Erkes Antwon Green Mark Arum

A savvy identity thief who stole the identity of a local reporter to purchase a Mercedes was released from jail last week, the Atlanta Journal-Consitution reports.

Erkes Antwon Green, 28, (pictured left) was released from DeKalb jail on $105,000 bond on March 3, despite evidence that he stole the identities of 142 people to file bogus tax returns and purchase at least 3 luxury cars.

Police believe Green was working with a network of identity thieves who bilked the federal government out of millions of dollars in fraudulent refund checks.

“He can be anybody he wants to be,” Detective Ken Stapler with the Atlanta Police Department’s major fraud unit told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He’s got (at least) 142 [identities] that I counted.”

Stapler told the AJC he arrested Green on Feb. 28 after he opened a “SunTrust bank account online using a stolen ID, deposited a stolen check for $46,000 and later trying to make ATM withdrawals.”

“He was able to get about $14,000 from the ATM before the bank realized that the check was no good,” Stapler told the AJC.

Police tracked Stapler to his high end apartment, where they found a file cabinet filled with stolen identities and other evidence.

And that wasn’t all: “While we’re in the apartment, we discover that he’s furnished the whole apartment using stolen identities,” Stapler said. “The vehicle he was driving when we located him is a 2010 Mercedes E-550 that he bought with a stolen identity. And that victim lives here in Atlanta.”

Among the victims whose identity was stolen was Mark Arum, a reporter for WSB TV in Atlanta (pictured above right). Green allegedly used Arum’s identity to purchase a $73,000 Mercedes-Benz in Fort Lauderdale.

“In Sept. 2011, I got a call from the Georgia Department of Revenue saying they were suspending my registration because I had stopped paying for insurance on my Mercedes,” Arum told the AJC. “I said, ‘wait a minute. That’s not my car.’”

Green also allegedly filed a tax return in Arum’s name, using false information to obtain a $9,000 tax refund.

Stapler said Green and his ring of thieves stole identities by using a piece of computer technology called a “keystroke grabber”.

“You plug this thing into the back of a computer where the USB cable would go,” Stapler told the AJC. “He can leave it there for as long as he wants, and nobody’s going know unless they look on the back of their computer.”

Green, who was a former waiter in Florida, may have stolen identities through his job handling credit card transactions. He has been arrested multiple times in communities all along the coast of Florida.

Stapler believes Green and his ring of thieves gained access to individual’s personal credit files and bank information by working at temp agencies.

“A lot of times, what these people do is get hired on with a temp agency. A temp agency may work in an office building cleaning up after hours.
“Once (one of the would-be ID thieves) gets in the door, he’s got access to those computers. Anytime nobody is looking, he could put the keystroke grabber on.”

Stapler is disappointed that Green was released back into the wild. “It appears we’re going to have to find him all over again when I get ready to arrest him for the Fulton County cases,” Stapler said.

“Oh, he’s gone,” said WSB’s Mark Arum.

“I don’t feel violated … just annoyed,” Arum told the AJC. “To this day, I still get calls from debt collectors wanting payment for that car, even though that all been resolved through the credit agencies.”

Arum had valuable advice for potential victims:

“This was preventable if I had frozen my credit beforehand,” he said of the inexpensive procedure that prevents credit inquiries until a password is provided. “Everyone should freeze their credit to make sure this doesn’t happen to them.” Source

• Russian Website Publishes Credit Reports of Celebrities and Public Officials
  • Kevin Hart Threatens to Sue Everybody for Reposting His Anti Black Woman Cartoon
  • T-Boz and Bow Wow are flat broke
  • White man who robbed six banks disguised as a black man faces 35 years in prison

91 Responses to “Identity thief filed ‘hundreds’ of bogus tax returns; Used ID of local reporter to purchase $73K Mercedes”

Dayum thats a lot to read
      :blink:

And they let that ninja right back out?
      :blink:

cougar lover says:

if you got bad credit like me you aint gotta worry bout that stuff. identity thief me and see how many, “Were sorry but at this time,” responses you get :hahaha:

@ cougar lover: That’s why I believe this “network” of identity thieves are working right in the credit reporting agencies, like Equifax, where they know exactly what kind of credit you have.

he looks certifiable

VDot says:

His eyes are way too close together. :eek:

Lawd I was just reading this story on AJC :tea: I hate thieves :mad:

:wail: <— Green’s face when the repo man showed up to tow his Mercedes.

cougar lover says:

Chile all I know is my account has been got twice withing 2months and my credit not A-1 them fawkas. A thief will still anything from anybody

This fool didn’t say let me fly under the radar and buy a regular Mercedes, he buys the top-of-the-line Mercedes. :no:

He looks like the token black dude on the Power Rangers Samurai series….

Yea, my kid makes me watch it. :tea:

Former Morning Glory, Aspiring Friend Of The Board says:

If only Erkes would use his powers for good deeds :smack: or at least better hustles. Buying cars, furniture…He only had to do this ish once or twice and use the money to make money. I had this discussion with you the other day @Sandra when you said folks were trying to open up dept store accts with Beyonces social. My people are hustling backwards :smack: again…Anyway…For those who claim Brandy’s eyes are too far apart, I take it he’s the exact polar opposite :think:

Steal* and they even compromised my government credit card :no: I had to freeze my credit, just a bunch of other stuff :no:

Ty says:

Yep and he is probably in another state living off somebody elses identity as I font :shotsfired:

Still trying to figure why the bond was so low :shrug:

——–
      He should have bought a Bru-ick

Former Morning Glory, Aspiring Friend Of The Board says:

I bet Erkes can’t look at both of a woman’s breasts without having to move his head a little :hahaha:
      #tunnelvision

Ty says:

Still trying to figure why the bond was so low

Makes me wonder if they have enough evidence :shrugs: hell sounds like enough to not even get bond

LSLH says:

Sandra that was a good read! Wowwwww. This negro ran through everyone on the Florida coast! This is a lesson learned. I only froze my ATT account. I should know better.

————
      I. HATE. YOU!!!!

Former Morning Glory, Aspiring Friend Of The Board says:

#tunnelvision

:hahaha: :rofl: :rofl: Lawd!!!

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

<< that nigg eyes

:ghost:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

<< that nigg eyes

—————–

Could that niggah see how to drive the mercedes with his eyes like that? :rofl:

cougar lover says:

sandra

somebody in the equifax office may be involved with some of the identity thieving. prolly selling those SSN numbers to the black market, just like those nigerians who hack online stores to steal and sell credit card numbers.

KayCeiSoul says:

Hey y’all! :waves:

He is what you define as a bonafide “Stunt Queen”

I am astounded that he got a bond. He should have been put under the courthouse FIRST, and then under the jail.

This thang knew what it was! First thang he bought off the stunt money was a MAC box. He is somewhere in a skirt, a sick weave, legs crossed, in a size 14 Loubouton sipping a ****tail. :coffee:

He ain’t stuttin’ the wurl.

Miany says:

soooo I done scrolled back up to look at his eyes in the pic and yeah…Yall tryna get me fired.

NaijaGal says:

:blink:

MsOnederful says:

Top of the line Auntie is the S class Mercedez. E class hovers around the middle. My brother in law has a S 430. S 550 is the highest and then I believe the maybach is after.

KayCei :heart:

KyCakes says:

Could that niggah see how to drive the mercedes with his eyes like that? :rofl:
      ———————————————————————
      As long as he doesn’t have to switch lanes or merge into traffic, he good :lol:

Ty says:

:rofl: @ BrenBren and the midget half stepper :crying: P

WUT IZ THA PROBLEM!? says:

cougar lover says:

sandra

—————-
      You know they are. I have heard of people who work there getting paid on the side to go into your file and deleting debt off your credit.

Yall stupid as fawk :rofl: :rofl:

Ty says:

Hey Kay :wave:

Gigi26 says:

:no: DAMN!!!! :blink: I have no words…this nigga was living good off the high hog

<— Green’s face when the repo man showed up to tow his Mercedes.

——-

Nope, he borrowed somebody else face… this is said but what people don't know is this siwhy it's so hard to open bank accounts and loans because prior to the recession people went ham stealing folks info taking out bogus loans and dpositing bad checks… I shut down many of peoples stuff…

that_VA_thickchick says:

cougar lover says:

_______
      Girl…dude asked me to get him a loan with my job. I said I don’t work for a bank. We loan the banks money. He said “well my bank must need a loan cause every time I ask for money they tell me I can’t have none.” :lol:

KyCakes says:

Diva says:

Could that niggah see how to drive the mercedes with his eyes like that?
      ———————————————————————
      As long as he doesn’t have to switch lanes or merge into traffic, he good
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I guess his azz would be driving all day long on one road :rofl:

Gigi26 says:

His head looks too big for his face, there’s a lot of space left :lol:

cougar lover says:

nope s65 amg is the highest before, well maybachs have been discontinued so…

KyCakes says:

@Ty that gravi slays me ery’ time :rofl: :ghost:

Say word??? OMGawd I wish I knew a b!tch! I would pay!!! I got ONE collection item. :cry: Stupid ass apartment complex…I left my whole security deposit (tryna move out of state in a hurry) and them bastids sent me a bill. :cuss: I AINT EVAH PAYING THAT ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN DOLLARS AND THIRTY-TWO CENTS. :cuss:

When that chit possed to fall of anyway? Been forever! :wail:

Ty says:

Diva says:

Could that niggah see how to drive the mercedes with his eyes like that?
      *scrolls back up* :crying: Diva his eyes are sitting on top of each other :hahaha:

Former Morning Glory, Aspiring Friend Of The Board says:

Booking officer: Mr Green, please look into the camera.
      Erkes: I AM!!! :mad:

I don’t trust dudes whose first names I cannot pronounce. That’s why I don’t like Shawty Lo baby mama or Ludchris long suffering girlfriend

Gigi26 says:

DAMN!!!! I have no words…this nigga was living good off the high hog

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That hog gone get slaughtered when they find his azz! :hahaha:

cougar lover says:

<–is not female

Booking officer: Mr Green, please look into the camera.
      Erkes: I AM!!!

_________
      :rofl: :rofl:

His eyes are stolen… He got one of Alicia Keyes eyes and half of Forest Whitaker eye…

MissTaken says:

_____________________________________________________________
      Auntie I guess he said if he was going to do it he would do it big. I’d rather go to jail having LIVED (shout out to Blu Rain) than to not have and be riding around in a Kia hatchback with 1 million dollars in the glove box. :danban1:

GellySammich says:

Gigi26 says:
      His head looks too big for his face, there’s a lot of space left
      :crying: I love you for this. That’s EXACTLY what’s wrong!!

WUT IZ THA PROBLEM!? says:

Say word??? OMGawd I wish I knew a b!tch! I would pay!!! I got ONE collection item. Stupid ass apartment complex…I left my whole security deposit (tryna move out of state in a hurry) and them bastids sent me a bill. I AINT EVAH PAYING THAT ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN DOLLARS AND THIRTY-TWO CENTS.

When that chit possed to fall of anyway? Been forever!
      ————
      Suppose to fall off in seven years…

MsOnederful says:

A few weeks ago..I went to the grocery for some cereal and milk and used my debit card because I did not have any cash on me. Swiped the card…declined. Did it 3 more times declined. This account had well over 3G’s in at the time and I knew something was wrong. This was a Saturday..so embarrassing. Went home called the bank they said they cut my card off because someone attempted to use my number in Home Depot and Target the day before 60 miles away from where I swiped my card at a mcdonalds a half hour earlier. The bank saw that it was virtually impossible for me to be in that location and cut my card off but neglected to tell a bish. Had me looking all crazy in Walbaums. These thieves are getting to crafty now I tell you. Needless to say I have two debit cards. One thats activated and one thats not just in case. Cuz babyyyyyyyy……..

Ty says:

Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen) says:

U think they rotate like Bob’s :think:

Ty says:

Diva says:

Could that niggah see how to drive the mercedes with his eyes like that?
      *scrolls back up* Diva his eyes are sitting on top of each other

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      therefore that nucca shouldn’t be allowed to driver…PERIOD :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

NaijaGal says:

===============================
      :casket:

if somebody steal your credits do you get new credits?

*counts on fangas* Who I need to call? :waiting: I just pulled my credit report in January and its still there. :cuss: I was gonna buy a car for me and my purse this summer. :cry:

Diva says:

having LIVED (shout out to Blu Rain)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Let lying dogs lie please :rofl:

Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen) says:

if somebody steal your credits do you get new credits?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :ghost: going up yonder

Gigi26 says:

@MSOnedaful: SON that happened to me once too!! Some puta tried to buy a ticket to Peru and Citibank called me quick fast n in a hurry to let me know…they were real good with it. Too bad a bish was in Lucky Strikes and I just ordered some boneless buffalo wings. I was HOT over that mess. The rest of my wknd was blown after that :no:

@Couga I like when you be like I aint no phish. :lol: Dont ever answer the question or respond just be like look i am not a female. :hahaha:

Ty says:

Aint no such thing as halfway crooks :whistle:

:danban:

that_VA_thickchick says:

cougar lover says:

<–is not female
      _______

My bad. I knew that. Force of habit. Sowwwy :hug:

KyCakes says:

———————————————————————
      If the apartment complex sold your debt to another collection agency for pennies on the dollar, the seven year countdown starts all over again….

:hahaha: :rofl: :crying:

yaw some damn fewls on this hurr blog mk?!

BRENDEN & KAY KAY I HATECHALL! :love:

cougar lover says:

<–is not female

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      shhhhhh don't tell em….I'm the only one that need to know :rofl:

Ty says:

Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen) says:

if somebody steal your credits do you get new credits?
      :crying: Where da hell u been Dawn :hahaha:

:no: I dont think you get new credit. They make the vicim bear the brunt of the damage imo.

Former Morning Glory, Aspiring Friend Of The Board says:

When that chit possed to fall of anyway? Been forever!

:hi: first…i don’t blame you for not paying based off the principalities of things…I usta work for a legit credit cleaning co in college…from what I remember…if debt collectors make contact with you, or the debt is sold from agency to agency to agency…the new drop off date starts from selling point not point of origin….

GellySammich says:

and something from the Stephane Rolland line :waiting:

NaijaGal says:

:newpost: is up Method Man’s tally wacker

good aftnanoons yaw! :waves: <—my credik sco' (-12 so i aint EEM worried bout this hurr)

:steer: chamone OTB, we finna go FINE that heffa at Equifax!

Ty says:

Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen) says:

if somebody steal your credits do you get new credits?
      Where da hell u been Dawn

———-

TRYING TO RAISE MY fico enough so somebody can buy a kia of my credit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      You get to place a fraud alert on your bureau and no accounts can be opened until you give permission, but if yo credit jacked up by someone else who gone give you credit…so yep the victim is bears the brunt damage.

Ty says:

:hug: @ Fay

:dead: Dawn

*mouth on the fukking floor* How I know if they did that? *clenched jaws* I was going to pay it ..dude called me and he told me what the debt was for and I was like, “crakka please..I left the whole sec. deposit and cleaned the hell outta that place…im sure they owe me some damn money.” *files nails*

Him: Ugh. Ma’am. YOU do not have to get ghetto..

Me: :huh: Excussseeeee me? Ghetto? :cuss:
      And I vowed that I would never pay it cause of that. #shameful

and something from the Stephane Rolland line

:yes: :love: The whole line if we can hack into somebody’s credit report..

GellySammich says:

*sings* IIII’M SOOOO IN LUOOUUVVV you seeeet me free

the new drop off date starts from selling point not point of origin….

For shame! I aint paying that chit. I will keep they asses employed and in business. :tea:

cougar lover says:

i usta tell creditors i aint gone ever pay em, and ill talk to yall in a few days.

Former Morning Glory, Aspiring Friend Of The Board says:

@otb there uata be legit ways that actually worked. You can prob find them online. People usta pay the company I worked for and they’d get about 70% of the neg stuff removed. Times have changed tho. Well discuss it later…

Hi Fay, bye Fay :hi:

KyCakes says:

—————–

Former Morning Glory

This is only true IF they make contact with you. The clock does not restart if they can’t find you. That’s why it’s important not to answer your phone if you don’t know who’s calling. If the person on the phone asks you to verify your name, and you verify it, the clock starts ticking from that point.

MsOnederful says:

Gigi26 says:

Gigi when I say I was a nervous wreck…..Just imagine if they would of got the money off our accounts and the amount of time we would have had to wait to get refunded our money after an investigation…i just can’t.. but women like us who use our debit cards every other hour saved us ……chile.

MsOnederful says:

KyCakes says:
      —————–
      Former Morning Glory

The same goes for unemployment…eeeeek. If an agency you were working for calls you and offers you temporary employment and you decline. Kiss that unemployment good bye. If they can’t reach you. You can collect till that sucka is empty. This is 10 years ago for me though.

pointhimout says:

that’s effed up. how is he out of jail though? trial date I suppose. I must be a wuss cuz I’d be too nervous to even sign a blood relatives name on something let alone take a strangers identity and purchase goods. SMH. Atlanta will make you out of towners question yourselves when you come here and buy into the hype that everybody’s doing it big and got it like that. He has a lot of ill gotten gains.

thatgurljenny96 says:

miami & Tampa has the highest rate in the U.S for stolen identities theft.. I won’t let you swipe my card unless I can see it..a Itch got me at kfc & checkers -.- I pay cash when ever I go out to eat now & I have an alert on my s.s so if anyone tries to run my s.s I will know