Medical Minute: Are You Raising a Narcissistic Child?

Raising Narcissistic children We have all done this: we are shown a photo of a friend’s child, and our initial response is based on the child’s looks (“She’s so cute! I can see where she gets her beauty from!”)

We tend to especially favor children who are light skinned with long hair. Any culture that is obsessed with beauty and image breeds narcissism. As a result, most narcissists tend to be very good looking.

Narcissism in adults is a personality disorder that stems from abnormal self-developmental in childhood.

Studies show that the sharp rise in narcissists in today’s society is directly linked to the explosion in social media. Instagram is a narcissist’s playground where the self-obsessed upload their photos to encourage ‘likes’. And there are pages on Facebook devoted to ranking a girl’s beauty from 1-10.

In a blog on Huffingtonpost.com, sports psychology consultant Nicole Forester referred to social media as an “Epidemic of narcissism”.

“We are each hard-wired with the desire to feel relevant. Everyone wants to feel like they matter and are important. Social media provides this outlet, but also promotes being self-absorbed,” she writes.

Symptoms

The symptoms of narcissism are:

• Trouble maintaining healthy relationships
  • Becoming easily hurt and rejected
  • Wanting only “the best” of everything (Brand divas)
  • Reacting to criticism with anger (narcissistic rage), shame, or humiliation
  • Taking advantage of others for their own self gain
  • Verbally or mentally abusing others
  • Exaggerating one’s own importance, achievements, and talents
  • Unrealistic fantasies of love (Erotomania), success, beauty, power, or intelligence
  • Requiring constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
  • Becoming jealous easily
  • False feeling of entitlement
  • Punishing others with the silent treatment
  • Lacking empathy and disregard for the feelings of others
  • Being obsessed with self
  • Appearing unemotional or uncaring
  • Being easily bored
  • In addition to these symptoms, narcissists may also display dominance, arrogance, show superiority, and seek power or wealth.

There is ongoing research to find ways to prevent the alarming rise in narcissism. Psychologists urge parents to refrain from excessively praising their child’s looks or behavior. Also, limiting a child’s access to social media is beneficial.

Watch what you say to small children. For example, avoid telling a little girl that her beauty will cause boys to fall at her feet; or telling a handsome boy that he will grow up to be a lady killer.

Remember that children are concrete in their thinking. They don’t have the maturity level to process that type of language yet.

Excessive praise is not just limited to looks; excessively praising a child’s gifts or talents can lead to narcissism as well (think narcissistic celebrities).

Children typically have a difficult time distinguishing between their actual self (who they actually are) and their ideal self (who they think they are). This causes an unrealistic view of themselves. Children who grow up to be narcissists have fractured personalities (unrealistic perception of actual self and ideal self). They are like broken mirrors. We can put the pieces back together again, but the mirror will never be whole.

Children develop an unrealistic self-view when they receive too much attention or not enough attention from their immediate environment (parents, caretakers, or peers).

In order for a child to develop a realistic self-view, he or she must receive approval from their environment in balanced and healthy doses.

Remember that all babies are born narcissistic. But through social interaction with others they learn that they are not an island onto themselves and that the world does not revolve around them.

Children who receive too much praise/attention will develop an unrealistic self-perception, and children who don’t will compensate for that lack of attention.

Any types of activities that focus on overly praising children can raise narcissistic levels.

The causes of narcissism are not fully understood, but the following factors can lead to narcissism:

• An oversensitive temperament at birth
  • Excessive admiration that is never balanced with realistic feedback
  • Excessive praise for good behaviors or excessive criticism for bad behaviors in childhood
  • Overindulgence and overvaluation by parents, other family members, or peers
  • Being praised for perceived exceptional looks or abilities by adults
  • Severe emotional abuse in childhood
  • Unpredictable or unreliable caregiving from parents
  • Valued by parents as a means to regulate their own self-esteem
  • Treatment

It is unusual for narcissists to seek treatment. When they do, it is probably caused by a narcissist injury (loss of a relationship or employment) that leaves them feeling depressed or anxious. Treatment can be very difficult because narcissists often see themselves as more intelligent or knowledgeable than doctors. Treatment can include therapeutic approaches (anger management, cognitive, behavioral etc. MEdication is also prescribed for depression, anxiety, etc.

This has been your Medical Minute.

More info on the web

Narcissistic Personality Disorder in Children – WebMD

Causes of Narcissistic Personality Disorder in Children – Voices

Prognosis is Gloomy for Children with Personality-Disordered Parents – Psychology Today

Preparing the School for Your Child with Narcissistic Personality Disorder – About.com

Narcissistic Personality Disorder – Wikipedia

102 Responses to “Medical Minute: Are You Raising a Narcissistic Child?”

San says:

We tend to especially favor children who are light skinned with long hair.
      ——————————
      Still very much alive :yes:

San says:

——————————
      :claps: This is why I loathe that ish

TeaIsFinallyHere says:

So Sandra, my husband and I have a 1 child. A pretty 3 going on 4 year old little girl with light skin and long hair. She has never gone to day care. Her caregivers alternate between my inlaws who spoil her rotten and my parents who have more of balanced approach to parenting. How do my husband and I strike that balance between her having good self esteem and being an independent caring individual. You posts on this sub

TeaIsFinallyHere says:

*continued

Your posts on this subject always seen to vilify light skin women. I understand where you are coming from. My dad would always tell me growing up ”Men will always tell you you’re pretty but its up here that counts” and ”A body without a head on its shoulders is nothing but a piece of meat” So I understood from a young age that I had to be more than whats on the outside. But from your posts its as if only the LSLH girls that are narcissists. Are there not dark skin narcissist?

TeaIsFinallyHere says:

*sorry for the typos…my phone has a mind of its own.

SexyToothpic says:

Very interesting read…
      Funny thing – I went on Instagram for the first time last night to view some pictures of a girl I know from college. Just what you described is the description of this girl in particular.
      I remember in some classes we took together, her presentations were more about showing herself off than the context of the presentation and her pictures on Instagram is no different :no: <– SMH In my mind I always viewed her as shallow, but at least she got a college degree…
      Reading this I thought about the 6 year old millionaire from Toddlers and Tiaras who said she loves being the boss and own 60 pairs of shoes… :blink: unfortunately she has already checked all the boxes of being a narcissistic child

Happy Sunday Roses

MsChavo says:

Its almost like if your not narcissistic, then you won’t fit in to what’s going on with fb and twitter.

MsChavo says:

Even resumes these days ask for a photo upload.

Oldskool71 says:

Hi there Sandra. I told you a while back about the narcissistic guy that I dated. I honestly believe that his issues came from the lack of praise and attention from his mother growing up. As a grown man, he’d still go to his bother telling her of all of his latest accomplishments and would follow up with “So what you think about THAT momma?” and her response was always “umph” with no real emotion. It’s sad how damaging one’s home life as a child can be and how it forms the adult be it in a good way or bad. A narcissist is no one to play with because after all is said and done, you end up feeling like maybe it’s you that’s off and not them.

LSLH says:

These comments are looking a bit lopsided with the whole light skin long hair posts…

:waiting:

Oldskool71 says:

@LSLH
      Chile trust me it has nothing to do with how one actually looks! I dealt with a narcissist for YEARS and I knew something was wrong but couldn’t figure it out until I started researching personality disorders. It usually develops in childhood where the child grew up neglected and not getting the attention it needs even from infancy so they get to the point of boosting themselves up, to the other extreme where the parents keep telling the child they are oh so beautiful or handsome and act is if the child’s S*** dont stink and they can do no wrong even when they need to be disciplined.

LSLH says:

Seriously though, I use the moniker LSLH on Sandra Rose . com because its mostly satire. Although I am LSLH, I am very aware and extremely giving. I do a lot of things for people because I like to help.

As a child growing up LSLH, I was favored by my great grandmother who was a deep complexion woman. I remember my family making comments that she liked me so much because I was light skinned and I never understood that until later in life. I know that she would always bring me candy and always wanted me to sit next to her at church. I did have other cousins who were light skinned and one was a girl and the other was a boy. The rest of them were brown skinned or had a deeper complexion. I never saw the big deal as a child. Now that I look back, I can see where I may have been somewhat favored for special things. I was always very good in school and made good grades. I remember a few teachers always making me sit in the front one of class and I always thought it was because I was smart (my brother’s friend told me that the smart kids sit in the front row) until one day a friend of mine told me the reason I was asked to sit in the front row. So I said why is that and she told me flat out that it was because I was light skinned and I have long hair and that I’m pretty and that I would always have it easy. At that moment, I was shocked that she said that and it made me look at the world a lot differently. I went home to my grandma and told her what my classmate said to me and my grandma said well baby the world is ugly that way and that some people view the world as only black and white and from the outside and hardly ever inward. I told her that I thought that I was smart and that my teachers were probably trying to make sure I would always be more attentive. She said that I was indeed smart and that being attractive wasn’t a bad thing and that I shouldn’t think that I can make it in the world on looks alone. My grandma is LSLH and beautiful. I never felt like she was narcissistic though.

After reading Sandra’s post, I’m going to stop telling my daughter how gorgeous she is (I say it a lot) because I don’t want her to grow up vain and thinking that her looks will carry her. I mean I will tell her but not as much as I do. She’s super damn smart! I definitely encourage her to do her best in school always and I didn’t know that I could possibly be doing harm to her. I know that when we go out or see friends or meet new people, that these folks always compliment her beauty and I never took it as a negative. Now I don’t know how to feel because I DON’T want a narcissistic child! We as parents try to encourage our children to do their best and look their best. I just hope that I can be the best possible parent period.

My mom dotes on my daughter all the time and so do I. I may have to tell mama to ease up on the compliments and I may get cussed out too.

I appreciate this post because now I see things a bit differently than I did before. Thanks Sandra.

PumpkinsMama says:

Gurl please :rolleyes:

LSLH says:

@Sandra

Would a narcissistic person have to possess 50-70% of those traits listed in your post to be considered narcissistic? The reason I’m asking is because I think most of us possess some of those traits simply because we’re human.

TeaIsFinallyHere says:

Her caregivers alternate between my inlaws who spoil her rotten…

You have a few more years to reverse the damage your in-laws are doing to her. Limit their contact with her until she’s 8 or 9.

TeaIsFinallyHere says:

There are dark skinned narcissists but they are rare. And there are more male narcissist on average than female.

SexyToothpic says:

Reading this I thought about the 6 year old millionaire from Toddlers and Tiaras who said she loves being the boss and own 60 pairs of shoes… unfortunately she has already checked all the boxes of being a narcissistic child

Hopefully more and more parents will be aware of their part in cultivating this destructive behavior in their children. :no:

Oldskool71 says:

That sounds like Usher Raymond looking for his mother in older women because his mother never gave him healthy approval as a boy. :no:

@ MsChavo: That’s a good thing. I don’t have a Facebook page because interacting with a bunch of narcissists is not my thing. :no:

LSLH says:

I apologize if my post made it seem as if I was saying all light skinned women are narcissists. I only mentioned that because of our obsession with light skinned babies being prettier than dark skinned babies. It’s okay to tell your daughter she’s beautiful, but some people go overboard with the praise which is not healthy. A healthy dose of praise is alright as long as it is balanced with a little criticism.

Thank you all for sharing your personal experiences. :)

@ LSLH, we are all born narcissistic, but we learn to be less narcissistic and to consider the feelings of others through socialization and play. That’s why only children (who have no siblings) should have access to more kids their age as early as possible. So, you’re right, we retain a little narcissism as we get older, which is healthy. But full blown narcissism, especially malignant narcissism, is very unhealthy.

Torae says:

My daughter is light skin, light eyes, very long hair and ever since she was born, it rubbed me the wrong way how black people would go over board and tell her how beautiful she is. She’s more than her looks and I make it a point to tell her that all the time. We will be out and random strangers would compliment on her hair and complexion as if thats all she has to offer. I tell her all the time that looks will only get her so far, so she has to make sure she puts her smarts before anything else. I tell my daughter she’s beautiful, but I don’t beat a dead horse with it. She’s a very kind, loving helpful little girl. I know first hand how complimenting someone on their looks all the time, will turn them into a self absorbed, over saturated, person.

I have a sister, that was always told she was beautiful and people always complimented on her hair, and actually had family members say growing up, how she was the “pretty one” because of her hair and complexion. My sister is complete narcissist and a very hard person to be around. I actually just got into an argument with her because of her narcissistic ways. She expects people to jump when she says jump, but when she’s needed she’s no where around and is always competing with me or tries to one up me. When things don’t go her way with me, she always says I’m jealous of her.

Just Looking says:

:off topic: Deep concern that Porche is a slave that was lost and didn’t follow the light to the promise land. :wtf: was she saying???? :facepalm:

San says:

Pumpkin ur mean :lol:

Just Looking says:

Pumpkin well please order transcript and let’s go over whatshe said.

Just Looking says:

My bad…San

Mary Katherine Gallagher says:

Well…What else are we posed to say when shown the photo of a friends child? Sho’ iz uglae.lol…or Ruh oh skooby dooby dooo…I mean. Yeah, you say something nice. Does this make me look fat? Girl, no. Im just not mean spirited, unless you invoke the spirits :mad: Theres a girl on here who I used to see on another site. Dudes would sweat her something awful. Calling her redbone and ish. It was so annoying, and she ate it up. Even got mad cuzz I wouldnt indulge. She looks like tweety bird to me :shrugs: Dont be mad cuzz I aint willing to stroke yo ego. Pathetic. Pay off those damn student loans if you want to impress me. Ol waiting in the financial aide line lookin ass. Im cool…But I digress…That girl annoys me…Sorry…Ok so…Im not color struck. You need more than light skin to catch my eye. Are your pockets light as well :eek: if so ——>

Digressing again…Ok so wait, I know this post wasnt about Light skin…And happy Sunday everyone **waves** Sandra,LSLH,Pumpkin,Just, and all these weekend names I dont recognize. My Sunday turned out great. Anyway, Im a bit of a narcissist. A bit neurotic. I have hoeish tendencies. I can be egregious at times. Yanno,,,Its what makes me…Me ***shrugs*** Im also kind hearted, giving, and all that other boring stuff at times to, but its the aforementioned stuff that makes life fun ***big grin***

SexyToothpic says:

@ Mary Katherine Gallagher :hahaha: I always get a good laugh from your posts – and hello to you too… :hi:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ pumpkin really doe :rofl:

@ LSLH in the 1st sentence you said your grandma was a deep complexion woman then you said your grandma was LSLH and beautiful I’m confused which one is it : shrugs: #no shade just tryna get clarification… This story has me all kinds of confused…

I can’t stand when complexion is brought up, being light does NOT mean your beautiful hunny… :coffee:

LSLH says:

Gagirl87 :hi:

For your clarity, I mentioned that my great grandma was a deeper complexion and that my grandma is a lighter complexion. Just sharing my own personal experience. I only shared because lslh was mentioned in Sandra’s post.

GAGIRL87 says:

:hi: LSLH I see that now my fault :no:

PumpkinsMama says:

I repeat… Girrrrrrl :rolleyes: Lemme find out you had some profound epiphany that will forever change your parenting style based on one of Aunt Sandy’s medical minutes. If you really wanted to give us some “clarity” you would put up your pic #messy :tea:

@ San, who me? Never :rofl:

@ Just, ain’t nobody got time for that! If your post requires extensive reading you should probably put them thought into a dang journal :hahaha:

@ GA Hey Boo :hug:

@ Aunt Sandy :kiss: for the weekend post

I LOVE YOU MARY KATHERINE GALLAGHER :love:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ pumpkin how I love you so :rofl: goodnight lol

LSLH says:

Pumpkin

It’s not about a profound epiphany. I learned something new today. I know my comment was lengthy, however it was a personal experience that I wanted to share. I respect Sandra’s blog and my fellow SR community. You don’t have to be mean. As far as my picture goes, I have tried extensively to post my picture. I don’t work at the same job that my email is attached to. I’m not ashamed of my picture.

Unshakable says:

@Auntie Sandrita and my lovely roses,

First, let me apologize in advance if my writings are akin to Eddie Cane’s rendition of “Nights Like This.” It’s after midnight and I have to get up early (I know….it was my choice to post late). But, I digress.

I wanted to say THANK YOU for posting about this topic. I can’t tell you how many times certain people in my family were told they have good hair” or had “beautiful, mixed-people” skin. I’m told that and I despise it. My character is what I want to be known for/remembered by….not the color of my skin. My looks were given to me; my character is the one thing I have to work on. Forget about how I look….just give me a chance to show you that I’m a decent human being who wants to help others.

Parents, please take this post into consideration when raising your children. I work with people like this every day and these types of people, along with Borderline Personality Disorder are two of the most challenging personality types to deal with. Much of an adult’s issues stem from both biological and environmental factors. Instead of hyping them up on their looks, learn to give them both roots and wings. Just my two cents.

PS – Auntie Sandrita…..would you please do a medical minute on Borderline Personality Disorder if you haven’t already done so? Pretty please?

My post was not meant to offend anybody, help somebody, and uplift everybody. Whooweee…..that’s more bodies than what be on First 48. #connecting the dots :rofl:

spiceykay says:

I know several narcissist people my niece is on of them. She is a manipulative and self absorbed child that is only 10. She was acting this way at about 3 or 4 and the older she gets the worse she becomes. I have a friend that has issues because she believes she is lslh. I believe that has to do with her being lighter than some of her other family members. Btw I am a neutral color in my eyes but I did have a teacher in elementary school that lines us up by color and told me I was light skin and I have had color issues because if that.

RHOA reunion…dem husbands are MESSY HUNTY and brung the DRAMA…
      now twirl, twirl, twirl :happy: :happy:

Good Morning

When it comes to the color issue. I believe BLACK MEN are the most color sturck mofo’s around.

The curse of the house slave still lives on in the black community today. Sad we can’t move past the times when massa put the light skinned slaves in the house and made the darker slaves work in the fields. :no:
      a shame, and a pity…

Well,

I’m Light skinned USED to have long hair, and got picked on growing up, so….

As soon as I started filling out that changed. I started getting attention.

I paid them no mind, my parents always told me about how people would talk about me and then try to be my friend when they wanted something.

I still get attention, even in uniform, I kindly say thank you and keep going.

I am grateful for parents who taught me not to dig into what everyone would compliment me.

Pika,

Ms Kenya can do no wrong girl!! :sarcasm:

It ain’t clicking with her that she’s being called a whore because she’s flirting with someone else’s spouse/fiance/man.

You get called one because you’re acting like one and crossing the line.

But you start crying tears of joy when they asked you about your current love life. She is full of it.

The way they were playing out the commercials were like Apollo was the guilty one.

I believe Apollo, not because I don’t like Kenya’s antics, but because when he or anyone else called her on her BS she tried to deflict the situation with more nonsense.

You see how Apollo stood up when he said, “If I wanted it I’d get it the first night!”

Andy so messy :lol: “I mean, Apollo, you are pretty hard to resist…”

So Who’s ready for the LHHATL????

:yahoo:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

Excessively praising a child that is super intelligent to the detriment of others is just as damaging.

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

Pika,

Ms Kenya can do no wrong girl!!

You get called one because you’re acting like one and crossing the line.

Andy so messy “I mean, Apollo, you are pretty hard to resist…”
      __________________________

I believe Apollo too.. Kenya up there ta’mbout “you say im crazy, I say im fabulous” IM LIKE IS THE BISH FOR REAL :blink: That bish chased that man trying to get the draws and like a good house husband he stayed in his lane cuz Apollo aint tryin to fukk up shyt with his sponser (pheadra)…

and ANDY is the Queen of SHADE hunty :yes: with his instagatin azz

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

So Who’s ready for the LHHATL????
      ______________________________________

:ido: <—really says I am..

I swear this show is my ratchet guilty pleasure. Even if it is faker then a coach bag sold on a street cart in brooklyn…

But supposedly apollo is cheating anyway. Some chick sent in a hotel receipt with his information on it to Le’Bossip. :no:

Milky says:

:wave: good morning all.

Morning Roses :waves: Sandra :hi: :tea:

NaijaGal says:

morning folks :hi:

I can’t stand broads like Kenya…when the truth has her against the wall, she deflects instead of womaning up…she’s trash, talking about get an AIDS test…she’s wack

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

_________________________

well you know Pheadra already knows her hubby is probably cheating. I never took Phe for the FOOLISH type..

:tea: this is a :goodpost: Unfortunately I display quite a few of these signs. I thought it was because of my leo tendencies, and me being the baby of my siblings. I’m pretty spoiled :tea:

I believe Apollo too.. Kenya up there ta’mbout “you say im crazy, I say im fabulous” IM LIKE IS THE BISH FOR REAL That bish chased that man trying to get the draws and like a good house husband he stayed in his lane cuz Apollo aint tryin to fukk up shyt with his sponser (pheadra)…

and ANDY is the Queen of SHADE hunty with his instagatin azz
      Yup, like he said, If I wanted it I coulda got it the first night. She tried it not having Walter on the show but she won’t counting on the husbands getting up there and ripping her to shreds. Peter gave me LIFE last night. “Ok, yeah, anytime you say something she can’t answer she get up and twirl.” :rofl: And poor Porsha up there defending Kordell while he was off filing papers. *stifles giggle*

Ok, did anyone see Fashion Queens? Who is this Ms Bev/Bevy? Is she a transger or born a woman? And how in the Elmer Fudd heyull did she get a show with that speech impediment?

Hey Razz, Naija, Picka, Milky :hi:

Milky says:

:hi:
      Razzle dazzle
      Naija
      Jenie
      Pickachu
      Dnd

NaijaGal says:

morning folks
      I can’t stand broads like Kenya…<<< :applause: Got that far into ya comment. Kenya one them ones that need the brakes beat out of her :tea:

Kenya one them ones that need the brakes beat out of her
      ———–
      I wanted to say, apparently the last man aint do it, but DV is not a joke…

:kona:

Kenya wasn’t doing nothing but trying to change the subject :tea: typical for a liar that has been put on the spot….. She’s trash ! Now I do believe Apollo is cheating on Phaedra but not with Kenya though :tea: Apollo know what time it is with Kenya, any fool can see that.The host of the Reunion show I like, cause he through shade at Kenya quite a bit on the reunion…… and I loved it :tea:

NaijaGal says:

JENIE :rofl: :rofl: it’s much too early to have me hollering like this :hahaha:

Milky says:

:hi: thickchick

I just think Walter should send her some cease and desist papers when it comes to talking about him because she was talking about how she was nice to him and he was a butthole to her…. You ever think it was how you acted?

Oh MY bad, Ms. Kenya can do no wrong. Gimmie a twirl girl.

:tea:

MetroAtlMrs says:

Good morning Roses. I also am a hater of Instagram and FB alike. They are both thirst traps IMO. However, I do have an active Twitter account that I treat as an open diary. But I definitely do not post any pictures.

DV :nono: but a chick need to drag the shyt out of her. Smelling herself way to much. Not to mention she’s a whore and has homewrecking ways and probably has done it in the past :tea:

NaijaGal says:

Andy is a messy queen…made sure to take a poll on who believed her ship with Walter was real :lol: he ain’t chit and I loved it

MsB2u says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

————————————————–
      :applause: well said

VA :hi:

I didn’t see it and I refuse to watch two linebacker cross dressers talking about another woman’s fashion.

A.J. says:

:applause: Great article Sandra! :yes:

Kenya hair is lovely though :tea: I will give her that hunny, those roots gave me life…… Can’t wait to get my locks done hunty :tea:

66 NaijaGal says:

Andy is a messy queen…made sure to take a poll on who believed her ship with Walter was real he ain’t chit and I loved it
      —————
      Of course Kandi’s ol’ booty lickin ass gone try and back track. She’s so phony, and can’t ever stand her ground after she originally says something.

A.J. says:

how in the Elmer Fudd heyull did she get a show with that speech impediment?
      :ghost: :dead:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

VA

_________
      It was my first time. I wanted to see Porsha on Watch What Happens and this mess came on right after. Ms Bevy is wide as all outside. And she has a speech impediment like Babwa WaWa. A mess. :lol:

spiceykay says:

Apollo is shady about it because if you had to change hotels because of Kenya trying to get with you yet you still responding to her text messages something ain’t right. I did feel bad for Porsha and I understood what she was saying. Porsha doesn’t sound bad so maybe next season she could start a singing career with Kandi help atleast she wouldn’t need much auto tune.

NaijaGal says:

:hahaha: he shaded the ish out of her the whole reunion :yes: called her on a bunch of crap :lol: all she could do was flick that damn fan and bat those dry eyes. Face was look real tight :rofl:

NeNe’s facial expressions gave me life +10!

She reeeeeads hunny :nono: <—- like she did

Trendsetter says:

Morning Roses and Thorns

he shaded the ish out of her the whole reunion called her on a bunch of crap all she could do was flick that damn fan and bat those dry eyes. Face was look real tight
      Then she gave Andy the phone to prove the text messages were sexual and Andy point blank said “these aren’t sexual or flirty” but she tried to talk over him. Apollo got that Thug Passion for a minute when he stood up to talk. I had to fan myself. “ooh chile”

I wonder if Dereck J is still a FOTB after that write up Auntie did of him and MISTER Lawrence..

:think:

spiceykay says:

I laughed when Andy asked was Kenya boyfriend big poppa.

spiceykay says:

Yeah Apollo is grimey and Phaedra knows it. Kenya on the other hand is so out of line :nono: and Porsha probrably looking at this reunion and got this face right now >>> :facepalm: sucks cause she seemed like she really loved her husband, and that looser filed for divorce while she sitting on TV repping him to the fullest :no:

———
      And that’s when she stood up and started twirling and singing.

That was an ugly moo moo she had on too.

Looks like someone finally went to their dermatologist though. Good for her.

Greg was funny.. “Define relationship…”

GAGIRL87 says:

“Kordell is NOT perfect by far” if I didn’t WISH Porsha would shut the hail up last night with that LONG A$$ speech :rofl: CHILEEEEE

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

NeNe’s facial expressions gave me life +10!
      She reeeeeads hunny
      ________________________

Ion like Nene but hunny every time she fell out laughing bout something I was right with her azz :hahaha: and those expressions :lol:

now >>> sucks cause she seemed like she really loved her husband, and that looser filed for divorce while she sitting on TV repping him to the fullest
      ——
      This is what I said last night. That’s the one reason why I had said poor Porshia because while he was plotting and being sinister, she was still holding on.

B*tch move on his behalf.

NaijaGal says:

:newpost: is up

I might be alone in this. But I felt bad for Phaedra. People always come for her like she’s the ONLY shady one on the show. I don’t even think she’s THE shadiest. But because she doesn’t hoop and holler and go off people try her. I still say that if she got backed into a corner she’d whip somebody’s azz…maybe not NeNe’s big Oscar Meyer azz, but I digress. :lol:

GAGIRL87 says:

Goodmorning

Naija
      Jenie
      Razzle
      VA
      Trend
      Milky
      Tran

Chit EVERYBODY :hug:

GAGIRL87 says:

“Kordell is NOT perfect by far” if I didn’t WISH Porsha would shut the hail up last night with that LONG A$$ speech CHILEEEEE

Girl her voice made me wanna :shank: myself Kandi was looking like :blink: and at the same time with her arm around her :hahaha: and I didn’t see not one tear by the way :tea: did you

No VA since you watched Porchia on Watch what happens, what all she saY??

GAGIRL :hug: come here my love !

We tend to especially favor children who are light skinned with long hair.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Well this is some bullchit. Posted on a Sunday no less. As the proud mother of two young ladies; I often times say I have one who is my pretty scholar and one who is my beauty queen/socialite. They are of different hues. One is of deeper complexion with thick hair and striking features. The other is of a lighter shade with sandy red highlights and light eyes that change color with the seasons.

Which is the socialite and which is the scholar? I’ll wait. :coffee:

And for the record… I don’t “favor” either. I tried to drop both their azzes off at my mama house this weekend and drive off as quickly as possible :steer: So I could get MY azz to the local wine festival.

See? I treat them equal. I want BOFF of em to get the entire hail on someplace. :shrug:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Jenie I wonder HOW LONG it took her to practic that before taping :rofl: I didn’t see one tear boo!

AND here I come btw the way :grin:

spiceykay says:

@jenie I believe she loves him too.

Why Kordell all out of shape about her having a career when his son’s mother is a working woman I thought plus how you get married and want to deny your wife of a child of her own?

Miany says:

*whispers*
      Yall know its a :newpost: up right?

Sunkissed404 says:

Sandra, PLEASE keep posting on this. Your posting of this before helped me realize what I was dealing with in the last guy I pursued a relationship with. Once upon a time, I thought Narcissism was harmless…basically a person who was confident. I learned it was nothing of the sort, dealing with him.

MZN says:

Really Sandra? Dark skinned narcissists are rare? :rolleyes:

omina-homina says:

I suffered from narcissism as a teen; however, you failed to point out that narcissism is a survival mechanism that evolves to mentally deal with trauma, physical or psychological/emotional.

If you’re going to talk about narcissism, it’s a disservice to not discuss the causes of it.

omina-homina says:

^^^I take that back… I didn’t read the rest of the article.

msmello30 says:

Wow, i pulled this post up last week to explain to one of my friends of the family how my “dark skinned” sister and ex-best friend who happens to be “dark skinned” are two narcissist. My friend was a recent victim of my sister and her craftiness and self centered ways. I love this post. i wish I could put it up on facebook where most narcissist can read about themselves. all narcissist are not attractive. make up along with false breast and azz has developed an arrogance that is so pathetic that these people believe that they are better. i hate to see grown azz people over 35 with instagram pictures posting everyday. these people literally buys outfits and get dress for likes on instagram. I really dont believe anybody life is that interesting to follow people pictures. but the creator of instagram saw how narcissism has affected pop culture.