Janet Jackson’s Husband Fires Woman Who Reported Rape

Janet Jackson’s husband, Wissam Al Mana, is catching heat for firing a female employee after she reported a rape by a male co-worker. According to the BBC, Marte Deborah Dalelv worked as an interior designer for Al Mana Interiors. The rape incident occurred in March during a business trip to Dubai.

The BBC reports that Dubai police arrested Dalelv and took away her passport after she reported the rape. She was sentenced to 16 months in prison while her alleged rapist was sentenced to 13 months for having an extramarital affair. Under Sharia law, the moral code and religious law of Islam, Dalelv participated in “an extramarital affair” with her rapist. She was convicted for violating that law.

After her conviction, Dalelv was suspended by her bosses at Al Mana interiors. Three weeks later, she received a letter, signed by Al Mana himself, informing her that she was “terminated for misconduct and breach of your employment duties, effective immediately.”

In a statement via Forbes, the billionaire’s spokesman said Al Mana was “sympathetic” to Dalelv’s plight.

From US Weekly:

“We are sympathetic to Marte Dalelv during this very difficult situation,” the statement read. “Al Mana Interiors has repeatedly offered Marte support and company representatives were by her side throughout the initial investigation and police interviews, and spent days at both the police station and the prosecutor’s office to help win her release.”

“Company representatives have been supportive and in communication with Marte throughout her ordeal. Only when Ms. Dalelv declined to have positive and constructive discussions about her employment status, and ceased communication with her employer, was the company forced to end our relationship with her,” it continued.

“The decision had nothing to do with the rape allegation, and unfortunately neither Ms. Dalelv nor her attorneys have chosen to contact the company to discuss her employment status.”

Through the assistance of the Norwegian embassy, Dalelv was released from prison. She plans to appeal her sentence in September.

• ESPN Fires Racist Blogger For Insensitive Remarks About Haiti
  • Light Skin vs Dark Skin: Who Makes the Most Money in the Strip Clubs?
  • Cell Phone Busts Unfaithful Boyfriend
  • Bu Thiam Speaks on LA Reid Getting fired from Island/Def Jam…

95 Responses to “Janet Jackson’s Husband Fires Woman Who Reported Rape”

I wonder :thinking:

:love: MsJackson, If You’re Nasty :tea:

A.J. says:

I’ll stay in the USA :lol: It’s rough out round them parts!

A.J. says:

You get raped and go to jail. :no:

GellySammich says:

I’m gonna believe him this time but I’m bias :shrug: (not to say I don’t feel sorry for what this woman has been through)
      but JAAANNNNEEEETTTT!!!! :yahoo:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

DTTS I answered your question down stairs :tea:

A.J. says:

You get raped and go to jail.

I guess they don’t consider it rape when you were carrying on an affair with a married man.

theloveyousave says:

Gosh, Janet’s husband is sexy!

:eek:

My My MY. . . Ol Us of A is thee BEST :thankyou:
      For da most part

Aj\GellY :kiss:

GellySammich says:

They were having an affair in the sense that we define it? From the write up, I understood “affair” to just be the label that they gave this rape because he was married. Maybe I skipped a sentence. *reading again*

GellySammich says:

LuVn! :kiss: where you been all day?!

GellySammich says:

=/ I’ve done about 30 minutes worth of work today

Betamax82 says:

:huh:

Shay, Imma have to rent it out to you for the low-low AFTER I get the 35k from another couple yo! :lol:

I think we read it properly the first time Gelly :yes:

GellY,I been working,WORKING HARD!!! :crying: I got a sec to POST earlier

:happy:

ERmahGAWD . . I just SEEnt a vid of a woman in SE Houston shoot a man then video tape it :eek:
      DuDe was harassing her or they wer having words . .
      He walked up on hur then swung his Umbrella,she went into her Trunk and got her rifle :shotsfired:
      :eek:

:eek: Some ish you just need to walk away from! :wtf: You know if he is scared of you with the shotgun, why not just leave. She just had to shoot him :rollseyes: Folks have no value for a life anymore :no: smh!

100% usa made! says:

The rape situation is terrible.

However, I know plenty of married women who have been cheated on that wouldn’t mind the side chick and hubby getting locked up for cheating :tea:

SmurfeTTE. .
      We wasnt scared though,he swung at her. :no:

100% :waiting:

I hate when I get left downstairs. :cry:

We were quoted 20k, so you know a sista tryna get a hookup. lol

datsmdubya2u says:

A.J. says:

You get raped and go to jail.

___________________________

I’ve been following this story for about a month. I’ve never heard anyone but the authorities alleged
      they were having an affair..

Gigi26 says:

Something about this story sounds verrrry fishy. VERY.

And not on Janet’s husband’s part either.

Sounds like they got caught fukking on the premises and they called it. She tried to get off with screaming the “R” word

Shay_OH says:

Gosh, Janet’s husband is sexy!
      _________

He is, in a kinda german-Sheppard kind of a ay

*way

datsmdubya2u says:

its routine in the middle east for women who report a rape to be charged with sex outside of marriage…which is why women don’t report rapes there very often

_________

They cited another case in which a woman was raped & still did prison time, because she had left her home without a male escort.

Shay_OH says:

Soooooo…..I’m the only-est person who thanks he look like a German Sheppard?

:huh:

datsmdubya2u says:

My My MY. . . Ol Us of A is thee BEST :thankyou:
      For da most part

Except for the racism, economic inequality, the number of people who don’t have healthcare, unemployment, a crumbling education system,crumbling infrastructure etc…

———

Yep, except for all of that, it’s amazing! :yes:

datsmdubya2u says:

to them it’s sex that in some way the woman invited everytime..

whether its going out unescorted

looking a man in the eye

working outside the home

not having hair covered

Just being a woman

to them all of these things make men not be able to control themselves so to the authorities its the woman fault.

datsmdubya2u says:

———

Yep, except for all of that, it’s amazing!

___________________________

Yeah we don’t put women in jail for reporting a rape but if her name gets out there…boy oh boy folk will let her have it especially on the interwebs…remember how that girl in OH was dragged?..simply dragged…

Shay_OH says:

We do treat some rape victims as if they were responsible. I didn’t report mine because of who the person was & will always regret it. He did, however, go to prison for raping someone else.

@DATS
      “Foreign women need to stay they azzes out from over there in the middle east..basically there is no such thing as rape in their laws…

to them it’s sex that in some way the woman invited everytime..

whether its going out unescorted

looking a man in the eye

working outside the home

not having hair covered

Just being a woman

:lol: That’s exaggerated.

But in this case, ol girl was drunk too, and the dude said she consented (naturally) and there was no proof of “trauma” to the puzzy cause she didn’t report right away or it wasn’t looked at right away or something.
      :think:

Jerrica says:

Just logged in to say @Dimpz your braids are the bomb dot com!

Oh and hey @Man! :waves:

datsmdubya2u says:

oh the alleged rapist said it was consensual? yeah lets take his word for it. ok… it’s he said vs she said so why charge either party with anything?

Shay_OH says:

I have no desire to visit Dubai or anywhere else I could muck up and violate. I cannot be trusted, especially if wine is involved.

datsmdubya2u says:

the man did 13 months…lol what if they put folks in jail for sex outside of marriage or adultery?

*violate Sharia Law

datsmdubya2u says:

oh i mean what if they put people in the US in jail for sex outside of marriage and adultery…well we’d all be locked up i guess

datsmdubya2u says:

_____________________________

Wow Shay im so sorry…im even sorrier we live in a society where you were afraid to report what happened to you because of who the perp was…thats the type of inequality we need to be fighting.. i’d be afraid too. look how folks are speculating against this woman.. I pray you are healed and whole now..

Shay_OH says:

I’m mostly healed, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think about it practically every day, and it’s been 25yrs.

And I hope this woman’s experience will serve as a lesson to foreign women currently there or about to travel there.

I dont want Janet to get no more work. Her face starting to look like the Saw puppet up round the cheeks. :no:

:dead: @ whoville & saw puppet

Ni ni says:

I hope janet come to her senses and get rid that dude and come home. I would trust an arab spouse here in the states more but not in their country where youre their property.

What can you say? It’s their law. Not much Janet can do. I’m sure he wears the pants in their home.

theloveyousave says:

LOL. Yep, you are right. He got a dog face. I got a thang for droopy eyes and high checkbones. lol . I wonder if HE was a virgin before marriage. I bet He waited his whole like to get some Nasty from JJ.

Shay_OH says:

Gosh, Janet’s husband is sexy!
      _________

He is, in a kinda german-Sheppard kind of a ay

German Shephard :love:

Only on SR!!! :hahaha:

:hug: Shay

Speaking of furry buttocks…. Where is Brenden? :D

:kiss:

Milky says:

@dtts :kiss:

Milky says:

Almost ratchet reality time. #guiltypleasure
      Djm

DTTS :hug:

Shay_OH says:

And I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees the canine simlarity….just sayin’. Heck, he might say I look like a sharpei.

And milky, no judging on my part…my dvr is set to record the ratchetness. :ashamed:

Just Looking says:

Ms. Dalelv went to jail, because an unmarried WOMAN is NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE SEX. Rape or otherwise. Now she is in hiding over there somewhere….until they let her arse leave. In the meanwhile, first she said she was raped, then said the sex was permissible, because of some of the charges were dropped. Then they charged her with lying. Me and her was all kinds of confused.

United Arab Emirates is not a place for the working class unless you are one of dem, I suggest that she head back to London and make money some other way. Her name and face is not welcomed there.

It was on my bucket list of places to go, however after “Tyrone” learned that they had the world’s largest mall 96,000 square foot…

He said until he actually can CHIT money we can’t go.

Just Looking says:

:waves: @Jenie :hug:

Girl….I wanted to go through the TV the other night and BUST Nancy Grace in her arse. She was trying to make Ms. Fulton break down. She needs some fuggn counseling. Losing a child/loved one is always hard, but transference of emotions was a HAWT MESS.

spiceykay says:

Hello everyone

Just Looking says:

SPiceykay – :waves:

Milky says:

:kiss: jenayyyyyyy

Just Looking says:

Ohhh it’s like that Milky…. :waves: partially

Just Looking says:

Ohhh it’s like that Milky…. :waves: partially

@SandraRose . .
      Just seen whilst on the treadmill,This lady was pardoned .

:wave:
      HEY NIghties! :wave:

spiceykay says:

I want to know who rape Mia on Hit the Floor.

watching hit the floor and IM SO SICK OF DAMN ASHA (sp?) she too HIGH AND MIGHTY for me..TOO MUCH OF A GOOD GIRL.

LET YOUR MAMA GET SOME>>THAT AINT GOT SHYT TO DO WITH YOU :no:

spiceykay says:

Hey justlooking

Just Looking says:

@Luvn – LONG TIME :nun:

Priest Prophett Rev Feel Good :winky:

A statement Saturday from Dalelv’s Qatar-based employer, Al Mana Interiors, said she was dismissed from her job after she “ceased communications” with the company following the alleged rape. But Thomas Lundgren, owner of The ONE, the Dubai-based company that franchises Al Mana, was quoted Monday by Arabianbusiness.com as saying that the firing was “a mistake” and said she can return if she wants.

Hey everybody :woot: what’s shaking :buttshake:
      @Justlook that was ridiculous

Just Looking says:

Nite All – I’m about to HIT the BED!

PS I’ll be back tomorrow for the answer. How many days can you not wash before your underarms smells like a old goat that hangs out in pig pen. WHY DO THESE KIDS MAMA SEND THEM OVER HERE LIKE THAT :sad: :cry:

:nun:

Just Looking says:

as saying that the firing was “a mistake” and said she can return if she wants.
      She should catch the first Plane out that bish

Why they bringing THE GAME’S. SHOW BACK SHYT I DIDN’T WATCH THE FIRST SEASON :no:

spiceykay says:

I really believe this man is really going to sleep with that dude for money. Hit the floor keeps getting crazy.

I knew that relationship wasn’t gone last… steebie wonda and his 1 dread saw that break up coming

datsmdubya2u says:

@ Sandra Rose

Can you do a story on all the musicians led by Stevie Wonder and Kanye that say they won’t perform in Florida until Stand Your Ground is repealed?

Shay_OH says:

That would be interesting to know.

ChanAintShyt says:

What up night shift.

Shout out to Dub for the moniker: Piz-nye-e……I can let go of my non-Scrappy language for that, lmao!

Some of the music industry’s biggest acts are joining Stevie Wonder in boycotting Florida over the state’s controversial “stand your ground” law.

Artists joining Wonder include Rod Stewart, Madonna, Usher, Eddie Levert, gospel duo Mary Mary, the rolling stones, and Justin Timberlake a source close to the legendary musician told American Urban Radio Network’s April Ryan.

Rappers Jay Z, Kanye West,Young Jeezy and Wale have also signed on to the boycott, as have R&B and Pop acts R. Kelly, Rihanna, Trey Songz and Alicia Keys.

Wonder announced his intended boycott the day after a Florida jury acquitted George Zimmerman stemming from the death of Trayvon Martin.

“I decided today that until the ‘stand your ground’ law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again,” he said. “As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world.”

“For those that we have lost in the battle for justice, wherever that fits in any part of the world — we can’t bring them back,” he continued. “[What] we can do is we can let our voices be heard. And we can vote in our various countries throughout the world for change and equality for everybody. That’s what I know we can do.”

Other musicians have signaled their support for Martin: Bruce Springsteen dedicated a song to “justice for Trayvon Martin” during a concert in Limerick, Ireland, while Jay Z and Beyonce met with Martin’s parents during a rally in New York City.

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

:yawn: GOOD Morning Beauties and Brutes :hug:

datsmdubya2u says:

@ Sandra Rose

Can I have breakfast first? :eggs: :coffee:

FuturedocDonte says:

See…. :nono: this why I can’t go to the Middle East

:offtopic:
      Am I the only one that couldn’t care less about this “royal baby”? :coffee: I am…. Oh

FuturedocDonte says:

Can I have breakfast first?
      —–
      :rofl: shade

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Can I have breakfast first
      BLOOP :stop: in yo face
      :huh: Is it 4:30 yet?

Miany says:

Good Morning :waves:
      Picka, Future, Sandra, Wut
      @Future…nope. not just you… I TOO have ZERO fuggs to give bout these folk :pacifier: I’m STILL tryna figure out why we curr when we posed to be a democracy and not no type of monarchy :rolleyes:

Morning peeps :hi: I have come to the conclusion that we are amazed that people still live like the Brits live. It’s like that fairy tale ish, with all their tradition.

I dont really care about the ROYALS.. they have too much BLOOD on their hands for me :no: YES the fairytale aspect is what draws people in, but can ONE truly be happy once they MARRY into it. DIANA spoke out, started dating a colored and GOT killed for it….

:shakebutt:

MORNING ROSES!!! By all means SANDRITa have your turkey bacon and two egg whites one SOFT PLZ!!

One more thang SandriTa this lady did NOT spend any time in Jail
      1. she was out on bond whilst she appealed
      2.She got pardoned and has her Passport She is GOING back to NORWAY :steer:

————
      I doubt it, then again they grow up there prolly aspiring to get in.

Miany :happy: How are you?
      :wave:
      SAN ahh Make Ya dance!
      RAZZLE
      TRAN
      MissTaken
      DONTE;and NO U R NOT AlOne iON curr bout william charles Louie Sied the 4th!

:newpost: ON FL boyCOTT :newpost:

Lodak says:

lol…SR you did here what you dragged Drudge for last week. Both headlines are catchy, but don’t tell the whole truth.