Doc Rivers Son Blasts ESPN’s Bill Simmons On Twitter

Doc Rivers Son Defends Him On Twitter

The sports world is buzzing today about the dismantling of the NBA’s Boston Celtics. The team’s stars Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce were traded to the Brooklyn Nets, while their coach Doc Rivers is heading to the Los Angeles Clippers.

ESPN’s Bill Simmons took Rivers’ departure unusually hard during a mini meltdown on ESPN’s live coverage of the NBA draft.

“I would like to call him a idiot but I’m too classy for that, said Rivers, responding to Simmons’ comment that Rivers “quit” on the Celtics.

The last time I checked, this was still a free country where a coach has the freedom to accept a $21 million contract to take his talents to another team.

Why does Simmons care so much where Rivers goes? This is the same guy who couldn’t contain his obvious bias for the Pacers and the Spurs — or any team that played against the world champion Miami Heat during the 2013 NBA playoffs.

Rivers’ normally mild mannered son, Jeremiah, was more direct. Justin took to his Twitter account to politely — but sternly — give Simmons the business.

Doc Rivers Son Defends Him On Twitter

• Sports: Ray Allen buys full-page ad to thank Boston Celtics fans
  • Sports: Ray Allen’s son influenced his decision to play for the Miami Heat
  • Celebs Out & About: LeBron James and Family
  • Celeb Style: LeBron James

59 Responses to “Doc Rivers Son Blasts ESPN’s Bill Simmons On Twitter”

He looks like Powder

lil creepy simmons said he was gonna have his 5 yr Old son get a twitter acct to handle DOCS kids :rolleyes:

Nakeya_j says:

I like this kid. He shut that man down and did it with respect. Good for him!

MoniquetheGeek says:

Is that Doc Rivers son up top looking like the ghost of Christmas past? His son stays on Twitter defending his dad.

I see an apology in 5.4.3.2.1

@MONIQUE
      Yup thats one of his boys

They lOOk just like their momma :eek:

FuturedocDonte says:

I’m a bulls and celtics fan…so I understand where the boy is coming from…. However; THESE KIDS NEED TO KNOW THEIR PLACE…. :cuss:

I wish one of mine would take to social media to comment on some shat :coffee:

And I aint taking his side or Simmons side…But last I heard; J. Rivers… the son need to sit down and hush and concentrate on making it out the D-LEAGUE.

I don’t know if he still there or not and don’t care enough to Google.

He looks like Powder

Fugg a casket bury me in a fridgedaire box. Buh Bye :ghost:

GAGIRL87 says:

I is what I is :rofl: Paula get out my head :kona:

iyonah says:

I don’t see a thing wrong with the response. I think Bill Simmons shares some of that Dan Gilbert mentality. Doc is a class act, always liked him, even though I am not a Celtic fan. Him and Ray Allen always showed great sportsmanship.

Nakeya_j says:

I wish one of mine would take to social media to comment on some shat
      —–
      I feel you, but it has to be hard when someone on tv keeps comming for your dad. At least the kid was not all rude.

JMO says:

He looks like Powder
      _________________________________

I was thinking caillou :think:

*shout out to CD Fenty for making me Google that a while ago* :|

FuturedocDonte says:

Doc Rivers son up top looking like the ghost of Christmas past
      —-
      :grabs hand and takes to the timeout corner: :kona:

Doc Rivers son up top looking like the ghost of Christmas past

________________________________

OMERGOD..ya’ll are goin in :hahaha:

Miany says:

Jeremiah Rivers A GUARD WITH THE maine red claws….d league team :tea: (no shade, just helping a Rose who aint wanna google. I’ll take me a D league man anyday, its a job wiffa good check)

Betamax82 says:

:tea:

He really looks like Casper all growed up! His face actually looks like the scream mask.

From what I gathered from all of this…J. Rivers is mad b/c Bill Simmons was riding with Doc when the Celts was winning…but then when they was losing…he tried to run him out of town. Where is his loyalty is the question…

Umm J…you DO know that the Boston Celtics are located in Boston right son? And you do know thatcho DADDY IS BLACK RIGHT?

I want some squirrel nuts and chico sticks.

~
      ~
      And Aaron coulda haD HIM OFF’d??

San says:

He dang near an albino :huh:

His face as long as I-95

luVn_liFe… says:

~
      ~
      And Aaron coulda haD HIM OFF’d??

He spoke the truth. Bill Simmons knows his basketball. His “Big Book of Basketball” should be required reading for those that love the sport.

But he shouldn’t be on tv and his questioning of different organizations is much better in print than on tv. I’m certain he won’t be on the air next year. For tv anyway. He will probably still have his radio show.

@SANDRA ROSE

Simmons fellates Lebron Sandra. He love that nigga more than Savanah. :lol:

mehh siMMoNs is a gas BAG

The Brooklyn Nets are targeting free-agent center Jason Collins, the first openly gay player in NBA history, to return to the franchise, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
      ~

~
      if they want him then whats the hold up,He aiNt on a TEAM

:ghost: @Aaron coulda kilt him.

Miany says:

luVn_liFe… says:

~
      if they want him then whats the hold up,He aiNt on a TEAM
      ^^ THEYON want him. must be just want some attention. I fail to believe it’s a bidding war surrounding a player with his stats.

goat76 says:

THE CLEAN QUEEN says:

I want some squirrel nuts and chico sticks.
      —————
      Squirrel nuts???

anw_rootbeer says:

MoniquetheGeek says:

——————————

@MIANY :lol:
      ~
      ~
      Of course they want the AttenTion

@WHO DAT
      “I haven’t read the entire Big Book @Man. The bish is about 800 pages long. My dad has a copy and I have browsed it tho…”

Gots to finish reading. Or at least read the very top players. Gives real good perspective on them as people as well as players. Especiallly the old timers like Oscar Robertson and Jerry West.

________________________

Targeting for what? Must be a spokesman or something cause it ain’t for basketball. :no:

goat76 says:

Miany says:

luVn_liFe… says:
      ~
      if they want him then whats the hold up,He aiNt on a TEAM
      —————
      Shat the Heat need big men, but they ain’t looked his way. They rather have a 25yr old that looks 70 with knees made of glass…lol Yeah ain’t nobody seriously checking for Collins, besides Bosh!

Miany says:

He’s so odd looking. To me him and sis look alike she’s like a cute version of him- same pointy face, she pretty with it though…The internet say she fine as heyull

MoniquetheGeek says:

Yeah ain’t nobody seriously checking for Collins, besides Bosh!

^^^^^^ This! :hahaha:

Yeah ain’t nobody seriously checking for Collins, besides Bosh!
      :shock:

GOAT!!! :tape:

@MIANY His daughter callie is a cutie,fine.. MEH.she’s tall

Miany says:

@GOAT… lol the Lebron :cloud: tho??? lol…for the record, he is 28 and looks 82. Ion know bout his knees, they look good and strong to me… wiff his ole uglysessi azz :kona:

Funny Callie wants a guy that looks like daddy . .
      the boys want a GF that looks like Mommy :eek:

I wonder where LeBron is going in 2015?

:bow:
      thanXdalaWD GOAT changed his gravie from MAC a RONi to his Squirrel NUTZ

ANYBOdy seen AVANt\KeKe wyatt vid you and i??

Miany says:

@Luvn…stop typing what I think… :lol: I sweeeea I was like..they followed the normal trend. Daughter check for what look like her daddy and Son check for what look like mommy.

Sandra Rose says:I wonder where LeBron is going in 2015?
      ~
      You still gonna Be TEaMHEAt when leBRONs gone or are U just team leBRON?

goat76 says:

Miany says:

@GOAT… lol the Lebron tho??? lol…for the record, he is 28 and looks 82. Ion know bout his knees, they look good and strong to me… wiff his ole uglysessi azz
      ———————-
      No, I was talking about Greg Oden. That’s just how bad Collins is that The Heat would rather have a nigga with knees made of tissue then to have his garbage ass.

The Pearl! says:

:newpost: hee-hee I always wanted to do that!

iyonah says:

@sandra I think he is going to end up on the Nets or as a Knick in 2015. Can’t see him going to any West teams, and all signs point to NY.

Time to dismantle as a CELTICS Fan. Team was getting old no able to handle the YOUNG GUNS as well as they should. Rebuild now than later. Love to Doc, KG, PP and RA. Question now remains where is Rondo going or will he stick around for the REBUILD. We’re good though 18 Banners. We’ll get the 19 and then some in time, some won’t even see their team get that many in their lifetime. IMO: Watch the BROOKLYN NET FANS come out of nowhere from everywhere. LOL

Afiya says: