Woman Killed By Runaway Shopping Cart

Woman Killed By Runaway Shopping Cart

A 60-year-old grandmother was killed by an overloaded shopping cart in Shanghai, China. The accident happened at the Lianhua supermarket on Friday morning.

CCTV footage captured the woman pushing her own cart down a flat escalator in the store. The woman apparently heard a sound that made her turn around seconds before the runaway cart sped down the escalator and crashed into her, throwing her violently against a concrete pillar.

Seconds later, 2 men are seen sprinting down the escalator to help the woman. But she died from massive internal bleeding.

Shopping carts are designed to lock onto the edges of the escalator to prevent this sort of tragedy from occurring. But according to Stomp and QQ websites, the men loaded their own personal cart with 15 cases of drinks. Police are investigating the tragic accident.

In America shoppers are not allowed to ride down similar escalators with their carts. A gate is employed at the top and bottom of escalators in stores here to prevent shoppers from entering the escalator with their carts.

Watch the video below. WARNING: GRAPHIC.

• Wing-Walker Stuntwoman Dies in Plane Crash at Air Show
  • 2 Lesbians Fall Out in Court After Each Received Life for Beating Toddler to Death (video)
  • 5 Haitian Teens Found Dead in Florida Motel Room
  • Missing Teacher’s Body Found in Submerged Car

90 Responses to “Woman Killed By Runaway Shopping Cart”

Audacious2 says:

How tragic! :blink: I’ve never seen a ‘flat’ escalator at an angle like that, which would make it difficult pushing anything heavy downward.

gbellab says:

the man/woman in purple doesnt even think about helping :ashamed:

puppylove says:

Me no likey escalators

puppylove says:

Why not hold on to ur cart

LSLH says:

Wow, that was hard to watch. Sad.

mzwhang90210 says:

puppylove says: Me no likey escalators
      ____________________________
      Me eitha. I swear I act as though I have a mental disorder when-eva I get on one. I stand there…and put my foot on the escalator step…then take it back…then repeat like 2 more times. I’m skurred of escalators. NOW I have more reason to be.

This is kinda like that case where the child’s foot got severed by an escalator.

@Sandra..hope ur feelin betta :heart:

RIP.

Shay_OH says:

Thanks for the new post Sandy!

And I’d never heard of an escalator with no steps before. Seems dangerous, and obviously is, I see.

mzwhang90210 says:

But according to Stomp and QQ websites, the men loaded their own personal cart with 15 cases of drinks….
      :wtf: And not one the MEN (plural)…had control of that cart loaded down with drinks? That cart hit her HARD + her advanced age… helluva way to die. SMH

All kinds of negligence here…from the store… to the dudes who were not paying attention to their cart. One dude should’ve been in front of the cart …and one behind.

Damn that came out no where ! :blink: my god !!

:karate: :beatdown:
      ————–
      And lookie here *looks at the thief* :lol:
      ============
      Jenny, was she shouting in Chinese? :tea: #toosoon?

GWU says:

That explains something. In Canada we have the type of escalators you see in the video (except at Wal-Mart which has the gates), but I’ve never seen outside carts on them. I think the men thought their cart would “lock” on the escalator.

When you put the stores cart on them, once the the front wheel is on it locks in place (by a magnet). You can’t push it to save your life, Lord knows I’ve tried because those escalators are soooo slow. You don’t even have to hold onto the cart if it’s full of groceries. It doesn’t move.

I expect to see signs at my grocery store when I go tomorrow.

That poor woman, God must have been calling her home. . . and when she didn’t answer. . .

eastpointvet says:

dang thats crazy

LSLH :hug: Everything will be ok, it may not seem like it now (with whatever you are going through) BUT just keep doing like you are doing (praying) and hold your head up :yes: We all go through it, <—that's the operable word 'going through', not stuck in it!

I have been very fortunate in some areas of life, and not so fortunate in other areas, but I'm still standing! And you know the Roses are here for you to lean on *cues Lean On Me* :whistle:
      :D

^^^The Club Nouveau version :grill:

GWU says:

I didn’t realize they lock in place by a magnet. If this happened here in America I would be suspicious of foul play. But the Chinese people are so gentle and kind to each other. This is very sad. I hope she didn’t feel anything. :(

Thanks mzwhang90210. You’re welcome, Shay_OH.

(whiny voice) ION wantcho kisses, I need ah splaination!!!!!!! :huh: <—Arnold Face!

Uhhhh ummmm Ok, I do want em :kiss: *snickers*

SR, you should do a post on how the elderly Chinese are in trouble now (because of that one child law) and how there’s no one to care for the elderly and tie it in with your ‘be fruitful and multiply’ thoughts, or something along those lines :tea: #interesting

Shay_OH says:

Dang, now I have that Club Nouveau song stuck in my head :whistle:

lovezoe says:

I’m afraid of escalators. I will go UP but not down. I always picture myself falling or getting my foot caught.

Just Looking says:

Trayvon :pray:

puppylove says:

Once saw a lady tumble down a non moving escalator. Ripped her legs open

Nthabi says:

Crazy!!

Dude in purple standing there “spectating” thinks he’s at the movies, or something?!

Hope you’re feeling better today, Auntie.

I got nothing else.

ZimboChick says:

They have them in supermarkets Asia. Wheel locks in to the side of escalator and immobilizes cart then disengages when you reach the bottom. I always held on to my cart just in case to be safe. Lived in Asia for a year and never had any issues with this. Supermarkets where i lived were gigantic due to population (like triple walmart superstores). You can’t service so many people on a regular elevator so this was more convenient. Sad for the old lady.

RIP to this lady on this freak accident. :sad:

If nobody has seen the Youtube video of Paula Deen getting hit in the face by a Smithfield ham…at Portia’s from RHOA’s family foundation (Hosea Feed The Hungry)…view it SOON before it disappears from YT.

LMFAO !!!!!!!! That nose should have been broke :rofl: Omalami << hosea daughter :hahaha: her expression though :rofl: I know all of them I grew up with her children (the grankids) her son is missing an eye, when we was little I remember him playing with fire crackers and one of em popped in his eye. he lost an eye :nono: he has an artificial eye ball from that. It always had me paranoid about fire crackers :bite:

@Jenie…I am in NC and here Smithfield Hams are HUGE. The hams are named for Smithfield, VA but there was a Smithfield Packing in Smithfield, NC (other parts too)…And we so country I told yall we have an annual…Ham and Yam Festival :dead:

But with that being said our local NEWS had the vid of her being bust in the face with that Smithfield Ham on THEIR WEBSITE. How I found it :ghost:

:hahaha: Ham or turkey them joints be like 5 pounds :rofl: :lolsign:

or more :rofl: :hahaha: damn near frozen too :rofl: :rofl:

Why my cousin on FB checking for Kim Fat azz :facepalm: thee fugggg why :shrugs: ugh :no: :blink:

TMZ reports that a woman named Deanna Gines — Gossip Cop says her name is Deanna Gordon — is claiming she was in the VIP section of Heat Ultra Lounge in Anaheim, Calif., on Saturday night with Brown after his performance at Powerhouse 2013 at the Honda Center.

When the bar was about to close, she claims Chris shoved her to the ground. TMZ reports that she says the shove “was deliberate and she fell hard on her knees.” The woman, 24, says she now has torn ligaments in her knee and shared a photo of herself in a big leg brace. She filed a police report and an investigation is said to be underway.

Meanwhile, Brown has tweeted — and deleted — a defense. According to Gossip Cop, he tweeted at TMZ to please “stop with the false stories. I don’t usually comment but I didn’t do anything.”

But the latest tweet from @chrisbrown says only, “#positiveenergy.”

She added that she is getting statements from the promoter and owner that “this never happened.”

UPDATE, 9:30 p.m. ET: In a stronger statement, Perna tells USA TODAY: “Reports that Chris Brown had physical contact with a female patron at the nightclub Heat are totally false and unfounded. Upon speaking with witnesses, security and the owner of the club, it has been proven that said patron caused the physical harm to herself in her belligerent state.”

Mike Joher of Royal Entertainment explains that “the claimant was trying to jump on stage and security was doing their job by keeping people away from Chris. There was no way that he could have touched her, his section was roped off and he had heavy security surrounding him. Witnesses state that she was persistently trying to rush Chris. She was eventually removed from the club.”
      ___________________________________

well bish YOU TRIED IT :lol:

Miany says:

Good Morning Picka :waves:
      @WhoDat (when u get here) you made my WHOLE day with that hit in the face video….
      Paula: :smack: “Ran head on into a HAAAWG!”

off topic… I know yall see these yt kids round here smoking alcohol now… LAAAAWD I :pray: for the future a the world.

I am here @Miany. When I say I done watched that clip about 5 diff. WAYS? My sides hurt cause I done looked at it agane this morning. :wail:

God bless the kids smoking alcohol. Hope they don’t blow theyself to smithereens trying that. :sad:

Cubarican says:

Why are there escalators even like that? Flat and at a downward angle? I’m surprised this is the first that has happened.

Cubarican says:

I just saw the ham viedo! Did someone say it was a drive by hamming??? :hahaha:

lovezoe says:

TMZ reports any and all negative stories about Breezy. Chick was looking to pay off Sallie Mae.

MissTaken says:

@Who Dat: I saw saw that pig get hit by that ham awhile back. HILARIOUS.
      @Jenie: Speaking of Portia Williams (give Kordell the name back he ain’t worf it) she has been on the Rickey Smiley show and while she seems like a sweet girl her voice :nono:

MissTaken says:

Sandra I hope you feel better :hugs:
      And God bless the fallen (no JOKES) lady in this video. I too am paranoid on tall/long escalators. I am always afraid as I am going up that I might fall backwards or miss the step coming off. One time I promist I thought I had ran out of steps and mistimed it. It weren’t nothing BUT GOD that made another step appear. :cell: Wayment you said that’s how escalators built? They moving steps? OH.

____________________________

EXACTLY :yes: po LIL TINK TINK.. they just won’t let CHRIS LIVE.

Morning all! :waves:

Picka did you see the picture? Dirty ass house… Instead of trying to get easy money take care of home. :nono:

Don’t y’all hate it when folks be posting pictures in the mirror with sh*t everywhere in the back ground and a messy ass mirror that needs to be cleaned ASAP??

Dirty ass broads!

Miany says:

:hi: Cuba, WHoDat..yes Cuba drive by hamming, lol…Did yall peep how Hollis, her lil token black was right THERE with her??? I thought she met him last week and paid his black azz to come stand in front of that black board…smh… guess he really been riding with Paula all these years, bet he done been all types a dirty ninjas round the Deen plantation :tea:
      @Picka.. yes girl. these kids crazy. They found a way to get drunker quicker cuz the alcohol goes straight to the brian but, it’s also waaaay more addictive than drinking liquor straight.

lovezoe says:

Razzle- Shows how much I watch EBT, didn’t even know it was coming on. Thanks for the heads up.

This is sad, how come there were no locks on the cart or escalater? :no:

Sandra I hope you’re feeling better… We don’t want anymore mixed up fonts :lol: :hug:

lovezoe says:

The pastor was talking about how the kids know inhaled/smoked alcohol to get drunk quicker. These kids are just DUMB.

———
      I don’t watch BET :lol: That was Picka asking about the awards

————
      Oh so soaking tampons in everclear and sticking it up their asses wasn’t working out for them huh? :think:

How does one smoke alcohol??? Soak papers with it?? dry it, then smoke it??

I don’t watch BET That was Picka asking about the awards

++++++++++++++++
      Oops! My bad. Only time I watch is for The Game, Househusbands.

Miany says:

:hi: MissTaken, Razzle
      MissTaken.. I hate escalators too. Even without anything in my hands, I fear em and stay away. :nono: I’m clumsy enough with stationary floors.
      @Razzle…yup. I hate how folk have no shame. Hide yo filth fool!

Cubarican says:

:hi: mornin Miany! Yeah I saw him there like he was about to do somethin!

lovezoe says:

Razzle- Pretty good! No complaints, what about yourself?

MissTaken says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:
      __________________________________
      Do what nah? :shocked:

and WHY COME EBT did a season finale for THE GAME just to bring it BACK a MONTH later..shyt doesn’t make a LICK of sense to me :no:

DEBREA LEE spongebob looking azz needs to go…

@Razzle…yup. I hate how folk have no shame. Hide yo filth fool!
      ————
      and be trying so hard to be sexy too! Pissy mattress on the floor no sheets clothes scattered everywhere :no:

LoveZoe-I’m good this morning. The quicker this week goes by the better though. I have leave starting next week and I’m ready!

MissTaken says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:
      __________________________________
      Do what nah? :shocked:
      ———–
      Oh you didn’t hear about that? Dumb asses would end up in the hospital for alcohol poisoning because I guess the booty absorbs it fast.

PumpkinsMama says:

My Drive by L&HHAobservations:

Mimi – Glad you dumped the junkie, but they say if you keep catchin the same fish, maybe it’s the bait (you) faulti :tea:
      And you and Steebie were actin halfway adult

Ooh lawd Buck Nasty! How you wanna fight Erica when you laid up w/HER man/baby daddy y us mad son?

Erica y you surprised Scrapple give you a ring when he down and out? Because your azz keep running back to bail him out (pun intended) :rofl:

Baby Bop you are DAMAGED too! You can’t even go on a date w/a brother w/o sking about bytches he humped? See help. Why does her mouth area look like she weighed 500 lbs and lost it :shrug:

Karli I ain’t mad at your “hair hustle” get dem coins. But um er y everbody supposed to think YOU so hot? With you geriatric azz?

K. Michelle I’m tired of these 12 step apologies you givin out :rolleyes:

Rasheeda and her wife….. I cried a little when Deb told her she looked 15 mos preggo makin a video! But I was mad that they was actin like this pregnancy was runining her “career”. Mam you can have 11 mo consecutive kids, don’t nobody care but Kirk, you safe. Kirk kill yourself. Ain’t no amount of money (guess it is to these two) to make somebody be this disrespectful to a wife on TV :nono:

Scapple getting fat :eek: lookin like a damn chipmunk in his interviews

PumpkinsMama says:

Morting ladies :waves: off to the :bounce: house ….

Just when you thought the kids had discovered every possible way to ingest alcohol, they went ahead and started soaking tampons in vodka and shoving them up their rectums.

Perhaps you’ve heard about “butt chugging” before, but KTNV hadn’t, and so they produced this strangely whimsical TV news report: The “younger crowd,” the station reports, has found another “bizarre and dangerous way to get drunk.” Sure, butt chugging is bizarre, and maybe dangerous, but it is also fairly straightforward:
      Both guys and girls are taking tampons, soaking them in alcohol and them shoving them into a place they definitely don’t belong.

It is known as “butt chugging” and it will supposedly cause a person to become drunker quicker and for that drunk feeling to be more intense.

Doctors warn that this is a very dangerous practice and could lead to muscle damage.
      A doctor told KTNV’s Jessica Janner that butt chugging is “the same as if you’re injecting alcohol intravenously,” and warns that this kind of absorption doesn’t give any “warning signs”—so you might get very drunk from the vodka-soaked tampons, but you won’t have to vomit later. You just might have to sit down gingerly.
      Kids, man. What will they think of next? Drinking vodka through their eyes???
      ————-
      Well I knew of some kids using everclear…I know y’all know about everclear.. :no:

And they asked “drinking vodka through their eyes???” well if you can inject H-ron in your eyes…. :kona:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

RAZZLE is the , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. says:
      ________________________________________
      Ummmm no. These heffas is crazy :hahaha: That’s what they get. I hope they booties come back looking deformed like Karlie Redd from that mess

Rasheeda on there last night looking like a SOLID GOLD DISCO QUEEN. That shyt was tragic :no:

Scapple getting fat lookin like a damn chipmunk in his interviews
      —————
      who is scapple? lol

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Razzle why don’t I see the champ emote in your name anymore? I wanted to be cool like you and others and change my name… but it shows the emote code on mine :lame:

67 The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran says:

—————-
      *in my best foxy cleopatra voice*

[whispers]

“Solid Gooooooooooooooooooooooold
      Solid Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold!
      It’s Gold it’s gold it’s gold it’s gold it’s solid gold baybay yeaaaaahhh!
      She’s got the midad touch, the touch that’s too muuuuuuch! Hey Rasheeda! Raaaaaaasheeeeeeedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! She’s got the golden stash, Supah baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, Hey Rasheeeeeda! Rashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeedaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
      It’s Gold it’s gold it’s gold it’s gold it’s solid gold baybay

:danban1:

:danban:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

————-
      It’s only when you copy and paste in a comment that you’ll see the emote boo :lol: :hug:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

I am trying to wait to go in on LHHAtl for when Sandra makes a post on it :waiting: But its hard cause it was so much foolishness

CheBell says:

Kids already did/doing the vodka though the eyes. They were doing that before the butt chugging. Who knows what’ll be next.

I feel like dancing to that damn song now :rofl:

“I luff gooooooooldt!”

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:
      It’s only when you copy and paste in a comment that you’ll see the emote boo
      ______________________________
      :oops: OH. L NAW. :rofl: I see it now

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

—————-
      *in my best foxy cleopatra voice*

[whispers]

“Solid Gooooooooooooooooooooooold
      Solid Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold!
      It’s Gold it’s gold it’s gold it’s gold it’s solid gold baybay yeaaaaahhh!
      It’s Gold it’s gold it’s gold it’s gold it’s solid gold baybay

Trendsetter says:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

I am trying to wait to go in on LHHAtl for when Sandra makes a post on it But its hard cause it was so much foolishness

_____________________________

That episode last night was a mess….

CheBell says:

———
      Shooting up the veins directly… :smh: “it’s Insulin! I got diet beetles!” be smelling like straight up ciroc… :no:

MsB2u says:

good morning everybody
      :waves:

GAGIRL87 says:

Pumpkin that review slayed me yo :rofl:

ALL my beautiful roses hi and bye :hug:

@ Naija :kiss: :crying:

Good morning fam :waves:

Pickachu Tran
      Miany
      Who Dat
      Cubarican
      lovezoe
      RAZZLE
      PumpkinsMama
      CheBell
      MissTaken

Today will be a Blessed day :yes:

It seems like sticking alcohol up your butt would burn so bad… *holds booty*

I don’t get it…is it that serious that you need to do something so stupid?? No regard for their own life.

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

@Sandra: Yes it will be a fabulously blessed day! :nun: ME TWIRLING

lovezoe says:

Agree with PumpkinsMama re: LAHHATL.

That dude Traci went out with: :no:
      Mimi is easily bought and teaching her daughter disrespect.
      K can blow, her attitude sucks.
      I dont believe Buckey scratched herself with her own watch in the eye. Erica look like the chick that keeps a blade under her tongue.
      Rasheeda just do stuff to prove folks wrong. You 40 and pregnant talking about something shooting out your butt. I guess that pregnancy gas no joke

lovezoe says:

Agree with PumpkinsMama re: LAHHATL.

That dude Traci went out with:
      Mimi is easily bought and teaching her daughter disrespect.
      K can blow, her attitude sucks.
      ————–
      :lol: yea I had pretty bad gas… cleared a room once… but that was due to my craving of dill pickles and mustard to dip it in…

Cubarican says:

Good morning Sandra! Feeling better?

lovezoe says:

Razzle- My hubby was like what you gone blame that gas on when you drop that baby. :rofl: Rasheeda is a joke. I feel that if she was to make it, she would have already.

:newpost: LAHHATL