Black Mayor’s Conference Head Owes Grand Hustle Execs $126K

Vanessa Williams lawsuit

Vanessa Williams, executive director of the National Conference of Black Mayors, owes over $126,000 in defaulted loans and attorney’s fees to 2 top executives of rapper T.I.’s Grand Hustle Records.

Court records obtained by FOX 5 senior I-Team reporter Dale Russell shows that the National Conference of Black Mayors leaves a trail of unpaid bills around the country. The black mayor’s group, with over 580 mayors, owes almost $1 million in unpaid bills, liens and court judgments against them.

The annual mayor’s conference will be held in Atlanta next week, but as Dale Russell has learned, the head of the convention is leaving a trail of unpaid loans, liens and judgments herself.

Vanessa Williams lawsuit

Grand Hustle CEO Jason Geter and Grand Hustle General Manager Hannah Kang thought they were helping out a friend when Vanessa Williams came to them seeking a loan to fill a short term gap in the Conference budget.

Williams, a smooth talker, played on Geter and Kang’s strong religious faith. Geter and Kang advanced Williams a loan of $90,000. She promised to pay the money back in a timely manner.

But Geter and Kang never got their money back. In fact, Williams issued them 2 checks that bounced.

It took years and the legwork of private investigators to haul Williams and the National Conference of Black Mayors into court. Geter and Kang won a judgment of $126,125.50 against the organization.

But Williams protected her assets by transferring property into the names of her husband and family members.

When Dale Russell caught up to Williams, she blamed all of the conference’s problems on “embezzlement” by a former insider.

She claimed she was paying people back and she promised to provide documents to support her claims. But on the day she was scheduled to meet with Russell, she cancelled the meeting without explanation.

“They felt a little bit betrayed… by someone who holds them self out to be a pillar of the community,” said Michael Miller, the attorney representing Geter.

“There has never been any intent to pay my clients back,” said Miller.

The Grand Hustle executives were forced to start the legal process all over again when their previous attorney, Charles Mathis, died of a heart attack in 2011.

• Atlanta Mayor Sues Lipstick Alley for Slander
  • Allen Iverson and Tawanna Iverson Reach Divorce Settlement
  • BREAKING: FBI Probing Judicial Corruption in Connection with Raymond vs Raymond Case
  • Woman sues doctor for informing her she was HIV positive

57 Responses to “Black Mayor’s Conference Head Owes Grand Hustle Execs $126K”

Betamax82 says:

She looks like Brons Vanna in about 20 more years :kona:

leTs talk bout Hanna Kang :tea:

LSLH says:

Good Afternoon Sandra Rose

Hey everybody! Hope you’re all doing well. Rollll Calllll……

Anna
      EastPointVet

:rules: PAY YO BILLS!!!!

She probably ate :pizza: some of the proceeds :kona:

DENISEEE :chase: LMAO @ “did they run out of medium..” :rofl:

goat76 says:

ORANGE AND BLUE

Only orangeeeee blueeeee that really matters *gator chomps*
      ————————
      I’m gonna let that slide, cause I really like you and your lipps!!

#NOLES

She looks like Brons Vanna in about 20 more years

:thankyou: Someone fwd this to Lebron. He seems to think im “hating” when I say such. :shrug:

*jacked
      LONDON — The slaying of a British soldier in southeast London cast a spotlight on radical preachers that influenced Michael Adebolajo, the attacker seen in videos with bloody hands holding a butcher knife. It also raised questions about the reach of the terrorist group al-Shabab, after a British government official said one of the two men tried to go to Somalia to train or fight with the group. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the police investigation.

leTs talk bout Hanna Kang

:warning: Do we wanna live to font anotha day? :kona:

eastpointvet says:

i made the cut saved the best for last LSLH lol how are u

LSLH! :wave:

Come tell us what yo mama been up to? :lol:

BCinKS says:

She’s right. I bet the financial problems ARE due to embezzlement, but I don’t believe the “former” part. She know she skimming off the top.

eastpointvet says:

Hannah Kang is awesome since we have the same bday

I sure do miss YourNameUsedtoBeGyp. :heart: She stacking coins somewhere huh. Imma go to her FB see if I can borrow a dolla.

*jacked

Visit the Maldive Islands Before It’s Too Late

The Republic of the Maldives is a popular destination for beach-loving travelers, but if you haven’t yet visited the cluster of islands, time may be running out. The vacation spot could find itself under water before long.

According to NPR, climate change and rising sea levels could cause the country to sink below sea level. The 1,190 islands have an average ground level of 1.5 meters, and are spread over 35,000 square miles of the Indian Ocean off the western coast of Sri Lanka.

“Over half of our islands are eroding at an alarming rate,” President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom
      said at the U.N.’s 2007 climate change meeting. “In some cases, island communities have had to be relocated to safer islands. Without immediate action, the long-term habitation of our tiny islands is in serious doubt.”

However, Professor Paul Kench of the University of Auckland in New Zealand doesn’t agree. In a 2009 L.A. Times article, the coastal geomorphologist said, “The outlook for the Maldives is not all doom and gloom. The islands won’t be the same, but they will still be there.”

In his published report conducted with other scientists from Australia, New Zealand and the Maldives, Kench claims that the islands can adjust to the environmental changes, and ultimately change shape and build vertically.

:steer: Road Trip anybody? :rofl: :rofl:

Gigi26 says:

That bytch don’t even look trustworthy :no:

Betamax82 says:

She looks like Brons Vanna in about 20 more years

____________________________________

goat76 says:

LSLH :wave:

I’m gonna let that slide, cause I really like you and your lipps!!

#NOLES

:lol: :love: For shame I will root for Miami…UCF..JU..chit Broward Tech ‘fore I root for SemiHoes. :hahaha:

Miany says:

^^^ Charles Mathis? That would be Chris Bosh’s baby mother’s daddy right?? Everything else I read was just business as usual. you loan money to a friend with bad credit, don’t hold ur breath for repayment

:hahaha: anyways everyone have a marvelous weekend :waves: , I will be back tonight to :kiss: my Bren Bren !!

i made the cut saved the best for last LSLH lol how are u
      ________

I used to be sick when I didnt make her list :wallslide:

Well, when I saw pics of them rolling in the drop I thought :thinking: Self, Yep, OTB would’ve been SharBer :yes: :cool:

Is :thankyou: crosseyed from spinning around the pole?

The vacation spot could find itself under water before long.

_____

Well cot damn :lol:

Global Warming :warning: I created the internet..

:nite: Jenny

I’m about to go too, folks keep walking past :rofl:

LSLH says:

:offtopic:

My cousin was picked up by the FBI, US Marshals, ATF, local police, SWAT, etc…… On a drug charge. Our family had NO idea he was trafficking! He was bringing in $5 million dollars a year. Side note: he borrowed $20.00 from me last week! What?! We’re still looking like this –> :blink: he allegedly threw $50,000.00 out the window when they came to pick him up. This negro has a college degree and a job! There’s no excuse for what he has done. He has really messed up. My mama had a lot to say about him.

Betamax82 says:

LSLH :hi:

Bye Jenay! :wave:

MzDimplez1123 says:

Is :thankyou: crosseyed from spinning around the pole?

He is DRUNK! :lol:

Miany says:

:hi: LSLH
      ORANGE AND BLUE…yall know what I meant too NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS!!!
      **kicks ALL the Gator memorabilia**

goat76 says:

I’m gonna let that slide, cause I really like you and your lipps!!

#NOLES

——————–

That was cold!!!
      I see we gonna have to put UFags back y’all place.

Do your lil OTB’s have favorites(UM,FSU,UF)

I thought Self, Yep, OTB would’ve been SharBer

:pc: <–me on her instagramm looking all in her house. :huh:

:cuss: "If you would just move that lamp to the left, maybe you could get cho ring, Savannah!" :smack:

OTB the pic looks sooooo pretty yo! It’s on aol :tea:

:thankyou: crosseyed from spinning around the pole?

crosseyed from the chit she took that got her spinning on the pole? :snort:

Miany says:

Bye Jenie…see ya
      :dead: @MzDimples… calling the thank you chick crossed eyed :lol: the shii folk notice

WerkInprogress says:

:hug: JeanieFDB :nite: njoy ur weekend.

WerkInprogress says:

:thankyou: <—— is definitely ****y eyed. He got eyes like my uncle

My cousin was picked up by the FBI, US Marshals, ATF, local police, SWAT, etc…… On a drug charge. Our family had NO idea he was trafficking! He was bringing in $5 million dollars a year. Side note: he borrowed $20.00 from me last week! What?! We’re still looking like this –> he allegedly threw $50,000.00 out the window when they came to pick him up. This negro has a college degree and a job! There’s no excuse for what he has done. He has really messed up. My mama had a lot to say about him.
      _________

Well cot damn *money eyes*

I hate to be insensitive, but where they keeping him? Is he married? Imma drop him a kite.. :kona:

That was cold!!!
      I see we gonna have to put UFags back y’all place.

Do your lil OTB’s have favorites(UM,FSU,UF)

:lol: :cold: as a polar bears toenails, you sir.

You know we raise them from the dirt Gator babies. When your kid is born in Gainesville, they get Gator bibs and booties in the hospital :lol:

OTB the pic looks sooooo pretty yo! It’s on aol
      _______

She mustve took my tips. Let me go pick it ..apart. :tea:

:hater:

Im Back :rolleyes:

Ummh SaVannah is looking realy Hawt these days,just seen a pic of her and BRON.
      Yes she certainly lOOks a cheeseburger away from being a chubster :(

@MIANY
      No that’s not Cb babymama daddy,alOt of people got the two confussed when they first heard bout Alison Mathis

goat76 says:

LSLH says:

:offtopic:

———————-
      I’d be super pissed about my $20

Was he really bring in $5 milli’s? Probably, probably not. But them Feds wanna hit’em with that RICO so they make it look attractive.

Gigi26 says:

That bytch up top been buying remy and eating good off the hog :yes:

Gigi26 says:

If he brought in 5 million a year chances are he had less than that cuz he had to give some to his connect n shyt :yes:

WerkInprogress says:

:newpost: of Amanda Bynes looking like Sasquatch. Iffin yall care

goat76 says:

That was cold!!!
      I see we gonna have to put UFags back y’all place.

Do your lil OTB’s have favorites(UM,FSU,UF)

:lol: :cold: as a polar bears toenails, you sir.

—————
      Oh god, the thought of this makes me wanna :vomit:

Well cot damn *money eyes*

@LSLH
      SERIOUS note what state is he in?

LSLH says:

Luvn

It’s Alabama

MsB2u says:

@LSLH
      :hi:

PAGESINADIARY says:

yeah, where I work, they had this same event and never paid us either. we had to write it off. its been years.

convention centers beaware!!!!!!