Florida Senator Marco Rubio wants President Obama to explain exactly what Beyonce and her aging rapper husband Jay Z were doing in Cuba last week. The hip hop couple supposedly celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary in Cuba, despite the existing U.S. embargo prohibiting American tourists from traveling to Cuba.
Rubio, and other Florida elected officials, already know that Obama used Beyonce and Jay Z for propaganda purposes -- to encourage American tourism to the communist island nation. It's obvious to them that Obama is planning to lift all travel restrictions to Cuba eventually.
“According to recent news reports, Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s Cuba trip, which the regime seized on for propaganda purposes, was fully licensed by the Treasury Department,” Rubio said in a public statement on Monday. “If true, the Obama administration should explain exactly how trips like these comply with U.S. law and regulations governing travel to Cuba and it should disclose how many more of these trips they have licensed.”
Rubio said the 51-year U.S. tourism embargo against Cuba is valid and necessary because tourism dollars helps fund a “cruel, repressive and murderous regime.”
“U.S. law clearly bans tourism to Cuba by American citizens because it provides money to a cruel, repressive and murderous regime,” Rubio said in the statement. “Since their inception, the Obama administration’s ‘people to people’ cultural exchange programs have been abused by tourists who have no interest in the Cuban people’s freedom and either don’t realize or don’t care that they’re essentially funding the regime’s systematic trampling of people’s human rights.”
On Friday, Florida Republicans Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart sent a letter to the Treasury Department politely requesting more information on Beyonce and Jay Z's propaganda trip to Cuba.
“We write to express concern and to request information regarding the highly publicized trip by U.S. musicians Beyoncé Knowles-Carter (Beyoncé) and Shawn Carter (Jay-Z) to Cuba,” they wrote in the letter.
Prominent Cuban Americans in Florida are outraged. They plan to protest Beyonce's upcoming concert there in July and Jay Z's concert in August.
More from Sandrarose.com: