Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey Claims He’s ‘Broke’ and Homeless (Video)

Charles Ramsey

Charles Ramsey, the Cleveland man who helped rescue three kidnapped women says he is broke, homeless, and needs a job.

Ramsey became an overnight celebrity after he helped free Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight who were held captive for over 10 years by Cleveland school bus driver Ariel Castro.

Donations poured in for the unlikely hero who used part of his windfall to purchase a used BMW for $8,000. Ramsey reportedly turned down offers of free burgers for the rest of his life from more than a dozen northeast Ohio restaurants. He also reportedly spurned a job offer from McDonald’s.

“I’m broke, bro,” Ramsey told UK’s Mail Online in a recent interview. He said he was fired from his job as a dish washer in a kitchen because customers frequently barged in to shake his hand. He also claims to be homeless because no landlord wants the hassle of taking him in. But sources tell Mail Online that Ramsey raked in over $30,000 in cash and is expected to earn up to $50,000.

Ohio kidnap victims

From Mail Online:

In his first interview since the days after the women escaped Castro’s dungeon, Charles Ramsey told MailOnline: ‘I’m broke bro, and that’s the truth’ and said that he is homeless because no landlord wants the hassle of taking him in.

He claims he can’t hold down a job because of the attention he receives. He said when he worked in a kitchen so many customers would barge in to shake his hand that he was fired.

Sources tell MailOnline, however, that Ramsey’s income in the two months since the girls escaped is around $30,000, including fees from lucrative corporate speaking engagements and $15,000 donated by well-wishers. He has been booked in for another four speaking slots and can expect his earnings to reach $50,000.

He has bought an $8,000 BMW, bragged about being rich and started a business selling T-shirts with his face on them for $25 each.

But Ramsey’s former neighbors claim he exaggerated his role in the rescue of the girls.

• 3 Women Missing 10 Years Found Alive in Cleveland Home
  • 3 Kidnapped Ohio Victims Speak Out (Video)
  • Man Says He Was First to Rescue Amanda Berry
  • Cleveland Dispatcher Under Fire for Heartless Handling of Amanda Berry’s 911 Call

98 Responses to “Cleveland Hero Charles Ramsey Claims He’s ‘Broke’ and Homeless (Video)”

Ty says:

Everybody saw this coming Charles :smack:

Should’ve took that reward money and bought u a cheap azz foreclosure like I said :coffee:

What happened to the spokesperson for Mickey D’s gig, yall gone learn :rules:

Morning Roses & Thorns :wave:

KK76 says:

Why can’t he work in a kitchen far removed from patrons? Or another anonymous job. Anyhoo, saw this coming actually, just thought it’d take a little longer for him to resurface. Sidenote- he shole looks like Eddie Murphy’s daddy.

Betamax82 says:

:facepalm:

Betamax82 says:

Ty :hi:

Intrigue216 says:

If George Zimmerman, aka :pigsfly: , can collect money then so can he.

Betamax82 says:

Can we go in on him or will we be chastised again today :hide:

Cubarican says:

How is it his fault the patrons are coming back there to see him?? I mean aren’t they not supposed to be in the kitchen anyways? Seems like that’s a healthcode violation. :shrug:

:pc: starts up a donation website for charles. Well it worked for porky the pig aka zimmerman

He got $70 to be spending on True Religion tees though :tea:

EyesofScorpio says:

Betamax82 says: :newpost:

————————-

:thankyou:

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

Con…con…con… That is all… :coffee:

This nigra is a stone cold fool. Dont’ nobody know who you are dude. You ain’t got no job because you don’t want one.

lashellebelle says:

Sell the BMW then!

<—-gravi check ( Me, my baby bump, & @Naijagal)

@Bomb- Hey baby momma!! :wave:

:facepalm: Don’t do this to us

EyesofScorpio says:

Betamax82 says:

Can we go in on him or will we be chastised again today :hide:

—————————-

go head cause Eddie Murphy’s daddy needs :spank:

MsB2u says:

Charles needs to cut it out

cougar lover says:

thats what he get for trying to be all PC for tv. them sprites still looked at him like a shiftless, toothless, smack smoking kneegrow.

Betamax82 says:

I hate how “we” always gotta buy a car out of our league or just period and have nothing else :no:

Betamax82 says:

Lashelle cute pic the bump is growing and we miss Naija

Betamax82 says:

Can we go in on him or will we be chastised again today
      ————-

Wasnt he working before :huh:

lashellebelle says:

Sell the BMW then!
      <—-gravi check ( Me, my baby bump, & @Naijagal)
      @Bomb- Hey baby momma!!

————————————-

:happy: Lashelle hey purty lady… Look at your baby bump :love:

gravi check ( Me, my baby bump, & @Naijagal)
      ————-
      NAIJA!! Miss your sarcasticness! :hug:

San ah make ya dance says:

***************

He bought a used BMW and paid cash for it? It’s not like he went out and got 2014 Lexus :lol:

anw_rootbeer says:

My people just won’t do right!

miss_meka says:

Who didn’t see this coming! For starters he can sell that BMW he brought and get a year bus pass. Prior to the spotlight he depended on public transportation. Secondly move from the neighborhood and rent a room across town he rented a room prior to the spotlight. No one is checking for him some things you have control of and this is one IMO.. Accept the donations and get your life.

————–
      He could’ve gotten something cheaper and more affordable to fix if anything happens to it. Leaves more money to get you a home and other stuff. Balance your ish out

EyesofScorpio says:

Diva says:

EyesofScorpio says:
      The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran says:
      why I cant find the tyler perry thing NO WHERE ON THE INTERNET :mad:
      Must be FAKE.
      ———————————
      I couldnt find it anywhere either…not even at TZM :shrug:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :rofl: anutha fb scam!!!! :smack: I is sawwy for running wif that story :kona: but we already know it is true!

—————————
      @ Diva :yes: :hi:

Ty says:

Who buys a $8k BMW :shrug: Instead of putting a downpayment on a house and getting a decent vehicle to get back and forth to work :steer:

I bet the beamer looks like Karlie Red’s and Auntie’s friend from the other blog that wears all the yaki :crying:

*circles the blog in Bombs stroller* :steer:

lashellebelle says:

Betamax82 says:

Can we go in on him or will we be chastised again today
      _______

Go right ahead! I thought the jokes were funny yesterday. & thank you!!! :hug:

——-

@Bomb- I saw that you might have to go on bed rest. Yikes!

Aint nothing hot about a man with a nice car and no place to live or no food to eat :nono:

Betamax82 says:

San ah make ya dance says:
      ***************
      -_________________________

Yeah but he could have dropped 3 racks on a Honda and like Ty said purchased a foreclosed home

MsB2u says:

Don’t do this to us
      —————————
      :cosign:

Ty says:

Cute gravi Lashelle :yes:

Miss Naija :cry:

What they say about COMMON SENSE? :tea:

Diva says:

lashellebelle says:

Sell the BMW then!

<—-gravi check ( Me, my baby bump, & @Naijagal)

@Bomb- Hey baby momma!! :wave:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      La Shell my bell hey hunni!!!! :kiss: been a long time seeing yo font round here chile…..when our baby due?

BMW

^^^ BLACK MAN ON WHEELS.. OF COURSE HE WAS GOING TO USE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE ONE :coffee:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

@Bomb- I saw that you might have to go on bed rest. Yikes!

——————————————–

I find out officially tomorrow :bite: :pray:

:steer: < 1999 Honda Civic for Charles :lol:

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

San ah make ya dance says:

***************

————————
      Doesn’t matter. The upkeep of a BMW is crazy, especially a used one. No warranty, oil changes are expensive as hell alone. She is right, if you can’t afford the upkeep, don’t get it even for cheap.<—see what I did there I'mma freaking wordologist! :coffee:

San you better :preach: on it

Diva says:

San ah make ya dance says:

What they say about COMMON SENSE? :tea:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      When they was handing out the common sense this nucca was over in the kona popping bubblegum and playing with a yoyo :rofl:

lashellebelle says:

@ Ty- Thanks Suga!!! :hug:

@Naija’s doing well though. Really super busy at work. We’ve had to cancel lunch twice in the last few weeks because they are making her be shyt at work.

Betamax82 says:

San ah make ya dance says:
      ***************
      -_________________________

*********************

I guess, i dont have these prollems. :lol:

——————–
      :rofl: Just missed out on the HANDOUT!

Diva says:

A fool and his money will soon be parted!!! dat nucca know he couldn’t afford the upkeep on a BMW…..this gets me….our people must do better…come on son

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

:coffee: I tried not to say it but….

$8000 on a car..buuuttteeerrrrruuuuummmm nothing twards dem teef huh? okayyy.. :think:

Diva says:

San ah make ya dance says:

——————–
      :rofl: Just missed out on the HANDOUT!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      hell yeah!!!!! nucca said this here gum and yoyo more important…when will I ever need COMMON SENSE

lashellebelle says:

@ Diva- Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Missy. I have been keeping up w/ y’all via lurk mode. I will probably have more time to play when I go on Maternity Leave in a couple of weeks. 3 months! Woo Hoo!!!

@Bomb- I’ll be praying for you sweetie! :love:

MsB2u says:

San ah make ya dance says:

——————–—————————

And Mr Ramsey look like he old enuf, been around the block enuf to know BETTER

lashellebelle says:

$8000 on a car..buuuttteeerrrrruuuuummmm nothing twards dem teef huh? okayyy..

@ Wut, I was thinkin’ it. But you said it!! :rofl:

Apparition says:

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin ’bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That’s their one, that’s their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain’t ****.

robin says:

Who turns down a lifetime supply of free burgers and purchases a car for 8K if your homeless. Seems like his priorities were a bit backwards. I am not to sure about him purchasing a home as the upkeep will surely be too much for him to handle. Find a low income rental, a used toyota/nissan, steady work and keep it moving. Sorry but his 15 minutes of fame expired 14 minutes ago.

cougar lover says:

i would have been on tv shuckin’, jivin’ and getting them checks to get as far as heck from where he was living. everybody that wanted to throw me some cash for an appearance as long as it was nothing too shady, i would been down. shameful i know, but sometimes you gotta play up on ish to see some comma’s on ya bank account balance.

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

:offtopic: Sooooo RGIII was texting peen pics to his mistress on his wedding day :popcorn: <—– really Craisins

Caramel Rain says:

I drove a Lexus for years and the maintenance was minimal. I kept the oil changed and had no other issues other than the usual tires and brakes. Typically, luxury cars are less likely to brake down, from my experience. But to each their own… :yawn:

God luck, Charles. You’ll figure it out

lashellebelle says:

That still shot of Mr. Ramsey up top looks like he’s sangin’ the HELL out of an old negro spiritual. A high note at that!

Ty says:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

@Bomb- I saw that you might have to go on bed rest. Yikes!

——————————————–

I find out officially tomorrow
      Dont stress out if they do just find u some books and go into relax mode at the house :rules: Was on bedrest with my son and still couldnt sit down it was just too much that needed to be done :smack: They ended up putting me on bedrest at the hospital :nono:

Betamax82 says:

cougar lover says:

___________________________________________

:huh: so you saying you down to be a Coon

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

cougar lover says:

———————-
      True. But you also have to have a solid plan for that dough that’s rollin in too. This dude is either incredibly smart and playing broke to gain more sympathy and get more, or incredibly dumb for blowin all that dough that quick.. :shrug:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Sooooo RGIII was texting peen pics to his mistress on his wedding day
      _________________________

didn’t even know dude got married. And here I thought he played for both teams.. my DC judy said he like his ass tickled :coffee:

:phew: I don’t live in LaLa Land

y says:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:
      @Bomb- I saw that you might have to go on bed rest. Yikes!
      ——————————————–
      I find out officially tomorrow

————————————

I’ve been trying to take it easy and definitely not stress… Hopefully I get good news tomorrow because I would lose my mind sitting up in someone’s hospital :nono:

San ah make ya dance says:

And Mr Ramsey look like he old enuf, been around the block enuf to know BETTER

Nothing like an old fool :tea:

Diva says:

½ cup grated parmesan cheese
      pinch of cayenne pepper
      1 Tablespoon of dried onion flakes
      ¼ cup milk
      pinch of pepper and salt

Instructions
      Use can you a crock pot liner if you would like – but I did not and I had no problem cleaning my crock pot
      Place all the ingredients into the crock pot and place lid on the crock pot and set to high
      After one hour mix the ingredients together
      Cook for 1 more hour – you can top with a little more Parmesan
      Enjoy!

Caramel Rain says:

my bad yall. ignore, i meant to email to my coworker and posted here.. sorry

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

Oil Change for a Lexus $29.95
      Oil Change for a BMW $120.00… :coffee:

Toyota makes Lexus which equall affordable luxury

BMW make BMW Bayerische Motoren Werke which means you pay out tha azz for a windshield wiper for it…

cougar lover says:

@Betamax

I mean on his level, at his age, and the situation. i mean it is what it is to be honest. no need to have all this pride, he did an honorable thing so he should reap the benefits.

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

pinch of pepper and salt

Instructions
      After one hour mix the ingredients together
      Cook for 1 more hour – you can top with a little more Parmesan
      Enjoy!
      ———————–
      Oh shyyyt I have been looking for a spinach artichoke dip recipe! it is on taDAY!

WUT SED “GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!” says:

Oil Change for a Lexus $29.95
      Oil Change for a BMW $120.00…

Toyota makes Lexus which equall affordable luxury

a lexus will be my next car.. my co-worker has a cute lil Lexus.

Bootcampgirl says:

:tea:

@WUT
      “Oil Change for a Lexus $29.95
      Oil Change for a BMW $120.00…

Toyota makes Lexus which equall affordable luxury

That’s cause a Lexus IS a Toyota. :rofl:

A BMW is engineered to be a BMW and nothing else.

A Lexus is engineered to be a Toyota but to make more money, they change the badge and put leather seats and charge double. :rofl:

Oil change is 100.00 @ Lexus dealership :tea:

_______

That’s what I say too.

THANKS CARAMEL FOR THE RECIPE… EVEN though u didnt mean to post it here.. I WILL BE MAKING THIS THIS WEEKEND.. I’s so excited :yahoo:

Caramel Rain says:

I traded my lexus in for a camry though.. that premium gas was kicking my ass :lol:

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@WUT
      “Oil Change for a Lexus $29.95
      Oil Change for a BMW $120.00…

Toyota makes Lexus which equall affordable luxury

That’s cause a Lexus IS a Toyota. :rofl:

A BMW is engineered to be a BMW and nothing else.

———————
      I know! :rofl:

MsB2u says:

@WUT
      “Oil Change for a Lexus $29.95
      Oil Change for a BMW $120.00…
      ————————
      I ONLY PAY 39.00 FOR A OIL CHANGE

cougar lover says:

@ MAN

you be knowing, Ida been making my weekly trips to that burger jant, with my maverick cig smoking, run in the stocking having boo. be like, “you can have whatever condiments you liiike, yeah!”

Oil change is 100.00 @ Lexus dealership :tea:

————————————

Sure is… I love my car but can’t wait to get my SUV aka the mama mobile as my hubby calls it :rofl: :steer:

WUT SED “GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!” says:

Oil Change for a Lexus $29.95
      Oil Change for a BMW $120.00…

Toyota makes Lexus which equall affordable luxury

a lexus will be my next car.. my co-worker has a cute lil Lexus.

***************************

U’ll enjoy, smooth ride. I had the IS 350. It was cute and sporty. But if/when I get married I want the RX 450 truck, the one that looks like a egg. I think they’re cute.

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

Oil change is 100.00 @ Lexus dealership :tea:
      ———————-
      Yeah when you don’t want to void your warranty. but past warranty.. Jiffy Lube will work.

You cannot just roll a BMW up to any lube and tune and get a oil change and expect to get more than a block down the road afterward. Try it if you want to… My dumb brother tried to put mid-grade gas in his 2002 BMW… :rofl: yep no need to say what happened..

Oil change is 100.00 @ Lexus dealership

————————————

***********************

My cuzin got a mini van shortly after her twins were born :tea:

lol @ mama mobile.. Whatchu get getting? :popcorn:

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

MsB2u says:

@WUT
      “Oil Change for a Lexus $29.95
      Oil Change for a BMW $120.00…
      ————————
      I ONLY PAY 39.00 FOR A OIL CHANGE
      ———————————-
      You must have an older model without a warranty, cuz the warranty specifically states not to do so because it could potentially damage the engine. If you are still under warranty if your engine breaks down prematurely… they won’t honor it.

Carrington says:

If they ever decide to do Coming BACK To America, he can save Eddie some time & play the barber, “Boy, this ayn nunn bud-a Ultra perm!”

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

Oil change is 100.00 @ Lexus dealership :tea:

————————————

————————-
      :hug: Thank goodness you are getting a SUV aka mommamobile and not a grannyvanny

MsB2u says:

B2u says:

@WUT
      “Oil Change for a Lexus $29.95
      Oil Change for a BMW $120.00…
      ————————
      I ONLY PAY 39.00 FOR A OIL CHANGE
      ———————————-
      ————————————————-
      NO MA’AM I HAVE THE NEW CAMERO I WAS JUST STATING HOW MUCH I PAY FOR A OIL CHANGE

WUT SED “GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!” says:

Oil change is 100.00 @ Lexus dealership
      ———————-

You cannot just roll a BMW up to any lube and tune and get a oil change and expect to get more than a block down the road afterward. Try it if you want to… My dumb brother tried to put mid-grade gas in his 2002 BMW… yep no need to say what happened..
      ***********************

ugghh, yea mid grade will have you on the side of the road, put-putting along…

and warranty will NOT COVER NATHAN without proof that you’ve done “regular scheduled maintenance” straight to the dealership..

I do that now with my camry b/c those jiffy lube places dont always change the oil filter and once they put the wrong kinda oil… dont trust them at all… nerp.

Carrington says:

And McDonalds said he eats for life… He should’ve mentioned Supercuts & Comfort Inn

:newpost:

Caramel Rain says:

Thank goodness you are getting a SUV aka mommamobile and not a grannyvanny
      ***************

grannyvanny’s have come along way… :rofl: The Odyssey is nice, almost suv-like?