Comcast Fires Female Sports Reporter for On-Air Freudian Slip

Susannah Collins

After caving to intense pressure from women’s rights groups, the major sports networks began an experiment by hiring sexy women to announce major sports competitions from the sidelines. The experiment failed miserably due to two simple truths: no matter how sexy she is, a feminine voice is too distracting to men while they’re watching testosterone-filled sports. The second simple truth is horny women can’t control their desires around sports Gods like LeBron James.

Today, Comcast SportsNet Chicago announced they were firing a female sports reporter who had a Freudian slip live on the air.

From Examiner.com:

According to Yard Barker on May 3, reporter Susannah Collins lost her job with Comcast SportsNet Chicago just days after making a Freudian slip on television.

Collins was a sideline reporter and was talking about the Chicago Blackhawks season as they head into the playoffs. While she meant to say that the team had a “tremendous amount of success,” she said the team had a “tremendous amount of sex.”

She caught herself, stammered for a moment but then quickly picked back up and said “success” before moving on. It was a nice catch for the sideline sports reporter, but it was not enough to keep the network from firing her.

Comcast SportsNet Chicago released a statement clarifying that Collins’ termination was “unrelated to her on-air remarks.” The network did not disclose why Collins was fired, which leads to speculation that Collins may have had other Freudian slips of a sexual nature.

• Michelle Obama Calls Herself a ‘Busy Single Mother’
  • Obama: “Why should a billionaire pay the same tax as a Jew?”
  • Does Chris Brown Wish He Was Black?
  • Their Words, Not Mine…

73 Responses to “Comcast Fires Female Sports Reporter for On-Air Freudian Slip”

Betamax82 says:

:facepalm:

Betamax82 says:

Is that Mr. T :huh:

thought she called someone a nigguh…chile boo bye

A.J. says:

thought she called someone a nigguh
      Right.

@Naija – :rofl: Umm Me too

Carrington says:

Utterly ridiculous.

That is all.

She will be quickly swooped up by someone.

@SANDRA ROSE
      “According to the famed psychologist Sigmund Freud, a Freudian slip is the verbalization of an unconscious thought. In other words, the verbalization of something we are subconsciously thinking but can’t speak out loud.
      According to Freud, unacceptable thoughts or beliefs are withheld from conscious awareness, and these slips help reveal what is hidden in our unconscious.”

:think:
      In other words, she was horny and wanted some :hump:

Carrington says:

Utterly ridiculous.

That is all.

You don’t have a problem with women thinking about sex when they’re supposed to be reporting on the game?

MissTaken says:

I thought she called somebody colored or asked did he yank with Crisco :shrugs:

==========================
      kind of like when the sportscaster was commenting on a players girlfriend not too long ago right? right

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

In other words, she was horny and wanted some

Exactly. And that probably wasn’t her first time slipping up and exposing her horniness.

I once was gonna ask this guy if he’d be my Spades partner, BUT what came out was and I quote “Will you be my boyfriend?” :hahaha:

Then I was like :smack: What did I just say?!?! We laughed forever yall, he was not even my type :lol:

Bombshell Esq says:

Half the things these media folks loose their jobs for saying… if they were firing regular folks for saying them… No-one in the good ole U-S-of A would be gainfully employed :shrug:

OTB if you come back I left you some shade downstairs babes. Love ya :hug:

Bye yall. I got an 18th bday party to throw this weekend. Last party I am throwing this kid til her wedding yellow Jesus :nun:

NaijaGal says:

A Freudian slip is usually one word. Like in Collin’s case the word was “sex.”

NaijaGal says:

Brent Musburger, 73, diverted from talking about the Alabama-Notre Dame BCS Championship game when he noticed Alabama player AJ McCarron’s girlfriend Katherine Webb in the crowd.
      “You see that lovely lady there, she does go to Auburn (University), but she’s also Miss Alabama and that’s AJ McCarron’s girlfriend,” Musburger said.”You quarterbacks, you get all the good-looking women.
      “What a beautiful woman. Wow.”

AJ McCarron’s girlfriend Katherine Webb sits in the crowd.ESPN cameras repeatedly flashed back to linger on 23-year-old Ms Webb during the game.
      ESPN said it always tried to “capture interesting storylines” in its coverage of sporting matches.

:tea:

@SANDRA
      “In other words, she was horny and wanted some

She prolly gained the show some ratings and fans then. She just pizzed off the wrong person is all.

Prolly some ol bat that ain’t gettin none herself. :rofl:

69 says:

So are you saying she was going to put her puzzy on his sideburns? :huh:

KyCakes says:

:ghost: @Naija

I swear you give me life. When my BFF moves to Dallas and I come visit, I’m trackin’ your ass down :lol:

cougar lover says:

whats wrong with having tremendous amounts of relations? :cuss: <–*mouthing* "Naythin' thats Whut"

KYCAKES come on down :lol:

@NAIJA
      “oh my bad, one word warrants her getting fired while a diatribe only gets an apology…got it coach”
      _________

ESPN apologized for covering ol boy’s girlfriend? :think:

<–Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

He may not have been your type, but your subconscious mind knew he was right for you. I hope you didn’t let him go?

NaijaGal says:

ESPN apologized for covering ol boy’s girlfriend?
      ================
      yeah that’s what I read…they issued an apology

iAmChan says:

Welp, she saw that black man and got all hot and bothered…no homo. lol

KyCakes says:

Ai-ight y’all…

I’m gonna make like Tom & Cruise….

Everyone enjoy your weekend!

:hug:

@DTS
      “I once was gonna ask this guy if he’d be my Spades partner, BUT what came out was and I quote “Will you be my boyfriend?”

Then I was like What did I just say?!?! We laughed forever yall, he was not even my type

Ol boy:

:huh: <confused

:yes: <readily agrees

:eek: <listens as you say you dind't mean it

:brokenheart: <realizes it won't happen

A.J. says:

Oh no, whew….

:bye: KYCAKES happy weekending

goat76 says:

thought she called someone a nigguh…chile boo bye
      ———————-
      I know. And that was part of the reason they hired her was her ‘sex appeal’

NaijaGal says:

I’m sure there was some history behind what she said. It wasn’t the first time.

KayCeiSoul says:

Prolly some ol bat that ain’t gettin none herself.

********************************

Hey y’all! :waves:

AGREED. That is the ONLY reason why she would get fired. Some ol’ dry pusc, bald-head battle ax got their steel drawls in a bunch. :rolleyes:

Men are thinking about azz before the game, during the game, after the game, on the walk to the locker room, in the shower, while applying lotion and powder, while lacing their shoes, and as they slap on their cologne and smile for the camera. Come ON somebody. :nun:

MetroAtlMrs says:

LOL I can see how she one could make that mistake.

Bye Who Dat, KyCakes and everyone who’s clocking out for the day. Have a great weekend! :bye:

NaijaGal says:

I’m sure there was some history behind what she said. It wasn’t the first time.
      ==============================
      my point is you trying to say her being a woman affected her job as a sportscaster is malarky…let’s leave it on an individual and not the group

A.J. says:

Some ol’ dry pusc, bald-head battle ax got their steel drawls in a bunch.
      :dead:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

well hell, men are thinking about men too so, what are they suppose to hire? women have men thinking about sex, men have men thinking about sex….. you gonna teach parrots to report on sports?

KayCeiSoul says:

iAmChan says:

Welp, she saw that black man and got all hot and bothered…no homo. lol

***************************

I totally understand. It happens.

goat76 says:

NaijaGal says:

“What a beautiful woman. Wow.”

————-
      Shat, that ain’t his first time….

He did the samething with Jenn Sterger when she was a student at FSU(Go NOLES)

KayCeiSoul says:

And I just noticed that it was COMCAST that fired somebody.
      They need to fire their dayum selves. Rotten bastids. :mad:

SR, he’s a Loser, with a capital L :rofl:
      He went from rags to riches to rags :tea:
      ————
      Man, he knew better :wink:
      ———-
      :happybirthday: KDub18 :yahoo: #havefunbutnottoomuch #dontstartnonewontbenone :lol: :hug:

KayCeiSoul says:

And I just noticed that it was COMCAST that fired somebody.
      They need to fire their dayum selves. Rotten bastids. :mad:

:dead: :hug:

Just Looking says:

you gonna teach parrots to report on sports?
      _________
      Novel Idea. Would watch a few times. :yes:

JUST Hooking, did you get your book? :eek:

KayCeiSoul says:

:hug: DTTS! I missed the whole day with y’all!!! I’m working foreal now. I guess they know I’m looking for another job. And I guess they’re saying, “She won’t use OUR shyt to do it!”

Actually, I would only look 25% of the day, spend 25% on SR, work 25% and do misc. things the other 25% like check my eyes in my desk mirror.

*shrugs*

:thinking: Maybe SR was right, because WITH ME, he wouldn’t have gone back to rags :thinking:

(overdramatic voice) Now, you got me thinking SR! :spank:

:yes: ok, ok, Sounds like you got it all together over there! :rofl:

Ummmm What Book?

NaijaGal says:

So you’re saying that being a woman didn’t cause her to think about sex while observing hot, sweaty men? And that her thinking about sex didn’t get her fired? Do you think a male reporter would have slipped and said “sex”? :shrug:

The last book that I got, Healthcare Business Intelligence. :think:

I prefer to hear men calling male sports. I was watching a NBA game last night, and I kept hearing a woman talking. I’m like, ‘why am I hearing a woman talking?’ It turned out to be one of those female reporters yakking about something an NBA player told her. She sounded so unprofessional. In my opinion, the only female sports reporter who can call a man’s game is Mary Carillo. Her voice is not distracting or annoying. And she’s very knowledgeable about sports.

Just Looking says:

:clap: I agree with you Ms. Sandra. Mary and that raspy voice, is the only woman I want to here.

Additionally what happened to Pam Oliver? She looks a hot mess!! Things people want to know. :yes:

<–Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

See! Deep down inside you knew that you were equally yoked. :yes:

Just Looking says:

I quickly Googled her to see who she was. I still have no clue who she is.

Just Looking says:

Pam Oliver is a side line reporter for NFL. Back in the day at least she was nice looking. Now she just throws on a wig and reports to the side line. :coffee:

:stop: Wait! Is that Mr.T? :lol:
      :box: I Pity The Fool :box:

=========
      JUST Hooking :huh: Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, and More Resilient :tea:

:box: <–this is Laila Ali (in heels!) #fyi

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

:thinking: Maybe SR was right, because WITH ME, he wouldn't have gone back to rags :thinking:

See! Deep down inside you knew that you were equally yoked. :yes:

*whispers* BUT, we'd probably be in the pen right now! :lol:

:nite: Happy Weekend Roses!!!

Luminadi holding your emos for randsom in 55 SR! :rofl: :rofl:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Have a great weekend everyone. I hope to see a few weekend posts Sandra. Those always are good fun.

DoNotDeleteMe says:

:offtopic:

Mountain Dew dropped Lil Striker from his lucrative contract! :cheer: Way to go Till family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Looking says:

@DTTS – No, haven’t picked that one up.

But here are mine

Pray
      Set a solid foundation for you and family
      Be Humble
      Don’t listen to UNWISE Counsel
      Keep your House and Arse Clean
      Continue to Move Forward, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE TIRED AND SICK
      Be Encouraged and it will allow you to encourge others
      Exercise and eat right
      Last but not least, surround yourself with other that are more successful than you.

My CLIQUE >>>>>> “THE MILLIONAIRE CLUB”

#NOT BRAGGIN
      :winky:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

Just Looking says:

@DTTS – No, haven’t picked that one up.

But here are mine

Pray
      Set a solid foundation for you and family
      Be Humble
      Don’t listen to UNWISE Counsel
      Keep your House and Arse Clean
      Continue to Move Forward, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE TIRED AND SICK
      Be Encouraged and it will allow you to encourge others
      Exercise and eat right

My CLIQUE >>>>>> “THE MILLIONAIRE CLUB”

#NOT BRAGGIN

Great! Although I do all of this, it is nice to be reminded!

Just Looking says:

Goes back to Cleaning, had to get rid of last lady. She got lazy.

<<<<—Molly Maids = ME

@Do Not Delete – I know that’s right :wink:

MzTee says:

Give me a damn break. It was a harmless slip of the the tongue. I truly hope she wasn’t fired just because of this.

If men can cover female athletic events, women damn sure can cover male athletic events. To say this woman can’t do her job because she’s surrounded by men and is constantly thinking of sex is just plain stupid and sexist. Tell that to all of the competent female firefighters, cops, plumbers, electricians, contractors/carpenters, and executives who kick ass in their male-dominated environments. And, what makes it worse is a woman, Auntie Sandra, promoting this ass backwards thinking.

Pam Oliver is a side line reporter for NFL

I watch a few NFL games. I’ve never seen her.

MzTee says:

In Comcast’s defense, they did say she wasn’t fired because of her slip of the tongue. That indicates that her work record wasn’t spotless.

thatgurljenny96 says:

she was fired because of some videos she did before she started working there..it was on inside edition

LesBinLuv says:

Yet Holly Morris of Fox5 wasn’t fired nor suspended for saying “I****ATION BALL”…I jst cant with the world these days!!!

@ LesBinLuv: I agree. Did you hear about the high school teacher who was fired for being a glamour model? No naked pictures, just pictures of her in bikinis.