Reebok Drops Rick Ross Over ‘Rape Rap’ Lyrics

Reebok Drops Rick Ross

Reebok has dropped Miami rapper Rick Ross amid protests over his rape rap lyrics, the NY Times reports.

Ross, a former corrections officer, came under fire when he quipped about drugging a woman’s drink so he could have his way with her on the track “U.O.E.N.O. (You ain’t even know)” by Atlanta rapper/producer Rocko Da Don.

Put molly all in her champagne
    She ain’t even know it
    I took her home and I enjoyed that
    she ain’t even know it

The backlash from feminist groups was swift. Rape victims expressed their outrage on social networks, and radio stations took the track out of rotation. On Wednesday, Rocko released a remix with Wiz Khalifa replacing Ross.

In announcing its decision, Reebok stated: “At this time, it is in everyone’s best interest for Reebok to end its partnership with Mr. Ross.”

The press release continued:

“Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand. Unfortunately, Rick Ross has failed to do so. While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse.”

Woman’s group UltraViolet responded to Reebok’s announcement:

“We are thrilled to hear that Reebok is joining the fight against rape culture and dropping Rick Ross. This is a huge victory for women, for the 526 survivors of rape who were brave enough to publicly confront rape culture, and for the nearly 100,000 UltraViolet members who have poured their hearts and time into this campaign. This sends a strong message that rapping about drugging and raping an unconscious woman is not only morally wrong, but has real consequences. After Steubenville, Americans expect and demand better. Thank you Reebok for taking a stand.”

282 Responses to “Reebok Drops Rick Ross Over ‘Rape Rap’ Lyrics”

MsB2u says:

i heard about this yesterday i think the only way to stop theses rappers from rapping about bad things is to hit them pockets

it was a wrap once the whitie girls got involved

SunnyK says:

ROSS HAD A DEAL WITH REEBOK?!?! I AINT EVEN KNOW IT

Smonae says:

GM :waves:

Najia
    MsB

I agree MsB

Smonae says:

SunnyK
    It didnt last long with that foolishness in his song :no:

SunnyK says:

ROSS HAD A DEAL WITH REEBOK?!?! I AINT EVEN KNOW IT
    ——————-

MsB2u says:

Good morning everybody IT’S FRIDAY
    :waves:

Pickachu Tran says:

Read about this yesterday… not surprised. these ignorant nigras Dont realize when u are representing a specific brand u have to conduct yourself in a certain way which includes the music u create. freedom of speech only goes but so far…

He’s an idiot

He looks like he just finished off a whole cheese cake.

:popcorn:

Good. His shat continues to fall apart. Freeway Ricky Ross sitting in his cell saying, “Until you do right by me….”

:tea: Ion care bout this slop :shrug: and :cosign: Picka’s comment #8 :tea:

Pickachu Tran says:

GET IN MY BELLY!!!!!!

it was a wrap once the whitie girls got involved

it amazes me how corporations like Reebok and Mountain Dew ignore offensive rap lyrics until the protests begin. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

To even put this slop as a spokesperson for your brand is just :no:

SMONAE :waves: hey beautiful

Pickachu Tran says:

“until u do right by me” :hahaha:

n1kk1a says:

Ummm, can Rick Ross even WEAR Reeboks?? :no:

Took Molly’s last Chicken wang
    She aint even know it
    Was it Lemon Pepper or Parmasean Garlic
    I aint even know it

Dude is so ugly :no: nothing attractive bout him, he makes my tummy hurt, when I refresh my page. I will be back later on a newpost :kona:

TPtotalpackage says:

As a survivor myself I’m disgusted. But THIS is what it took for them to drop him? Truth be told he should’ve never had an endorsement deal it the first place.

NaijaGal says:

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
    ===============
    when it affects overhead and profits, that sentiment goes out the window…and let’s be real the corporations only care when their WHITE consumers protest :tea:

that_VA_thickchick says:

:rofl: I know that’s right.

SassySandra says:

As he should have been!! So sick of these rappers rapping about mollies and all this other foolishness.. :nono:

Diva says:

Ricky Ross looks like he is musty all the time! :rofl:

n1kk1a says:

Ummm, can Rick Ross even WEAR Reeboks??
    —————
    Custom Made extra WIDE with extra tred on the outter sides of the shoe for when they start leaning from wear/tear they wont look as bad. :yes:

iAmChan says:

Hell hath no fury of a mob of angry white women…..Serious question: Not taking up for Ross, but where are all of these “advocating” women when there is not anything controversial going on? What do they win now that Ross got dropped? There are no winners besides Reebok…kinda.

Mr.BluPhi says:

Never been clear on what a “molly” was…..

Mr.BluPhi says:

And I dont know what a “Justine Beiber” is ….

that_VA_thickchick says:

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
    :blink: People take this freedom of speech stuff too far. Ok, he can’t be, like, arrested for his lyrics (unless some girl suddenly realizes he’s talking about her in that song and presses charges) But people don’t have to go along with it.

Mr. Blu- “Molly,” the powder or crystal form of MDMA, the chemical used in Ecstasy, has been a popular drug at music festivals this year, CNN reports.

Molly, short for molecule, is considered to be pure MDMA, unlike Ecstasy, which generally is laced with other ingredients, such as caffeine or methamphetamine. According to Pax Prentiss, co-founder and CEO of Passages rehabilitation centers in Southern California, molly users tend to be ages 16 to 24.

A la News Room

PumpkinsMama says:

Good Mornin errrrrrrybody :waves: No roll call this a drive by post :steer:

Aunty you killin me w/this gravi fri bidness :rolleyes:

Mr. Blu- I didnt know if you were talking about the actual singer or if you were referring to a slang term so I looked it up and came up with genital crabs :rofl:

@ ChansBabyMama

I’ll be here waiting bew :kiss:

Mr.BluPhi says:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

_______________________________________________________________

lmaooo :rofl:

SassySandra says:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

n1kk1a says:

Ummm, can Rick Ross even WEAR Reeboks??
    —————
    _____

:dead: :ghost: :scared:

:wave: hey Pumpkin!!!!

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Chan gm CHocolate drop :kiss:

@ Diva you look cute with your hair up! :thumbsup:

PumpkinsMama says:

O Yeah on topic I guess that’s less wangs for Ross. Fat bastid! :rofl:

Hey Everybody

It’s Friday and I’m getting off early. I’m finna to go see Ming Ling and let her these nails and toes purty so I can “ack a gotdayum fool” this weekend!

:party:

Nasir Rahim says:

THEY SHOULD LET MY BABY FANTASIA ENDORSE REEBOK!!!!

************************

Well they’ve made a big statement. Hopefully little ghetto boys will hear it too. The fact is impressionable teenagers take these lyrics to heart sometime. It is not cool to slip drugs in a woman’s drink and take advantage of her no matter what the fat slob says. It’s illegal and it’s wrong. You can’t convince me that him and/or his boys hasn’t done this before for sh*ts and giggles.

@Pumpkin thank you ma!!!

So word on the curb is that Erica Dixson and Francine Buckeyed Shay fought and Francine walked off bleeding… :tea:

ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!

This dumb fat f*ck!

Nasir Rahim says:

THEY SHOULD LET MY BABY FANTASIA ENDORSE REEBOK!!!

:rofl: :hahaha: :pigsfly:

PumpkinsMama says:

Ermagawd! Nasir :haha: aint nobody (but you) thinkin bout Fanny’s azz. Although Fanny and 54.11’s probably make a better low budget fit :thinking:

DIVA :happy:

Hey Pretty Girl!

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

:tea: Lies

DIVA :happy: Razzle, Thickchick, Naija, Pumpkyn :hug: Bird :waves:

@ Bird

I would hope that they haven’t done nothing of the that nature. Hell has a special place for people that commit SVUish crimes.

=================================
    they say Francine molly-whopped her…who knows, guess we’ll see when the season starts

flsun99 says:

If they keep hitting those rappers in the pocket, they will eventually learn.

I like Ross, but his apology was half azzed…

Well eho didnt see this coming? Complete foolishness.

“It’s a song Donna.”- Obama

Rappers are the easiest celebrities to target. Black, perceived poorly, usually ignorant. These same groups aunt said chit about these books and other media EXPLICITLY depicting rape. Smh.

FuturedocDonte says:

So reebok is basically behind the gang banging and drug using but not behind the rape :shrug: well at least we know their stance.
    :thinking: have I ever owned a pair of reeboks

@ VA :tea:

@ Diva, who you lookin at all seductively in your gravi? lol

@ jenie, good look in them hater blocker shades

PumpkinsMama says:

Jenie :love: Naija :kiss:

BBL ya’ll :kona:

If they keep hitting those rappers in the pocket, they will eventually learn.

I like Ross, but his apology was half azzed…

by flsun99 on Apr 12, 2013 at 10:06 am
    ______
    He shouldnt have apologized at all. In his heart he knew that.

Hard to fake sincerity.

Chelle514 says:

Rick Ross needs to have a DEAL WITH ‘JENNY CRAIG & WEIGHT WATCHERS’

flsun99 says:

I like Ross, but his apology was half azzed…

*******************************

I used to could care less about him. I’m not a fan of his music so I ain’t heard it enough to complain. I even stuck up for him having once been a working man when he was taking all that heat. But the fact that he stole a man’s identity as he rots in jail and won’t even break him off a little something something for his commissary pisses me off to no end. It’s shocking to me that so many street dudes doing life on the installment plan cosign this selfish bastid.

PUMKIN :kiss: :whistle: please don’t go away from me

@FUTURE
    “So reebok is basically behind the gang banging and drug using but not behind the rape well at least we know their stance.”
    ______

Exactly! Nike crushed they azz outta the athlete market. What athlete would sign with Reebok? So they ran to rappers. Lol.

What idiots. No wonder no one wears them anymore.

Pickachu Tran says:

Nasir Rahim says:
    THEY SHOULD LET MY BABY FANTASIA ENDORSE REEBOK!!!

boi gone head somewhere :rofl:

Chan :coffee:

:hug:

Pickachu Tran says:

Chelle514 says:

Rick Ross needs to have a DEAL WITH ‘JENNY CRAIG & WEIGHT WATCHERS’

_________________________

NOPE J.HUD GOT WEIGHT WATCHERS ON LOCK & MiMi got JENNY CRAIG. BESIDES WHO WILL ACTUALLY TAKE THAT SHYT SERIOUSLY IF OFFICER RICKY WAS THE FACE OF IT… *i’ll wait* <—-katt williams voice

@VA
    “I have three girls. One is in high school. The other in middle school. The thought of some dumb niglet doing this to one of them, or any girl really…pisses me off. People just need to think about the shyt they say.

This dumb fat f*ck!
    _______

I agree. I think we should get all media which references violence of ant sort eliminated.

Who’s with me??

:eek:
    No one? :shrugs:

Bombshell Esq says:

Bet you he still get alllllllll that contract money regardless though :tea:

MORNING ROSES!!!!!! TGI-MF’in-F!!!! :yahoo: :buttshake:

@NikkeMinxx says:

Fire whomever hired him in the first place.. that ain’t his first rape lyric. :shrug:

Somebody asked what was up this weekend.. Bowling tourney, drank slanging and church…

Morning Roses!!!! :wave:

I read that Francine was on top gettin that azz then Erica picked up something shiny which inturn, caused ol’ bird’s nest weave to bleed.

Bombshell Esq says:

Jenieeeeeee :buttshake:

100% usa made! says:

Perfect example of when Keeping It Real goes wrong!

renegadesince1985 says:

Ross was outta pocket for that line and he should have known better. Rapping about drug and gang culture is one thing…but even in prison, rapists are ostracized. Nothing’s cool about drugging women and taking advantage of them…and any man that thinks that’s okay is a piece of shyt.

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences….so people need to quit with that bullshyt…Ross was free to say what he did, and Reebok was free to terminate him. End of story. :coffee:

Tupac is ALIVE and has a Sandra Rose Login??

Can I have your autograph homie?

:wave: Jenie

MsB says:

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Pearl! says:

Good morning, e’rybody….eh! Ignorant rappers. :zzz:

Bombshell Esq says:

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

Tupac is ALIVE and has a Sandra Rose Login??

Can I have your autograph homie?

—————————

It’s too early for this syht here :rofl:

@NikkeMinxx says:

*i’ll wait* <—-katt williams voice
    _________________________________________________
    The iraqi uniform/insurgents jokes? :dead:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@VA

This dumb fat f*ck!
    _______

Who’s with me??
    I think lately all song lyrics, sitcoms, etc….all have really pushed beyond what should be considered reasonable. Sex and violence and what not used to be INSINUATED OR IMPLIED in a song so you kinda had to think about it. Same with sitcoms. The adult comedy, sexual references, etc went over kids’ heads because it wasn’t blatant. Now, you can turn on the radio and hear a song where dude is talking about “dykes using straps”, poppin molly’s, killing people and kids know all the dang words. Has anyone ever watched Two Broke Girls? The stuff they say has ME blushing sometimes. You can’t even let kids watch CBS no more.

Just ridiculous.

RegyBery says:

I mean…ain’t like he was workin out n reeboks :tea:

HELLO.GOODBYE.ORG.EDU.NET.COM

:applause:

So Kathy Griffin :hump: A$AP Rocky??

:blink:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

‘…[h]e has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse.’

:tea:

#CHECKMATE

San says:

I hate when these black men give ppl a reason to tear their butts down. This was pure stupidity

Bedazzled His Razzle says:

So Kathy Griffin A$AP Rocky??
    Kathy Griffin STAY :hump: Somebody. Remember she was fuggin Bristol Palin baby daddy? :lol:

MsB says:

I thought ASAP Rocky was :gay: atleast there are pics of him kissing another dude and pics of him in a dress. :shrug:

NaijaGal says:

where was the same outrage when Eminem was talking about murdering the mother of his child, dumping her body or putting her in the trunk…now I’ll also wait

Gigi26 says:

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences….
    ———————————-
    :preach: THANK YOU.

The same thing happened to ole boy from Dior who was talking all that chit about the Jews…They dropped his ass like a bad habit and he damn near got arrested…

People need to open their eyes. The fat coon didn’t even genuinely apologize which made it ten times worse and that’s when them Sprite women got their azzes together and did something about it. I applaud their efforts!

Chelle514 says:

:woohoo:

HELLO.GOODBYE.ORG.EDU.NET.COM
    ________________________

Comment of the day :trophy:

Pickachu Tran says:

:yawn: about to go hit up M.A.C. i been looking for a purple-ish lipstick since FOREVER

MsB says:

I thought ASAP Rocky was atleast there are pics of him kissing another dude and pics of him in a dress.

You thought right :yes: he is IMO!

*******************************

Another one who’s music I’m not a fan of, but I heard of those lyrics becuase people complained about it. That story was even mentioned back when I was watching the Today show.

Gigi26 says:

I don’t care about what Eminem says about his own mother or his child cuz that’s his family.

What made it an issue w/Rozay is the fact that the “she” referenced in his song could be ANYONE.

Reebok themselves said it in their statement…he didn’t take the matter serious…

Things you never rap about: The Gays, The Jews, Abusing women, Raping women.

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences….
    ———————————
    Never has for rapper.

Its just that way for everyone else… right?

=======================
    but he wasn’t dropped, hell folks hail him as one of the greatest rappers to ever do it…my thing is do 1 do all, not some

————-

Blu
    TP
    FutureDoc
    Pumpkin

And anyone else I missed

MoniquetheGeek says:

@Pickachu . . . MAC has a pretty purple in their Spring collection. It’s a soft, pastel purple. Doesn’t go on sale here until the 19th though.

Pickachu Tran says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

MsB says:
    You thought right he is IMO!

_________________________

ASAP raniqua is gayer then rupaul in a badazzled tutu and red tights.

@GIGI
    “Things you never rap about: The Gays, The Jews, Abusing women, Raping women.”
    _________
    Oh yeah… :smack:
    How could we forget that rap cant do that.

He should have just acted it out on a tv screen or wrote a book about raping women. Thats fair game…

==============================
    so a man promoting domestic violence is something not to be cared about

MsB says:

ASAP raniqua is gayer then rupaul in a badazzled tutu and red tights.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :rofl: And so the Ain’t Shyt Friday begans…

you forgot he was white?
    ========================
    that’s my whole point…everybody else gets a pass but the black ones? gtfowtbs….I don’t agree with Rick Ross, I don’t support his chit but let’s not single him out…again do 1 do all

NaijaGal says:

KYCAKES cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake :buttshake: look back at it, look back at it :buttshake: how are you luv :hug:

:cosign: #100 all the way Live ! and Come here my Ky Ky :happy: :kiss:

you forgot he was white?
    ========================

by NaijaGal on Apr 12, 2013 at 10:37 am
    _____
    :cosign:
    Sound too much like right tho…

@Picka :rofl: got that right :hahaha: :homoswitch:

KyCakes says:

I’m sure someone already mentioned this, but why in the fat boy hell is Reebok sponsoring rappers?

First, this nigguh ain’t neva ran a day in his life…not even from the inmates when he was a prison guard.

Second, his fluffy self can’t even rock the Reeboks with the straps, so :shrug:

Now back to your regularly scheduled program :coffee:

Well There’s a photo with a caption of “My BOO FINALLY MOVED IN”

they were posing together with her in his arms.

:hurl:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

HELLO.GOODBYE.ORG.EDU.NET.COM
    ________________________

Comment of the day

KyCakes says:

@Naija I’m good..so glad it’s FRIDAY! :yahoo: Hope you have a great weekend!

@Jenie *jumps on your lap*

Gigi26 says:

Eminem got hit when he rapped that hot shyt about the Gays :rofl: Had to perform with Eminem n all that…

Still ain’t got no autograph… :mad:

Hey KY CAKES!!

puppylove says:

I think the issue with rick ross is that all the groupies thought he might get some without paying

Maybe Reebok was gonna have him promote the clothes???

:shrug:

@VA girl Reebok did the right thing :tea: bottom line :shrugs: time to move on ya know. I’m like Gigi I applaud they azz :applause:

iAmChan says:

Real talk tho…..how many of us have ran to the store for a fresh pair of Reebok since ummm round 98 when the Classics were the be all end all?

Ky Ky caresses your forehead :kiss:

MsB says:

ASAP raniqua is gayer then rupaul in a badazzled tutu and red tights.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    And so the Ain’t Shyt Friday begans…
    :rofl: ALREADY!

@Bedazzled His Razzle says:

Maybe Reebok was gonna have him promote the clothes???

—————

For who? The wide and wobbly?

iAmChan says:

Just ordered my daughter some clean whit classics, and some more Kswiss :tea:

=========================
    Management: let’s get those rap people involved…call up Swit Beats and Alicia, surely the nigguhs will buy it up

This man’s music rides. But he is a wounded one, so I’m not surprised he let this fly…he stay crying about his past and the teacher that said “he was a piece of chit” :lol: He say, “I seen her yesterday…driving a piece of chit..”

Ion know if I like censoring music.. anywho, TGIF *little jig* :wave:

OTB that gravie love :trophy: pretty

MsB says:

I love the look of clean crisp classics on kids :shrug: I don’t put them on my girls bc they are hard on shoes and it’s hurtin my pockets :lol:

Such A F'n Lady says:

We still talking about this fool? I never knew he had a Reebok deal and as someone else said, whomever hired him as a spokesperson needs to be fired. Why would he be endorsing tennis shoes period? :shrugs:

Anyway, what else we talkin about?

puppylove says:

:coffin: :dead: :ghost:

KyCakes says:

*plays in OTB’s curls*

We wear Reeboks.. :shrug: Kamikazes, Classics, Freestyles. I shop at Rack Room a lot and they have plenty. Deals, deals in my house. :shrug:

Nakeya_j says:

Welp, who did not see that coming. Mind you, him and others on his label, are acting like nothing was wrong with what he is saying. smh. Then again, maybe that’s how he really gets women to sleep with him. Either way, it’s sad.

@Bedazzled His Razzle says:

Maybe Reebok was gonna have him promote the clothes???

—————

For who? The wide and wobbly?
    _________
    Lemme see you wobble wobble
    ooh shake it shake it
    :buttshake:

Just ordered my daughter some clean whit classics, and some more Kswiss

:yes: Staples. There is also a Fila style I buy repeadtedly :lol: Smoking gravi! :hug:

Nakeya_j says:

OTB that gravi is so damn cute!!!! Yeeessss!! You gotta e-boo?

:blink: :karate: <–me fighting the kids about the shoes after a day at school… :lol:

iAmChan says:

@ OTB nice gravi, and yes….his music rides. We don’t believe what he be saying, he just good at putting the words together over the beats….it’s entertainment.

*DISCLAIMER* Not cosigning the rape lyrics at all, but what idiot would do something to a chick, rap about it and then said chick hears the rhyme and comes up with a lawsuit basing her story on said rape lyric which sends rapper to jail when said lyric is played for a jury full of women that were probably in the crowd boycotting Reebok for the rappers same…said…lyric. :tea:

Okay I’m done.

Nakeya_j says:

:hug: VA

Gigi26 says:

Man I was hot this am, a bytch did a bantu knot set n errythang and the shyt came out ALL WRONG! Fukking 4c hair…I was bout ready to chop it all off…

My boo got me together though :tea:

Le sigh.

KEYA :happy:

Phat Cakes Mah :love: .. I dont think I ever told you have to be one of my funniest FB friends. :heart: I love reading your posts.

renegadesince1985 says:

Actually, Eminem was protested WAY more than Ross….His album was removed from alot of stores.

People need to get over the whole “oh it’s cause he’s black”…actually it’s because he’s WRONG. And FYI – many of the people who protested were BLACK.

And the argument of Oh well xyz said so and so and didn’t get penalized. Well lots of murderers and rapists go unpunished but does that make it okay??? :smack:

@ VA

@ Diva, who you lookin at all seductively in your gravi? lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shhhhhhhhhhhh a lady never tells :rofl:

:eek:
    :huh:
    …is that a goatee I see?

:no: can’t be..

iAmChan says:

Hey @ Keya: What’s up, what’s shakin, pork chops or bacon?

——————————
    Thank You Chan.

Free Speech ain’t ALL the WAY FREE. People neglect that :tea:

Nakeya_j says:

—–
    *thinks hard* Not me, however I have been eyeing the black hightops…They wrinkle too fast though… ugh

iAmChan says:

It’s not that far fetched if someone thinks they can get away with rapping about something they’ve done. Hasn’t more than one rapper rapped about killing someone and gone to jail for it?

Nakeya_j says:

@Chan Hey! :hug: I’m here, Happy it’s friday!!! And Bacon is always shaking. lol. How are you?

@ Man, I just don’t care™ says:

…is that a goatee I see?

————

Starting early I see, lol

—————————————————
    :preach: Sista you on it this a.m.

Thank You. Eminem was damn near the devil, ole boy had GLAAD and so many other folk on his ass he was like the rap version of Marilyn Manson :lol:

MsB says:

me fighting the kids about the shoes after a day at school…
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :rofl: bahahahaha Sounds like me! I have to buy my girls 2 pair of shoes at a time, a pair of black w/colors and all white ones

Then again, maybe that’s how he really gets women to sleep with him

I am surprised by their lack of…remorse. :thinking: If only for business reasons, i.e. “to save face”…

BUT the women checking for this very involved fool up top^^^ trust… them heaux bought they own Mollies. Tuh.

@RENEGADE

Is it your posistion that rape should never be depicted in ANY art form? Is that what you are saying?
    :eek:

Gigi26 says:

And FYI: Just because you ain’t buying Reebok’s doesn’t mean they ain’t making $$. Shiid them Italians n Irish boys love them some reebok’s :lol:

Obviously they making money to throw an endorsement deal at his fat ass…

The Pearl! says:

@VA_thick — I used to watch Two Broke Girls — I stopped DVR-ing it because they’re downright offensive. Hell! I’m not even a prude, but I am of an age where I remember when it was done in a really intelligent way. Your comments are right on the mark!

You gotta e-boo?

:lol: :lol: TY @Keya!

:gossip: <—whispering in your ear.. shhhhh

Betamax82 says:

Well I can’t change my gravi at work because my job blocked it so don’t tell me to lurk Sandra :lol:

iAmChan says:

Girl when I put my daughter lil denim guess dress and on them new classic I’m about to get her, with her lil purse, you not gone tell her she not fly :yes:

So this Erica and Muffy (aka Buckey) fight though…I’m reading Erica cut her

That’s all I wanna know. ARe the people so “offended” and “hurt” by this song, also “offeneded” and “hurt” when rape is depicted in movies and television and books and etc.

Why they mouf so quiet when it is depicted there? :shrugs:

KyCakes says:

@OTB Why thank ya, darling!

Thx Chan. :yes: Entertainment. But I think he need his hand slapped for that one. Right now rape culture is pervasive and glossed over somewhat. You have to be mindful of whats a hot button topic when you are a public figure.

@ that_VA_thickchick says:

————-
    The last 6 words summed it up: “and gone to jail for it” <— a pitbull of a lawyer will submit lyrics as evidence in a heartbeat and the rapper will ride that track they way to protective custody….rapists don't tend to fare well behind them walls.

@ Keya, I am better now. Had a rough night/morning. The ol ex is trying to throw a wrench in my happiness…..hitting me with the "we miss you/I miss us" shyt….had me second guessing myself for a minute.

Gigi26 says:

@Naija: Erica had to deal with that animal the only way she knew how..her instincts didn’t fail her not one bit :tea:

Nakeya_j says:

I am surprised by their lack of…remorse. If only for business reasons, i.e. “to save face”…
    —-
    I was thinking this as well. So clearly, you could care less about the money Reebok was paying you. I really wish people would learn that something are not to be said. If you want to believe that giving a girl a molly, while she is not looking, just to be able to go home and sleep with her is cool, then fine. (not really but ok) But you know good and damn well it’s not ok with 90% of the public, and that’s what you put out?! smh. Where is his brain. And NOT a damn soul should even act liek it’s right to do anything like that. If you can’t get your dinky wet the regular way, either pay someone or be dry. Rape in any form is wrong.

MsB says:

@Naija they are saying she used a blade to cut her

My boo got me together though

Le sigh.

__________________________

:rofl: :rofl: /natural rant

The Pearl! says:

@Renegade :cosign: Folks do need to stop playing the race card — wrong is wrong.

Nakeya_j says:

@Chan She just might want that old thing back, but that’s up to you not her, at this point. Looks liek she made her bed, and…well you know. Pray on it

@GIGI
    “And FYI: Just because you ain’t buying Reebok’s doesn’t mean they ain’t making $$. Shiid them Italians n Irish boys love them some reebok’s

Obviously they making money to throw an endorsement deal at his fat ass…”
    ________

Not like they was. It’s not like you can’t look it up. They was right on Nike’s heels in the mid 90’s. Now they coudln’t afford to rent out one of Nike’s wharehouses.

======================
    :dead: I.HATE.YOU. :rofl: yall gone let that stallion make it

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Why they mouf so quiet when it is depicted there?
    I HATE when rape is depicted in a movie. It makes my stomach hurt. Do I think to try to protest the movie….I guess if never watching it again is considered protesting it…then yeah. I’own write no letters or nothing though. :shrugs: (Usually by the time I see it it’s on TV anyway-pointless by then.)

@ Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Why they mouf so quiet when it is depicted there?

————-

They say it’s art imitating life :rolleyes: …..I say: Nigga Please in my best ShoNuff from The Last Dragon voice.

_____________________________

I think she means more along the lines of glorification of rape.. maybe..nobody (with a thinking process) would balk at a period piece with rape scenes.

Gigi26 says:

Why they mouf so quiet when it is depicted there?
    ———————————–

But i’m sleep though :tea:

NaijaGal says:

but most times a spade is a spade :shrug:

Nakeya_j says:

:hug: Jenie!!

you not gone tell her she not fly

:lol: :heart:

________

So that’s a “no”

San says:

…is that a goatee I see?
    can’t be..<—HEHE

Gigi26 says:

@OTB: MAAAN I was HOT ya heard meh?! I was up for an hour doing that chit and was like like yaaas this chit gonna come out poppin. Even sat under the dryer for a lil bit… :no: NOPE!

I ain’t gonna give up though..I got two more tries before I get my tracks put back :rofl:

@GIGI
    “Man you’re glazing over why ppl got upset about this chit. It was the WAY HE SAID IT. He said it in such a way that you wouldn’t catch it when you first hear it and that’s even more dangerous because its SUBLIMINAL. Now play that chit over and over to some impressionable teenager, the chit can have horrid consequences. He crossed the line period. ”
    _________

:blink:
    What kind of malarkey… so it would have better if he just EXPLICITLY said “raped that hoe and blah blah blah?”

So the retarded child that you speak of, can pick up on the subliminal lyrics in the song but not the EXPLICIT depictions he can get ANYWHERE ELSE? Is that what you are saying?

renegadesince1985 says:

Rape in a movie/book/tv is usually a part of story in which the rapist is punished in the end. Also, it’s depicted as a something that is wrong and perverse, for example L&O SVU.

Rick Ross’s lyric is basically saying I drug women and assault them and it’s cool to do that….

There’s the difference.

If you can’t get your dinky wet the regular way, either pay someone or be dry
    KEYA

Oh Em Gee! :wail:

OTB you already know :tea: them Kswiss kinda pricey, so I might get my dad to polish the old ones before I order some more. Shoot Kswiss last a while :yes:

…is that a goatee I see?
    can’t be..<—HEHE

_______

@MAN: I give up. You play devil’s advocate there :lol:

Diva says:

:yawn: somebody pour me a drink

Nakeya_j says:

If you can’t get your dinky wet the regular way, either pay someone or be dry
    KEYA

Oh Em Gee!
    —-
    What?! And don’t say I’m not shyt either! lol

________________________

@Gigs sitting under the dryer for a lil bit :no: :rofl: No ma’am! Thick 4c..at least an hour if youre trying to wear it right then OR 30mins dryer plus some overnight!

I love a knot out. So flyy.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

________

So that’s a “no”
    If that’s how you interpreted it…sure.

Apparition says:

—————————————————-
    It benefitted him though. Since when has banning or removing anything from our society quelled our appetite for it. His image was the “crazy” white boy who hated his parents/bm. His target demographic was white teens and their angst. They ate that shyt up.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

…is that a goatee I see?
    can’t be..<—HEHE

_______

:tea:

Hrm. @em or dap 'em.® :tea:

@RENEGAE
    “Rape in a movie/book/tv is usually a part of story in which the rapist is punished in the end”

USUALLY. Your words.

Not always. Nor is it necessary or that they be “punished in the end” for it not to be glorified. Hannibal Lecture is one of the most revered characters in fiction because he avoids consequences for his actions.

Not any of that had anything to do with what I asked.
    The FACT is if it was depicted in ANY other media NOTHING would have been said, mentioned or noted about it.

So the retarded child that you speak of

Swift ride to hell for “reatrded” Lol

@ renegadesince1985 says:

There’s the difference.

————

I see your point…so in a sense, if he had rapped a disclaimer in the same song, it would’ve cancelled out or nahh? You from round these parts?

Real talk, I think that rape is something that all rappers should stay clear from…wanna advocate? Make a commercial or star in your own Saturday morning special.

:smack: Look. Fukk that chit’o’clock where I’m at. #apologies in advance :no:

@VA
    “I HATE when rape is depicted in a movie. It makes my stomach hurt. Do I think to try to protest the movie….I guess if never watching it again is considered protesting it…then yeah. I’own write no letters or nothing though. (Usually by the time I see it it’s on TV anyway-pointless by then.)
    ________

So that’s a “no”
    If that’s how you interpreted it…sure.
    _________

That’s what it was. A “no.” You are free to directly contradict me here.

@NikkeMinxx says:

____________________________________________________
    On. The. Flo’. :dead:

So I guess my font is white!!!! :cuss:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

___________________________
    Dog subliminal messages been in lyrics :tea: what you think the industry motives are :tea: and it still don’t make it right either. This has gone on from the test of time :shrugs: what one generation accept the next will embrace, case and point, (the lyrics back in the 90’s and early 2000’s in rap) now look at the lyrics now, not only are they worse, but they are also pointless. But whatever good for Reebok and damn his fat azz !

somebody pour me a drink

*passes Divurr the rest of this Naked green drank bullchit*

Ion like all the matter in my mouf. :no:

KyCakes says:

@Man This is Reebok’s statement as to why they dropped the portly rapper:

“While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse.”

And there it is, folks.

When he went on the radio show where he basically said “everyone misconstrued the lyrics”, he fukked himself.

There was nothing to misconstrue, you big dummy.

Nigguh should just apologized and kept it moving… :coffee:

Gigi26 says:

@OTB: Ahhh okay. I’ma do the hour thing. Cuz I slept with that shyt and my pillowcases all got grease stains n chit :no: :rofl: I was pissed clean awf. Lawd help meh cuz I’m trying…

On. The. Flo’.

Nikk :hug: Come on now. Youve been around a molly crowd. You know its true. The ppl who are not high..are very obvious.

iAmChan says:

SO….uhh…umm….yall know it’s Freaky Friday and all. Who’s taking off early to get some pre nightfall booty?

@JENIE
    “can pick up on the subliminal lyrics in the song but not the EXPLICIT depictions he can get ANYWHERE ELSE? Is that what you are saying?
    ___________________________
    Dog subliminal messages been in lyrics what you think the industry motives are and it still don’t make it right either. This has gone on from the test of time what one generation accept the next will embrace, case and point, (the lyrics back in the 90?s and early 2000?s in rap) now look at the lyrics now, not only are they worse, but they are also pointless. But whatever good for Reebok and damn his fat azz !

That’s not in dispute. Gigi’s concern was that some retarded kid was going to pick up on the subliminal message that it was “ok” to rape…

…while being completely ignorant to every other form of media depicting rape all around him. How that would be possible, I don’t know.

:tea: @Ky Ky well then ….. sounds pretty legit to me !

Gigi26 says:

There was nothing to misconstrue, you big dummy.

Nigguh should just apologized and kept it moving…
    ————————————-
    And there you have it. They were watching him and he would’ve been straight if he said “I’m sorry” and did a PSA :lol:

Naked green drank :heart:

KyCakes says:

To date Ross, aka William Leonard Roberts II…
    —————————————————————-
    Fuggin’ :dead: at this nigguh’s ‘Christian name’….

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@JENIE
    ___________________________

Ok :coffee:

Nigguh should just apologized and kept it moving…

Where are his ppl? :no: All that money lost.

somebody pour me a drink

*passes Divurr the rest of this Naked green drank bullchit*

Ion like all the matter in my mouf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :nono: I want some good shyt!

@KY
    “This is Reebok’s statement as to why they dropped the portly rapper:

:huh:
    …and you BELIEVE that they dropped him cause his (unnecessary and unwarranted) “apology” wasn’t sufficient?

I got this here snake oil to sell you if that’s the case.

“I’m sorry” and did a PSA

And a hefty sum to a women’s shelter or something. :lol:

Who’s taking off early to get some pre nightfall booty?

*caught out there face*

@DIVA

Lookin good in that gravie… I know you thinking bout me when you took that pic.

Diva says:

Who’s taking off early to get some pre nightfall booty?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :wave: *raises hand*

NaijaGal says:

I agree with everything MAN has fonted in this here thread…LAWD I need some straight vodka :lol:

iAmChan says:

This convo was supposed to go left like 200 posts ago. This topic lingers like a fonky trash can.

Geez, rape is wrong, speech is free, but not free enough to speak about the wrong shyt without people getting pissed about what your speaking on. The End.

KyCakes says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@KY
    “This is Reebok’s statement as to why they dropped the portly rapper:

:huh:

I got this here snake oil to sell you if that’s the case.
    ———————————————————————
    Did I SAY I believed it? No sir, I didn’t, but that was Reebok’s statement.
    I can certainly agree with the assertion that he failed to understand the seriousness of the lyrics, though…

Lawd @Gigs :rofl: :rofl: You know how we have special undies for certain times..special pilla cases too. :rofl:

Try to do some drying to jumpstart, then wrap it up in a scarf to air dry while you sleep. In the morning, take out one from the thickest part of your hair to check the set. If its still damp, jump under the dryer again.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@DIVA

Lookin good in that gravie… I know you thinking bout me when you took that pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thank you man!!!! :rofl: :rofl: *whispers* you tryna be one of my e-boo’s on the sly….I know you is!!!!

:preach: :hahaha:

KyCakes says:

Who’s taking off early to get some pre nightfall booty?
    —————————————————————–
    I haven’t had ass in so long.. :wail:

William Leonard Roberts
    =================
    that’s a nice name…his parents had high hopes for him

Lookin good in that gravie… I know you thinking bout me when you took that pic.

:wail: :rofl: Anddddd we right back to our regularly scheduled fonting.

Great debate guys. :heart:

Did General Hospital get dropped by sponsors when Luke raped Laura back in the early 80’s?

*poof*

KITA :hug: :hi: Friday!

@NAIJA
    “I agree with everything MAN has fonted in this here thread…LAWD I need some straight vodka ”

I can’t stand no ol foolishness. Come out en masse on chit like this cause Ross an ol retarded azz nigga that don’t know how to defend himself. SMH. Don’t help that he look like he would really NEED to do that chit.

But let Idris Elba or Lance Gross or … what’s another nigga these hoes be swooning after…. :think: Tyler Perry do that chit in a movie and they all like this :thumbsup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *scoots chair next to Naija* pour me some

I got a taste for some egg nog for some odd reason. :(

Get the gurl a DRANK :rofl: :rofl:

Diva says:

Did General Hospital get dropped by sponsors when Luke raped Laura back in the early 80?s?

*poof*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BAM

:hug: @ Shaun :kiss:

Happy Friday.

*scoots chair next to Naija* pour me some
    ===============
    Ketalone on ice? :cheers:

@DIVA
    “Lookin good in that gravie… I know you thinking bout me when you took that pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thank you man!!!! *whispers* you tryna be one of my e-boo’s on the sly….I know you is!!!!

:huh:
    :nono:
    I’m THINKING about letting you come back on my team. But you gotta show me a titty or something so I know you serious.

iAmChan says:

*Thinks of an X Rated story to font, but figures that I should wait for a new post so it won’t be deemed tasteless due to the nature of this here post*

Decides not to font just to be safe.

I am so with you. I am saddened..because I dont think he “gets” it.

@ Shaun…Did you get the text I sent you about Shaniece Wilson? :yes:

*poof*
    ———-

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@DIVA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :rofl: :boobs: <—-my tittays

Apparition says:

I watched Revenge of the Nerds when I was a kid and that nerd guy raped ol girl (she ain’t even know it) in the funhouse. Don’t think I’ve ever heard any backlash about that scene and to this day they haven’t edited it out when they play it on tv. And she liked it. And he ended up with her….. :think:

Tyler Perry do that chit in a movie and they all like this

:rofl: :rofl: Now you aint chit

:think:

Ok, I know it’s Friday and “real gravie day.”

Let’s all state who has up their real gravie.

Ima start.

<<<me about 17 years ago.

I got a taste for some egg nog for some odd reason.
    ______

I dreamed about fish last night. :tea: Is it you? :tea:

Diva says:

I got a taste for some egg nog for some odd reason.
    ______

I dreamed about fish last night. Is it you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Those fish dreams are no joke!!!!! Who preggars?

@CHAN
    “Thinks of an X Rated story to font, but figures that I should wait for a new post so it won’t be deemed tasteless due to the nature of this here post*

Decides not to font just to be safe.”

Mayne say that chit. It’s Friday. Half the hoes in here already got Mollys in they system so you good.

:yes: @KITA :heart: Im all smiles today too. Wrapping it up..tonight :tea:

Pickachu Tran says:

:newpost:

Revenge of the Nerds

@App :ashamed: Ermahgawd. This movie..you to have me so hot and bothered as a child. :ashamed: One of my all time favs.

He totally raped her. :yes:

BadNewzBiddy says:

I think he probable did rape women, (or male inmates at his job), before he was a BIG rap star (pun intended).

Diva says:

I got a taste for some egg nog for some odd reason.
    ______
    I dreamed about fish last night. Is it you?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Those fish dreams are no joke!!!!! Who preggars?

Yep my sister dreamed about some fish the other day too :tea: well I know its not my azz

Didn’t the movie “The Accused” win Jodie Foster an Oscar? Wasn’t it about rape? But Officer Ricky say something and its an uproar. I aint making light of rape. It is serious biz. I AM JUST SAYING

*poof agane*

:blink: :rofl: @ Wrapping it up

iAmChan says:

One time I had a dream that I was ****roach from The Cosby Show and when I went to pick Theo up to go play basketball, I caught Denise doing some strange things to some of her “girlfriends” from Hillman College….she thought I was gon snitch and invited me to participate. I really wasn’t gonna tell nobody, but sheen eem know it.

What’s with yall and the fish?! :huh:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@VA
    ________

So that’s a “no”
    If that’s how you interpreted it…sure.
    _________

That’s what it was. A “no.” You are free to directly contradict me here.
    Like I said, I don’t write letters. I just don’t watch. Just like I hate Beyonce, but I don’t boycott her concerts. I just don’t go to them. So no, I don’t write nasty letters to directors and producers. No I don’t go outside with signs and buckets of blood. I just don’t look at that shyt again.

I’own really know what else you need me to say. But whatever it is…consider it said and let’s chalk this up to a L. I’m getting off early today, it’s nice outside…I aint trying to go back and forth all day. :lol:

K Dub

I aint never watched General Hospital but I know Luke and Laura are supposed to have the ultimate love story….so you say he raped her?

:shocked:

I know on Young and Restless Michael Baldwin raped Cricket, then she opened a law practice with him. :no:

A whole list of them on Google:

8 Romantic Songs You Didn’t Know Were About Rape

Google Luke and Laura rape. It was a BIG deal back in the day. They lost no sponsors (that I know of) and back then soaps had ALOT of sponsors. Proctor and Gamble. GE. General Mills, etc.

Their son Lucky stopped talking to his azz in like 1993 b/c he found out about it.

Tt says:

Eminem didn’t have an endorsement deal with Reebok, or anyone for that matter as I recall, when he was doing the foolishness.. So who exactly you referencing when you said ‘they didn’t drop him’? His record label..? Neither did potato heads, up there- So your point in mute. Apples to oranges.
    Can’t stand race baiting.

Mel Gibson hasn’t had work since his tirade about the Jews & Nike just dropped the white blade runner guy who allegedly shot his girl up.

Instead of saying Reebok only did what they did to calm the protest of ‘white women’, you could’ve acknowledged it was the right thing to do regardless but you pull off into left field on some bullchit.

Rape affects every race & not only the whities protest.

Audacious2 says:

:thinking:

Reebok: “…While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse.”

++++++++++++++++

Sounds like they would have reconsidered, but based on his lame weak azz apology & arrogant manner, wasn’t flying with them.

Hard Hitter "Unchained" says:

This situation is stupid. Molly is not a “knock out” drug. It’s just a lyric. Stand Your ground Ross! Need I quote lines from your other favorite rappers that were more serious. It’s just entertainment folks. Why folks find it cool to hate on Ross and other winning rappers (eg-Wayne, Jay, etc). I guess being on top…

cocosilk73 says:

I have zero sympathy for these conglomerates. They may want the artist who is the ‘in’ thing at the moment, but they can afford to do background checks on these artists before signing them to lucrative deals. You can have all the moral clauses you want in a contract, but when the poop hits the deck, don’t be surprised when some lands at your feet. With all the serial dating she’s doing, Swift was a better choice as a spokesperson for their company.

cocoa49 says: