In Case You Missed It: Catfish, Episode 4

Last night’s episode of MTV’s “Catfish” had all the elements of suspense and surprise of prior episodes. But last night’s show had what previous episodes lacked: a happy ending.

Lauren, 22, met Derek, 24, on Myspace when she was 14. According to Lauren, they dated online for 8 years and fell in love, although they’ve never met or video chatted with each other. Lauren lives in Texas, and Derek lives in Maryland. In between their long distance text messages and phone calls, Lauren managed to get pregnant by another man and had a son, Mason, 2.

Nev and Max do their routine online investigative work to determine if Derek is real or fake. They learn that Derek’s phone number is registered to a “R. LeVourne”, a middle aged black man with kids (more on that in a minute).

Nev and Max accompany Lauren and Mason, and Lauren’s guy friend Ryan, to Maryland to meet Derek for the first time (or so MTV wants us to believe).

It turns out that Derek is who he says he is — and not a middle aged black man pretending to be him. There are lots of tears and hugs, and all is right with Lauren’s world — except for a few glaring red flags.

But why let a few red flags interfere with the pursuit of TV ratings, right?

Red flag #1: why didn’t Derek video chat with Lauren in 8 years? Derek claims he was “scared” to meet his dream girl.

Red flag #2: Who paid Derek’s phone bill if Derek’s phone was registered to R. LeVourne? Derek simply shrugged off Nev’s question when he asked him why his phone was registered in another man’s name. But the answer is simple: Nev and MTV needed R. LeVourne (whom we never meet) to build suspense for the “happy ending.”

Red flag #3: What woman would introduce her toddler to a man she met just hours before?

It’s obvious that Nev, who is the show’s producer, knew all along that Derek was real (MTV would not fly all those people to Maryland, only to have Derek refuse to sign the release waiver when they get there).

Last night’s episode satisfied the public’s hunger for a happy ending, if only to reinforce the fantasy that if a woman is patient long enough, prince charming will eventually arrive to sweep her off her feet.

Hopefully MTV will air a follow up show in about a year when the Dopamine wears off and Lauren and Derek start getting on each other’s nerves.

PLEASE NOTE:

You do not have to download anything to watch this video. Sandrarose.com is not responsible for any pop ups generated by you clicking the video link. This video is not hosted on Sandrarose.com’s servers.

Video courtesy of Yardie

74 Responses to “In Case You Missed It: Catfish, Episode 4”

Trendsetter says:

:tea:

Trendsetter says:

I thought the episode was cute

Trendsetter says:

_____________________________

Women do it all the time…

@ Trendsetter: So we’re just going to ignore the other 2 red flags?

KyCakes says:

I was on the floor last night. My TL was going off talmbout: “LeVourne ’bout to walk out the house looking like this”
    and posted a pic of Samuel L. Jackson from “Black Snake Moan” :rofl:

FuturedocDonte says:

years and fell in love, although they’ve never met or video chatted with each other……….Lauren managed to get pregnant by another man and had a son, Mason, 2.
    —-
    :stop: wayment so…. Nvm

Trendsetter says:

@ Auntie, No not at all…I would’ve stopped talking to Derek 8 years ago if he couldn’t video chat, but hey she was young and dumb…now Red Flag # 2, I’m not to sure about….

KyCakes says:

For all the scripted crap that’s out these days, I’ll take Catfish over the ratchetness of “Love & Flip Flop” & “Basketball Hoes”

FuturedocDonte says:

and posted a pic of Samuel L. Jackson from “Black Snake Moan”
    —-

Trendsetter says:

But why all of a sudden they had an after show, after this episode

and posted a pic of Samuel L. Jackson from “Black Snake Moan
    ———–

I was coloring my hair last night I should have watched it. I completely forgot about it :lol:

Samuel L. Jackson plays the ugliest old people ever. That Django sh*t was classic, but not as classic as Black Snake Moan. :rofl:

Trendsetter says:

That Levourne guy reminded me of Gregg Leakes

—-
    :stop: wayment so…. Nvm
    ————
    Gwon head and say what you want to say :lol:

@ FuturedocDonte says:

:stop: wayment so…. Nvm

We always ignore red flags because they interfere with our fantasies. I remember when I dated a woman in the 80s, and she ended up getting pregnant by a gay man during our relationship. I fell for her lies because I thought I was in love. We need to teach our children that Love is NOT a feeling. Love is what we DO, not what we feel. :coffee:

y’all,

I was just on FB a min ago and saw this pic. The caption said “I was asked to give an explanation of what both a circumsized and uncircumsized penis looks like with out actually showing one.”

Then below the caption was a picture of ET and a second picture with ET wrapped in a blanket :rofl: + :hurl: at the same damn time!!!

—————–

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune Aunty! But damn!

:hug:

I’m sorry!

—-
    I snickered at this a lil bit but I do :cosign:

WUT IZ THA PROBLEM!? says:

Gooooo Mooor…. :blink: (read KY comment)

KyCakes says:

and posted a pic of Samuel L. Jackson from “Black Snake Moan”
    _______________________________________________________
    :rofl: :nono:

Toooooo early for this….tooooooearly…

Flawless says:

I was wondering why she brought her child.

FuturedocDonte says:

But wait a minute auntie… If she was a women and she had sex with a man that don’t make them straight? Or bisexual? :waiting:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

y’all,

———————————————————————
    I’ve always likened an uncut to one of those water snakes…the ones that look like long water balloons that you can play with… :rofl:

I don’t like uncuts :hurl:

EyesofScorpio says:

……. Love is NOT a feeling. Love is what we DO, not what we feel.

———————

^^^^^^TRUTH. Morning to all :hi:

WUT IZ THA PROBLEM!? says:

Blaaack Snake Moan…. :rofl: <—officially hurt at just imagining this….(wipes tears of laughter)

Let me try this again (clears throat)

GOOOD MOORNING EVERYBODY! :waves: and :hug:

Nakeya_j says:

—-
    wayment so…. Nvm
    ——-
    SO let me get this straight. She was so in loe withthe guy from Maryland, that she met someone else, had unprotected sex, had someone blow her back out and got pregnant. The fugg?! So were they talking the whole time she was pregnant?!

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

“LeVourne ’bout to walk out the house looking like this”
    and posted a pic of Samuel L. Jackson from “Black Snake Moan”

——————————————-

:rofl: It’s too early for ya’ll not to be shyt :rofl:

Morning Roses!!! :waves:

—-
    wayment so…. Nvm
    ——-
    —–
    :bow: :cheers:

I saw this mess for the first time yesterday :tea:

EyesofScorpio says:

anyone watch BGC part 1 reunion last night?

FuturedocDonte says:

anyone watch BGC part 1 reunion last night?
    —-
    What is the point of this show?

FuturedocDonte says:

anyone watch BGC part 1 reunion last night?
    —-
    What is the point of this show?

Exactly :shrugs:

:offtopic:

Did anybody watch anymore than 20 seconds of “The babymamas of Richmond” :coffee: These girls would put the lowes power ratchet section out of business

Candi Apple says:

Sandra makes perfect sense. Never fall for the banana in the tail pipe.

FuturedocDonte says:

anyone watch BGC part 1 reunion last night?
    —-
    What is the point of this show?

————
    dumbasses I mean colorful spirited girls get together to live in a big cushy house and they fight fugg and get drunk. :tea:

FAKE! GEORGE ZIMMERMAN DID NOT FILE A CIVIL SUIT AGAINST THE MARTIN FAMILY

As if the events of the past few days haven’t been tragic enough, on Tuesday, a fake headline from The National Report website claiming “George Zimmerman Files Civil Suit Against Trayvon Martin’s Parents” has sent social media into an uproar over the article that was posted 15 hours ago.

Zimmerman is not suing Trayvon Martin’s parents, despite the website’s claim that, “George Zimmerman filed a civil suit today just before 5PM EST at the Seminole County, Florida, Courthouse. The suit alleges the parents of Trayvon Martin, failed to control their minor-age son on the evening of February 26, 2012, when Martin repeatedly assaulted Zimmerman, placing him in imminent fear for his life and resulting in the death of Martin.”

:offtopic:

Did anybody watch anymore than 20 seconds of “The babymamas of Richmond”
    ———————————————————————-
    Wait. What?

This isn’t the one with Shorty Lo or whatever that derelict calls himself, is it?

EyesofScorpio says:

I meant to say BGC-‘The Challenge’ Reunion.
    I guess the point of the show is the point of any other reality show-ratchetness.

Candi Apple says:

Sandra makes perfect sense. Never fall for the banana in the tail pipe.
    ——————————————————————–
    “Hey Man; I ain’t gonna fall for no banana in my tailpipe”
    :biggrin: <———— Eddie

FuturedocDonte says:

Did anybody watch anymore than 20 seconds of “The babymamas of Richmond”
    ———————————————————————-
    Wait. What?

————–
    They petitioned that one… How did another slip through the cracks?? The fugg?

FuturedocDonte says:

Did anybody watch anymore than 20 seconds of “The babymamas of Richmond” These girls would put the lowes power ratchet section out of business

NEVER HEARD OF IT..WHAT CHANNEL THAT COME ON?

EyesofScorpio says:

I asked if anyone saw it because I wanted to know -who do you think was right Jen and her sister or Flo?

42 KyCakes says:

Candi Apple says:

Sandra makes perfect sense. Never fall for the banana in the tail pipe.
    ——————————————————————–
    “Hey Man; I ain’t gonna fall for no banana in my tailpipe”
    :D <———— Eddie
    ————-
    I'm sure you've had a in your the tail pipe before.. :kona: #too early

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

42 KyCakes says:

Candi Apple says:

Sandra makes perfect sense. Never fall for the banana in the tail pipe.
    ——————————————————————–
    “Hey Man; I ain’t gonna fall for no banana in my tailpipe”
    :D <———— Eddie
    ————-
    I'm sure you've had a in your the tail pipe before.. :kona: #too early
    ———————————————————————–
    It wasn't a banana; It was a Vlasic pickle. The mini ones :tea:

Nakeya_j says:

Lawd I miss Mr Razz
    —–
    Awwwww. :( I hope you guys can be together soon.

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

42 KyCakes says:

Candi Apple says:

Sandra makes perfect sense. Never fall for the banana in the tail pipe.
    ——————————————————————–
    “Hey Man; I ain’t gonna fall for no banana in my tailpipe”
    :D <———— Eddie
    ————-
    I'm sure you've had a in your the tail pipe before.. :kona: #too early
    ———————————————————————–
    It wasn't a banana; It was a Vlasic pickle. The mini ones :tea:
    —————
    Sweet, Dill, or Butter? :think:

Nakeya_j says:

RAZZLE is the , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. says:

42 KyCakes says:

Candi Apple says:

Sandra makes perfect sense. Never fall for the banana in the tail pipe.
    ——————————————————————–
    “Hey Man; I ain’t gonna fall for no banana in my tailpipe”
    <———— Eddie
    ————-
    I'm sure you've had a in your the tail pipe before.. #too early
    ———————————————————————–
    It wasn't a banana; It was a Vlasic pickle. The mini ones
    —————
    Sweet, Dill, or Butter?
    ——-
    Yo it's too early!!! hhahahaha

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

42 KyCakes says:

Candi Apple says:

Sandra makes perfect sense. Never fall for the banana in the tail pipe.
    ——————————————————————–
    “Hey Man; I ain’t gonna fall for no banana in my tailpipe”
    :D <———— Eddie
    ————-
    I'm sure you've had a in your the tail pipe before.. :kona: #too early
    ———————————————————————–
    It wasn't a banana; It was a Vlasic pickle. The mini ones :tea:
    —————
    Sweet, Dill, or Butter? :think:
    ———————————————————————-
    Dill. Because that same Vlasic was dippin in the babysitters sour pickle juice who lived one floor up…

Candi Apple says:

KyCakes :rofl: dill too CIA deli just won’t do. :rofl:

:rofl: Sawwy @Nakeya :ashamed: <—— sorta but not really

:lol: @Candi

:lol: @Candi

==========
    Razzle, go have some “me time” in the ladies room and do some kegels till it hurts :kona:

:hug:

Even though I already said a hi roses downstairs….
    :waves:
    Jenny
    Dem Babies :rofl:
    Ky
    Pinkachew

:pigsfly: (Time to make the donuts) bbl

Nakeya_j says:

@KyCakes I did answer your question downstairs but no. I’m not going to be shyt today. But I can try….kind of.

Flawless says:

:offtopic:
    ————-
    never heard of this show, but I did Google this show, they have a fb page. I have to see what kind of foolishness this is about :rofl:

DTTS :hug:

Nakeya_j says:

:waves: Hey DTTS

About
    The purpose of my show is nothing other than a positive message. I am in the process of creating a reality show here in our city. The Reality Show is ” The Real Babymamas of Richmond”. We encourage all to support and help put RVA on the map.
    ———–
    :facepalm:

Nakeya_j says:

@DTTS I figured you forgot me. Thats ok. :hug: SO one of the ppl that quit in your office yesterday, was that the one fighting with the wife?

And don’t none of them need to have on what they have on in the cover photo on facebook. :no:

I barely watch and I have seen at least one happy couple. The interracial couple where the white girl lied and said she was a boy. It turned out the black girl was bi anyway and she still wanted to be with her. I wonder how they’re doing now.

If you watched last night’s episode of The Game or just want to get caught up without having to watch check out the recap blog on Tumblr. You can click my name to get there as usual.

@ Trendsetter: So we’re just going to ignore the other 2 red flags?
    ***************************

Dang Sandy, you must be more high falootin than I suspected. You don’t know any hood folk? ALL they phones are in somebody elses name. Just means a nigra got bad credit is all. As for video chatting I have never done that myself so I can’t expect others to do it.

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

DTTS :hugs:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Wait a min did you just :cool: me .. I take my :hugs: back DTTS :tea:

EyesofScorpio says:

I meant to say BGC-’The Challenge’ Reunion.

……and also the winner got $100,000

Aiden Carter says:

@ Trendsetter: So we’re just going to ignore the other 2 red flags?

Sometimes it happens, When i look up my number it came back to a Hispanic older female and i had my number for years!!

EyesofScorpio says:

“Four of the six jurors from the murder trial of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman have distanced themselves from statements another juror made in a televised interview.

The four jurors issued a brief statement Tuesday on court stationery saying the opinions expressed by Juror B37 to CNN’s Anderson Cooper are not representative of their views.

“The opinions of Juror B37, expressed on the Anderson Cooper show were her own, and not in any way representative of the jurors listed below,” said the statement, signed by Jurors B51, B76, E6 and E40. The six-sentence statement did not specify what parts of the other juror’s comments they disagreed with.”

Yardgirl says:

*****************************

I agree that MTV did that for “drama” because aside from that bit of “suspense” the rest of the show lacked drama. They did not even show any concern with the name being attached to “his” account, even on the after show it was not explained. We get it MTV :winky: :winky: