Stars React to Kelly Rowland’s “Dirty Laundry”

Kelly Rowland airs Dirty Laundry

R&B singer Kelly Rowland supposedly airs her dirty laundry for real in a new track that seems to confirm some of the rumors that have swirled around the Diva for years.

In the song titled “Dirty Laundry”, Rowland seems to fuel the rumors that Beyonce (pictured above right) is her half sister, and that Beyonce’s father Mathew Knowles is her biological dad. Kelly also suggests that she was a victim of domestic abuse — at the hands of her ex fiancé, former NFL’er Roy Williams.

Kelly Rowland airs Dirty Laundry

The couple broke off their engagement in 2006, after the dopamine faded and Williams came to his senses and decided they were “moving too fast.”

In a 2011 interview with Cosmopolitan UK, Williams said he made the decision to call off the engagement after he attempted to fill out a pre-marriage questionnaire and discovered he really didn’t know much of anything about Kelly.

Also in an interview for Cosmopolitan UK, Kelly said she was “embarrassed” by the cancelled wedding. She indicated that — like most needy women — she had put intense pressure on Williams to pop the question.

She described an “ancient aunt” glancing at her finger every Thanksgiving and asking, “No ring just yet, huh?”

Even though Williams and Rowland remain friends, it’s obvious that Kelly still harbors some resentment towards him — as evidenced by the words in her song, which may all be a figment of her overactive imagination.

For his part, Williams denies ever beating Rowland. He also hinted that Rowland might be a woman scorned.

Meanwhile, Kelly’s friends in the industry tweeted their support of Rowland and her stale and somewhat repetitive song. Scroll down to listen to the track.

Kelly Rowland airs Dirty Laundry

• Kelly Rowland Explains Why She Doesn’t Wear Makeup
  • Kelly Rowland Covers JET Magazine
  • Beyonce begged Destiny’s Child to reunite at Super Bowl
  • New Kelly Rowland Photo Shoot

• A.J.

Ion know what for. :tea: She has to have some “wow” factor to ensure album sales.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

It’s always a gimmick with Rowland. Why can’t she just put out great songs without the gimmicks? :coffee:

A.J. says:

Ion know what for. She has to have some “wow” factor to ensure album sales.

:preach:

• NaijaGal

I didn’t like the song…glad she got out of the domestic violence situation buttarum the cursing did not make my ears happy and the song was just meh :shrug:

• Chile Cheese!

I doubt that she used this song to confirm the sister thing, my best friends are my sisters so I think she was making reference to that… :stop: reaching Sandra it’s too early in the cotdayum mernin I ain’t had my :coffee: yet (really tea)

Sandra I don’t buy it at all :nono: but whatever . She seems nice but she does the most for a sale. By the way all of her previous albums suck, and I will not be a fool and purchase one again. With that being said best of luck to her!!!

:offtopic: Chile it’s easy as heyull to get a sorry ninja, but it’s hard as heyull to get rid of em RANDOM!!! :tea: carry on

• capricorn83

The song doesn’t seem like a single to me. Kelly has had a few hits, but I’ve never seen it for her solo career. :shade:

And nothing in that song alludes to Matthew being her father. Messy, as usual Sandy :tea:

• lovezoe

Why does one automaticay assume it was Roy Williams? Anyways, haven’t listened to the song. Kelly always seems to have one song on the album everyone talks about then she fades back away. If I was her, I would try to get a Neutrogena contract and call it good.

NaijaGal says:

did not make my ears happy and the song was just meh
      :hahaha: I didn’t even listen to it though. So done with mediocre music…

• A.J.

__
      :yes: indeed

• leoluv3

I absolutely love Kelly. I think she’s gorgeous and a great singer. I think the song is a release for her. She’s been hiding in Bey’s shadow and honestly who wouldn’t be jealous? I don’t think this song will catapult her stardom, however I do think she got off her chest what she needed to and now will hopefully be able to move on.

Morning peeps!! :hi:

• lovezoe

Morning peeps.

——–
      I know I’m 50 years late, but why did Keiara wait 25 years to have sex and have it up to a dude after knowing him 3 weeks?

• capricorn83

Roy cleared that up quick, fast, and in a hurry

A.J. says:

Chile it’s easy as heyull to get a sorry ninja, but it’s hard as heyull to get rid of em RANDOM!!! carry on
      __
      indeed

AJ lawd they stick to ya like glue :no:

Morning LeoLuv :hi:

• NaijaGal

Why does one automaticay assume it was Roy Williams?
      =======================
      cause that’s the only dude she’s ever been public with

• NaijaGal

that duo with Ciara and Bow Wo “Like You” got me body rolling this morning :danban:

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

:yawn: er’body know kelly and bey gots da same daddy…. and I think her, tina turner, and RiRi should go on the “BATTERED BUT NOT BROKEN TOUR” :coffee:

• VDot

:thinking: I wish someone would come and do my laundry RIGHT NOW. :yes:

Auntie isn’t Kelly your boo?! Gurl you better go dry those tears and cop a feel. She may even introduce you to your :heart: – Bey :yahoo:

• A.J.

“BATTERED BUT NOT BROKEN TOUR”
      ________
      I can not. :lol:

• Fated4Greatness

I liked the song…more so because it sounded like something she need t get off her chest…**** been pent up in her for years…I didnt see anything wrong with it :shrug:

• Trendsetter

Roy Williams said it wasn’t him, however, he gave a clue to who she might be talking about via twitter

• A.J.

Hey Vdot :waves:

• http://srchronicles.wordpress.com/ iAmChan

____

But…..but I thought you love Kelly!

• VDot

A.J :waves:

Pickachu Tran says:

I nominate Tina to be taken off this list :tea:

• http://srchronicles.wordpress.com/ iAmChan

Good Morning SR Fam!!

* I take pride in saying this because I rarely get up early enough to say this to y’all.

• VDot

Who is Keiara? I know a Kiara and she for sure didn’t wait 25 years to pop that cherry :no:

Morning Chan :hi:

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

IN OTHER NEWS: I just heard C-error’s NEW SONG for the first time.

I want those 4 minutes of my life back :mad:
      I wish she would JUST QUIT!!! QUIT I TELL U!!!!

her and cassie need to have several seats at a depth and blind school gymnasium.

• lovezoe

—————-
      Lauren London from The Game

• A.J.

Morning Chan

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Pickachu Tran says:

I nominate Tina to be taken off this list
      ________________________

:lol: but its not a battered but not broken tour without Miss TINA… IKE use whoop her ass just because the sky was grey.

but I get what u saying :lol:

• A.J.

Lauren London from The Game
      I dont know why I’ve never liked The Game. :shrug:

@Picka Ion know never heard the new song, but that song with Cassie and Wiz Kahlifah paradise is kinda hot :tea: weak vocals, but still kinda hot
      :headphone:

• http://srchronicles.wordpress.com/ iAmChan

@ Pickachu, that Ciara song ain’t a total misuse of studio time. I heard it for the first time on Monday during my road trip. I won’t buy, or download it, but I won’t just turn off the radio when it comes on as I am accustomed to these days.

Pickachu Tran says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      Pickachu Tran says:
      I nominate Tina to be taken off this list
      ________________________
      but I get what u saying

:lol: Tina is far from Broken now but I got ya :thumbsup:

• A.J.

It is so excruciating to see good actors dumb down for the likes of Debra Lee and Stephen Hill. :no:

• goat76

Why label Roy a women beater when we don’t know if it was him that abused Kelly? He said it wasn’t him. Until Kelly says it was him or not, we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

What’s the name of the song :thinking: Bodyparty is the cut :yes:

• Trendsetter

jeniefrumdabloc says:

What’s the name of the song Bodyparty is the cut

I like Body Party

• Trendsetter

And I like the video with her danicng in it…so cute and sexy…

• A.J.

Until Kelly says it was him or not
      She wont do that. Anything for an album sales.

• Bella770

I didn’t care for the song because it was a usual thirst move by Kelly. She would have done better by doing an interview but that wouldn’t make her any money :coffee:

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

I admit that song with wiz/cassie is hot :oops: I’on know I JUST CANT GET PAST WEAK VOCALS :shrugs: I took vocal lessons for years and lemme tell them bishes are an insult to all the serious vocalist out there WHO WILL NEVER GET ANY SHINE… It’s just sad what the music industry has become :no:

• goat76

She needs to at least come out and say it wasn’t him if it wasn’t. I hope she is woman enough to do that if she is not going to reveal who it was that abused her.

Trendsetter says:

And I like the video with her danicng in it…so cute and sexy…

Hunty now that is dancing baby :yes:

• Miany

Good Morning Picka, Bella, A.J, Trendsetter, Jenie, goat, Chan, Lovezoe, VDot, Fated, Naija, Sandra, leoluv, Chile, Capricorn :hi:

• A.J.

Morning Miany :yahoo:

goat76 says:

If she is telling the truth :rolleyes: she owes no explanation to anybody bout her lyrics unless, she says names. Folks can speculate all they want. All she is concerned bout is hype for her album… :tea:

• Miany

goat76 says:
      ^^ Good Morning and I agree. Anyone who makes a song like this knows questions are to follow. She should just say it wasn’t Roy but, I’d like to keep all other details private.

• Anna

lovezoe says:

—————-
      Lauren London from The Game

~~~~~~~~~~~~
      They’ve been “besties”. Love & Basketball.

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

I heard chris brown is back with kinka boo

• capricorn83

Morning Miany!!

Pickachu Tran says:

I admit that song with wiz/cassie is hot I’on know I JUST CANT GET PAST WEAK VOCALS I took vocal lessons for years and lemme tell them bishes are an insult to all the serious vocalist out there WHO WILL NEVER GET ANY SHINE… It’s just sad what the music industry has become

Totally agree :sad: I wouldn’t even want to be in the industry at all though , its some evil running that, and I believe it whole heartily :coffee:

Miany :kiss:

• http://srchronicles.wordpress.com/ iAmChan

I listened to the Kelly song…..either say who gave you a left hook or don’t say nothing at all because the public will assume and no real man wants that woman beater label.

• goat76

jeniefrumdabloc says:

goat76 says:

————-
      You’re looking at from her point of view. Step into Roy Williams shoes for a second.

• A.J.

I heard chris brown is back with kinka boo
      Love that new Chris Brown song :yes: I wonders if he’s utilizing auto-tune :shrug: i just cannot believe that he can hold a note for 4 seconds but hell who am I.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

iAmChan says:

Good Morning SR Fam!!

Good morning hun. :hi:

• lovezoe

:newpost:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

lovezoe says:

—————-

—————-
      Lauren London from The Game

That dopamine is a powerful brain drug. The main purpose of dopamine is to break down your resistance to a man so you can get pregnant. Dopamine is a tool to help man be fruitful and populate the earth. Don’t you notice the man usually always bounces right after he hits it? :coffee:

• Such A F’n Lady

I may be in the minority when I say this but I like the song. :shrugs:

Mornin’ all! :waves:

What else we talkin about?

• Miany

Pickachu Tran says:
      I heard chris brown is back with kinka boo
      ^^^ I’m not surprised. He has feelings for bothe Karru and Rih, neither one of em is right for him IMO but, he gone be in whichever warm bed takes him. :tea:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Bella770 says:

I agree. She’s a gorgeous woman but I bet her man gets tired of the game playing. :no:

goat76 says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      goat76 says:
      If she is telling the truth she owes no explanation to anybody bout her lyrics unless, she says names. Folks can speculate all they want. All she is concerned bout is hype for her album…
      ————-

Actually Ion believe the shyt period to be honest. Yeah its definitely wrong to put Roy in the mix though. I think that was done out of assumption because he was linked to her… unfortunate yes, but this is marketing ploy IMO. If I’m wrong then well my bad… I just don’t buy this crap :shrugs: and then again I have never been slapped around so let me just hush on the subject at hand period :D

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

goat76 says:

She needs to at least come out and say it wasn’t him if it wasn’t.

It’s really difficult to hide an abusive relationship in the music industry. Word usually always filters out. Kelly is going to wait a while, then say she wasn’t talking about anyone in particular. You should be used to her gimmicks by now. :coffee:

• MSVALLDAY

I don’t know I like when artist keep it real in their music! She’s just earned a couple of cool points in my book. Beyonce ain’t talkin bout ish in her music but Jay Z so let’s do the dirty laundry. I’m listening!

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com Pickachu Tran

A.J. says:

I heard chris brown is back with kinka boo
      Love that new Chris Brown song I wonders if he’s utilizing auto-tune i just cannot believe that he can hold a note for 4 seconds but hell who am I.

Im just amazed that breezy still sounds like a 15 year old kid. His voice hasn’t matured at all. He’s another one that needs to figure out if he wants to sing or dance during LIVE performances cuz he can’t do both :shrugs: At least he’s puttin out better music then most of these artist out chere….

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Pickachu Tran says:

I agree. I hate his whiny voice. When his songs come on in the car I change the station. :no:

• MSVALLDAY

MSVALLDAY says:

__________________________________________________________________

I meant to say I do like it when artist keep it real in their music.

• MsB2u

by goat76 on May 16, 2013 at 9:30 am
      ————————-
      I totally agree

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

Fawk what ya heard, I’m not even a huge fan of Kelly’s however I like the song & I believe her like k michelle said -who the hell lies about getting there arse whup when obviously it was an embarrassing situation to be in to begin with based on the words of the song, folks over analyze shiat for pure entertainment, without even considering it simply may be true :coffee:

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

It’s not a far stretch to believe a footbal player could be an abuser, it’s obvious based on this blog alone-we have plenty of them to reference as examples:coffee:

• va_shawty

Pickachu Tran says:

______________________________________________________

Tina Turner needs to be replaced by K. Michelle!!!

• msmello30

i watched kelly when she was with destiny child and she always gave beyonce so much props as if she was her hype girl. maybe this was a way of making sure she was not kicked out the group also. I do believe matthew knowles is her father. in addition, i believe the domestic violence is a act to prey on others emotions for support of her album like beyonce was doomed and then lied about being pregnant (knowing she hired a surrogate, such as soloange)and after she had the baby everyone was interested in her again. SMH…. I tweeted kelly last night and said, this sound made beyonce (ONCE AGAIN) a VICTOR and you a VICTIM! she needs to stop focusing on beyonce when she in facts possess the same talent as beyonce.