Beyonce in Houston

Beyonce Martin tribute

While in Atlanta for a concert over the weekend, Beyonce took a private, guided tour of the historic birth home and church of civil rights icon Martin Luther King. On Monday she posted photos paying homage to Dr. King on her personal website, which were mistaken for a tribute to slain Miami teenager Trayvon Martin.

Sources tell me that Beyonce's publicist fielded numerous phone calls all day yesterday from the media who thought Beyonce's photo tribute was a subtle protest of the Zimmerman not guilty verdict. So Beyonce instructed her webmaster to add a photo of Dr. King to her website to clarify who the tribute was intended for.

Beyonce Martin tribute

Beyonce could have simply left it the way it was and allowed her website's visitors to draw their own conclusions as to who the tribute was for. But public image is everything to a narcissist, especially after she caught flack from the media for requesting a moment of silence for Trayvon during her concert on Saturday in Nashville, Tennessee.

• Beyonce and Solange Protest Florida Jury's Not Guilty Verdict
  • Beyonce and Solange Skip Their Father's Wedding
  • Is Beyonce Cheating on Jay Z with one of her dancers?
  • FanMAIL: Solange’s hair cut makes her look less than a woman
    • MsOnederful

UH OH

• MsOnederful

yea someone said..she should of did the same for the Arizona firefighters that perished in that fire where 19 of them perished..then the BeyHIVE jumped the person online..of course.

Chile :facepalm:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

"Beyonce could have simply left it the way it was and allowed her website’s visitors to draw their own conclusions as to who the tribute was for."-Sandra Rose
      ________

Yup.

• Gigi26

Uhh well the Arizona firefighters perished doing their jobs

Trayvon perished simply because of skin color :tea:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

How was the concert Sandra?

• Jfalls

Spineless and cowardly :no:

Everybody should go visit there :yes:

• gbellab

I'm actually surprised so many "celebs" have expressed their feelings regarding the verdict. Beyonce only had a moment of silence yes, but better than Oprah's NOTHING.

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

@GIGI
      "Uhh well the Arizona firefighters perished doing their jobs

Trayvon perished simply because of skin color

________

A-phuckin-Men.

Hi GG and Jenny :kiss:
      :hi: Man
      :waves: MsWonderful

• gbellab

Im so sick of the argument of People Die Every Day. Its a travesty that this one died minding his own business while being black. We should just accept this? No I cant. I wont.

Man fawk these folks feelings :shrugs: real talk, they can all kiss the pink of my azz..... mostly complaining are the sprites :tea: yeah and fugg them

DTS :hug:

• http://www.ejb.kitsylane.com The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran

but better than Oprah’s NOTHING

:cosign:

• MsOnederful

gbellab says:

I’m actually surprised so many “celebs” have expressed their feelings regarding the verdict. Beyonce only had a moment of silence yes, but better than Oprah’s NOTHING.

her audience is mostly...CLEAR....thats her bottom line..so you know she's color blind when it comes to touchy situations like this... We all know she probably feels bad for what happened either way though. I would love to read TYLER PERRY OR JADA' Pinkett opinion on this matter considering they are VOCAL about everything else. Including topics/situations such as this

• Gigi26

:hi: DTTS!

• MsOnederful

:waves: Doesn't talk....Jenn, Man, Gbellab, Naija,Gigi, Jfalls.

• EyesofScorpio

gbellab says:

-----------

Did you read Lance Gross's open letter to fat fuk? its great.

• Drag_Anne_fly

her audience is mostly…CLEAR….thats her bottom line..so you know she’s color blind when it comes to touchy situations like this… We all know she probably feels bad for what happened either way though.

***********************************
      Truth!

MsOne :hug:

• http://thegameonbetblog.tumblr.com/ Bird

*************************

I'm going to conclude she used symbols from Dr. Martin Luther The King to pay tribute to Trayvon Martin.

• EyesofScorpio

MsOnederful says:

===============
      The person deserved that dragging if they were stupid enough to compare the two.

• gbellab

@ EyesofScorpio.. no but I will check it out now :)

• EyesofScorpio

Gigi26 says:
      Uhh well the Arizona firefighters perished doing their jobs
      Trayvon perished simply because of skin color

----------------------------------

:thankyou:

• EyesofScorpio
    • capricorn83

Beyonce's website...she can post what she wants (including clarifications and/or non clarifications) :shrugs: I'm failing to see the big deal :tea:

• MsOnederful

EyesofScorpio says:

Gigi26 says:
      Uhh well the Arizona firefighters perished doing their jobs
      Trayvon perished simply because of skin color
      ———————————-

smhhhh...so right....this makes my blood boil all over again...I worry about my son...We live up north so the law and jury up here would not be so biased..but that dammmm South..... MAN LISTENNNNNNNNNNNNNN....

• EyesofScorpio

From downstairs:

Miany says:
      ^^ FUGG her. FUGG her face, fugg her aspirations, FUGG her momma, FUGG her daddy, FUGG HER AINT PRODUCE SHII OVARIESSSS! fugg her whole dayum generation, fugg all the mofos on the jury that didn’t stick to using the fuggin common sense god gave em
      …that’s exactly how I feel boutta whole dayum jury. FUGG THEIR LIVES. cuz they KNOW if Zimmy azz was black and Tray yt, they would not have given Zimmy the benefit of doubt… to them it was “heyull I get scared when I see a ninga in a hoodie too”
      You don’t wanna know how I feel bout the re-writing of the law though…I wont start cuz then I wont finish.
      ole bissh azz crakaz

-------------------------------------
      :applause: :applause:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

How was the concert Sandra?

Loud and boring.

• luVn_liFe…

gbellab says:I’m actually surprised so many “celebs” have expressed their feelings regarding the verdict.
      ~
      ~
      FCUK all of the CELEBS and they FEELINGS!
      They have such a HUGE platform and following they could rally in some troops for a cause!
      but I GUESS ITs easier to tweet then take and Make ACTION
      :rolleyes:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

gbellab says:

Beyonce only had a moment of silence yes, but better than Oprah’s NOTHING.

I think Oprah, like me, just wants us to move on and get on with our lives. This is exactly what the media wanted: to divide this country and start a race war. Don't let them win.

• Gigi26

@MsOne: Me and my sis were JUST talking about this..I said Zimmerman would be in Jail no questions asked if this was NYC cuz they don't play with Guns AT ALL. Yall saw what happened to Plaxico and Lil Wayne, Ja Rule..shiid Lil Kim...they don't eff around. He would've gotten at the very least a Manslaughter charge and still would've served at the very least 5 years in Prison.

Now if it was the NYPD it'll be different :tea: but that convo is for another day...Zimmerman was NOT A COP and didn't have the badge to protect him :tea:

• EyesofScorpio

@MsOnederful

:hi:

• Miany

Gigi26 says:
      Uhh well the Arizona firefighters perished doing their jobs
      Trayvon perished simply because of skin color
      ^^ :applause: why are folk acting confused??? dont bother answering, I KNOW WHY they acting confused.
      @Jenie... :cosign: all that shiii you said. If an innocent child is killed and they don't see the wrong in it?? FUGG EM ALL!

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

How was the concert Sandra?

Loud and boring.

• Afiya

Ya'll just ain't gonna let this woman be GREAT, no way, no how, she just can't win :no: <--- SMH

Maybe she should get your opinion and do as she's told by the masses...forget about her thinking for herself and doing WTF she wanna do :stop:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

I’m going to conclude she used symbols from Dr. Martin Luther The King to pay tribute to Trayvon Martin.

:cosign:

• lovezoe

Sandra know she didn't go to Bey concert. :coffee:

• cheeks8683

B-37 - the juror who wanted to pen a book- is a white woman who volunteers rescuing animals. She is married to an attorney and has two adult children. She said she and her husband used to have concealed weapons permits. During the last round of questioning, she said she had an issue with the type of weapons people are allowed to carry. She also thought weapons’ training was inadequate for people seeking permits. 'It should become harder,' she said
      B-51 is retired, unmarried and doesn’t have kids. She has lived in Seminole County for nine years working in real estate and run a call center where she said she had experience resolving conflicts. When asked if Zimmerman did something wrong by following Martin instead of waiting for police, she said: 'Yeah, I guess he did do something wrong.'
      B-29 recently moved to central Florida from Chicago. She enjoys watching the 'Real Housewives' on television and works as a nurse on an Alzheimer’s section of a nursing home. She said she hadn’t paid much attention to the shooting. She said she has been arrested, but her case was dropped. It’s not clear why she was arrested or exactly what happened to her case, though she said she was treated fairly. She is married and has several children. A prosecutor described her as 'black or Hispanic' during jury selection
      B-76 is a white woman who has lived in central Florida for 18 years. She manages rental properties with her husband of 30 years. She has two adult children, including one who is an attorney. She is involved with rescuing animals in her free time. During jury selection, she said she had been the victim of a nonviolent crime. 'Everyone deserves a fair trial,' she said.
      E-6 is a white woman who is married and has two children. She has worked in financial services and has lived in Seminole County for two years. She is active in her church and involved with her children’s school. During jury selection, she said she didn’t know the facts of the case well.
      E-40 is a white woman who works as a safety officer and recently moved to Seminole County from Iowa. She describes herself as a football fan. During jury selection, she said she had been the victim of a nonviolent crime

• Who Dat

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

How was the concert Sandra?

Loud and boring.

:dead:

• EyesofScorpio

I think Oprah, like me, just wants us to move on and get on with our lives. This is exactly what the media wanted: to divide this country and start a race war. Don’t let them win.

----------------------------------------

yeah thats what they always say after they keep bending us over and f ing us up the azz with a long pole with nails on it, this country was ALREADY divided. We will not be able to just move on, this will happen again- just look at how many times in the past there was no justice for a Black man wrongly murdered. If this had happened to your nephew, brother could you really just 'move on' Sandra?

• Smonae

________________________

:cosign:

• Smonae

Like Sandra gone admit she had fun at a Beyonce concert :rofl:

Where's OTB :think:

• http://www.caboki.com/index.html Man, I just don’t care™

@SANDRA ROSE
      How was the concert Sandra?

Loud and boring.

I guess Beyonce ain't do enough :buttshake: for you???
      Or you tried to rush the stage and her bodyguards were like :stop:

Who else performed?

• Drag_Anne_fly

LOL! A Bey concert ain't never been boring, that woman knows how to entertain an audience.

• Drag_Anne_fly

Auntie, why my gravie ain't changed? :(

• Smonae

Drag_Anne_fly says:

LOL! A Bey concert ain’t never been boring, that woman knows how to entertain an audience

:cosign:

Bey told that queen to "put that damn camera down hunty I'm rt here in your face"

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKucUlbrwSU Buttercup

Hopefully Trayvon's death will not be in vain. Personally, I don't want people to move on and get over it. I want people to FINALLY open their eyes to see that "WE ALL WE GOT!" Maybe this will bring about a change in our thinking that we should help each other more. Instead of criticizing and downing each other, show and teach a person that there is a better way to go about doing things.

• Miany

@BIRD... of course that's what she was thinking.
      @Sandra... no thank you, I'll move on when Trayvon comes back or George goes to jail, whichever comes first. :tea:

• EyesofScorpio

@Miany :hi:

• MsOnederful

Gigi26 says:

@MsOne: Me and my sis were JUST talking about this..I said Zimmerman would be in Jail no questions asked if this was NYC cuz they don’t play with Guns AT ALL. Yall saw what happened to Plaxico and Lil Wayne, Ja Rule..shiid Lil Kim…they don’t eff around. He would’ve gotten at the very least a Manslaughter charge and still would’ve served at the very least 5 years in Prison.
      Now if it was the NYPD it’ll be different but that convo is for another day…Zimmerman was NOT A COP and didn’t have the badge to protect him

ALL of thisssssssssss with cherries included...I will never forget when the Sean bell verdict was read and I was listening to WENDY Williams.. on WBLS and she cried....and she said for all of you black men out there.. I am so SORRY... It bought tears to my eyes...because I got what she was saying..the value of a black man's life..is less than that of a dog...in the eyes of the LAW on either side of the fence...

• MsOnederful

:waves: Scorpio Hey Honey bunn

• waterlily_76

Smonae says:

________________________

:yes:

• MsOnederful

YOU BETTER PREACHH....BUTTERCUP...YES Lets not move on..and let this continue to drag on for Generation and Generations to come ...EFF DAT.... but lets also not be divided. Just stand up for what's right.

• A.J.

Who else performed?
      I believe Luke James opened for her. I would have been interested in hearing him live as he can sing!

• https://www.facebook.com/ChanAndACamera ChanAintShyt

Hi

gbellab says:
      Beyonce only had a moment of silence yes, but better than Oprah’s NOTHING.

This country been divided :tea:

• Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq

Work is getting in the way of my SR fonting :cuss:

• Miany

@EyesofScorpio :hug:

• Ty

jeniefrumdabloc says:

gbellab says:
      Beyonce only had a moment of silence yes, but better than Oprah’s NOTHING.

This country been divided
      and full of shyt :coffee:

:wave: Roses & Thorns

• Nakeya_j

------
      I could not get past this part. :dead: But yeah, fugg her.

• The Pearl!

Thank you, Buttercup! There's a lot of conversation regarding "what do I tell my son" (about how to conduct himself -- whether to flee or to fight). Also the fact that if Trayvon had dialed 9-1-1 he may still be alive, but as black people we have an inherent fear of law enforcement. His friend, Rachel, told him "run!" Calling 9-1-1 never occurred to him, apparently. We also need to teach our young men that walking around looking and acting "thugish" and/or "bad-ass" may make someone racially profile them. But then I ask, when are we really free (if we have to bend and bow to others' perception of us). We're talking hundreds of years of sh*t that needs to be undone and we're nowhere close, but being kinder to one another (blacks to blacks as well as people in general) is a good place to start.

• Drag_Anne_fly

"When Zimmy goes to jail or Tray comes back. Whichever comes first, I'm down" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: just choked on my sandwich!

• Ty

CNN) -- One of the jurors who acquitted George Zimmerman said she had "no doubt" he feared for his life in the final moments of his struggle with Trayvon Martin, and that was the definitive factor in the verdict.

The woman, who was identified just as Juror B37, spoke exclusively to CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" on Monday night. She is the first juror to speak publicly about the case.

She said she believes Zimmerman's "heart was in the right place" the night he shot Martin, but that he didn't use "good judgment" in confronting the Florida teen.

"I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhoods, and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he really should have done," she said.

"But I think his heart was in the right place. It just went terribly wrong."

"When he was in the car, and he had called 911, he shouldn't have gotten out of that car," she said.

She also said she believes Martin threw the first punch in the confrontation that followed.

"I think George got in a little bit too deep, which he shouldn't have been there. But Trayvon decided that he wasn't going to let him scare him ... and I think Trayvon got mad and attacked him," she said.

Zimmerman felt his life was in danger before shooting Martin, and it was his voice that was heard screaming for help in 911 calls, the juror said she believes.

"He had a right to defend himself," she said. "If he felt threatened that his life was going to be taken away from him, or he was going to have bodily harm, he had a right."

An initial vote was divided. Three of the jurors first voted Zimmerman was guilty, while three voted he was not guilty, she said. Juror B37 was among those who believed he was not guilty from the start.

"There was a couple of them in there that wanted to find him guilty of something and after hours and hours and hours of deliberating over the law, and reading it over and over and over again, we decided there's just no way, other place to go," she said.

Jurors were not identified by name during the trial, which sparked a broad debate about gun laws and race in America.

The juror said she did not believe Zimmerman profiled Martin, who was African-American, because of the color of his skin.

Now that he's free, can Zimmerman make a living?

She believes he thought Martin was suspicious because of the way he acted.

"Anybody would think anybody walking down the road, stopping and turning and looking -- if that's exactly what happened -- is suspicious," she said.

"I think all of us thought race did not play a role," the juror said . "We never had that discussion."

Juror: Jeantel wasn't a good witness

At one point during the interview, she grew emotional and her voice cracked. She said jurors cried after putting in their vote.

"It's a tragedy this happened. But it happened," the juror said.

"And I think both were responsible for the situation they had gotten themselves into. I think both of them could have walked away. It just didn't happen."

Martin's friend 'upset, angry' by verdict

Book plans canceled

The juror was planning to write a book about her experience with the case, literary agent Sharlene Martin said before her interview aired.

But hours later, the agent released a statement from Juror B37 saying she would no longer write one.

"Now that I am returned to my family and to society in general, I have realized that the best direction for me to go is away from writing any sort of book and return instead to my life as it was before I was called to sit on this jury," the juror said.

"I realize it was necessary for our jury to be sequestered in order to (protect) our verdict from unfair outside influence, but that isolation shielded me from the depth of pain that exists among the general public over every aspect of this case."

Verdict debate doesn't end debate in Martin's death

• EyesofScorpio

How did I get "logged out" while I was already logged in posting?

:huh:

• lovezoe

No one feared for their life more than Trayvon. This chick said she KNEW it was Chaz, when Chaz said himself he didn't think that was him.

• Nakeya_j

:newpost:

• GAGIRL87

Sandra how was Bey's show in Duluth?

• EyesofScorpio

“..... but that isolation shielded me from the depth of pain that exists among the general public over every aspect of this case.”

------------------------

Shyt dumb bytches say.....

• Ty

lovezoe says:

No one feared for their life more than Trayvon. This chick said she KNEW it was Chaz, when Chaz said himself he didn’t think that was him.
      Thats why I am so glad the DOJ is looking into this case. They let the officers that beat Rodney King walk (and there was video footage to prove they beat the hell outta him) but the DOJ convicted them :applause:

• anw_rootbeer

Dang if you do, dang if you don't!

• Lady_L

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

How was the concert Sandra?

Loud and boring.

------------------------------
      I'm surprised you went Sandra considering you hate her....

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Man, I just don’t care™ says:
      How was the concert Sandra?
      Loud and boring.
      ——————————
      Lady_L says:
      I’m surprised you went Sandra considering you hate her….

My intentions were to snatch her wig. But I couldn't get close to the stage. I had planned to put the wig on eBay and donate the proceeds to charity. :coffee:

• Lady_L

Buttercup says:

Hopefully Trayvon’s death will not be in vain. Personally, I don’t want people to move on and get over it. I want people to FINALLY open their eyes to see that “WE ALL WE GOT!” Maybe this will bring about a change in our thinking that we should help each other more. Instead of criticizing and downing each other, show and teach a person that there is a better way to go about doing things.