Boy Scouts Vote to Admit Openly Gay Boys

Boy Scouts Vote to Admit Openly Gay Boys Yesterday, the Boy Scouts of America voted to admit openly gay boys for the first time. But Pascal Tessier, 16, has mixed feelings about the historic decision. At 16, he is one step away from earning his Eagle Scout — the highest honor for a Boy Scout. He is also openly gay.

“I was thinking that today could be my last day as a Boy Scout,” Tessier said. “Obviously, for gay Scouts like me, this vote is life-changing.”

Tessier is concerned that he will be kicked out of the organization when he turns 18.

That’s because, despite ongoing pressure from gay rights advocates and corporate sponsors, the Boy Scouts of America remains resistant to allowing openly gay scout leaders.

“That one couple hours (between 17 and 18) will make me not a good person,” Tessier said.

Tessier is not the only openly gay Boy Scout who finds himself between a rock and a hard place. In California, Scout officials refused to grant the Eagle Scout rank to Ryan Andresen, 18, who came out as gay last year.

Of the 200,000 leaders, parents and youth members who responded to a survey sent out by the Boy Scouts of America, 60% voted to end the exclusion of openly gay boys in the Boy Scouts.

The archaic ban on openly gay boys within the Boy Scouts was illogical in its reasoning. Boys don’t turn out boys, gay men do.

Although the vast majority of gays are not child molesters, the majority of child molesters within America’s tiny 4% population of gays are men.

The Scouts can’t take the chance of even one boy being molested while on a camping trip in the mountains with a gay scout leader. For that reason the ban on openly gay Scout leaders should never be lifted.

Photo: TONY GUTIERREZ/AP

• NBA Rookie Josh Selby says “I’m just curious, not gay”
  • Hosea Chanchez is Not Gay
  • 49ers Chris Culliver Apologizes for Anti-Gay Statements
  • The Straight Male’s Guide to Recognizing Trannies in the Clubs

• http://twitter.com/eastpointvet eastpointvet

I cant see this ending well under any scenario. say no to the gays they will protest. allow them in then you have all these impressionable boys with openly gay people and it could create other problems. its a lose lose situation.

• Betamax82

:lipssealed:

:facepalm:

• Smonae

Aint nobody got time fo dis chit, lil boys gone be getting it on in camp now :coffee:

• Betamax82

* :lipssealed:

• Miany

I aint a biggot cuz hate takes too much energy. I love everyone who knows how to treat others. I could care less who you fugg or how u take pipe.
      I detest bully azz gays :homoswitch: The boy scouts didn’t want gays, it should be their right. I can’t make rules at my own company without outside folk who don’t even really wanna JOIN bullying me?? :wtf: kinda war on straights is this

• MissTaken

Why so I need to know your sexual preference :shrugs:

• Gigi26

I have nothing for this, these dudes ain’t selling cookies so I don’t care let em in…

Ahh they let in Lezzies in the Girl Scouts?

• MissTaken

Baby crying gotta go bbl :waves:

• Diva

This ghey shyt really working my nerves!!!! Just keep that shyt to yo self like ya’ll use to back in the day! :smack:

:facepalm: my god !!! sn: other bloggers are finally giving you credit winning Sandra :trophy:

• Ty

Fay & Diva :happy: :wave: Who ever I missed…trying to get outta here early today

@ OTB driving through my part :rofl:

Gigi26 says:

Ahh they let in Lezzies in the Girl Scouts?
      ————————-
      NOoooooooooooooooooooo we gots to protect the Brownies and GS! :rofl:

• Gigi26

Anywhoo about that “Hate being sober” song…I heard that shyt for the first time when my homie was djing a gig and my IQ dropped 10 points in .5 mintues. Literally. And these niggas REQUEST THAT SHYT like its straight FIRE :eek: :blink:

I mean the song is so stupid but these idiots get HYPE when it drops. :no:

Why so I need to know your sexual preference

Real questions. :eek:

Diva says:

See this :fistbump: bring it in :hug:

Ty is that part spose to be IN-DI-VIS-ABLE? :waiting:

• Smonae

People just take chit too far, who cares who u f’n, keep that chit to yourself :wtf:

• Miany

My thing is if an organization has a rule and you don’t like it, don’t join. PERIOD!!! Don’t bully em to let you in. Go on and start a different scout program where you can make exclusive to gays or you can choose to make it open to all…
      You don’t see straight folk tryna fight GLADD?
      Should I go :cuss: GLADD out cuz they aint fighting for my rights?

• PumpkinsMama

So now the troops gonna tie they sashes roundst they necks likes scarves? :rofl: :kona:

Baby crying gotta go bbl

:lol: Yall on a roadtrip yes?

When we were kids we would post pics and chit all over the car windows..my mama had a station wagon. :steer:

:woot: <–really says "we hate road trips!" and "what are you looking at"

Diva says:

Ty is that part spose to be IN-DI-VIS-ABLE?

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

:waves: <—rainbow flag

who run the wurl? :gay:

• Ty

eastpointvet says:

:cosign:

• PumpkinsMama

@ Miany WORD!

@ Miss damn you! Don’t take that dimple away :wail:

Why so I need to know your sexual preference

Real questions. :eek:
      ————————-
      I ain’t never seent so many young dykes and punks in my life…they all out da closet. Growing up there were many but you never knew by them saying it….enough is enough…and I gots plenty in my family too! some out some still in da closet…I like it dat a way!

:rofl: Fay :hahaha:

• Betamax82

PumpkinsMama says:

So now the troops gonna tie they sashes roundst they necks likes scarves?
      _______________________________________

• Diva

@Pumpkin *looks around for Milky* well um I better not say it….. :winky: FEVER!!!!!!

• luVn_liFe…

<–really says "we hate road trips!" and "what are you looking at"

lol

Diva says:

Why so I need to know your sexual preference
      Real questions.
      ————————-

I’m starting to think there are more gay black men then sprites :thinking:

• goat76

This shat is Kray.

You’re gonna let gay boys in. They spend all these years being Boy Scouts. When they get old enough, they won’t be allowed to be Scout leaders?

• cougar lover

:no:

Baby crying gotta go bbl

:lol: Yall on a roadtrip yes?

:woot: <–really says "we hate road trips!" and "what are you looking at"
      ———————
      My bad azz use to shoot the bird and lay down in the back seat! :rofl:

• TruGemini

So how did this whole dispute even get started :shrugs:

Was it a gay troop leader or a mom with a gay son who couldn’t understand why her boy, who obviously doesn’t want to be a boy, couldn’t join the scouts??

This world I tell ya….I seen the gayest gay person I’ve ever seen in my life, and he was only 13 yrs old…. :no:

• GAGIRL87

I’m back!!!!! :yahoo: the pee tester dude was tryna flirt and shyt :rolleyes: boi stop :coffee:

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

chile cheese! they will have this fixed by COB tuh-day! :tea:

• OutsidetheBox

Growing up there were many but you never knew by them saying it….

:yes: We knew but nobody really cared. We played with the sweet boys and tomboy girls and all. :shrug:

It makes me a little sad now tho cause I see these kids not getting played with much now. Usually kids play with erybody ya know? :| IDK. Sads.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Diva says:

Why so I need to know your sexual preference
      Real questions.
      ————————-

I’m starting to think there are more gay black men then sprites :thinking:
      ————————–
      :nono: they is equal amounts chile!!!!!!

• PumpkinsMama

@ Divaaaaaa :boobs: If you could 4give her 4 that “Man” fiasco she should be cool :rofl:

Where is Milky :thinking:

• Gigi26

Man ain’t no queens gonna join the boy scouts so they don’t have to worry about them being sissified.

However this will hurt them because the stigma of being gay in certain states will affect membership. ESPECIALLY in the BIBLE BELT.

:tea: Try to be as liberal as you want but watch it backfire in certain areas.

• PumpkinsMama

@ Goat GREAT POINT! I didn’t even think about that :eek:

• Diva

Growing up there were many but you never knew by them saying it….

———————-
      EXACTLY!!!! Now these kids are being singled out, labeled and harrassed. Shid I played wif errbody!!!!

• VDot

So now the troops gonna tie they sashes roundst they necks likes scarves?

________________________

:rofl: They gon have Vogue and Ascots skill tests

PumpkinsMama says:

Where is Milky :thinking:
      ——————-
      ION know…she prolly working like Kunte! Yeah I guess you is right…she was riding Man’s tip for a minute. :rofl:

• Ty

Diva says:

Gigi26 says:

Ahh they let in Lezzies in the Girl Scouts?
      ————————-
      NOoooooooooooooooooooo we gots to protect the Brownies and GS!
      IKR cause if they come for my Lemonades and Trefoils, all hell is going to break loose :karate:

and yes its invisible hun :hahaha:

• OutsidetheBox

Kids got it made these days. :no: We aint have no teebees in the wagon. :no: Or no handheld ‘lectronics.

Nah son. Betta do them crosswords puzzles, read them books, color them pages, find out where the fukk Waldo at. :no: Otherwise sleep!

LOL. They dont know our struggle yall. We go on road trips now, my kids dont even talk to me..(I know..I dont mind..) :lol:

• PumpkinsMama

@ V-Dot Gin have Badges in best twirl :nun: and sashay :rofl:

• Miany

goat76 says:
      This shat is Kray.
      ^^ Nah…by then there will be another public outcry and that gay boy who grew up to be a gay man will be scout leader.
      @Jenie… :nono: The big black ones are more entertaining (since a big 6″8 in size 12 heels is such a contradiction) so media push em to the front but (plus u live in the ATL so I know you seeing a lot of black ones)… I see more yt ones than black ones here. I just haven’t noticed tooo many yt gays who walk around in drag all day :tea:

Ty says:

Diva says:

Gigi26 says:

Ahh they let in Lezzies in the Girl Scouts?
      ————————-
      NOoooooooooooooooooooo we gots to protect the Brownies and GS!

and yes its invisible hun :hahaha:
      ——————
      and my Samoas…they will get fugged all the way up!

The pee tester :rofl:

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

:warning:

before it’s all over with they gone have to change their name to “the human scouts” bc ya know, no need to be gender pacific & whatnot :tea:

• PumpkinsMama

@ Diva that shyt was scary :eek:

• Diva

@Ty :stop: iffin it is invisible, then why is it wide as the red sea? :kona:

• lovezoe

Diva :waves:

Sometimes folks do too much. Hubby and I were talking about how The New Normal failed while The Modern Family stay winning. Mitch and Cam just a regular ole couple. Dudes on The New Normal spooning and kissing. Nobody want to see that. There are other programs that build character aside from Boy Scouts.

• goat76

No better teacher of Life than me, for my son(future). Fcuk da Boy Scouts.

• Ty

PumpkinsMama says:

So now the troops gonna tie they sashes roundst they necks likes scarves
      :crying: :crying:

• VDot

find out where the fukk Waldo at.

________________________________

I used to get car sick, so I would hurry up and fall asleep :yes:

• GAGIRL87

OTB I love ur avi :love:

@ Fay :kiss:

Miany says:

goat76 says:
      This shat is Kray.
      @Jenie… The big black ones are more entertaining (since a big 6?8 in size 12 heels is such a contradiction) so media push em to the front but (plus u live in the ATL so I know you seeing a lot of black ones)… I see more yt ones than black ones here. I just haven’t noticed tooo many yt gays who walk around in drag all day

You know what :thinking: might be right, staying Atlanta that’s all you see :no:

• cougar lover

:zzz: > :rolleyes:

• Diva

@Pumpkin :yes: it twas!!!!

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

Yep :goodpost:

• OutsidetheBox

I’m starting to think there are more gay black men then sprites

I dont think so. So many Black men choose to live down low…

• Diva

@Cougar that bed feeling good, huh?

• GAGIRL87

jeniefrumdabloc says:

The pee tester
      ________________________________________________________________

@ Jenie
      :rofl: what’s their job title?

goat76 says:

No better teacher of Life than me, for my son(future). Fcuk da Boy Scouts.

You sound like my damn Dad :rofl: :hahaha:

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

:nun: <—newest boy scout

I love ur avi

I love yourn with yo purty self. :love:

Tried to do a stank face Gravi like yourn and Bey’s.. :facepalm: ..Still working on it.

You feel good about your test? :bite:

according to Gagirl Pee Tester ! Catch >>> :jack:

2. Hard girls wanting to join
      just too damn much…

SO what about the Girl Scouts :huh:

lovezoe says:

Diva :waves:

———————–
      and that last episode with Cy and his husband….. WTF we don’t need to see that shyt…nucca unbuttoning his pants and going down….fugg wrong with tv?

Shyte man IM REATTEEE ta GO!!!!! :steer:

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

:nun: <—newest boy scout

:dead:

• OutsidetheBox

No better teacher of Life than me, for my son(future). Fcuk da Boy Scouts.

:thankyou: for your (future) service to the Village!

@Gagirl come hither to Diva :hug:

• SugarPieHoneybunn

First of all, MY son would never be in the Boy Scouts because I would never let my son go off in the woods, camping, sleeping in tents, with some strange ass men.

I always thought of the Boy Scouts as Mini-Broke Back Mountain training anyway. Sh!ttin me.

:hahaha: #76

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

i :love: real gravi friday!

GA!! :heart: sup luv muffin?

• PumpkinsMama

@ GA Urine Procurer? :rofl:

:nun: <—newest boy scout

:rofl: :chase: BlasFemmy!

• GAGIRL87

OTB :ashamed: <<<<< really blushing lol

@ Jenie you too daymn much :rofl:

• goat76

jeniefrumdabloc says:

goat76 says:

No better teacher of Life than me, for my son(future). Fcuk da Boy Scouts.

You sound like my damn Dad
      ——————–
      Your dad knows what tha fcuk he’s talking bout.

That Boy Scouts ain’t teaching Black kids how to survive in this White mans World.

• Gigi26

No better teacher of Life than me, for my son(future). Fcuk da Boy Scouts
      —————————-
      I know that’s right!

My mom wasn’t about that Girls Scout shyt..hell my Pops wasn’t either. Wasn’t too keen on us being around Strangers :lol:

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

:dead:

• cougar lover

@ DIVA

shole do!!

• PumpkinsMama

Hey Goat I hunched you downstairs *whispers* don’t worry I told Diva it was a dry hump :winky:

• luVn_liFe…

The Positive Women’s Network of the United States of America penned a letter and created a petition slamming director Tyler Perry for coming up with a plot they feel is offensive to those living with HIV, demanding a meeting with him immediately
      Lort

@ GA Urine Procurer?
      ________________________________________________

@ Pumpkin
      :think: I think that’s it :yes:

• Ty

Diva says:

@Ty iffin it is invisible, then why is it wide as the red sea?
      Cause the folks that wear them dont think we can see that hallway size part…they think its normal :rofl:

• Miany

nucca unbuttoning his pants and going down….fugg wrong with tv?
      ^^ :rofl: I just turn my head when Cy come on with that gay kissing, etc.

• GAGIRL87

Come on @ Diva :kiss: :kona:

:zzz: > :eyeroll:

:thinking: Sup Couga? :hi:
      —————
      Him gots a new kang size bed needing to be broke in and is looking for takers. :rofl:

• http://www.landofpure.net FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip:

luVn_liFe… says:

Lort

oh my! :popcorn:

________

Look @Shug! :wave: Hey Shug!

My boss’ son is a boyscout. She is his den leader. She gone on all the trips and everythang. Always tryna to get my boys in it. :nono: Besides I dont wanna spend that time with yall THAT CHIT COST A LOT OF MONEY. :huh:

• PumpkinsMama

@ GA or could just be The Piss Catcher and Snatcher :rofl:

SugarPieHoneybunn <<< you know that I love you hoooo :whistle: I can't help myself :danban: I love you and nobody else :headphones: that song is in my head now!

• GAGIRL87

@ Luvn what I done did now :rofl:

• cougar lover

HEY OTB

Whats poppin’ this weekend, you going to Miami?

GAGIRL87 says:

Come on @ Diva :kiss:
      —————–
      ya’ll holler iffin Milky come in here…. :kona:

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

luVn_liFe… says:
      Lort

Chile :rolleyes:

• lovezoe

——
      Shucks, I didn’t even want to see Mellie doing it, what makes you think I want to see that

________

Look @Shug! :wave: Hey Shug!

——————-
      You bet not put them boys in there! :coffee:

• Miany

Lort
      ^^ what part was offensive??/ He didn’t imply that ALL HIV+ folk contracted it in that manner and I am sure SOME (IF NOT AT LEAST ONE) have contracted it in this way.

• OutsidetheBox

Him gots a new kang size bed needing to be broke in and is looking for takers.

Awww fugg. :smack:

And then Fay talmbout the all New boy scouts :nun: :nun: :nun:

:dead:

• Gigi26

———————————
      NO LIE that’s what my folks thought as well, esp my pops..he did not play that “My kids gonna be around other folk for the wknd and I’m no where close to watch” game :no: NO SIREE BOB :lol:

lovezoe says:

——
      ——————————-
      :nono: leave that shyt to the imagination!

@GaGa

just checkiN Ya OUT :wink:

s/n
      jaden is :hump: SELENa nahh!!??!?!?! :smack:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

Sandra postin too quick for a nigga to day!
      :facepalm:

• goat76

I remember our 1 st camping trip. Out back of an Old Church in the hood. These niggas had us cooking hotdogs over a pile of burning leaves.

Yeah that was my last day of being a Cub Scout.

• OutsidetheBox

Whats poppin’ this weekend, you going to Miami?

:nono: :steer: <— driving 75 NORTH. I wish I would. LOL They be living down there. My tired ass.. :yawn: LOL

• PumpkinsMama

@ Diva :shocked: You just all kinds of fresh taday mam! But if all bets is off…

@ Goat Come on here lemme show you how we do in the big Apple :lick:

• Diva

Him gots a new kang size bed needing to be broke in and is looking for takers.

Awww fugg. :smack:
      ——————–
      He even advertising he gots a mattress cover on it…so said volunteer can feel free to “GET THEIR LEAK ON” :hahaha:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

__________________________

• Ty

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

:dead: crying: :chase:

LOL at GOATS story!! :hahaha:

• OutsidetheBox

You bet not put them boys in there!

Im not. :lol: OTB12 and OTB6 are girl scouts thru our boys and girls club. My boys are on the drill team there. Thats enough outside “life skilling” for us. :lol:

• Miany

Momma let us join girl scouts….smdh.. wasted her own money fa two main reasons
      1. azz didn’t let us go one NOT ONE TRIP!
      2. Azz wouldn’t buy no cookies…Errebody else momma paid for the cookies then sold em, her azz wont us going door to door with the dayum cookie sheet.. folk want instant gratification, they looking at us like :huh: :facepalm:

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Diva :shocked: You just all kinds of fresh taday mam! But if all bets is off…

@ Goat Come on here lemme show you how we do in the big Apple :lick:
      ————————-
      ain’t this what we spose to do on FREAKY FRIDAY? at least got my panties on for NOW! :rofl:

WHO DRIVING DOWN South??? :tea:

• OutsidetheBox

jaden is SELENa nahh!!??!?!?!

Naw! :thinking: Jaden and JB are BFFs!

• Gigi26

Yeah that was my last day of being a Cub Scout.
      ————————————–
      They was teaching yall how to survive when the White man cut yo shyt clean OWF!! :rofl: :crying:

“Hood Scouts” how to survive in the Bluff.

• Diva

You bet not put them boys in there!

—————-
      Ah-men

• OutsidetheBox

Yeah that was my last day of being a Cub Scout.

:wail: :rofl:

I thought that Tyler’s movie was needed, it had a good message. Just like I think that Knowledge’s book’s message was/is needed! :yes:

:tea:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

@GOAT
      “I was in the Cub Scouts for about 2 weeks. Our shat was a struggle before it was a struggle.

Yeah that was my last day of being a Cub Scout.

Yeah, my Mom tried that chit with me and my bro. We was the only two blacks and them kids started “joking” bout lynching. That was a wrap on that!

My cousins did the girl scouts though and they loved it.

~
      ~
      NOPE NEW :rules: WUT got :banned: On FReaky FRIDAY!

• cougar lover

:biggrin:

luVn_liFe… says:

WHO DRIVING DOWN South??? :tea:
      ——————–
      Stop by and pick me up and drop me off at Goat’s. :rofl:

“Hood Scouts” how to survive in the Bluff
      _____

:wail: :rofl: :rofl:

• SugarPieHoneybunn

HEY! @ OTB!!! :D

GIRL! Now you know that ish crazy. I dont know NO black folks in that shizz. Sure, I know its some out there, some where, but round MY parts, thats that CHESTER sh!t. Wont be none of that. :lol:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

@OTB
      “jaden is SELENa nahh!!??!?!?!

Naw! Jaden and JB are BFFs!

Chiiiid. Ain’t no honor among theives mayne. She a dime. Justin know the name of the game. :yes:

• goat76

PumpkinsMama says:

@ Goat Come on here lemme show you how we do in the big Apple :lick:

—————-

I always wondered what PumpKin Pie :lick: taste like.

Who got a new bed? What kind? :popcorn:

• luVn_liFe…

jaden is SELENa nahh!!??!?!?!

Naw! :thinking: Jaden and JB are BFFs!
      ~
      ~
      MMh HMMM :tea: they wer sneakin in/OUt Clubs and restaurants across da POND

luVn_liFe… says:

~
      ~
      NOPE NEW :rules: WUT got :banned: On FReaky FRIDAY!
      ———————
      Come again!!! Esplain what I miss?

:rofl: at the hussy!!!!

• SugarPieHoneybunn

HELLO @ JENIFRUMDABLOC!! :)

How you DEWIN?

• Ty

luVn_liFe… says:

WHO DRIVING DOWN South???
      Some of my coworkers and friends are going to the bike rally @ Myrtle Beach and Im a lil salty that I cant go :cry:

In laws in town :kona:

Diva says:

luVn_liFe… says:

WHO DRIVING DOWN South??? :tea:
      ——————–
      Stop by and pick me up and drop me off at Goat’s.
      :nono: I cant have NO part of that :tea:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:
      ~
      ~
      And there Ya have it!

• goat76

Gigi26 says:

Yeah that was my last day of being a Cub Scout.
      ————————————–

“Hood Scouts” how to survive in the Bluff.
      —————
      GiGi that shat was crazy, Ion know how them drunk niggas became Scout leaders… :rofl:

• Miany

:rofl: @Man….Syleena a dime??? I ain’t know boy shape was the new curvy. :tea:

:newpost:

• Miany

:newpose: folk rude round these parts

CHESTER sh!t
      _________

:hahaha: :yes: Aint it na!

• PumpkinsMama

@ Goat and we got her blessing (for now) :rofl: Come on back here behind this couch Tyrese said you only need a minute anyway :scared:

BBL Yall :peace:

SugarPie :2dance: Jenny, already sang “our song” :lol:

• goat76

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@GOAT

Yeah that was my last day of being a Cub Scout.

My cousins did the girl scouts though and they loved it.
      —————–
      That wasn’t the Boy Scouts. That was the KKK Junior chapter… :rofl:

:newpost:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

jeniefrumdabloc says:

my god !!! sn: other bloggers are finally giving you credit winning Sandra

Really?? Where? Who? :grill:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      my god !!! sn: other bloggers are finally giving you credit winning Sandra
      Really?? Where? Who?

Bossip :tea: they quoted your entire post about Toya’s boring show and Tiny :yes: