Drake: ‘Fighting with Chris Brown Over RIhanna Was Embarrassing’

Drake and Rihanna

Canadian rapper Drake says his brawl with singer Chris Brown in a now-defunct NYC nightclub was one of the lowest points of his career.

In a sit-down interview with GQ magazine, on newsstands now, Drake called the fight “embarrassing.”

“It’s embarrassing, the amount of media coverage,” said Drake. “Two rappers fighting over the woman. He’s not even a rapper, but still, it’s the last way you want your name out there. It distracts from the music. But he’s made me the enemy, and that’s the way it’s gonna stay, I guess.”

Drake and Rihanna

When asked if he would ever smooth things over with Brown in the future, the 26-year-old rapper replied, “I don’t want my name to be synonymous with that guy’s name. I wish we could sit down, just like you and me are right now, and talk it out man-to-man. But that’s not going to happen. I’m not confrontational, but if someone challenges, I’m not going to back down.”

Drake didn’t confirm rumors that he received death threats from Brown’s camp, but he did hire extra security after the fight.

“If I think about it too much, I feel it wrapping around my foot,” Drake told GQ. “like I get a feeling it could end really badly. Like, it gets really dark.”

• Ciara Covers Fader Magazine
  • Niecy Nash Shares Secret to Keeping Her Man Happy
  • Rapper Chief Keef says NY weed is “weak as f*ck”
  • Drake Covers GQ Mag’s First “Style Bible” Issue

101 Responses to “Drake: ‘Fighting with Chris Brown Over RIhanna Was Embarrassing’”

Gigi26 says:

Man Aubry stop it bro :stop:

:rollseyes: cheddup jimmy! aint NObody scurred a YEW! :no:

fight scene straight outta westside story :2dance:

jazi65 says:

He’s not even a rapper :box:

MsLolo says:

THEE most.

:box: <—my 8 y/o ready to fight jimmy

He a lie. He don’t want to be friends with Chris. He still want Rih’s poom poom and Chris still want it to. Maybe when Rih get a new man they can be friends.

Bootcampgirl says:

I fcks with Drake but, that whole ensemble looks snug :blink:

I don’t want my name to be synonymous with that guy’s name.

:hahaha: anyways :rolleyes: CB song he has featuring is hitting :headphones:

Bird

:rofl: & sit around tambout how good it was like Mista & ole dude Sug avery married :yes:

featuring Aaliyah :smack:

gbellab says:

No Drake, your eyes being so far apart is embarrassing!

:box: <–Granny could take him :rofl:

Yardgirl says:

Fay-fay!! Mi leave a message fi yu below!! Anyway, mi a offa mi crazy fighting cousin dem fi come help yu out!! :steer: One name “Big Red” and the odda “Jackie” Dem crazy suh til!! :box:

gbellab says:

No Drake, your eyes being so far apart is embarrassing!

:ghost:

Nakeya_j says:

Yeah, because everyone believes that wheelchair jimmy is gonna Hulk up and stomp Chris out. They both are wack.

Torae says:

He keeps Chris Brown’s name in his mouth….get over it dude, stop talking about it….

Yardie

:steer: mi comin fi dem! dem ready? we waan ARMY! :shotsfired:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

anyways CB song he has featuring Aaliya is hitting
      *******************

Yes it is, but he didn’t need her for it. Her part is so minor he coulda let Coochie sing it. I’m chompin at the bit waiting for his CD to drop.

gbellab says:

No Drake, your eyes being so far apart is embarrassing!

FuturedocDonte says:

Who’s midsection is that photoshopped on his body? :rofl:

MSVALLDAY says:

At least he has enough sense to not have his body covered with tatoos.

His nose looks extra Jewish in that pic and no I aint feeling the semi shiny shirt and the white pants.

Ensemble looks like its cutting off his circulation in some spots.

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      anyways CB song he has featuring Aaliya is hitting
      *******************

She had a verse :thinking: and the hook

MSVALLDAY says:

At least he has enough sense to not have his body covered with tatoos.

+1 for jimmy! :clap:

FuturedocDonte says:

Who’s midsection is that photoshopped on his body?

:rofl: :rofl: I tell ya times sure have change :hahaha:

so when a bi-racial (blk/yt) use the n-word, do u posed to get mad at 1/2 of them or nah? :shrug:

sit around tambout how good it was like Mista & ole dude Sug avery married
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      “We both had huh”

:ghost:

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

Bird

***********************

The sad part is I can see this happening. In fact I bet that in the next 5 years it will happen. Then they gonna start fighting when one find out she did some freaky shat with one that she ain’t do with the other. Damn lightskinneded folk. This why they done went out of style.

Yardgirl says:

Come fi dem anytime!! :rofl: Dem is a fierce army of 2!! :wink:

Gigi26 says:

Drake looking like one of them Czech cats :lol: Go on then Aubry

goat76 says:

His arms look like women arms.

MSVALLDAY says:

At least he has enough sense to not have his body covered with tatoos.
      ***********************

:cosign:

Bird

:hahaha: :ghost:

goat76 says:

His arms look like women arms.

Nakeya_j says:

:offtopic:
      SO I am watching the clips of LAHHATL….is it me or does Stevie J look liek he has a Puff Daddy outfit on from 1998? All that white and gold…. :kona:

Nakeya_j says:

like*

GAGIRL87 says:

Can that shirt and those pants get ANY tighter :coffee:

Aubrey is actually growing on me, he’s a really talented guy. Just lame tho. It’s not his fault

:whistle: NO new friend

goat76 says:

See he is the type dude that has to get his eyebrows done. Otherwise his shat would be wild as hell.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

She had a verse and the hook

*******************

True, but he was singing with her much of the time. I think he really could have carried it on his own.

Bootcampgirl says:

:whistle: still down with my day one’s

Way up in the trees live the Monchichis-Chi-chi-chi-Monchichi-Monchichi says:

fight scene straight outta westside story

Ty says:

What about Nikko and Twon (the roommate) walking in looking like Jodeci rejects :coffee: Twon had on a leather vest and no shirt looking Mr. Dalvin :hahaha:

*back on top* Why does Drake have on a Miami Vice shirt :crying:

Nakeya_j says:

************************

:stop: I was seriously crushing on Steebie in his all white errthang. It could be that Nikko had him looking fine as hail by comparison.

FuturedocDonte says:

fight scene straight outta westside story
      —-

GWU says:

Wow. Everyone’s going after Drake hard. I guess when Chris Brown gets his GQ cover he can give us his side of the story. Oh wait…

Nakeya_j says:

What about Nikko and Twon (the roommate) walking in looking like Jodeci rejects
      ——
      :dead: hahahahah They look a mess. And Nikko really looks liek a Stevie J reject. Mimi needs to do better….And I was done with that red ball on the top of Nikko’s hat.

Nakeya_j says:
      ************************

Uh oh :lol:

Nakeya_j says:

——-
      That’s exactly what it was. Oh and Steevie was trying hard not to make the rat face.

*heart skips a beat* is that BRENBREN??

U know I miss u right? :ashamed:

I’m gettin soft & chit :cuss:

Ty says:

goat76 says:

_________
      yeah but too much Top Model LOL

In the words of Tyra, he is smiling with his eyes :hahaha:

I bet Mike’s “beat it” vid was more violent :duel:

MissHarlem says:

walking in looking like Jodeci rejects

:rofl: now that I think bout it :rofl:

I never watch a repeat of “reality” tv but when this epi airs for the 656566 time this weekend Im gonna watch it again

Yardgirl says:

Bren-Bren AND Fayla in one day!!! :love: Later my lovelies, the cable guy is gonna be here soon!! muuuahh!! :nun:

OMG so now he’s the victim and said not one malicious word about Chrissy? Ok. This is why I cant respect him.

MissTaken says:

I see Drake up there with all his teeth showing :tea: I dig Drake the artist but he strikes me as the type that will hit a dude from behind like Consequence and then “WHO WANT IT?! I’LL BEAT YOU LIKE I JUST DID SON!” then take off running :kona:

VDot says:

I was seriously crushing on Steebie in his all white errthang.
      _______________________________________________________________

:eek:

He was looking like a pimp in his all white awfit, holding those BMW keys huh?

MissHarlem says:

YARD :bye: post more often

Ty says:

:peace: Yard

@ Fay and Bren Bren :happy:

Y’all remember the fight between Meteor Man and that Gang Leader when they were voguing?

Straight Up Chrissy And Aubrey fighting. :rofl:

FayMrsWhipfinityIfYewNassy :whip: says:

I bet Mike’s “beat it” vid was more violent

—-

Especially when they had their hands tied together

KyCakes says:

——————————————————————–
      Oh boo, neither are you….Bless your heart :lol:

NaijaGal says:

I got nothing for Aburey except stop trying to be hard…stick to the wheelchairs and emos that you’re used to

FuturedocDonte says:

Whoever point out that fact that his eyes are a mile apart gets on my nerves.

Drake got them big axx chicklet teeth :biggrin:

MissHarlem says:

:nun: them roasted potatoes with truffle, mushroom and garlic was EVERYTHING lawd Hesus. Then the roasted lemon tarrogon chicken HEAVVVEENNNNNNN :nun: lil spinach salad was GLORAAYYYY

I dont even care if yall care :lol:

KyCakes says:

NaijaGal says:

———————————————————————
      She told that nigguh not to be chasing waterfalls :ghost:

MissTaken says:

I just saw the OWN commercial with the esteemed black actresses and the Gabby Union on it. As previously stated by other posters was everyone else busy? :wtf: Was it Bring It On or one of her 5 movies co starring with Morris Chestnut that earned her a spot on the couch? Is Ruby Dee still alive? Can she come? Or if they were looking for someone young how about Tika Sumpter since she is on OWN. Better yet *slaps thighs* how about Kimberly Elise, Paula Patton or ole girl from the Pine Sol commercials.

Miany says:

^^^ I was with him till this part. Now I could be wrong but I don’t take seriously any threats that come from a man using the word like more than once to like get his point across…. :nono:

VDot says:

He was looking like a pimp in his all white awfit, holding those BMW keys huh?
      ****************************

Aww come on. He’s been acting so nice these past couple of weeks. Trying to be sincere with his ladies and errthang. He even made up with Benzino. Give my new boo daddy some credit.

Way up in the trees live the Monchichis-Chi-chi-chi-Monchichi-Monchichi says:

I bet Mike’s “beat it” vid was more violent

:lol: Look at you goin in…YARDI :eek: On a weekday??? Sumthin tells me the rest of my day is gone be great :-) Hey Tyddybear :kiss:

MissHarlem says:

RAZZLE :lol: you too get the sthu from me bringin up that scene in Meteor Man

———–
      Fugg yew and errythang yew stand for. Please pack your things and leave now. :rofl:

Miany says:

or ole girl from the Pine Sol commercials.
      ^^ :dead: They asked hah. She said no. She aint tryna mess it up, she been holdin on to that gig since I was a lil girl.

libra80sbaby says:

They “fighting” and :argue: over Rihanna??!! aka “Everybody’s Girl” aka “Doorknob” FOH

MH- :rofl: I remember when they first fought, I immediately had that video linked to my name :lol:

MissTaken says:

I just saw the OWN commercial with the esteemed black actresses and the Gabby Union on it. As previously stated by other posters was everyone else busy? Was it Bring It On or one of her 5 movies co starring with Morris Chestnut that earned her a spot on the couch? Is Ruby Dee still alive? Can she come? Or if they were looking for someone young how about Tika Sumpter since she is on OWN. Better yet *slaps thighs* how about Kimberly Elise, Paula Patton or ole girl from the Pine Sol commercials.

******************
      I too was like :eek:
      Gabby looked so random. I guess the big O can do some wrong afterall. But congrats to Gabby for being treated like a serious actress that been in some shat that mattered.

Ty says:

yall need to stop coming for Gabby. She has affected the Arts just as much as the other veterans :stop:

Everybody in here remembers something from Bring It On and Deliver Us From Eva :crying:

MissHarlem says:

RAZZLE thats just as bad as Shirts vs Blouses :rofl:

NaijaGal says:

Gabby looked so random.
      =====================
      and therein lies the problem…I blame illuminati

———-
      :ghost:

VDot says:

___________________________________________

Homemade? If so, recipe please :biggrin:

I’ve been eating like a Death Row inmate today. Every hour on the hour :no:

MissHarlem says:

TY so you sayin Gabby is along the same lines as Ruby Dee :rofl:

MissHarlem says:

RAZZLE thats just as bad as Shirts vs Blouses
      ———–
      OMG that whole basketball scene! :rofl:

NaijaGal says:

yall need to stop coming for Gabby
      =====================
      fcuk Gabby Breaka Union…chit I’d have taken the lil girl who played Tina Turner over her fake ass permanent smirk straight to dvd ass

VDot says:

Give my new boo daddy some credit.

____________________________________

:facepalm:

You trying to get on the bus too?!?! :steer:

His arms look like women arms.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      He shaved em

“How about you and your friends vs. Me and the Revolution?”

:wail:

VDot says:

:newpost: on Photoshop of KKK (Kanye, Kim, Big K)

MissHarlem says:

VDOT :yes: was in my chef mode. Potatoes: clean, cut how you like then toss some olive oil salt with some roasted garlic (cut half a bulb put in oven on 350) or toss what you like mushrooms (had to get rid of so I used it) truffle was in season so got rid of that. At the last 5 mins I squeeze lemon over it for a lil bite to them. For steak I simply cut red potatoes olive oil salt and pepper 35 mins and done.

Chicken clean seasoned with salt and black pepper (I use coarse so I have to grind it which taste better to me) tarragon and fresh squeezed lemon to your liking. I like a lot so I use a lot and I also used the roasted garlic so I can get rid of it.

Ty says:

MissHarlem says:

TY so you sayin Gabby is along the same lines as Ruby Dee
      yeah chile and Angela Bassett :rofl:

Deliver Us from Eva was just as good as WLGTDWI and LL didnt even try to make her eat the damn cake :crying:

VDot says: