Confirmed: Monica and Shannon Brown Expecting a Baby

Monica and Shannon Brown expecting a baby

The baby will be the first for the couple who met in June 2010 on Monica’s video shoot for her single “Love All Over Me.” Monica, 32, has two sons, Romelo, 5, and Lil Rocko, 7, from a previous relationship with music producer and rapper Rodney “Rocko” Hill.

Shannon, 27, also has a son, Shannon Christopher Brown, from a previous relationship.

Monica and Shannon Brown expecting a baby

The source said the baby is due in September. The baby’s sex is unknown. Monica is currently on a tour bus en route to Chattanooga, Tennessee for a one-night only event titled “A Night To Remember,” celebrating 25 years of giving back to the community.

Proceeds from tonight’s concert will go towards grants, scholarships and intervention programs for urban youth. Also performing on the bill tonight are Kool and the Gang.

Congrats to Monica and Shannon!

• Kelly Rowland, Monica, KeKe Wyatt, SWV Team Up for ‘Yell Confidence’ Campaign
  • Mother’s Day Pics: Rihanna, LeBron James, Monica Brown, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Halle Berry, Adrienne, Chris Bosh
  • Celebrity Twitpics: Monica and Shannon Brown, T.I., Bu Thiam
  • Monica’s Mom’s 61st Birthday Party
  • Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images

38 Responses to “Confirmed: Monica and Shannon Brown Expecting a Baby”

:cheer: Congrats Mo!!!
      And much :love: for the community outreach!!!

69 says:

“R&B Diva Monica Brown is expecting a baby with her husband, NBA star Shannon Brown, according to a source close to the singer’s camp.”
      Why not just say she told you? We know she did. :shrug:

Congratulations tho Mo. :yes:

69 says:

Now I’m :waiting: to see who is going to give into temptation and get :banned: I KNOW somebody is going bite.

KrayZKat says:

Congrats to the happy couple!

PumpkinsMama says:

Uh, Congrats :shrug:

Hey 69 :kiss:

DTTS :happy:

EB says:

My birthday is in September

Yardgirl says:

Congrats!! :love: :bball:

libra80sbaby says:

Awww congrats Monica & Shannon Brown. I :love: Mo!!

Mary Katherine Gallagher says:

Yardgirl says:

PardiGirl!!!! :dance: Happy Muthaz Day shuga…That damn debil dun ruin’t my whole weekend.fml…Is what it is tho,,,Im still gone cook for My Mama n nem,,,Im makin sweet tater pies,,,You knw my big ass gets down on the burners :yes: Anywayz,,Imma pretend like I dont see poomkenz and dtts, so you wish um a happy Mothers day for me…Mmmmkay…Thanx…And tell Monica n Shannon I said congratz,,,The baby gone have a pair of chompers on them :blink: Kidddddding :biggrin: Happy Mothers day yall…Pray for me :-)

Mary Katherine Gallagher says:

I loves da Queen (and I don’t mean Bren )

Yardgirl says:

Hey Bren-Bren!!! :happy: So happy to see my favorite poster!!! :love: Glad I checked back in because I am off to a shi-shi clear people (sprite) black tie shinding (on my company’s $$$$ of course) Fancy food, all night open bar, a good time will be had by moi!! Lata my yoot!!

Paige says:

I love that suit shes wearing! Monica gives me hope still….I’m not to old to have another one! Congrats!!!

PumpkinsMama says:

:blink: Monica ain’t but 32. Haley havin one at 46 :huh:

@SANDRA ROSE
      ________

With her husband? :blink:

NBA “STAR” Shannon Brown? :blink:

Source close to her camp? :blink: (she aint tell u?)

69 says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@SANDRA ROSE
      ________
      With her husband? :blink:

NBA “STAR” Shannon Brown? :blink:

Source close to her camp? :blink: (she aint tell u?)
      :waiting: for Sandra’s response.

Pumpkin & DTTS ….. Late night :lick:

MsB2u says:

Congrats Monica
      :cheer1:

Such A F'n Lady says:

I was wondering when she was going to come out and tell everyone. I remember saying she was pregnant around the NBA all Star games. Anywoo, congrats Monica! :yahoo:

I just saw pix on FB and thought to come here. Congrats giiiiiirl! :yahoo:

So are they choosing not to know the sex of the baby? Cause she’s far along enough to know what she’s having…

She didn’t tell you herself though Sandra? :blink:

Congrats again. Hope she and all the other pregos here have a safe delivery and healthy bouncing babies. :love:

MetroAtlMrs says:

Congratulations to the beautiful couple! Since they were married I wondered when they would have a child. I’m so happy for them.

iAmChan says:

Congrats to Monica and that lucky light skinned nigga. I love Monica more than I love Serena, and THAT is saying something….

Speaking of love, Happy Mothers Day to all of you lovely ladies, and on behalf of any respectable man, we thank you for being the true backbone of a family regardless of what you do. Without a mother in our lives, we wouldn’t be shyt, and I hope and pray that this day brings out the best in your kids so they can treat you like the queens you are. Once again, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Anna says:

Congrats to them. Happy Mothers Day To All. New Moms, Old Moms & Grandmas. :offtopic” Did anyone see Nick redo his Grands home? It was a nice show. Mr. Carey is glving, funny, and his Grands are even funnier. My fav part of the show was when, he showed framed pics of his fam, and his Grands wanted pics of his kids. He said “you can see them online. LOL.

laykeya says:

You know all I can say is congratulations to Monica. I really am happy for her. Seeing this really gives me hope. After just getting outta a long term relationship with a no good nigga myself. This just shows me that there is better out there. And I shouldn’t give up hope. I really am happy for her. God bless

greykidd says:

according to a source close to the singer’s camp.

___________________________

Old news, guess u were the last to find out from the “close source” LOL

Bedazzled His Razzle

She didn’t tell you herself though Sandra?

Sadly, no.

69 says:

Source close to her camp? (she aint tell u?)

Why is that such a surprise? :shrug:

PumpkinsMama says:

Monica ain’t but 32. Haley havin one at 46

Halle is having her baby out of desperation to keep a man. There’s a big difference between desperation and real Love. :coffee:

Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms who are raising your babies and/or the babies of other mothers! :yes: :clap:

69 says:

69 says:
      Source close to her camp? (she aint tell u?)
      Why is that such a surprise? :shrug:
      Are you seriously wanting me to answer this? :waiting:

Because if anyone says ANYTHING other than Monica is beautiful, talent, classy and has the most cutest kids (which I do agree with FYI) you will have their login as SOON as you read it.

:banned: <—- This emoticon is you to a tee (facial expression and all) when you read anything other than the utmost positive things about your dear FOTB. I don't know why I'm explaining this like you don't already know. :coffee:

Happy Mothers Day tho. :hug:

69 says:
      Source close to her camp? (she aint tell u?)

Why is that such a surprise?
      69 says:
      Are you seriously wanting me to answer this?

But everything you said about Monica is the truth. I don’t censor the truth. :shrug:

spiceykay says:

I wish I would have saw this yesterday I would have went to the concert to see Monica.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

God bless them!! She deserves to be happy!!! Truly happy for them!!

khakiincolor2u says:

I was at the concert last night. She looked beautiful and her boys are so adorable. Shekinah was there as well and the rest of the glam team.

Paige says:

Monica ain’t but 32. Haley havin one at 46

True, but having as child at 46 is very risky! Actually your risk goes up after 35. I am happy for H, but I would not get pregnant at 46.

Paige says:

And I’m cautious at 33.

PumpkinsMama says:

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY LADIES!!!

:cheer: Special shout out and dance for the single mamas in the struggle :dance:

We hang in there when our kids make us like this :bounce:

and the deadbeats make us like this :angry:

But we still manage to do our jobs with grace and a :grill:

Did you hear that the Department of Education — with your president’s blessing — will eliminate the terms ‘mother’ and ‘father’ from student loan applications in 2014? The new terms will be ‘Parent 1′ and ‘Parent 2′ to recognize children raised in same-sex parent households. The DOE will then apply the changes across the board for all schools. Mothers will receive letters from schools designating them as either parent 1 or parent 2. Aren’t you happy you voted for Obama?

Happy Parent 1 Day! :wave:

:wave:

Unshakable says:

Congratulations on Monica and Shannon’s pregnancy!! She looks RADIANT!!

@Auntie Sandrita – You don’t think Halle created a child with Olivier out of love, as opposed to desperation? It could be that they are truly in love. No shade, ijs.

Like Chan said, I hope every mother on this blog had a wonderful Mother’s Day! :hug: