Police arrest mother, aunt of suspect who shot baby in stroller

Karimah Elkins and De'Marquise Elkins

Police have arrested the mother and aunt of a Brunswick, GA teenager who shot a baby in the face, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Sherri West told police she was returning home from the post office on Thursday when she was approached by two teens who asked her for money. When she told them she didn’t have any money, the oldest of the 2 boys pulled a gun and shot her toddler. Antonio, in the face as he slept in his stroller.

13-month-old Antonio was pronounced dead at the scene. The toddler was cremated 2 days later and his mother asked the crematory staff to dispose of the child’s ashes.

West was also shot in the thigh and another bullet grazed her ear.

Police took De’Marquise Elkins, 17, into custody on Sunday, after a relative of his 14-year-old accomplice told authorities the boy was acting strangely.

Karimah Elkins, 36, and 33-year-old Katrina Elkins, Elkins’s aunt and mother were arrested Monday night and charged with making false statements to police, the AJC reports.

Karimah Elkins originally told police De’Marquise showed up at her home at 8:30 a.m. Thursday and ate breakfast. She said the teen accompanied her as she ran errands with her children throughout the day. She said he could not have shot the baby because he was with her all day.

The two women posted $1,104 bail and bonded out of jail Tuesday morning, according to the SavannahNow website.

Glynn County police Chief Matt Doering told the Associated Press that information the two women gave to police was instrumental in helping police recover the murder weapon.

“I feel glad that justice will be served,” West said. “It’s not something I’m going to live with very well. I’m just glad they caught him.”

De’Marquise Elkins’ sister, Sabrina Elkins, told AP her brother was innocent. “He couldn’t have done that to a little baby,” she said. “My brother has a good heart.”

• Update: Police arrest 2 teens who shot baby in stroller
  • Man Charged in Death of Openly Gay Mayoral Candidate
  • Dad Shoots Pedophile Son Execution Style
  • 2 Shot, 11 Arrested After a Brawl Over Cell Phone

93 Responses to “Police arrest mother, aunt of suspect who shot baby in stroller”

How TriffliNG
      And they wonder wer this Child went wrong.
      I wanted to Believe that these Kids didnt do this.I really tried #4Shame

Ididntreallymeanit says:

Ole girl looks used up

mrsloveleigh says:

I feel horrible for questioning this story in the beginning but that was because you just can’t believe someone would shoot an innocent sleeping baby in the face. Just wow. So glad they caught them. The mom and aunt should be ashamed. My kid or not I would turn them in for something like this

ReadingIsFundamental says:

:crying: Devil, let my people go!

FuturedocDonte says:

That is crazy… I thought the boys were much younger??? Like 13 and 10 :thinking:

Just Looking says:

THere is so much to say, but I’m not. Jesus be the fence for the little babies and children. :pray:

Anna says:

FuturedocDonte says:

That is crazy… I thought the boys were much younger??? Like 13 and 10

~~~~~~~
      The grieving mother described them as 10 & 15.

prima_donna2163 says:

I hate hate hate that there are people who would be so cowardly as to shoot a sleeping baby…if the look on that baby’s face couldn’t stop him, then there is nothing on earth he is needed for. Good riddance.

Crickett says:

They mother needs to be charged something that will keep her lying raising a monster child behind in jail for at least 10 years.

RSonal says:

That girl looking like an overcooked Mrs. potato head. Oval face, synthetic hair, and googly eyes smh we have GOT to do better, folks.

This problem could be resolved easily if the government would require mandatory birth control or sterilization for these hoodrats who live in public housing. They should not be breeding worthless human scum like De’Marquise. Oh, and it wouldn’t hurt to do random searches of these public housing residents for weapons.

Tt says:

Interesting that no one has mentioned race yet

gbellab says:

Wait i dont get why the mother asked them to dispose of her child’s ashes??

RSonal says:

And hold up. That ninja shot multiple shots at a baby and mother because they didn’t give his STANK ASS their money? Smh. This right here is that fuq shyt that be having me lose my religion. That and keris boos elephant trunk peen.

RSonal says:

@ sandra. Girl you ain’t never lied. That and cut this welfare programs! I lose a third of my paycheck due to taxes that help these cracked out Negros money. Meanwhile, my street has Hella potholes and the cost of college is going up. Man, Obama is on some nigga shyt. He need to stop lying around like a damn dead chinchilla from PETA and figure it out!

RahrahRiah says:

I can’t get over how the mother “disposed of ” the baby’s ashes! :shocked:

Afiya says:

WAIT…is that suppose to be 2 women #confused

KrayZKat says:

People, whether black, white, wealthy or not, harm children. Our society doesn’t seem to protect children or the elderly. It has NOTHING to do with the socioeconomic position of the person doing the harm.

Sadly, children are harmed every day. I’m a CASA/GAL, and we deal with all kind of people who are unfit parents and many of them are not on welfare.

It doesn’t matter what race a person is or how much money they have. Evil is evil and it has no color, amount of money, religion, etc. If someone is a bad parents, they don’t need to have children.

KrayZKat says:

Also, something smell fishy about this mother. She reminds me of Susan Smith.

My heart aches for that poor baby.

Afiya says:

And the momma disposed of the baby like…who gives a crap…. WOW

KrayZKat says:

*smells*

newmom87 says:

I’m also confused at the disposal of the ashes I’m sure everyone grieves differently but… I remember losing my baby girl who was premature and her ashes and little hospital gown are all I have left so I just can’t imagine why she wouldn’t want to keep them. RIP to that innocent baby smh

This story makes me ill. I just hope its done. I can’t take anyone else being involved. Why would she lie? Is she slow? I mean, she must be. How the hell she thought.. :facepalm:

I guess since ppl who aren’t on welfare/public housing kill their own children, we don’t care about their ovaries? Oh but wait, their children kill lots and lots of other ppls children..

Gun control for the win. Meaningful mental health and public health initiatives for women and chirren. Or we’ll continue this path.

The prison system is broken and corrupt and they will send these boys there, make them worse, and then release them to make room for the next killers. Hide your kids. Love up on em too. Tell them they are meant and cherished and wanted. :pray:

PumpkinsMama says:

The Fug she tell the crematorium ppl to “dispose” of the baby’s ashes?! :cuss: I dont even like to think of anything like that happening to my Pumpkin, but I’d be carrying his ashes in my damn shoes and bra errrrryday tryna keep him near meh :wail:

RSonal says:

I think she doesn’t wasn’t to spread them herself cuz she’s still in shock. In the news last night it said she lost her other son as well :(

rjk8 says:

Black Baby mama kids strike again.

BayMami_de4 says:

Disturbing on many levels.
      RIP Antonio :(

Smokie says:

I still don’t know if they did it. The mother sure got rid of her baby ASAP.

Did anyone watch the game :tea: was straight garbage……. they have lost a fan :nono: that terrible terrible acting with Ciara and Laura just awful. They need to end the show just :stop: it like now… The end!

Pickachu Tran says:

PumpkinsMama says:

The Fug she tell the crematorium ppl to “dispose” of the baby’s ashes?! I dont even like to think of anything like that happening to my Pumpkin, but I’d be carrying his ashes in my damn shoes and bra errrrryday tryna keep him near meh
      _________________________

i still have my daughters ashes…so yea the mother disposing of her baby who was shot in the head like that just SCREAMS fishy too me.. IDK but it doesn’t sit well with me at all :no:

Pickachu Tran says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Did anyone watch the game was straight garbage……. they have lost a fan that terrible terrible acting with Ciara and Laura just awful. They need to end the show just it like now… The end!

__________________________

damn was it that bad. I knew once they casted Lauren London I wasn’t going to watch the show. That chick is a TERRIBLE actress. They just got her on the show for EYE CANDY.

EBT IS THE WORST :no:

Picka hunny they should have never let Msl and Derwin go :nono: Laura s acting was gawd awful and that dude she slept with to the new guy :no:

Pickachu Tran says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Picka hunny they should have never let Msl and Derwin go Laura s acting was gawd awful and that dude she slept with to the new guy
      ____________________________

well I won’t be watching anyway… they a little bit to ignorant for me. The only storyline i did find a interesting last season was chardonnay and jason…

lovezoe says:

Why did I HOLLER at Fing Dong face when he got traded on live TV?! : rofl: Lauen London is not a good actress. At all. “Bring me back a strawberry snake!” Malik bodyguard Rick Ross funny.

Miany says:

:waves: Good Morning Lovezoe, Picka, Jenie, Pumpkins, Smokie, Baymami…

coco creamy says:

The child was creamated 2days later and u the mother ask the funeral home to dispose of the ashes. Ummmm. nevamind. :coffee:

Nakeya_j says:

——
      Even ppl who don’t live in public housing raise trifflent kids, Sandra.

lovezoe says:

The moms daughter questioned her on whether she was involved ot not

Nakeya_j says:

Good Morning Roses!! How is everyone?!

Miany says:

Good Morning Nakeya, coco, tink tink :hi:
      @Nakeya.. auntie know trifiling folk come from everywhere. She know.

Milky says:

Good morning
      Tinktink
      Nakeya :hug:
      Lovezoe
      MIany
      Coco
      Pickachu
      Jenie

lovezoe says:

What’s everyone! Nakeya- I’m making it this morning, what bout you?

gbellab says:

Wait i dont get why the mother asked them to dispose of her child’s ashes??
      —————-
      Maybe she didn’t want a constant reminder of how the baby was taken away from her. I can see it. If my stanker would to be murdered or hell just anything, I know I would let my husband handle all of the required actions to be taken. I can’t fathom life with out my tink and I dont want to be reminded of the bad. I can look at pictures if I want to remember the good.

Oh, y’all talking about The Game I see. I didn’t catch it.

Trendsetter says:

Morning Roses…

I thought The Game was ok last night…

lovezoe says:

Razzle- You didnt miss much. Derwin got traded on live TV. Malik tried to check the owner, but the owner checked him. Brandy was looking like a hoodrat who ain’t never had no money. Jason was being silly as usual. Lauren London tried to play innocent and not give up the draws to the rookie, but Ciara had no problem doing so. TT is still a philosopher. Tasha Mack wasnt as loud and she actually saved Derwin and the rookie butt. We got to see Pookie shirtless. Rick Fox showed up at Tasha door. The end.

lovezoe says:

Oh Lauren London is a washed up actress playing a washed up actress.

eastpointvet says:

kids these days

Trendsetter says:

lovezoe says:

Oh Lauren London is a washed up actress playing a washed up actress.

___________________________

:dead:

Bootcampgirl says:

Morning Folks :waves:
      Anybody else going to catch TP’s new movie Temptation?

that_VA_thickchick says:

I agree with doing random searches of public housing. I know some would scream invasion of privacy. Hey, you don’t like it? Want some privacy? Work toward having something of your own. :shrugs:

As far as mandatory birth control and sterilization, I think that’s extreme. If that person is TRULY using the system for it’s actual purpose of getting on their feet; what happens when they are living well and want to have a child? Maybe give the :chickenhead: an IUD that can’t be removed without gainful employment. :lol:

lovezoe says:

Bootcamp- YAAS! I definitely want to see it. I say the best movies he make are the ones Madea not in. The Family That Preys was good. This movie looks good as well.

NaijaGal says:

============================
      yeah cause only Negroes benefit from the government…gtfohwtbs…anyway I’m still questioning the mother…the whole truth is not out

that_VA_thickchick says:

<—- Has never seen on single solitary episode of The Game.

lovezoe says:

Re: Hodorats and babies. Who actually has a child thinking their child is going to shoot a baby in the head over a few dollars?!

that_VA_thickchick says:

Morning Everybody!!!!!!!!!

:waves:

I recorded it. I dont think I’ll continue watching it. I’ll watch the one I recorded though.

Bootcampgirl says:

<—- Has never seen on single solitary episode of The Game.
      Me neither, I just don't get the hype :shrug:

Bootcampgirl says:

For some reason, I’m not really into ethnic type shows, ala any TP show, My Wife and Kids, The Game, etc…

Bootcampgirl says:

<—- Has never seen on single solitary episode of The Game.
      Me neither, I just don't get the hype
      ———–
      Watch the first three seasons and you'll see. Anything else after that when BET took it over from CW is kinda lame. So seasons four and five I guess. The first three I think was more realistic and some ish tugged at your emotions the way you go through a real break up or for the dudes, when a chick tells you their pregnant and yall aint together :lol: The first three are really good.

lovezoe says:

Oh Lauren London is a washed up actress playing a washed up actress.
      ——–
      Why she has not taken the time out to get acting lessons is beyond me. Not every video hoe should act.

Bootcampgirl says:

:offtopic:
      BB&W is having a Buy3,get3Free sale with $1 shipping on $25+…They always have a good sale when a bish is broke :argue:

lovezoe says:

Did anyone catch Let’s Stay Together?

luVn_liFe… says:

PorSha Said she found out about her Divorce thru All the Press
      How F’d UP
      ——————-
      This mothafukka right here. :mad:

lovezoe says:

Did anyone catch Let’s Stay Together?
      ———–
      Aint nobody got time to be staying up to midnight on a week night :lol:

lovezoe says:

Didn’t I say Porscha was probably blindsided? Poor thing. I know people may laugh at her for being a ditz, but that’s gotta be so embarrassing and hurtful. The world finds out you getting a divorce at the same time you do? Obviously they were having issues, she said she didn’t file because she was committed to the marriage.

Trendsetter says:

lovezoe says:

Did anyone catch Let’s Stay Together?

__________________________

Bootcampgirl says:

Anybody keeping up with the Amanda Knox case?? They have overturned her acquittal..

Byrde01 says:

I refuse to believe shock caused this woman to have her child cremated and “disposed” of in two days. Something isn’t right with her. What happened to the son she lost? Someone needs to take a 2nd and 3rd look at this… just my opinion. Not at all excusing what these little boys did to that baby, but something in me tells me this mother is involved somehow. Fishy indeed.

FuturedocDonte says:

:offtopic:

This was my whole thought process just now

:thinking: BB&W :huh: Buffalo Wild wings…no…Bed Bath and Be…no…Basket Ball wiv…. no… What in the hell is BB&W :mad: :lol:

Trendsetter says:

______________________________

That was a b*tch azz move by him…

Trendsetter says:

FuturedocDonte says:

This was my whole thought process just now

BB&W Buffalo Wild wings…no…Bed Bath and Be…no…Basket Ball wiv…. no… What in the hell is BB&W
      ____________________________

:dead:

lovezoe says:

Boot- The US more than likely won’t send her back to Italy. See, round these parts we believe in double jeopardy. I wonder how this will affect her travel overseas? But, this girl is not going back to Italy/

Trendsetter says:

Bootcampgirl says:

Apparently Italy dosen’t have that double jeopardy law…

————
      I think he’s trying to low ball her because he felt that since she maybe betrayed him by doing what she wants, so like Intense said he’s punishing her and by blindsiding her like this he wants to embarrass her to ensure sh*t like this never happens again IF, and that’s a very big if, they get back together. That whole thing seems childish of him really. I hope she divorces him for real to let him know how low that sh*t is.

lovezoe says:

Trend- Yes it was. Yes it was. I love the comment I read yesterday. She young, thin, submissive to her husband, what excuse will people come up with saying it’s her fault

NaijaGal says:

Did anyone catch Let’s Stay Together?
      =====================
      :yes: I :heart: that corny show

NAIJA- How was it?

lovezoe says:

Razzle- That makes sense, but still dirty. What happened to people going to marraige counseling and discussing their issues like adults?

NaijaGal says:

marriage is a huge emotional investment…nobody knows what was happening behind closed doors so I’m not about to paint Kordell as the villan nor Porsha as innocent…more power to them and good luck

NaijaGal says:

How was it?
      ==================
      I enjoyed it…Penny Proud is gonna be the football player’s beard…Stacy and her husband worked out the “infidelity” issue…Christian (last name?) may be a regular…Jamal done got finer with his short ass :lol:

lovezoe says:

Shoulda known she was gone be his beard. Did yall see the article that a NFL player may be ready to come out?

NaijaGal says:

Amanda Knox
      ============
      I hope that broad nor her parents have a peaceful night of sleep…murderer

———–
      People do what they want to do these days.. I can get with her not wanting to file if that was the case too. I know she wanted a baby real bad.. Maybe he felt she was pressuring him too much on impregnating her too?

Str8tUpMenace says:

I haven’t been following this story, but ummmm, I’m def not feeling the mother of the baby.

If these kids did kill that baby and shot the mom, then yes, lock them up. But for some reason, I feel there’s a lot more to this story.

Miany says:

I never watched the show but, I don’t think Porsche was wrong for being a subservient wife and believing that her husband should feel like a king in his castle. I just think Kordell has internal issues that require him to feel ‘extra extra macho and controlling’ (probably stemming from his closeted homosexuality) so he needs his wife to be dependent upon him to reinforce the image of being ‘the big man’….I feel badly for Porsche cuz in all everyone has said about her the only wrong she done was being a lil ditzy.

Nakeya_j says:

I’m making it as well. Trying to see what’s going to happen at the job. ugh.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says: