds — although it suggests not doing so. Top speed is limited to 99 mph. And the two seat interior of the XL1 has to look stylish, because there's nothing behind the seats; the XL1 will offer a limited amount of space under the hood. To save weight further, only a cutout of the windows roll down, like the old Subaru SVX.

• Celebrity Cars Edition: Kim Kardashian
  • Tiny To Keisha: ‘Baby, You Can Drive My Car’
  • Soulja Boy wrecks prized Bentley by crashing into pregnant woman
  • Bobbi Kristina Wrecks Car, Compares Herself to Jesus
    • http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhZQ6HOYm7bS7Q9AsG Bedazzled His Razzle

:think:

I dont like the shape of this car.

• Just Looking

Me don't like it either Razzle :nono:

• WUT U TALKIN BOUT?!

The ass is all wrong... :no:

• LadieLeo

Child boo....them things break down frequently and cost a lot to repair....so I was told :tea:

• Gigi26

Yeah I have nothing.

• 100% usa made!

It's like something out of the Jetson's

• 100% usa made!

It's like something out of the Jetson's

• LadieLeo

There are still some details left for VW to work out — such as the sticker price for this beauty.
      ***************

• http://pearlswindow.com Carrington

Atrocious! No thanks.

it has no elegance

Carrington says:

Atrocious! No thanks.
      -----------------
      You are correct sir! no thanks! Your gravi is cute tho :yea:

this car reminds me of when I was in highschool and me and my hunny_____________________ and it wasnt enough room. same color car and everything. :yes:

• OutsidetheBox

VW says that’s enough to launch the XL1 to 62 mph in 12.7 seconds — although it suggests not doing so. Top speed is limited to 99 mph.

:nono:

• Cubarican

Don't sleep on the hybrids now.... I LOVE my 47-50mpg. I really liked it until I saw the back. It looks like it belongs in the next transformers.

So are Kia’s gonna have scissor doors now too

Cause thats what THEY do. Copy everything on every car popular. I hate Kias. :lol:

------------
      Shuuuiiiiddd! Hold on to yo wigs grandma!!! we about to win a race with a bicycle! :steer:

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

:steer: <---me driving that car if they paid me

DIMPZ! :hug: good aftanoon m'lady!

JUST! :woohoo: hey sug!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

<--- one of my cars is a VW and NEVER had any major problems. Im not sure how I feel about this car though :think:

• http://gravatar.com/caramelcutie Caramel Cutie

It's cute but not for me. I am in my childbearing years

• ReadingIsFundamental

Suicide car

• 100% usa made!

Cubarican says:

Don’t sleep on the hybrids now…. I LOVE my 47-50mpg. I really liked it until I saw the back. It looks like it belongs in the next transformers.
      --------------
      It like a girl with to much hydro-gel... the ass don't fit the frame...

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

So are Kia’s gonna have scissor doors now too

my 1st time doing that whole +1 thingy! :grill:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

The best fuel efficient cars are the ugliest ... in my opinion

-----------------
      Depends on how big his dyck is...helll anything can be over looked.. :coffee:

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

:no: not unless him named Blake Griffin :love:

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

oh, OTB have u heard about rooibos tea for hair??

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

—————–
      Depends on how big his dyck is…helll anything can be over looked..
      --------------
      My husband has a 2011 Kia :tea:

• Cubarican

-----------

I almost much rather you have an older anything else than a new KIA. Like it just smells like you opt for cheap and poorly made things in life.

----------
      Hell I had an ex with a fukin Festiva... As long as that bytch got him to my house to screw and back... it was all good. :nono: We never went anywhere in that bytch together though...

________

*screams* NO!

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

:cuss: this dude been up hurr cleaning the fukkin windows since 12:00. aint THAT much cleanin in the damn wurl craig! :blink:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

—————–
      Depends on how big his dyck is…helll anything can be over looked..
      ————–
      My husband has a 2011 Kia

---------------------------
      Dyck that good huh? :rofl:

• 100% usa made!

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

not unless him named Blake Griffin

How can Blake even fit into a KIA, isn't he like 6'7" or something, :hahaha"

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

Like it just smells like you opt for cheap and poorly made things in life.

• OutsidetheBox

Depends on how big his dyck is…helll anything can be over looked..

His dick cant save yall when the Kia go rogue. :eek: You cant even count on the Kia to stay on the road if'n you "playing" with him.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOU06sZ2_c 69

To ALL my fellow Atlantans...

Who the fck is Baton Bob and what the fck is he doing here :waiting:

• Ty

Kia has came a long way...they have the best warranty along with Hyundai :thumbsup: I still think they're better for teens straight outta HS though

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

----------------
      Peeping Tom
      Spy
      Lazy bastid trying to stretch a whole day outta one window? :shrug:

• http://gravatar.com/caramelcutie Caramel Cutie

****
      Im not superficial so if he's a good man and is working toward something, then yes. I dont judge the character of ppl by their collection of material possessions.

• 100% usa made!

I never did understand why they have basketball players endorsing sedan cars! Ya'll know Shaq ain't driving a buick or cadillac or whatever car he is endorsing nowadays

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

not unless him named Blake Griffin

How can Blake even fit into a KIA, isn’t he like 6’7? or something

:rofl: if Shaq's big ass can get in that damn Buick, YEW gonna let Blake & his Kia be great! :lol:

he look so cute in all him commercials. i think he gettin the big head tho. at which point my crush will officially be over. :tea:

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt7Dx_uK5Y MzDimplez1123

HEY FAY HEY! :hug:

37 WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

—————–
      Depends on how big his dyck is…helll anything can be over looked..
      ————–
      My husband has a 2011 Kia

—————————
      Dyck that good huh? :rofl:
      -------------
      :yes:

High school sweethearts :lol: it's better than that other sh*tty sh*t he had before... I aint gotta drive it either. I have me a nice buick :tea:

rooibos tea
      ________

Do you have some? :wail: I WANT! I use regular old black tea but somebody told me rooibos is good for my psoriasis!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOU06sZ2_c 69

I'd drive a 2003 Honda or Toyota before I drive a 2013 KIA or Hyundai :nono:

• 100% usa made!

So what if he drove a KIA and had bad breath all of the time, but he had a cute face?

• OutsidetheBox

My girlfriend has a Soul (the hamster car). I just dont trust the Koreans. :no: I have seen Kias almost kill ppl.

• WUT U TALKIN BOUT?!

Depends on how big his dyck is…helll anything can be over looked..

His dick cant save yall when the Kia go rogue. You cant even count on the Kia to stay on the road if’n you “playing” with him.
      -----------------
      :rofl: Rouge Kia :hahaha: dis tha shyt you say to hurt me everyday!!!!

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

—————-
      Peeping Tom
      Spy
      Lazy bastid trying to stretch a whole day outta one window?

:rofl: u been talkin to mr fayfay huh? that ninja said the same shat! :rofl:

he said it's because i got on my tidday shirt :boobs:

• OutsidetheBox

My sentiments exactly. Especially from a man (stereotyping here)..

• 100% usa made!

Caramel Cutie says:

****
      Im not superficial so if he’s a good man and is working toward something, then yes. I dont judge the character of ppl by their collection of material possessions.

:applause:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

Depends on how big his dyck is…helll anything can be over looked..

—————–
      Rouge Kia dis tha shyt you say to hurt me everyday!!!!
      ----------
      :ghost:

-------------------
      If the dyck was nice... :think: I'd say keep some altoids in your pocket, Triple A on speed dial and work that shyt out! :rofl:

• 100% usa made!

My sentiments exactly. Especially from a man (stereotyping here)

:cosign:

• MissHarlem

NO to Kia I repeat NO to Kia. One and only time I drove one (rental was being cheap thats what I get) everytime a truck passed us the whole fckn car shook and you have to have 2 hands on the steer so it wont swerve. I drive with about 3-4 fingaa so 2 hands is a bit much

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

OTB :tea: <---rooibos guhl it ILL goot tew. i've left the box up hurr. imma take a couple bags home this weekend tho bc i finally get to do my hair. it's been 2 whole weeks! :crying:

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy says:

—————-
      Peeping Tom
      Spy
      Lazy bastid trying to stretch a whole day outta one window?

u been talkin to mr fayfay huh? that ninja said the same shat!

he said it’s because i got on my tidday shirt
      ---------------
      :rofl: Girl Check to see if he smiling and rubbing the window all slow n chyt... if he is... it's the :boobs:

Im not superficial

Youre tots superficial but ok. :lol:

• OutsidetheBox

dis tha shyt you say to hurt me everyday!!!!

_________

I just want yall to live to blog another day. :lol: Full disclosure: Really bad accident involving a Kia. :lol: We almost died man. :lol:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

37 WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

—————–
      Depends on how big his dyck is…helll anything can be over looked..
      ————–
      My husband has a 2011 Kia

—————————
      Dyck that good huh?
      ————-

High school sweethearts it’s better than that other sh*tty sh*t he had before… I aint gotta drive it either. I have me a nice buick

----------------------
      Buicks are comfortable rides.. :yes:
      What kind of Kia he got?

• MissHarlem

69 chiittttt my old 1992 Honda in Miami is better than a 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 etc Kia

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOU06sZ2_c 69

Question

What's the biggest ding dong you ever had? Was it everything you wanted it to be or was it too much to handle? :waiting:

it's been 2 whole weeks!

:hahaha: Natural problems or sumfin?

• http://www.youtube.com/embed/ghrDIQ-K8mg Bedazzled His Razzle

I jsut watched the scariest video ever and added it to my link.... :no: check it if you dare :lol:

• OutsidetheBox

Buicks are comfortable rides..

_________
      :yea: IF I see a man in a good ole regal or sumfin, :yes: he family minded. :lol:

• OutsidetheBox

Just checked @Razz's link realllll close checking for me and my family. :hahaha:

• http://www.youtube.com/embed/ghrDIQ-K8mg Bedazzled His Razzle

@Wut- 2011 Optima.... He had the nerve to call it Optimus :smack: nerd ass

• sweetsjunkie

Happy Birthday to me!!!! I just realized my login works. Thanks Sandra

69 says:

Question

What’s the biggest ding dong you ever had? Was it everything you wanted it to be or was it too much to handle?
      ----------------
      My children father shit laid over his navel... :coffee: I had to ride him... He got bent one night and boy... I don't think my guts have moved back in place yet... that was years ago..

• http://www.youtube.com/embed/ghrDIQ-K8mg Bedazzled His Razzle

Just checked @Razz’s link realllll close checking for me and my family. :hahaha:
      ---------------

The wedding at Wal-Mart though??! :rofl:

• OutsidetheBox

"Ian". I was 19. We were all ready but something (Gawd?) made me turn on the lights just one more time..He had a red condom on it and :eek:

:nono: :woohoo: <--running away.

He was soooooo mad at me. :hahaha: I STILL get clowned about that.

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

:newpost:

• 100% usa made!

:newpost: is up - Kim K.

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

@Wut- 2011 Optima…. He had the nerve to call it Optimus nerd ass
      -------------------
      I love nerds... (my tecky is one)great attentive lovers... :yea:

• http://www.youtube.com/embed/ghrDIQ-K8mg Bedazzled His Razzle

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

69 says:

Question

—————-
      My children father **** laid over his navel… I had to ride him… He got bent one night and boy… I don’t think my guts have moved back in place yet… that was years ago..
      ----------
      my ex that I was speaking of earlier...ripped some ish.. :ashamed:

:no:

2011 Optima

Those look good on the road. :yes: That car is ranked like #13 in US.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT5U4JOjK8 JMO

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOU06sZ2_c 69

Harlem

The Koreans, Germans, nor us can fck with the Japanese when it comes to cars. :nono:

Them Honda's and Yotas go forever. Bitches be 20 years old, rusted, beat up and still riding with no smoke out the exhaust. Them Japs don't play about their chit. Them damn Fords and Chevys be knocking and rattling :hahaha: