Beyonce and Solange Protest Florida Jury’s Not Guilty Verdict

Solange Knowles Protest

Singer/DJ Solange Knowles was among the demonstrators taking to the streets around the country to protest the acquittal of the man charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Solange participated in a rally for Trayvon at Brooklyn’s Borough Hall, in Brooklyn, NY, on Sunday — one day after a Florida jury acquitted George Zimmerman on all charges. Solo’s more famous sister, Beyonce, asked for a moment of silence during her concert at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. “I’d like to have a moment of silence for Trayvon,” said Beyonce on Saturday, about 30 minutes after the verdict was announced. President Barack Obama called for calm after the verdict. And the Dept. of Justice says it will review the case to see if Zimmerman violated Trayvon’s civil rights.

If you wish to donate money to the Trayvon Martin Foundation, click here.
Photos: HRC/WENN.com

• Beyonce and Solange Skip Their Father’s Wedding
  • Celebrity Style: Solange Knowles Wearing Mary Katrantzou
  • FanMAIL: Solange’s hair cut makes her look less than a woman
  • FanMAIL: Sick Of Beyonce *Update*

78 Responses to “Beyonce and Solange Protest Florida Jury’s Not Guilty Verdict”

Ty says:

Say that Solo :preach:

Anyone joining the colleges this evening in Atlanta :waiting:

FuturedocDonte says:

:clap:

Betamax82 says:

:thumbsup:

Betamax82 says:

Solo looks cute with no makeup

libra80sbaby says:

:claps:

lovezoe says:

:clap: Solo looks so youthful.

Betamax82 says:

This day in age entertainers have more power over the youth than anything so I am hoping more of them come forward for positive causes especially in this case in point instead of talmbout sizurp and big booty exotic bishes

Um how old is this pic Sandra :rofl:

FuturedocDonte says:

Willow’s wig looks STRESSED – like it was up all nite tossin & turnin,

—–
      :rofl: i just went back and looked at that shait again :rofl:

Solo got real women’s legs too… and after a child…

FuturedocDonte says:

Solange got enough hair for braids :thinking:

Ty says:

About 40 protesters marched down Auburn Avenue early Sunday morning in response to the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin murder case. Zimmerman was found not guilty by a Florida jury late Saturday night.

The protesters met in the West End and marched to Downtown the city before ending at Woodruff Park. On Auburn Avenue, the group chanted “No justice, no peace, let’s take it to the streets” while they marched. Several police cars slowly followed the demonstrators with flashing lights. Some of the protesters covered their faces and some tried to throw cones into the streets, while other protesters shouted at them to stop. The group continued along on Edgewood Avenue before returning at Woodruff Park, where the protest ended around 2 a.m.

No one was arrested during the protest. Another rally is planned for 6:00 pm today at the West End Park.

FuturedocDonte says:

Solange got enough hair for braids
      ————-
      Solo has a medium sized fro.. It’s cute

~
      ~
      I seen on a few other sites,How FolKs wanted to Know why Bey didnt honor the AZ firefighters and other BS . .
      cAUSE SHE DIDNT FCUKING WANT TOo! BiCThES have balls

LesBinLuv says:

I love her for sooooo many reasons…I’m still feeling a type of way behind the verdict…prolly not a good thing that I work in an office full of “Georges”…give me the strength to make it thru the day…

Ty says:

——
      Where’s this at?

Caramel Rain says:

LesBinLuv says:

******************

Keep calm, hold your peace and let the Lord fight this battle. They want you to pop off so we can look angry and agressive. Dont give them the satisfaction.

The ppl in my office dont respect the PRESIDENT and i know that dont gave a dam about this Trayvon case.. smh

Ty says:

LesBinLuv says:

I love her for sooooo many reasons
      Me too! Love the fact that she is a one woman team. Always going against the grain and doing what da hell she wants with her fashion, music, etc

Diva says:

I’ll try this agane! :wave: Good morning Roses!

Betamax82 says:

So Sandra did you attempt to snatch the wig or not

DIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :woohoo: HElllUURRRH!

Smonae says:

:waves: Diva

Nope Beta, but some of the beyhive did recognize her :hahaha:

goat76 says:

Betamax82 says:
      talmbout sizurp and big booty exotic bishes

————
      lol… good luck with that.

Smonae says:

or at least that’s what Sandy tweeted :shrugs:

Fronting like she didnt like the show, while trying to do all Bey dance moves :ha:

:yahoo:
      MILkkkkaYYYYYYYYYY :hug:

Chile Sherrie is preaching on the view :applause:

Betamax82 says:

Diva :hi:

Intrigue216 says:

:applause:

Is anyone watching the view, chile :tea:

goat76 says:

Caramel Rain says:
      ————————-
      A couple of centuries too late. It’s bred into them to feel this way about us.

Diva says:

Well now :shakebutt: hey hubby and wifey :woohoo: fugg you two been at? Don’t eva leave me agane!

Betamax82 says:

Smonae says: Nope Beta, but some of the beyhive did recognize her
      ________________________

DoNotDeleteMe says:

Good for them! :applause: Sister Power! :cheer:

I am so glad that Elizabeth is off the show cause chile :tea:

The realest quote I ever read went something along the lines of: “…I guess STOLEN people will never be protected in a STOLEN land…”

:handclap:

goat76 says:

Hey Diva!! :kiss: Where you been!?!?

Smonae says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

Now that :cosign:

Betamax82 says:

:shocked:

Gigi26 says:

:clap: I respect her for this..

Idk i’m numb to be honest…since I grew up with the NYPD its no different.

I saw that interview his brother gave and truth be told, he needs to be removed from further interviews because his words will get ppl even more riled up cuz I know I was…

Family full of pigs. :no:

Gigi26 says:

I respect her for this..

Idk i’m numb to be honest…since I grew up with the NYPD its no different.

Family full of pigs.
      ———-
      His “god bless america” ass .. :no:

Gigi26 says:

Piers Morgan tried to break it down and the way his brother responded..maaaan he is REAL BOLD. :no:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

In this meeting and I can barely function! I have a SERIOUS case of the Mondays!! #yewcare :wail:

Milky says:

@luvn :hug:
      @wifey :kiss:

Gigi26 says:

Him and that so called friend of his Taffie, :no: death wish

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

——–
      Just gwon head and go to sleep… YEW IS CARRYING TEW BABIES! :lol:

Diva says:

goat76 says:

Hey Diva!! :kiss: Where you been!?!?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Hey hunny…been a little busy!!!!!! You missed meh? :kiss:

Bomb this is why I took leave, :tea:

lovezoe says:

Jenie- Just turned it. The defense lawyers up there now. What Sheri say?

Chile the defense attorneys are on the view :rolleyes: I am waiting for Whoopi to read they ass, and Sherri has gotten the hell on, I don’t blame her

:love: Solo
      and :thumbsup: to B for mentioning this during her concert.

More celebrities need to get their azzes up.

Chile look at this shyt here :tea: how in the do defense attorneys to sleep at night :no:

Gigi26 says:

@Jenie: I don’t know if I would wish death upon him but they will soon find out that they ain’t as “white” as they THINK they are…

They already started to speak about them not being true Sprites :yes: because of their Peruvian heritage :tea:

They are MANY hate groups in this nation..I’ve seen documentaries about it and lemme tell ya they wouldn’t spit on Zimmerman if he was on fire :tea:

Diva says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Gigi26 says:

Him and that so called friend of his Taffie, :no: death wish
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Somebody is gone hand that nucca Taffie his azz to him. He pops off at the mouth way too much!!!!! He is racist!!!!

Esq :hug: I hope you feel better.

:rules: <– really says turn off the news. Dontchew be getting dem babies worked up :mad:

Look at this skelatore motherfawka :tea:

lovezoe says:

t

Flawless says:

Good for them :handclap:

Can someone twot: Smack him Whoopi! :ashamed:

lovezoe says:

Fact remains if Chaz would have stayed his tail in the comfort of his car, Trayvon could have been enjoying his summer vacation right now.

spiceykay says:

@Jenie I am watching the view and George lawyers sound like they knew he is guilty but being careful not to say anything.

Cubarican says:

I am so glad that Elizabeth is off the show cause chile
      _________________________________________

Only to be hired by Fox news!! That’s where she belongs anyways. She worked my nerves everytime I saw her.

Betamax82 says:

Does anyone know why Just Looking & WerinProgress were banned they have default gravis now

Caramel Rain says:

Sigh, how can the Martin family move on and get back to their “regular” life with all this media coverage and constant reminder of their son’s death?

Diva says:

spiceykay says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I am watching this too and I get the same impression.

Diva says:

Betamax82 says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      What, When & How? That Dayum SR better stop the madness :rofl:

lovezoe says:

Dude talking about he hope one day George can pay him, how about all that money he got from living expenses. Don’t take 30Gs a month.

Breezy says:

spiceykay says:

———–

I just said the same thing!! Don West is too ****y and arrogant..

DoNotDeleteMe says:

I went to the #J4TM Rally in Columbus, Ohio yesterday…and it was powerful! :love: All ethnicities, ages, sexes were represented. It was so beautiful and we all decided to come together for the greater good. That is how we honor the lives and sacrifices of Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis. :cheer:

I can’t watch the news because I cannot stomach the smugness and arrogance from the GZ Klan. Bottom line, it will be the Aryan Nation that will be the undoing of GZ. He is a JEW AND LATINO. They only help fund his defense to protect their way of thinking: that it is lawful to kill a Black man and not be held accountable. He is a pawn in their wicked and twisted game. Now that the Aryans have the verdict they wanted, they have no more use for Mr. Butter Butt and they will dispose of him. No more money in the coffers. They are through funding THEIR DEFENSE. O’Ugly Duckling and Dumb West are petitioning the Department Of Justice to place him in federal protective custody and give him a new identity. Bottom line, he was found not guilty of breaking the law and he was given custody and control of his murder weapon. I suspect when the verdict is handed down in the wrongful death lawsuit to the tunes of tens of millions of dollars (which, BTW, he WILL HAVE TO TESTIFY BY LAW), he will blow his brains out. :shrug:

Beta, :thinking: ion think so, maybe just chose to default their gravis or there’s a time delay :shrug:

WalkingKontradiction says:

From Below: WalkingKontradiction says:

I am SOOO Motivated! I was always about business and always trying to help but as I study for this Bar Exam, my focus has increased exponentially!
      To the person who said WE aren’t going to do anything about it and will only be up in arms for a week, I beg to differ!
      I was on a conference call that the Martin Family’s attys, Mr. Martin himself, NAACP leaders and members of congress were on last night and I am here to tell you, this is not over!!

Don’t be cynical, be active!! If not, you are just as bad as those you criticize.

trayvonmartinfoundation.org to donate to the cause. Zimmerman raised over $450,000, Trayvon’s foundation as of the date of the verdict had only raised $150,000!!! I’m a broke graduate and even I gave $10 last night!!!

Get up people! Stand up! We cannot keep asking, it’s time to demand. And maybe this will show young black men that they are seriously targets out here, therefore there’s no need to kill each other! RIP Trayvon, RIP Donny (my friend who was murdered in 2007), and every other young black man who has lost his life to senseless violence. It’s time to stop this madness!

tintin1979 says:

wow, solange looks like she’s 5 years old in these pics.

tintin1979 says: