Google Glass

Advertising and Internet search giant Google is set to roll out the much-hyped Google Glass. If you haven’t heard about Google Glass yet, you will.

The futuristic frames will allow the wearer to, among other things, record your image and your conversations without your permission. Sure, anyone can surreptitiously record or videotape you by using their smart phones, but Google Glass puts this technology literally in your face.

Google Glass

Conspiracy theorists and alarmists are already comparing Google Glass to the ultra spy technology that George Orwell foretold in his classic book 1984 (published in 1949).

The Google Glass wearer can videotape you and, in the blink of an eye, upload the footage to Instagram or Facebook.

Maybe it’s the fear of losing the last remaining vestiges of privacy we have left that’s spurring intense public opposition to the ‘Glass’.

Some business owners have already posted signs banning the ‘Glass’ from their establishments before the digital frames have even hit retail stores.

“They argue, rightly, that this is more than just a question of privacy,” writes Telegraph.UK, a British newspaper.

“You can see the marketing already – Glass is all-knowing. The issue is that to be all-knowing, it needs you to help it be all-seeing. If choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without, then Google Glass goes to the heart of what it is to live in a digital world and what it is to exercise choice about your privacy.”

• More Hoodrat Stuff (“I Know one day you might Google us”)
  • Is Microsoft’s ‘Ghetto App’ Racist?
  • Apple Exec Fired Over iPhone 5 Maps App Failure
  • Music blog launches app that blocks all mentions of Chris Brown from the Internet

• Trendsetter

:blink:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-BW2gKnVz8 BAD Angel

:shrugs:

• DoNotDeleteMe

If I see someone with these crazy arse glasses looking at me, I am going to get up and slap the mess out of them! 😡

Everything about these glasses are so wrong!

• Anna

DoNotDeleteMe says:

Everything about these glasses are so wrong!

~~~~~
      :rofl: Now that we know what they look like, is it going to change what we say, and do.

• Nakeya_j

Nothing good will come to this, just watch. smh.

• GAGIRL87

Not a good idea or look :no:

Besides the glasses probably gone be about $1000.00 a pop ain’t nobody got the TIME or MONEY for dat :coffee:

• Bad Influence

:huh:

• Bad Influence

GA :hug:

• Gigi26

What kinda fukk shyt is this?

:happy: BADDD!!!!

• http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhE0g3zMP70P40YOsR Bedazzled His Razzle

yea this wouldnt be a good idea. they dont even look stealthy enough to even look like something a person would even wear and still look nice. they’re probably going to cost a whole limb anyway. :tea:

• Who Dat

Why dude on the subway to the far left looking like “DONT TAKE no pic of me with this big azz yt ghul”

• GAGIRL87

@ Hissy :kiss:

KDub you know that’s his woman 😆

• GAGIRL87

George Orwell foretold in his classic book 1984
      _____________________________________________________________________

I loved this book :love:

• Gigi26

I don’t think this will come out because of the violation of ppl’s privacy :no:

Someone will get sued off of this mess :no:

Not every idea is meant to come to reality folks..

• Diva

*runs in the room to :hug: Bad*

• Who Dat

KDub you know that’s his woman
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Oh I KNOW…and you do too. And she does at night when he :hump:

But he dont want nooooooobody else to know

• Diva

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      *whispers* I hatechu…you had me scrolling up to look at Shallow Hal’s girlfriend :rofl:

• Who Dat

I think some crime is gonna happen…and somebody is just going to so HAPPEN to have these shats on…and BAM they will be accepted. Watch.

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San

Not with it :huh:

Dub… she shoooole be footin’ his bills too 😆

• MissHarlem

I said this was a dumb ass idea a long time ago and now that it has come to fruition I still think its DUMB. I mean really what more can we create to be dependent, socially awkward and the like. The human race doesnt need help in aiding ourselves into dumbdom

• Diva

:hug: MissH

Was it the movie Wall-e when the fat people was in space and they couldn’t get around unless they were on this hoveround? She look like she could be one of them.

• WUT IZ THA PROBLEM!?

Yep.

MissHarlem says:

————-
      We’re going to be like the people I mentioned in #24 😆 some technology is good, but I find myself dependent on somethings that I shouldn’t be sometimes and that scares me 🙁

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

@gagirl yea look me up on twitter

• Who Dat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :hug:

:dead: @Shallow Hal’s gf….

• goat76

Wit cell phones cams and street cams every where, exactly what is the problem?

• Who Dat

Then agane…this ish might NOT work…these glasses…cause the blacks? We be KNOWING when the camera is looking at us. ESP when we doing some shat we dont want nobody to know.

Case in point…??? That nukka up there hiding behind his collar cause he is with yt Rasputia.

THERE
      YOU
      GO

• MissHarlem

RAZZLE I always felt that way with tech since I had a damn word processor :rofl: I purposely dont have some features so I wont be dependent. Like autocorrect or autospell or autowhatthefckever. I took pride in my spelling when I was young. Paper?!! Chiiittt I had to go to the library and look that chit up with the damn index card. These mofos got it TOOOOOOOO easy.

• Bad Influence

Divaaaaaaaaaaaaa :hug:

• Ty

Chile …….

• Miapluck

That book and move 1984 was no lie…It’s just a shame that a person’s privacy is taken so lightly nowadays…”It’s the norm” to be spied upon and have your images uploaded anywhere…Desensitization at its finest I tell ya…

• MissHarlem

DIIVVVAAAAAAAA :hug: that damn funeral had me :wail: like a damn baby. I didnt even get to watch last night bc it watched me 🙁

• Diva

@Kabe is my font white to you nucca? :rofl:

• Sam

:offtopic:

And “by accident” dropped it in her yard…cutting through on MY way home. That bish somewhere still wanting to fight me. Natasha Greene if you reading this… I am truly sorry hoe
      ^^^^

KDUB I really want you to log off if you ain’t gone already :rofl: I really be tryin to just sit back read and laugh… :rofl:

Hey Yall have a good afternoon and evening

Dimpz if you are here :hug: :happy:

Bye :waves:

• Diva

MissHarlem says:

DIIVVVAAAAAAAA that damn funeral had me like a damn baby. I didnt even get to watch last night bc it watched me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Guhl wasn’t it a tear jerker? I dvr’d last nights episode! I gone miss JR Ewing!!!!!! 😥

• Ty

This shyt says so much…indirectly 🙁

• FuturedocDonte

:cuss: WHERE IN THE HEYULL WAS I WHEN THE DAWN RICHARDS POST CAME UP :shocked: THAT’S A MAN MAURY!!!! :nono:

• MissHarlem

I dont like that privacy is something that people dont even blink an eye at. I hate that people are so attention hungry that they whore themselves out and in return big brother is every damn where bc people so fckn thirsty to be liked or tagged or followed. SMH

• Ty

Gigi26 says:

I don’t think this will come out because of the violation of ppl’s privacy
      Read the Patriot Act hun we’ve been violated several times over

Harlem- They depend on so much tech in the government because they’re trying to move away from paper… I tell you I wish I had some graphing paper and a typewriter (because sometimes my penmanship sucks when rushing) because excell and all of the formulas are too much. I know how to use the basics and such… I cant even tell you all the mathematicall probabilities they ask for smh :smack:

Mathematical*

• Apparition

Cue the go to phrase they always use to chip away at our rights:

“If you aren’t doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.”

• MissHarlem

And one more thing if you walking by me with them chits on I have a right to karate chop the chit out of your throat bc you invading my privacy thinking you gonna be in the next Mission Impossible.

• goat76

But there is no privacy in public. Never has been.

• MzTisch

MissHarlem says:

^^^^^^^^
      My friends and fam be mad at me. I have to approve pics and posts on fb before they can tag me in it. It be days later…….

• Who Dat

To this DAY my mama STILL asks me if it was me who put that Slam Book in the Greene’s yard like that. 23 years later. KID yall NOT.

MamaDub: I KNOW you did it. You were the only other lil black girl on our side of the street. You can tell me! Its been a LONG time…come on..tell me :yes:
      Me :coffee: I don’t know what you talking about ma. Me and Tasha were FRIENDS; why would I DO SUCHA THING? *snicker*

———
      and? they’re mad cause what?? tell em to have several. :tea:

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

@diva hey boooo, you alrerady know how to find me if you need me, you got the bat symbol over there lol

• MzTisch

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

———
      and? they’re mad cause what?? tell em to have several.
      ^^^^^
      Be like…you thinks you speshul. Nawl, I just may not want people to know I had a burger at Fridays at 12pm on Thursday with yo arse and your sister and best friend when I told my boss I had a flat tire and couldn’t get to work that day.

• MissHarlem

RAZZ chit is beyond ridic but all people see is ohhh the new tech we dont have to do xyz but that comes at a cost dummies :smack:

• MissHarlem

It may have never been privacy in public with sattelites and such but GOAT there is no denying that with this unneccessary need we have made it easier to be spied on.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

GAGIRL87 says:

they will sell like hotcakes to the idiots who wait in line to buy Jordan’s shoes that they only wear once. :coffee:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

I can see people getting punched out for just looking at someone with these glasses. :no:

• MzTisch

Looking at the pics from Jonylah Watkins funeral. So sad.

MzTisch says:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

———
      and? they’re mad cause what?? tell em to have several.
      ^^^^^
      ———
      Sound like something dude from Black Ink did 😆

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

these glasses are gonna have yall cross eyed like deebo, do your history go back and watch ” the jerk”

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIBVMdplt94&feature=related <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers

I am digging those google shoes :tea: #yallcare

• 3halos

Im not in an uproar about it…. maybe b/c I’m a tech geek freak. Privacy Smivacy. Old age technology has already minimized that so ehh… #iswhatitis

• http://talkingwithtami.com/blog talkingwithtami