Jada Pinkett: “Beyonce’s body is too much power for one woman to have”

Jada Pinkett Defends Beyonce

Actress, producer and philanthropist Jada Pinkett Smith had something to say to Beyonce’s haters who criticized her inappropriate stage attire during the Chime concert in London. Beyonce wore a custom Gucci black curve-fitting leather one piece body suit with silk tulle sleeves and black crystal embellished shoulders. The 30-year-old mother-of-one completed her outfit with a pair of black TKO combat boots by Stuart Weitzman.

“Here is the problem I see, a woman’s body is too much power for one woman to have, even Beyonce,” wrote Jada on her Facebook page in a post titled “Whose body is this anyway?” Read the full text of the post after the break.

From Jada Pinkett’s Facebook:

There was some backlash about the performance outfits for the Chime concert. Since a woman’s body has been deeply connected to sin, it’s easy to forget all the power and beauty her body and sexuality possesses. Yes, with this power comes great responsibility, but how was Beyonce’s tasteful outfit irresponsible? Here is the problem I see, a woman’s body is too much power for one woman to have, even Beyonce. Although we see corporations exploit this power through women and girls, with far less clothing on than Beyonce, to sell their products, do we protest? But hey, a woman has to be in check, right? Know her position since we’ve all been taught that a powerful woman is dangerous and that a powerful man makes the world go round. Here’s the deal… soon the reign of shame on a woman’s body and her control of it will end. She will be autonomous. For she can’t truly be free without it. And oh boy…what a different world this place will be…when she is free.

• Jada Pinkett-Smith Retains Divorce Lawyer?
  • What is the deal with Jay Z Signing a 9-year-old to a record deal?
  • Will Smith and Jada Pinkett respond to breakup rumors
  • Terry McMillan caves in and apologizes to the Smiths

60 Responses to “Jada Pinkett: “Beyonce’s body is too much power for one woman to have””

Gigi26 says:

Pretty deep post Jada..I actually agree with her :yes:
      :applause:

DoNotDeleteMe says:

:yawn:

Diva says:

Diva says:

*kicks in door* what ya’ll ill talmbout? :buttshake:

Diva says:

I guess this B post ran errbody off :tea:

:yawn: stfu jada! she stay saying the most on her FB posts. ion “like” the heffa’s page but some friends do so i see her stats. :yawn: guh BYE! :bye:

a woman’s body is too much power for one woman to have
      ^^^

makes NO sense to me :shrug:

hey Diva! :hi: :bye: Diva! yall have a good one :peace:

datsmdubya2u says:

Maybe folk just sick of seeing Bey in a onesie…

errythang aint that deep

Smonae says:

Aint ish wrong with what Bey wore for that perfomance, some people put too much energy nothing :coffee:

Diva says:

:wave: Hi Fayla :bye: Fayla

SeeMs like BE :yawn: SAY’s Errythang is too much for ALOTTA foLkS :tea:

Bad Influence says:

I love Jada…. i will never bash an intelligent black woman who (IMO) has always been a positive light in such a dark negative industry….i also never understood the Jada hate…. :think:

Beyonce is starting to look like something…iono what tho :huh:

Jada it’s time to shut the hell up sweetie. People are tired of hearing words of wisdom from you and Will. Like someone really hates yall. I read the reviews for After Earth and it was slammed unfairly. So I’m thinking they done pizzed someone off. I saw the movie on Friday AND Saturday so of course I thought it was just fine. But the way the critics got all in his azz and tanked his movie in advance I think they want old boy to get back in his place and bring his little mouthy wife with him.

RegyBery says:

autonomous

^ *pulls out dictionary* ooh autonomous!! Acting independently or having the free will to do so. Thanks apple for the definition. Stfu jada :tea:

Diva says:

@BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD where fo have you bean gal? :kiss:

:wave: hey LUvn

Shay_OH says:

I can see the drool just pouring from the sides of Jada’s mouff like a lawn sprinkler just thinking about the “power” of Bey’s body. :lick:

Afiya says:

#RealTalk :yes:

MZN says:

Jada spoke the truth right here. What she said was so powerful. She’s right, a woman’s body is powerful. Men have been trying to control a woman’s body for centuries through religion, laws, etc. A weak man can’t handle the power of a woman.

The average woman can’t understand this concept-so sad. We will get there though… eventually.

I’m glad she spoke up. :applause:

Bad Influence says:

@MZN, :cosign:

VDot says:

I agree with everything she and MZN said! I wish more women would realize their power, not only physically but spiritually and mentally. Men are threatened by women and will do anything in their power to shut them down, including turning women against one another..

VDot says:

And I like that Jada feels comfortable to speak her mind without worrying about backlash from Will. I like that Will is secure enough and respects her enough to not try and “shut her up”.

MissTaken says:

*kicks in door* what ya’ll ill talmbout?
      by Diva on Jun 3, 2013 at 5:02 pm___
      *closes door* You come back during normal business hours you hear?
      ~~~
      see this why I lubs yo font….ummmkay!
      by Diva on Jun 3, 2013 at 5:23 pm
      :hugs: I miss your font. These people be working me too hard. I be sneaking on SR :scared:

scorpio says:

@

————————————————————————
      If the movie tanked, it’s probably due to Wil himself. The pairing of himself and his son, is too much. First you have Wil, who is too full of himself, at times, now you have him pushing the son off as well, and the daughter, it’s a good thing she decided to just be a kid for a while. There is enough time for her to get out there when she’s older, but I think people are turned off by them. Almost on the same level of Tom Cruise when he got to full of himself a few years back, and his career suffered.

scorpio says:

As for Jada, I like her, unfortunately she has not acted as much as she should have. I think her marriage to Wil, took her acting career. She was good in Collateral, and Hawthorne was a great series.

jazi65 says:

ummm I don’t get it :shrug: who’s hatin on her body? for me its those dam edges & support pantyhose that make me cringe.

Ni ni says:

I dont think she can yodel as good without a leotard on. Beyonces message is loud and clear, youre only powerful if you show your body and sing about stripping for somebody, cute face big booty and all that at 45 yrd old. Its kind of ironic though watching a whore of babylon and the queen of babylon talk about female empowerment when theyre mostly known for their sexuality.

I guess Jada should shut up since she not on a blog talking about another celebrity, telling sex stories, or causing e-beefs. Yep STFU Jada you have no business sharing your thoughts like the rest of the world

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally says:

^^Oh you noticed that too huh :think: Im guessing it was a powerful Jew #Nohate, but theres a machine behind the hate. Then the Black blogs pick up that mess, add to it, and run with it,,,If it were Barack we’d read betwixt the lines, FOX news and the others have put many of us on defense when it comes to him,,,not all of us, but many of us,,,So were prepared for it, were ready to rebuff it,,,REBUKE IT,,,But this is the Smiths…This is new territory…

First the swinger rumors,,,the break up rumors, base-less opinions that they dont know how to raise their kids, scientology (altho never confirmed), now this. Hollywood will overlook anything as long as you make them money…You can fukk and marry your step-daughter, flee the country after molesting underage children,,,Alls well long as it generates revenue :tea: Will aint never been nothing (at least publicly) but a nice guy, and a family man…Same with Jada…Probably 4’11 tall at the most, 95 lbs of pure joy,,,But,,,Then again you yourself told her to shut up—-So :shrugs: Is what it is,,,Another blog is asking has he lost his A-list status, is it time to start buying his movies on bootleg :smack: Robert Downey jr can be cracked out, playing lil Red Robin Hood waking up in a strangers home…And still end up as THE IRON MAN! Let Will make a movie that not everyone likes,,,And his career is over,,,And even worst—We cosign that mess…Theres a bigger picture here…Somebody is mad at them for whatever reason,,,And theyve used that controlling, manipulative, trickery to make ‘US’ angry at them as well…ZMT (Jew owned, hmmm) has posted several stories on how awful the movie is,,,Trying to pull Vivica into that mess,,,Thankfully Will is HUGE overseas, and shall see this thru no matter what folks over here do and say—Similar to Michael Jackson,,,As much as we here bashed him—They had his back over seas…The media is very powerful, and extremely persuasive,,,Thankfully they cut off my cable,,,So Im good :nun:

PumpkinsMama says:

Suggah Britches :lick:

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally says:

droopy booty :kiss:

PumpkinsMama says:

HEY! It’s just that one cheek like Karli Red. We needed that xtra money after you got hit by that car chasing after a squirrel. Couldn’t afford to get more butt shots :ashamed:

LongLegged says:

WTF, Jada? Was that some **** from sciencetology? I understood nothing…

cocosilk73 says:

Outfits such as this only solidifies the fact that she performs stripper acts on stage. I’m sure she will be proud to show these performances to her surrogate’s kids when the time come.

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally says:

:love: Not as good as possum, but much easier to catch :yes: Shoot in some areas you find them laying on the side of the roads,,,Just ripe for the plucking,,,Who cares about the risk? Like Big Mama usta say—If you dont get ill, it aint real road kill :nun:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Yt. That’s who. On the question on WHO they mighta pist off. Cause at the end of the day? They just black folks from Philly and B’more respectively who came up on some money. Hollywood? THE REAL Hollywood? Can only take BLACKS; no matter WHAT year it is (1923, 1983, 1993, 2003, 2013) or what award you done won–seriously. At the end of THAT day; you still black. No matter how many number one movies (Will) you done had. No matter WHAT it is you think you have done; you still black.

The end.

<<< Knew when I was like what 15 and he won the Grammy that eventually they (yt) was gonna get tired of him. He middle aged now. It was only gonna last but so long. Be glad it lasted as long as it did.

"It" being the love affair that Hollywood had with the black boy from what is as close as to what "they" gonna see as the streets. Streets being West Philly. He accomplished a lot while they was in love with him. Its over now.

Me personally Im tired of seeing bey with THIRSTY BLONDE HAIR and Leotards.. Can somebody please give this heffa a NEW LOOK

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally says:

^^Oh you noticed that too huh Im guessing it was a powerful Jew #Nohate, but theres a machine behind the hate. Then the Black blogs pick up that mess, add to it, and run with it,,,If it were Barack we’d read betwixt the lines, FOX news and the others have put many of us on defense when it comes to him,,,not all of us, but many of us,,,So were prepared for it, were ready to rebuff it,,,REBUKE IT,,,But this is the Smiths…This is new territory…

First the swinger rumors,,,the break up rumors, base-less opinions that they dont know how to raise their kids, scientology (altho never confirmed), now this. Hollywood will overlook anything as long as you make them money…You can fukk and marry your step-daughter, flee the country after molesting underage children,,,Alls well long as it generates revenue Will aint never been nothing (at least publicly) but a nice guy, and a family man…Same with Jada…Probably 4’11 tall at the most, 95 lbs of pure joy,,,But,,,Then again you yourself told her to shut up—-So Is what it is,,,Another blog is asking has he lost his A-list status, is it time to start buying his movies on bootleg Robert Downey jr can be cracked out, playing lil Red Robin Hood waking up in a strangers home…And still end up as THE IRON MAN! Let Will make a movie that not everyone likes,,,And his career is over,,,And even worst—We cosign that mess…Theres a bigger picture here…Somebody is mad at them for whatever reason,,,And theyve used that controlling, manipulative, trickery to make ‘US’ angry at them as well…ZMT (Jew owned, hmmm) has posted several stories on how awful the movie is,,,Trying to pull Vivica into that mess,,,Thankfully Will is HUGE overseas, and shall see this thru no matter what folks over here do and say—Similar to Michael Jackson,,,As much as we here bashed him—They had his back over seas…The media is very powerful, and extremely persuasive,,,Thankfully they cut off my cable,,,So Im good

:rofl: :preach:

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally says:

:rofl: :preach:

PumpkinsMama says:

Ooh Big Daddy I love it when you gets all deep thankin n shyt. But Idk if they pissed someone off as “The Machine” just felt the need to try and humble a ninja or knock him off his block. Will had previously said he didn’t take the role in Django b/c the character wasn’t the lead :blink: And just recently when talking about Jayden bein emancipated, he said something to the affect that “his Dad is the greatest actor in the world”. Ya’ll know damn well Hollyweird only lets “us” shine until THEY feel we should be shiny. So maybe Will’s new penny era has just come to an end :nun:

P.S.- Jada SHOULD STFU tryna sound deep and sayin a whole lot of nuthin :tea:

GM ya’ll this was a drive by :steer:

beyonce is not aging well :no: a shame LaToya and Kelly still have that YOUTHFUL look :coffee:

NaijaGal says:

The blood stain banner that people choose to pick crack me up…Jada should not shut the fcuk up…bypass her words if you don’t care to read it…how would you like someone to tell you to shut the fcuk up about your thoughts…I’ve seen how the chit goes left when people do here so ummmm yeah…sound just as bad as the slaves saying “hush up now, massa been good to us”

:cosign: BRENDEN, co-motherfcuking sign

Nakeya_j says:

Morning Roses. lol at Jada’s PSA.

NaijaGal says:

:yawn: when yall ready to discuss Love/Hip Hop I’m here

Nakeya_j says:

Morning Naija. Let’s chat. Please tell me what happened. I did not turn it on last night.

i missed love and hip hop. What happened :popcorn:

Bootcampgirl says:

*waiting on Naija for the 411* :popcorn:
      I know I’m late but I absolutely slept on the Mommy wig…#yallcare
      :waves:
      Good Morning all, it’s only Tuesday…

MsB2u says:

good morning everybody
      :waves:
      ————————–
      NaijaGal says:

:yawn: when yall ready to discuss Love/Hip Hop I’m here
      June 4, 2013 at 8:22 am
      ————
      now

NaijaGal says:

NAKEYA – girl it was a hot mess :lol: Scrappy told his momma to get some act right…Buckey showed up at a show Erica was modeling in and was mumbling chit but when Erica was by her she ain’t have chit to say…Stevie is training Jose 2.0 “LET’S DO THIS LIKE BRUTUS”…wanted BRUTUS to apologize to Jose…Jose weren’t feeling Steview’s new project and they got into a scuffle…no one won, they both lost…Kirk came across as the biggest bitchass nigguh to ever exist on earth…hinted Rasheeda should basically get an abortion…treating his wife like some side hoe who got knocked up *I still think they’re faking it for a storyline but it’s still fcuked up* Benzino got a good head on his shoulders *literally and figuratively* cause he told Kirk he was tripping…btw they talked about the pull out method like Kirk wasn’t a grown ass man with 50-11 kids…MiMi had 2 incredible hulk moments about K Michelle…yelling and cursing but never did chit to K except stand there and take that flower bath like a champ…MiMi and Ariane got into it *btw Ariane is messy as hell but apparently no one wants to call her out on it cause they’re too busy focused on K* oh and I bust out laughing at MiMi and her “me mad, me angry aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggg” moments

lovezoe says:

:newpost: ready to discuss LAHHATL

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey Ms B :danban1:

Miany says:

:newpost: good morning yall :waves:

lovezoe says:

I feel bad for Rasheeda in a way. All of this for “fame”. Girl, you still not a star. No way would I stand for my husband saying get an abortion and I got pregnant on purpose. Hubby said no way she the same age as him (31)

Nakeya_j says:

SO my co worker just informed me that Mimi was the punk I already thought she was. Here is my thing. If you have NOTHING for Jose who gives you every reason to beat her down, why are you trying to jump bad with everyone else?! Chile boo and bye.

lovezoe says:

I agree that Ariane the messiest one. She know Mimi was mad, why basically keep pushing the issue they need to talk. Same thing at that “housewarming” with no gifts or guests. She asking K and Rasheeda are they gone speak. Then she sit back and smile with clean hands.

Nakeya_j says:

lol I just watched the clips. Why did Baby Boop give that boy her money only for him to say they got got?!

NaijaGal says:

come upstairs NAKEYA

DaddyLilGirl says:

@Bird How did Will Smith movie tanked, when the first week his movie made 26 million dollars in 2 days. I’ll take it.

DaddyLilGirl says:

Anything Beyonce does, people will always have something to say. All the hate towards her. They took time out to help others and the only thing people have to talk about is…. Smh!

DaddyLilGirl says:

@naijagal Karma is a bish! Rasheeda, always talking about K michele, not having a husband or man. Now look at her; her husband treating her like a jumpoff. Be humble..