Mary J Blige and Emma Stone

R&B Diva Mary J Blige, pictured above left with actress Emma Stone, was surrounded by untold riches and wealth at the 2013 Peace, Love & A Cure Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation Benefit at a private residence in Cresskill, NJ on Tuesday, May 21.

In February, Uncle Sam hit Blige with a massive $3.4 million tax lien.

Blige, 42, now finds herself in the same sinking boat as R&B legend Lauryn Hill, 36, who was recently sentenced to 3 months in federal prison for income tax evasion. Not even a last minute record deal could help Hill avoid doing federal time.

Blige’s rich friends can’t save her because something in their milk might not be clean, and they don’t want to be audited themselves. The federal government does not play if you are in the top 1% and you claim profit losses and too many deductions on your tax returns. The only way you can get away with not paying your income taxes is if you are Apple, Google, or a personal friend of President Barack Obama.
All photos: Larry Busacca/Getty Images

Mary J Blige Emma Stone Krista Stone Kevin Liles Erika Liles Genevieve Liles

Mary J. Blige, far left, posed with actress Emma Stone and her mother Krista Stone; record exec Kevin Liles and his wife Erika Liles and their daughter Genevieve Liles at a Breast Cancer Foundation Benefit on Tuesday.

Kevin Liles Gayle King Chris Rock and Erika Liles attend breast cancer foundation event

(L-R) Kevin Liles, Gayle King, Chris Rock and Erika Liles attend a Breast Cancer Foundation Benefit on Tuesday.

All photos: Larry Busacca/Getty Images

83 Responses to “Celsbs Out & About: Mary J Blige, Chris Rock, Emma Stone, Gayle King, Kevin Liles, Lyor Cohen”

A.J. says:

Bless Mary J and those tax problems. Not sure why people think they’re exempt. :tea:

San says:

———-
    :rolleyes: Come on now

A.J. says:

Chris Rock-don’t look like that ever again.

Betamax82 says:

Just had to throw the POTUS in there huh Sandra :tea:

MoniquetheGeek says:

:lol: Oh the stuff that you font.

Betamax82 says:

Chris Rock looks uncomfortable

I wonder iF GAYLE Smells???

Mary better get her $$$ UP!

San says:

Mary, Mary I like you girl, but remember in the summer you must switch your foundation yes? :yes:

flsun99 says:

The IRS is not playing with folks. I hope Mary J works out her issues.

GAGIRL87 says:

Something bout Gale is rachett I just know it :coffee:

:kiss: @ Luvn!

Big up to Mary for having the balls to show her face in public knowin she about to do a bid if she doesn’t fork over the IRS dough some time soon. That’s my ghetto fabulous girl!

Emma Stone is so not cute to me. but they damn shole tryna sell her as such.

Kevin has a beautiful family :)

Femme Fatale says:

I bet Mary is passing a collection plate on the sly. :coffee:

Emma :love:

Malaak looks great!

:applause: Great cause!

I thought folks wrote in and L Boogie doesn’t have to go to jail, no? :thinking:

Do a concert MJB! :cheer:
    I’m there!!!!!! :steer:

San says:Mary, Mary I like you girl, but remember in the summer you must switch your foundation yes
    ~
    ~
    Girl MJB say she got BIgger FISH TO FRY

GaGAGirl :lick: Morning babe

Fay, she’s got them Brandy eyes #spacedOUT :kona:

Diva says:

Sandrarose you gone post about Chris Brown and Karatochie being in an accident on the way to the studio?

A.J. says:

I bet Mary is passing a collection plate on the sly.
    She needs to get in the studio or a Burger King commercial.

@SmurfeTTe
    she still has to give uncle sam a lil time 90days i think

MJB gonna hve to do more than a concert,she betta go on international tour then to Outter Space for that cheddar.

Truss the money issues go deeper than the IRS

:tea:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ DTTS :kiss:

Bye EVERYBODY :waves:

FuturedocDonte says:

Can somebody tell me what Gayle Kings occupation is? :thinking:

Diva says:

Mary now you know you ain’t light skinned so why is you in the NC shades ma’am?

Diva says:

FuturedocDonte says:

Can somebody tell me what Gayle Kings occupation is?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Oprah’s patna!

A.J. says:I bet Mary is passing a collection plate on the sly.
    a Burger King commercial.
    ~
    ~
    Thats when IT all started going down hill :no:

Krispy chickan
    Lettue
    Fresh Chessssssssse!!!

Diva says:

@Gagirllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll hey babes!

FuturedocDonte says:Can somebody tell me what Gayle Kings occupation is?
    O’s wing MAN

she has a talk show on NBC i Believe and does segments on TODAY.I belive
    O told her a few yrs back to get a damn JOB!

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:i hate that MJB done got caught up w/the yt mayne. i wish she had started writing long time ago

~
    ~
    I blame KENDU for EVERYTHING!

I thought KenDont was MJB’s manager/advisor?

GA :hug: Hey honeybun!
    ==============
    :eek: that’s sad… :no: smh :shrug: #theyneedtotakesomeresponsibilitythough…
    =======================
    Doc, she is a reporter now, I think :thinking:

BBL :pigsfly:

Miany says:

FuturedocDonte says:
    Can somebody tell me what Gayle Kings occupation is?
    ^^ She is a news correspondent. I think she is on the Today show??? :thinking: doesn’t matter anyway cuz her claim to fame is being Oprah’s bottom bissh…

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

MARY IS COMING TO MY HOMETOWN FOR A SHOW, I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HER-SHE’S COMING WITH ANTHONY HAMILTON!!LUBS HER, SHE HAS A SONG FOR EVERY LIFE STAGE/SITUATION

Smonae says:

Now what does our President have to do with tax breaks, he paid more than Romeny with making less money last I checked :coffee:

A.J. says:

Where is Kendu at? He’s normally in all her pics.

:wave: INTENSE!

:happy: TY Morning ladies!

Smonae says:

I hope Mary gets it together, she’s one of my favs :yes:

FuturedocDonte says:

I knew Gayle is Oprah’s “nettie”. Ion see her on the Today show though :shrug:

Femme Fatale says:

Yo, Lyor Cohen could rent it!

#aintnothinggoingonbuttherent

Smonae says:

Future I’m soo mad at ur gravi :rofl:

Cubarican says:

_______________________________

Boomshakalaka!!! (In my NBA Jams voice)

A.J. says:Where is Kendu at? He’s normally in all her pics.
    ~
    Somewhere with STARSHELL :tea:

Mary now you know you ain’t light skinned so why is you in the NC shades ma’am?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Correct. She is a beautiful NW 43/45. I mix mine actually. Oh.

I wonder how many people there didn’t know who Mary J was and thought she was oughta place. :think:

Can somebody tell me what Gayle Kings occupation is?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    NOPE. I aint.

NaijaGal says:

I thought KenDont was MJB’s manager/advisor?
    ======================
    advising her ass into the poor house…bet money that nigguh got offshore accounts and she don’t even know it

Ty says:

Did someone pay her $3 million + tax bill from the untold riches account :shrug:

crispy chicken, fresh lettuce, three cheeses, ranch dressing, wrapped up in a tasty flour tortilla :whistle:

*Goes to Mary’s station on Pandora* :headphone:

Bombshell Esq says:

Morning & chit :waves:

What I miss??? :tea:

Femme Fatale says:

NaijaGal says:

I thought KenDont was MJB’s manager/advisor?
    ======================
    ***********************

Some Women need to take note. This is how you marry for money. :coffee:

Ty says:

and overseas accounts like Romney and most of Congress :coffee:

These IRS people are some straight fools.
    They can cook them books to show that anyone owes anything. And they set their own rules and have their own courts. They have too much power.

That’s getting shown right now with the tea party chit.

Miany says:

:thinking: So yall thinking Kendu stashing like a squirrel??
    I kinda assumed it was a combination of unknowingly entering slave contracts and mismanagement of her funds. Who knows though, sad for her but… we will see
    SHOUTOUT to Kevin Durant for donating $1million dollars to relief efforts!! :trophy:

Apparition says:

Emma Stone is so not cute to me. but they damn shole tryna sell her as such.
    ——————————–

Maggie Gyllenhaal
    Drew Barrymore

I thought KenDont was MJB’s manager/advisor?
    ======================
    ***********************

Some Women need to take note. This is how you marry for money.

Just earn your own money and you ain’t got to worry about all that. It seems like more work to marry for money than to just earn your own. :shrugs:

SHE HAS A SONG FOR EVERY LIFE STAGE/SITUATION
    ________

If only she had insisted on some writing credits.. love her music.

Hello Roses :waves: Lawd what a week so far, tell me why, I had to get straight gutter with my nephew!!! I was literally bout to break this teenager jaw last night :no: <<<< Venting!

Miany says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:
    These IRS people are some straight fools.
    ^^ :applause: Mind you they don’t ever hit you with the tax bill until the minute after they KNOW you aint got it…smh…it’s a mess. Not to mention the fact that they don’t chase EFVERYONE who owes em :tea:

Ty says:

She is a beautiful NW 43/45. I mix mine actually. Oh.
    Hmmm might need to try that :thumbsup:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

@OTB

EXACTLY-MOST OF HER SHIATS WERE HITS, I CAN LISTEN TO HER ALL OF HER ALBUMS BACK TO BACK NON-STOP AND HIT FAST FORWARD ONCE OR TWICE-NOW THAT’S SOME GOOD SHIAT :coffee:

Miany says:

@Otb…how did the car situation work for you?
    @Jenie.. woooosah!! Just breathe in and out slowly… don’t let them youngins get you caught up :nono:

Femme Fatale says:

@Man

I’m with you. I say fvck marriage and I work like a monster. But some women marry for money, have kids and still wind up broke. Baffles the hail outta me.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

*Goes to Mary’s station on Pandora
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MY MOTIVATION DURING WORKOUTS-MY ARSE CAN RUN FOREVER LISTENING TO MARY J PANDORA

Bella770 says:

I thought KenDont was MJB’s manager/advisor?
    ======================

——————————-

I been saying this for years!!! I love me some Mary and I will continue to buy her music no matter how “blah” it is but I remember watching a behind the scenes DVD some years back and it was obvious that Kendu was a bit controlling. Also, I wonder if she still has that private plane that she purchased. Now may be a good time to sell that off Mary!!! I bet her next album is gonna be the ish because when her life is in the struggle, it makes for great music!!! :yes:

Drew Barrymore
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Well…thats different. She got sold to the public as cute when she was like 4 (Gertie on ET and Charlie on Firestarter). And she WAS a cute kid I guess. But as a grown woman…

:kona:

That’s getting shown right now with the tea party chit.
    _________

:thinking: How so? Yeah they was wrong in a moral sense but not by the books, they werent.

If you want that special exempt status you open your self up to that kind of scrutinization.

How the fukk you name your org after the most famous tax evasion chit to hit our shores but you dont want no body looking at you? :blink:

@MIANY
    “These IRS people are some straight fools.

^^ Mind you they don’t ever hit you with the tax bill until the minute after they KNOW you aint got it…smh…it’s a mess. Not to mention the fact that they don’t chase EFVERYONE who owes em

Yup. Says right in the code they can apply the laws as they see fit. So best believe if “Mother Theresa” did the exact same thing as “Lil Wayne” they won’t be treated the same.

they have very little oversight and a lot of clout. They already had one “reform” when they basically outright and openly abused power. Looks like they doin it again these days.

flsun99 says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

These IRS people are some straight fools.

That’s getting shown right now with the tea party chit.
    ***************

So true. They are the true gangstas….Do what the h*ll they want to and you can’t do nothing about it. Either pay or go to jail.

Miany chile :no: apparently he did not know his Auntie has a short fuse when it comes to the cussing in front of me :nono: On some serious shyt, I will break ya jaw :tea: and think about the repercussions later… I’m the aunt that usually be on chill, and sit back , but when a fuse is blown its I’m a nut. No lie

Bombshell Esq says:

WHY YA’LL IGNORING MY FONT?????? :crying: :wail: Sawwwrryyyy I’m pregnant and emotional so you know how that is :shrug: :rofl:

Ty says:

Miany says:

So yall thinking Kendu stashing like a squirrel??
    _________
    Classic case of spending more then u are bringing in. She bought that big azz mansion in Jersey with no kids :shrug: Why does one need 7+ bedrooms and bathrooms and its just u and hubby? Last I heard they were trying to sell it :nono: Keep in mind she doesn’t write most of her hits. I think she wrote Hateration (Family Affair) :huh: She needs to add some ad libs and get some writing credits

:newpost:

…how did the car situation work for you?
    God is so good, they did not total it. :phew:

But its 5900 in reapirs..according to them. :eyeroll: Im getting another estimate. Im not trying to pay out of pocket for nothing, not even my deductible. :nono:

@OTB
    “That’s getting shown right now with the tea party chit.
    _________

How so? Yeah they was wrong in a moral sense but not by the books, they werent.

I could care less about them making the Tea Party jump through more hoops than normal. But they weren’t supposed to single out groups based on political idealology, which they pretty much acknowledge that they did.

They simply got caught this time. I’m sure it’s a common practice.

NaijaGal says:

==========================
    ion know…I think Mary’s time has come and is done now…she can still do small venues but there’s plenty of “I done been done wrong singers” out now

@FLSUN99
    “These IRS people are some straight fools.

That’s getting shown right now with the tea party chit.
    ***************

…or leave the country… :coffee:

They simply got caught this time. I’m sure it’s a common practice.

No they werent BUT they put a political ideology in their name…and if youre a political association you need to pay taxes.

Chit I agree with you, but I think its fairly obvious that the IRS is getting this flack now because Barack Obama is the president. Duh.

Ty says:

flsun99 says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

These IRS people are some straight fools.

That’s getting shown right now with the tea party chit.
    ***************

_________
    If yall think they’re shady wait till u find out about the Federal Reserve :coffee:

San says:

Just earn your own money and you ain’t got to worry about all that.
    —————–
    Just that simple

She is a beautiful NW 43/45. I mix mine actually. Oh.
    Hmmm might need to try that
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    One of my makeup-y homegirls turned me on to it (Dub don’t know not ISH about makeup. THE END) and I been addicted every since. Tole her look bish I aint got scrilla to be experimenting and then I look cray :crying1: And at the end I’m stuck with some product that I cant wear :no: she was like :steer: heffa we takin a field trip to the MAC counter.

anw_rootbeer says:

I love Emma Stone…and Mary has gained a few pounds because her arm tatt has spread

MSVALLDAY says:

Mary’s makeup on her face is 3 shades lighter than the rest of her body. Come on now Mary you need more people!!!!