‘Color Purple’ Star Slams Oprah

Rae Dawn Chong will not be invited as a guest on Oprah’s ‘Behind the Scenes’ any time soon. The ‘Color Purple‘ star badmouthed Oprah in a scandalous radio interview with Matty P’s Radio Happy Hour.

Stopping short of calling Oprah a narcissist, Chong said, “The thing that’s really great about Oprah, that you can’t take away from her, is that she is a great brown noser. If you were in a room with her, she will pick the most powerful person and she will become best friends with them.”

Chong, who is half black, said Oprah would’ve been a field nigger because of her dark skin and homely looks. The 52-year-old Canadian-American played Harpo’s girlfriend alongside Oprah in ‘The Color Purple‘ (1985).

From Rhymeswithsnitch.com:

“The thing that’s really great about Oprah, that you can’t take away from her is that she is a great brown noser. If you were in a room with her, she will pick the most powerful person and she will become best friends with them.”

“When we worked with her the one thing about Oprah she was that fat chick that was the cheerleader or the wannabe cheerleader in school, that was the student council president, that was the best friends with the Principal, that was the volunteer nurse, she was that fat chick in school that did everything and everybody loved her. That’s Oprah…love me, love me love.”

“But the thing is you have to respect her, no matter how vile she is ultimately because she’s all about Oprah and she’s boring, but aside from that, you kinda gotta go Hello! Hats off! Like, you’ve done an amazing thing. You have actually shifted the DNA of the universe in terms of thinking of power structure. She took a woman… if you look at the way she looks…she looks like 60 years ago she would have been a housekeeper, luckily… She would not have been a house nigger she would have been a field nigger…So we have to give her props. No matter my personal vibe with her I gotta stop and say this woman is a miracle and I respect her and I say kudos to you.“

• Monique Upset With Oprah
  • fanMAIL: Is the KONY movement a ploy to steal Uganda’s oil?
  • Oprah ‘disappointed’ in inappropriate behavior at school
  • Oprah puts on a freak show

104 Responses to “‘Color Purple’ Star Slams Oprah”

Betamax82 says:

Betamax82 says:

Bish just mad cause her acting career is still stuck in the 1980′s

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Nene voice : Dis BISH done lost it :facepalm:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Downstairs

Amen!!!! Everybody ain’t meant to be natural. The only reason I started was BC I used to get kiddie Just for me perms every 3 months I figured I could try other stuff :ashamed: I got tired of checking out and cashier be like how old is your daughter. I was like I am 25. :huh:

by Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken on Jul 19, 2013 at 11:42 am

Gigi26 says:

:shock:

Whoa. Now I ain’t take a keen liking to Oprah but I respect her hustle n shyt. BUT THIS. I won’t tolerate.

This half dim sum hoe just gave Oprah the most fukked up backhanded compliment ever. If she don’t go take a samurai sword and off herself already.

Bytches like this make me sick. So quick to point out someone’s flaws like they are the shyt. Bytch when was the last time you played a role? Fukk outta here you cat/dog eating bytch.

Yeah I went there, 2 dollas in a bucket , fukk it!

Starr says:

A LSLH who thought her looks would help her make it.

I got my issues with O, but ole just sounds bitter.

flsun99 says:

Betamax82 says:

Bish just mad cause her acting career is still stuck in the 1980?s
      —————-

:cosign: She is such a has been….

Nakeya_j says:

:tea: But really Miss? How long are you gonna be stuck on Oprah. smdh

“She would not have been a house **** she would have been a field ****…”-Rae Dawn Chong

:huh:
      She act like house “****” is still something aspire to in 2013!
      :facepalm:

She woulda been the type tryin to phuck her way into the house. Phucking Massa, Massa’s son and brothers and prolly lickin some stuff too.

GellySammich says:

*pop voice* Mary what? Mary… who gives a gotdayum… WE DON’T EVEN KNOW YOU!!! Oprah somewhere like :thinking: who did she play again? *dismissive hand wave*

Nakeya_j says:

Fukk outta here you cat/dog eating bytch.
      ——
      And yall tell me I aint shyt. Oh ok. (in my gheeto girl voice) Get em Gigi!!

Trendsetter says:

:blink:

Poster No. 5 :twisted:

GG,(mama voice) settle down,settle down :hahaha:
      *whispers* I didn’t read what she did, was it that bad yo? :lol:

GellySammich says:

If she don’t go take a samurai sword and off herself already.
      :hahaha: that’s not nice :rofl:

I see the word ‘vile’ up there :rofl: What the hail? :rofl:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

I been sick of DTTS with dem numbers :rolleyes:

:ban: <—Mama O ending what hopes of a career she had left

trick just needed some attn & chit :tea:

———-
      Sound kinda smart to me :lol:

Gigi26 says:

@MAN right!!! She sure would’ve!

Bytch got a Bobby Brown mouth and got the nerve to be shading Ms. Winfrey like she one up on her cuz her ass is a mutt. Bytch sit down some where with that mess.

Birds of a feather…

Rae Dawn Chong>> :haha: <<Oprah and Gayle

Sounds like a Leader to me :tea:

Yall know SR probably missed a whole chunk of the article :lol:
      What was the question? :eek:

that_VA_thickchick says:

I look like Charles Ramsey

Take me Asian Jesus
      “AYE! Stop f*ckin with Korean Jesus. He aint here for your problems. HE BUSY! Wit Korean shyt.” :rofl:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

I been sick of DTTS with dem numbers :rolleyes:

Bring IT ON CLeatus :stab:

:kiss: Fay
      :spank: GG

oh who said errybody aint meant to be natural?

who not meant to rock their hair how it grows out their head? :popcorn:

This half dim sum hoe
      —————
      TAKE ME TO THE ALTER! LAWD!! :nun:

GiGi called her a mutt!!!

:dead:

Nakeya_j says:

—-
      It’s way too hot today to all that slaying Gigi.

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Yeah I went there, 2 dollas in a bucket , fukk it!
      by Gigi26 on Jul 19, 2013 at 11:45 am
      ——————
      So she don’t even eat Purina like puppy love or Fancy Feast? You said Ping Pong eat Whiskers the cat OFF the can :ghost: BISH don’t kill my vibe

oh who said errybody aint meant to be natural?

who not meant to rock their hair how it grows out their head?
      ——————-
      :lol: Don’t do it!

Nakeya_j says:

@Va no, when she said “Bobby Brown mouth” I died!

FaylaHasReinstatedBrendenOnTheWhipfinity :whip: BOD(Pending90DayProbationPeriod) says:

oh who said errybody aint meant to be natural?

who not meant to rock their hair how it grows out their head? :popcorn:

They was talmbout That kinda stuff Downstairs :ha:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Someone is looking for relevancy in the name of Mama O.. bish bye :rolleyes:

DTTS :hugs:

FAY FAY :kiss:

Let her lone yall, her daddy was the man :woot:
      #itried :rofl:

Somebody really said that about their own hair? :huh:
      #questionaskedforclarificationpurposesBUTimnottalkinghair :tea:

:think:
      Why was she even doing the interview again?

Like, you’ve done an amazing thing. You have actually shifted the DNA of the universe in terms of thinking of power structure. She took a woman… if you look at the way she looks…she looks like 60 years ago she would have been a housekeeper, luckily… She would not have been a house **** she would have been a field ****…So we have to give her props. No matter my personal vibe with her I gotta stop and say this woman is a miracle and I respect her and I say kudos to you.“

:blink: Is she on drugs? :thinking:

Gigi26 says:

————————————
      Like what the fukk is dis supposed to mean?!

Nah, I ain’t with this shyt today. We got the sprite man killing our kids, calling em azzholes n what not and this bytch got the damn nerve to say this filthy shyt out her mouth.

Nah I ain’t with it anymore. Usually I’ll be passive, but not today. Fukk her.

MsOnederful says:

They say she’s bi polar…but still does not excuse her comments…but she was on Oprah in 2011 for the Color Purple Reunion…thats crazy she would say this stuff…

GellySammich says:

who not meant to rock their hair how it grows out their head?
      :hahaha: I knew Fay was gonna say that

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

who not meant to rock their hair how it grows out their head?
      by FaylaHasReinstatedBrendenOnTheWhipfinity :whip: BOD(Pending90DayProbationPeriod) on Jul 19, 2013
      ———-
      *walks in real slow being pushed in by DTTS* I said it! Now fight meh :box: :lol:
      What I mean is natural, perm whatever you have to groom it. People walk around with lost items in their hair cause they ain’t washed it 77 years talking about did Jesus come his hair :huh:

BOMB! :love: how u & them 2 lil munchins snug as a bug in a rug? :pacifier: :pacifier:

San

:lol: i just always find that fascinating that ppl think that way & be wantin to know how they arrived at that conclusion

MsB2u says:

ready for this damn day to be over all phuckin ready! :chase:
      ——————————–
      me tooooooooo

Fay, the boss that just quit JUST found out he gots 2 hours to get his ish and get to stepping :gossip:

:eek: <–me acting surprised! Funny, but not funny.

GellySammich says:

Usually I’ll be passive, but not today.
      :dead: on what days Gigi??

:hahaha: I knew Fay was gonna say that

:lol: Gelly i gots to give the peepa what they wants! :hug:

being the resident Naturalist that i ill i gotta represent & chit :nun:

:yawn:

<<<Ready to go see "The Conjuring" this weekend and "The Wolverine" next weeeknd…

lovezoe says:

Be nice FayFay :heart: Don’t do it please don’t do it.

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

<–me acting surprised! Funny, but not funny.

by <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers on Jul 19, 2013 at 12:00 pm
      ______
      :popcorn: can u live stream it?

GellySammich says:

:lol: Gelly i gots to give the peepa what they wants! :hug:

being the resident Naturalist that i ill i gotta represent & chit :nun:
      I understand *flips uncombed curls*

wth? how u quit but finna get escorted out?? they musta quit knowin they was finna get fired??

Gigi26 says:

@Gelly: NOT THIS WEEK :rofl:

GellySammich says:

Taken you talkin about locs? the big ones that aren’t as “groomed”?

Be nice FayFay :heart: Don’t do it please don’t do it.

:shocked: me?? be anything other than nice?? shame on it! :ashamed: i is a peaceful woman! :D

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Be nice FayFay Don’t do it please don’t do it.
      by lovezoe on Jul 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm
      It’s ok. :lol: I wasn’t knocking anyone. I am natural but I am saying just because I am doesn’t mean everyone else has to be.
      Reminds me of when I couldn’t breast feed and all of the nurse nazis tried to force me to. I understand its better but if I can’t and my baby can still live :shank: back up off my titties.

@Man™

lemme know how the conjuring goes. i heard ppls was gettin possessed whilst viewing :twisted:

Oh MsTake :lol:
      ===========
      Fay, he gave notice on Monday.

Smonae says:

Just waiting on Wolverine :yes: cant mess with that demonic chit

*prays over the post* Man bringing them spirits up in her :huh:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Taken you talkin about locs? the big ones that aren’t as “groomed”?
      by GellySammich on
      _______\_____
      No. Some of my beat friends have locs *the face Paula Deen makes*. :lol: I am joking

It was just one lady I met who was thought you should do NOTHING to your hair but let it grow. She said the rain washed her hair. For conditioner she used tree sap or something :shrugs:

ion neva force natural on nobody. hell i’m really just worried about maintaining mine. but i hate when ppl say “natural aint for errybody” really meaning it aint for folks that don’t have wavy hair :rollseyes:

of course i’m not saying that u meant that, but u know how some of us do! :tea:

:shank: back up off my titties.

:dead:
      BUT the people wanna know….never mind :kona:

Smonae says:

Say what nah :think: I know she all kinds of triflin :no:

:eek: :hailnaw: :ban:

Fay, that baby looks like he’s talking like a grown man saying “that bish is nasssssttttyyyyyyyyy word” :rofl:

Say what nah :think: I know she all kinds of triflin

yup! she prolly don’t eem use soap ole funked out heffa! P.U.! *pinches nose*

Rae Dong Chong is the 1987 version of Lisa Raye. Bish boo bye.

I loved you in “Fame” tho. Wait that was Irene Cara. Nevermind.

MsTake trying to pull a Kenya *snickers*

Cubarican says:

Bish just mad cause her acting career is still stuck in the 1980?s

_________________________________________

MMmaybe she can sweep out the caboose?

San

—————-
      :lol: if you never put a finger in your hair though and don’t have money for a hairdresser…

Smonae says:

DTTS :yahoo:

“Soul Man” Where the white boy painted his face and bawdee black and went to Yale. That was Rae Dong Chong right? And yes I KNOW its “Dawn” I like Dong better for her tho.

———-
      :blink: WTF is this

GellySammich says:

*stank face* that’s a whole different kind of beast… she don’t use deodorant neitha huh :no:

Kdub, remember her in that move with AHHnold :steer:

GellySammich says:

serious question… how often you gotta touch it to be acceptable?

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

of course i’m not saying that u meant that, but u know how some of us do!
      ————–
      Those are also the people that say “good hair” Chile Cheese. Nope I fonted some thing quickly and it wasn’t my complete thought. But based upon what you just said i can see how that came across. i will never say that again. cross my e heart :hugs:

I’m just happy that Rae Dawn stood up to the almighty Oprah. Not everyone is afraid of being blacklisted. :coffee:

Smonae says:

Rae Dong Chong is the 1987 version of Lisa Raye. Bish boo bye.

:dead:

lovezoe says:

Taken- :hugs:

Kdub, remember her in that move with AHHnold
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wont Alyssa Milano in that one too. Cant call the name of it…Commando maybe?

Not everyone is afraid of being blacklisted.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Squeak’s azz was blacklisted since “Beat Street”. A Chinese Canadian black… on “Beat Street”?

#fail

Raven says:

Rae wish she still looked like that pic.

trenee says:

how do we go from bashing to “oh i give her kudos”?! her words had me all over the place! smh

n1kk1a says:

Squeak needs to sit down somewhere! I guess that part where she called Oprah a Jeffers was real. Like I said. Fine with me!

cocoa49 says:

Bravo!! :applause: Let the truth be told. Never was a fan of Oprah.

n1kk1a says:

*heffer lame auto correct

n1kk1a says:

On the other hand, Oprah is not God, I’m glad somebody spoke up! Nobody is ” perfect” not even Sophia.

Yardgirl says:

:facepalm: Why this bish gotta put color in it?? OK you don’t like Oprah, fine. But that slave shyte is not going to get you many “likes”. FU trick!! :shotsfired1:

Lodak says:

Maybe Oprah punched her for real in the movie.

I said it then, and I’ll say it now. The Color Purple tanked Rae Dawn Chong’s career. After Commando (with Ahnald) she was on her way up before she got all artsy and did this movie. De.railed. By the 90s, she was doing guest spots and b-movies. She’s still working, but, damn. I’d be bitter too.

Crickett says:

I get it, Oprah is a mammy, fat and black and lovvves white folk.

Afiya says:

“HARPO, WHO DIS BYOTCH and why she still talkin’ smack 30 years later, didn’t I slap the taste out her mouf time before, she wants me to do it again?”

#Oprah #ColorPurple

Genia says:

____________________________________________________________
      She stood up to her? Is that what we are going to call it? Saying she could have been a housekeeper, just 6 years ago and a house n**ger? is standing up to Oprah. Saying her success is a miracle because her size and shade of her skin…would have placed her where exactly?…..But this is standing up. This is nothing but an bitter bish rant run amuck. Who obviously failed to take her menopause meds. The fall out from this will be her most memorable roll since she last played the woman Oprah smacked.

Genia says:

Rae Dawn spoke up…Exposing her insanity or her drinking problem. GTFOH #hatershangtogether.