Rihanna Drops $5 Million Topshop Lawsuit?

Rihanna Drops $5 Million Topshop Lawsuit

Troubled singer Rihanna may have had a change of heart and decided not to sue British clothier Topshop over their unauthorized use of her likeness on a tank top.

According to The Sun Daily, Rihanna filed a $5 million lawsuit against Topshop after months of negotiations failed last year. Rihanna was upset that Topshop sold oversized tank tops bearing her image without her consent.

In reality, Rihanna was probably more unhappy about the unflattering image that Topshop used.

Rihanna Top shop Lawsuit

But the tank Topshop is selling is perfectly legal, according to copyright experts. Rihanna doesn’t have a legal leg to stand on as long as a clothing manufacturer purchases the license from the photographer to use her photo on clothing.

Maybe that’s why she posted this photo on her Instagram page today.

Rihanna Topshop Lawsuit

The photo shows Rihanna wearing a t-shirt with text that reads, people should be “free to create, free to sell and free to wear whatever they want, without any constraints.”

At least she’s being a good sport about losing the court case and paying Topshops’s attorney fees.

• Utter and Complete Twitter #FAIL
  • Rihanna says the real Blue Ivy is so ‘fragile’ she feared she’d break her
  • Is Roc Nation Grooming Rita Ora To Be Bigger Than Rihanna?
  • Rihanna: “I like to be spanked”

36 Responses to “Rihanna Drops $5 Million Topshop Lawsuit?”

LSLH says:

Sore loser.

GAGIRL87 says:

Bad move Rhi :no:

Translation:
      “They paid her.”

GAGIRL87 says:

Hey Man

**************************

I don’t believe that for one second. Furthermore, I can’t even read all that shat on her t-shirt. Furtherfurthermore, if the case was dropped it would have been reported on more reliable site. British tabloids are highly unreliable.

@GA GIRL

Hey! :bye:

Look like you lookin back at me after I pinch your azz in that pic. :yes:

eastpointvet says:

either that or they cut her a nice check

GAGIRL87 says:

:rofl: Bye Man have a wonderful rest of the day :hi:

Betamax82 says:

Must have reached a settlement

@SANDRA ROSE

Let’s get that post about Tim Duncan’s (basketball player for the Spurs) yt cheating wife.

Chop chop.

Ty says:

Thats what I think East :coffee:

It was 22 euros now it’s 3. What a price drop!! :rofl:

Miany says:

They picked a bad pic. But yeah, I believe they paid her

“Photographic tank with photographic motif of a girl wearing a headscarf”

The description though :lol:

Apparition says:

———————————
      Ol girl got titanium balls.

:waiting: <— on that Yeesus leak

KayCeiSoul says:

Translation:
      “They paid her.”

************************

Exactly. That is what crossed my mind when I read this.
      She ain’t dropped a dayum thang. She politely laid it down in order to make room for all that incoming $$. :yes:

KayCeiSoul says:

Rhi Rhi look a lil’ Tyler Perry-ish on that shirt.
      A lil’ Madear-ish. A lil’ man-ish. A lil’ testosterone-ishhhhhhh.
      A lil’ Teyanna Taylor-ishhhhh.

Miss Mainey says:

from a nurse to a lawyer….:coffee: Rih to topshop: run me my money!!!

VDot says:

I want that shirt :yes:

Ty says:

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are both in LA but have not been seen together amid reports he left Paris to avoid seeing her.

They’ve spent weeks apart at a time, but Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have finally been spotted in the same city – although not together.

The reality TV star, 32, tweeted fans from her hometown of LA on Friday, sharing a picture of her in the backseat of a car.

‘Have a good weekend everyone. Be safe,’ she wrote alongside the frame which shows her smiling in an all-black outfit. The following day her baby daddy was pictured looking decidedly glum as he left a Malibu restaurant without his girlfriend in tow.

Kim recently returned from a trip to Paris – which just has been Kanye’s base for the last few months. But instead of a romantic reunion in the city, Kim spent the trip with her mother Kris Jenner after the rapper skipped off to Milan to be with friends.

It comes amid claims Kim had to beg Kanye to attend her upcoming baby shower because it is being filmed for an E! special.
      Jacked from The Daily Mail

KayCeiSoul says:

Ty! Why the KimYe baby in your gravi look like the mean man from “Despicable Me”?!?! Is that what we have to look forward to? Please no!!!

:wail:

Just Looking says:

Out of Court Settlement :yes:

But you still read, right? :lol:

Just Looking says:

Ya’ll have a wonderful evening.

:steer: :nite:

tim duncan wife look a lil mannish :coffee:

PumpkinsMama says:

Aint did this in a while….Scoot Scoo any nite crew?

I sheepy :yawn: and ain’t SHIAT on tv 2nite :(

PumpkinsMama says:

Jennnnnnnnnnnay :kiss: :hug: how was ur day today hun?

Girl been :sick: but I got quite a bit of rest :yes: bout to take some more meds to knock this out, It’s something in the air in GA got me over her congested like a mug, and my eyes feel heavy. I’m feeling a lil better though :yes:

PumpkinsMama says:

I’m sorry to hear that boo. It’s STILL raining here ughhhhhh :angry: I think it stopped on Sun and Mon ( I was ouuta town lol) but it’s gonna rain :cloud: the rest of the week then be like 90 damned degrees and muggy as heyull :phew: <===== me wiping off sweat

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally says:

( I was ouuta town lol)

Girl, we family here. You aint gotta lie to kick it. You got arrested for indecent exposure (masturbating on the grey hound) and had to spend the weekend in jail. No biggie. Weve all been there. That long…bumpy…ride…Dip after dip,,,Slowly but surely stimulating your outer ****oris,,,Not to mention the smell of foot funk, body sweat, and ass crack in those bus seats has scientifically been proven to be equivalent, if not greater than that of pheromones…Its almost a given that at one point during that trip—youre gonna touch yourself :yes: how can you not? :shrugs: In any event, Im glad you are ok :nun:

FuturedocDonte says:

Brendan is that you damnit :waves: you must work the night shift :thinking:

I was just peaking in to pick with auntie… She don’t be tweeting when her team losing. Officiating was bad going both ways.

SOME OF THEM CALLS WERE HORRIBLE..but LEMME JUST SAY THIS.. GO PACERS!!!!!

SOME OF THEM CALLS WERE HORRIBLE..but LEMME JUST SAY THIS.. GO PACERS!!!!!

NaijaGal says:

:yawn: I got nothing on the story