Artists join Florida boycott

Some of the music industry’s heavy hitters are joining Stevie Wonder‘s Florida boycott following the Zimmerman acquittal in the death of Miami teenager Trayvon Martin. Industry giants Usher, Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones, *Jay Z, *Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Madonna, *Rihanna, Mary Mary, Trey Songz, Keyshia Cole, and many more have pledged not to perform in Florida until the controversial Stand Your Ground laws have been lifted in that state.

Oddly missing from the list of famous names are Jay Z’s wife Beyonce and Kanye’s baby mama Kim Kardashian.

The Florida boycott will cost the state of Florida millions of dollars in lost revenue and taxes — if the artists remain committed to the cause. But some artists are already waffling on their decision to join the boycott.

According to the Huffington Post, Jay Z and Justin Timberlake will still perform their ‘Legends of the Summer’ Tour on August 16 at Sun Life Stadium, and Rihanna’s reps are saying she never joined the boycott. Expect others to follow suit once the media attention dies down and the reality of losing money dawns on them. Celebrities are famous for being bandwagon jumpers.

Below is the list of names of artists who have joined the boycott. An asterisk next to their name means the Huffington Post is unsure if they have joined the boycott.

• Mary Mary
  • Erykah Badu
  • Wale
  • Frankie Beverly
  • Parliament
  • More from Sandrarose.com:

• Petition to Cancel TLC’s Sisterhood gaining momentum
  • The guy who hugged Obama says his pizza shop is being boycotted
  • Music blog launches app that blocks all mentions of Chris Brown from the Internet
  • Indiana Students Want Separate Prom That Bans Gay Students
  • Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images

103 Responses to “Usher, Kanye, Alicia Keys, Jeezy, Keyshia Cole, Join Stevie Wonder’s Florida Boycott”

Aryanna says:

Good! And many more need to join.

bnatural says:

Do these idiots know that there are SEVERAL states with “Stand Your Ground” laws right? :coffee:

Morning folks :waves:

JerseyGirl83 says:

Good morning all! :waves:

Trendsetter says:

Morning Roses

stevie said he’s boycotting florida and the other states that have this LAW in place… I dont know about the others… OF COURSE Rihanna won’t join the boycott because she’s all about her MONEY, TWITTA, and GETTIN HIGH and NOT MUCH ELSE…

:hi:
      TREND :kiss:
      JerseyGIrl
      BNatural
      aryana

Two things all these People did NOT confirm Just saying
      If Jays gonna Boycott FL,BOYCOTT it! wouldnt Xcling and refundiNg Money back Be a GRETER Statement :coffee: <– straight BLack

MsB2u says:

Good morning everybody
      :waves:

JerseyGirl83 says:

Why should Kim K’s name be on the list? She aint no artist

Trendsetter says:

Luvn :hug:

lovezoe says:

:waves:

JerseyGirl83 says:Why should Kim K’s name be on the list? She aint no artist

~
      She is in her little delusional Mind . . . Ummh iON thank she’ll be seen anywhere for Quite sometime,She wants to B Surgery perfect READY FIRST!

Aryanna says:

JerseyGirl83 says:

Why should Kim K’s name be on the list? She aint no artist

Same thing I said lol.

Aryanna says:

Good Morning :-) luVn_liFe…

nybrn2 says:

Is anybody checking for Kim K in FL?

JerseyGirl83 says:

Why should Kim K’s name be on the list? She aint no artist

Didn’t she film her reality show in Florida last season?

Florida officials have repeatedly said they will not consider scrapping the controversial law.
      :tea:

FuturedocDonte says:

I too am boycotting Florida :coffee: y’all curr

Sandra Rose says:Didn’t she film her reality show in Florida last season?
      ~
      Yeah they do film KIM\Kourt taKe Miami,But umh NOONE Really cares for KiMMODE.
      She should just . .___________

Nasir Rahim says:

WHERE MY BABY FANTASIA AT???

FuturedocDonte says:I too am boycotting Florida y’all curr
      :D

Nasir Rahim says:WHERE MY BABY FANTASIA AT???

NASIR :happy: GElly a POSTER on here has a pic with her and FANNIE

Nasir Rahim says:WHERE MY BABY FANTASIA AT???

NASIR :happy: GElly a POSTER on here has a pic with her and FANNIE

Rihanna is on that list.. she has an * next to her name like JT and JayZ :lol:

Well since I’m living at the edge of the world I’m not wasting my money to drive and see them no way. That’s 3 hrs to get to miami maybe 3 and a half.

Anyway, I was shed a bit of sunshine last night… My knuckle headed husband failed to tell me/elaborate on his posistion and we are not limited to two other places.. We can go anywhere where there’s a slot for me :yahoo:

JerseyGirl83 says:

Why should Kim K’s name be on the list? She aint no artist

Didn’t she film her reality show in Florida last season?
      ————-
      Kim and Kourtney take Miami… along with Kourtney and Khloe take miami..

:hi: Luvn

We can go anywhere where there’s a slot for me
      :woohoo:
      GOOD FOR U GUYS RAZZLE :happy:

Whey ya’ll going and When????

San ah make ya dance says: I love the fact that they are taking a stand on something instead of turning their heads

~
      yeah but who is? ONlY person who has actually SAID IT was STevie?

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

film her reality show in Florida last season?
      ————-
      Kim and Kourtney take Miami… along with Kourtney and Khloe take miami..
      ___________________________
      I really don’t think anyone is watching any of them anymore. I hope Kris’ talk show gets cancelled. I don’t know how she got one to begin with.

On topic: Kudos to those people standing up for a cause. While Florida might not be the ONLY state with stand your ground people are at least opening their eyes to the problem and it will continue a dialogue that will hopefully spread the word. I don’t fault people for trying. :shrugs:

———
      They have more than enough money to turn some away for a cause

yeah but who is? ONlY person who has actually SAID IT was STevie?

———-
      Girl who Knows? If they are though, I wouldnt be mad at em :yes:

Speaking of ms fenty… I didn’t expect her to live in the movie Battleship :rofl: I was expecting her to die at the begining since she was a minority.

I also didn’t expect my boo Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman) to die either… BTW they are casting him as Christian Grey for Fiddy Shades uh Grey.

MsB2u says:

San ah make ya dance says:yeah but who is? ONlY person who has actually SAID IT was STevie?

———-
      Girl who Knows? If they are though, I wouldnt be mad at em

~
      Me Either,I Just want Them To say it AD MEAN it!Make something happen!
      AlSO I feel that if jayZ\JT ARE BoycottinG they should Xcl the concert down here and REFUND Money . .
      TO ME that would be a BIGGER,GreaTer StateMeNt,NO?

MsB2u says:ok yall love and hip who nurses a child for 3 years ,mimi sounded real stupid lastnight

:hi: MsB2U . . Ya KNow Sprites DO it :eek: I Know they kids are damn near 5′tall and they got them suckinG on they TATAs :shock:
      eeHH

Me Either,I Just want Them To say it AD MEAN it!Make something happen!
      TO ME that would be a BIGGER,GreaTer StateMeNt,NO?

——-
      I would love if they did that, ppl would be like :blink: fluck goin on, but you know how that goes. We will see :tea:
      I wouldnt mind if a commercial comes out for it

lovezoe says:

Can I just say Steebie is a true pimp :rofl:

luVn_liFe… says:

We can go anywhere where there’s a slot for me

GOOD FOR U GUYS RAZZLE

Whey ya’ll going and When????
      ————–
      IDK I cant exactly “leave” Key West until 28 Aug this year but we would have to wait until the overseas return list opens up and the e5 listing for mr razz for us to be more marketable to a large number of places… we decided for good last night we wanted to go to Germany for the benefit of our son so he could learn a second language (other than spanglish :lol: )

Can I just say Steebie is a true pimp

————
      All they asses would be if you let em :no: He cracks me up

Str8tUpMenace says:

:cheer: Good, I hopr emore do the same, and I hope tourists boycott that chit, too. :yes:

Str8tUpMenace says:

*hope more

MsB2u says:

———-
      Maybe she pumps??? :lol: Her boobs didn’t even look like sag bags though. but what ever..

Steebie is on that sister wife shat… Joseline ain’t going for that. :rofl:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

________________________
      I am trying to wait on the LHHATL post :waiting:

Fiddy Shades uh Grey

Am I the only one who didn’t like that book :shrugs: I thought it was very amateurous & written on a grade school LEVEL . I couldn’t get into it. :no:

Miany says:

:waves: Hey Luvn.
      I agree on that xcelling concert and refunding ticket price. My brother got tixs to that concert and I KNOW they gone reimburse his hard earn coins if Jay don’t hit that stage :tea:

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Somebody :warning: me when it goes up :lol:

lovezoe says:

Many other countries breast feed that long. Not for me but okay. That dr didn’t look like a plastic surgeon

lovezoe says:

Pika- I did t even finish reading it

:wave: MIRS! loveZOe Morning ladies!

The Reverend Priestess Prophetess Pastor Bishop Mother Pope of the Church of BLACK Jeesus Pickachu Tran says:

Fiddy Shades uh Grey

Am I the only one who didn’t like that book I thought it was very amateurous & written on a grade school LEVEL . I couldn’t get into it.
      ————–
      I didn’t get into it either… I read the sample on my phone and let me just say it was quite boring…

BUT I will go see the movie since Alexander is in it. The girl from Juno is playing his opposite.

I have so much to say about L&HHATL still :waiting: for SANDY to bless us with a POST..

O and steebie is a TRUE PIMP cant eeen dislike the man. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BEAST CHE MACK is OFF THE BUS

Str8tUpMenace says:

Heyyyy Luvn my love muffin!!! :hug:

Morning ladies & gents :hug: & :kiss: to all

Afiya says:

BEAUTIFUL SHOT!!

Good Day Roses :wave: <–HI

Miany says:

I really really wish they wouldn’t boycott the law (it’s actually a good law to have when the person approaching you IS DANGEROUS) truth be told they need to be BOYCOTTING MENTALITY 1. THAT RACIST AZZ mentality (GZ and other nasty YT that think like him) that makes folk see young blacks as natural threats. 2. That DUMB COON mentality that makes em feel like agressive behavior and anything else socially WRONG is RIGHT…..THAT’S TOO much like right and PERSONAL change is too hard to even FATHOM so they do this. :tea:

@RAZZ
      that E5 or whateves is a higer paYscale,Right??
      My sis be talking bout that kinda stuff (me) –> :blink:

her hubbys in QaTar now (kanYe :shrug:

lovezoe says:

Pika- I did t even finish reading it

shyt. Me either :no: I still dont see why its so popular…

Miany says:

50 shades of gray was soooo whatever to me… I picked up the book started reading
      Me: :huh: aint this posed to be a sessy book?? *** flipping pages*** still see no s.e.x wellllll if I wanted to read some confused yt chic I’d read eat, pray, love… **flings book***

luVn_liFe… says:

@RAZZ
      that E5 or whateves is a higer paYscale,Right??
      My sis be talking bout that kinda stuff (me) –>

her hubbys in QaTar now (kanYe

July 23, 2013 at 9:14 am
      ———–
      yea :lol: I know they’re burning up over there.. It’s hot this time of year… We were in the terminal there WITH AC and it was 85 degrees inside compared to the 119 outside at 10am :no:

FuturedocDonte says:

Now I got an honest question

HOW IN THE HEYULL WOULD STEVIE WONDER KNOW WHETHER OR NOT HE IN FLORIDA? He must reAding the welcome to Florida sign or looking at the tropical blue waters on the beach or …. :shrug:

Afiya says:

:stop: Y’all leave #Rihanna, she STILL young, let the girl enjoy her young years, all of them that are young, let them have fun, they WILL learn from their OWN experiences…NOT YOURS! J/S

Anyway, I :heart: folks that stand for something! :applause:

anw_rootbeer says:

FuturedocDonte says:

Now I got an honest question

———————————–
      DEAD

Anna says:

So Bey’s hair got caught in the windmill/fan @ her concert last night.

Trendsetter says:

Nasir I get to see your baby Fantasia this weekend at the Macy’s Music Festival

Look, fugg that book Fiddy Shades, go see Alexander and his sessy azz.. He plays the sh*t out of Eric Northman… I’d smash.. :rofl:

Trendsetter says:

I’ve heard of woman nursing their children until about 3 or longer…

Trendsetter says:

*women*

FuturedocDonte says:

Now I got an honest question

———–
      I’mma tell you like I tole Chan yessuhday…Either take catch this :spank: , or head to the :kona:

Trendsetter says:

But Love and Hip Hop was ok last night…I miss the crazy Joseline…and Karli Redd had the nerve to come to Benzino and ask him for some money for her boob job…she ain’t got 4g’s

Anna says:

So Bey’s hair got caught in the windmill/fan @ her concert last night.
      —————
      :eek: TELL US MORE :eek:

:popcorn:

A judge in Wade’s native Chicago signed off on a post-divorce settlement that includes the ball player giving ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches $5 million, the couple’s marital home near the Windy City and four cars. The settlement also calls for the former love birds not to disparage one another — and they could be fined if they do. Funches appeared unhappy with the deal, which caused Wade’s legal eagles to remind the public of their constant claims that Funches is mentally unstable!
      :facepalm;
      SioVauGh still isnt happy :no:

Anna says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

Anna says:

So Bey’s hair got caught in the windmill/fan @ her concert last night.
      —————
      TELL US MORE

~~~~~~~~~~
      They had to cut it out. She never missed a beat while singing “Halo”. :lol:

Trendsetter says:

Anna says:

RAZZLE is the , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. says:

Anna says:

So Bey’s hair got caught in the windmill/fan @ her concert last night.
      —————
      TELL US MORE

~~~~~~~~~~
      They had to cut it out. She never missed a beat while singing “Halo”.

Is there video of this? I would love to see it

Queen B was performing “Halo” in Montreal when disaster struck … but like the PRO that she is, Beyonce continued to sing during the incident, NEVER ONCE MISSING A SINGLE BEAT.

Eventually, a crew member with a pair of scissors cut Beyonce free … and she sashayed away from the devil equipment.

:lol: ANNA!! Just watched the clip :rofl:
      BEY you GO girl!

lovezoe says:

Trend- Karlie is a mess. You ain’t seen dude in how long? Lied on him, yet you got the gall to ask him for money to get your boob fixed?! The nerve of that hoodbooger.

Trendsetter says:

luVn_liFe… says:

:facepalm;
      SioVauGh still isnt happy
      ____________________________

she never will be…but me on the other hand…yep I’ll gladly accept the 5 milli

lovezoe says:

Didn’t Sivoughn get that and spousal, right?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

FuturedocDonte says:

Now I got an honest question

—-
      Now here is my honest question:

Why do yall insist on NOT beying shyt early in the morning?! Yall can’t wait until lunch time? No, it’s not even 10am and here yall come with this?

JULIUS cut her HUrr :lol:

FuturedocDonte says:

After the show, Beyonce posted a poetic note to her fans explaining the situation … saying, “I got snatched.”
      —-
      :dead:

Y’all have to see how she rewrote halo

being “young” shouldn’t be an excuse for EVERYTHING :no:

@TREND . .
      RIGHT! what does she want!!!!
      I Mean damn. Not onnly was she Getting 25 or 30K in spousal support BEFORE this final settlement.
      NOW she’s getting A LumP sum of 5mil! house AND CAR,She CANT HAVE D.WADE
      Shyte Im bout to sit out in Front on AAA and Protest to have her BakerACted!

MsB2u says:

Luvn
      :hi:

Folk doin too much. Don’t yall know Triggerman is a board certified super hero? Out here in these mean streets saving white folk every chance he gets. How can they boycott this lovely man?

Str8tUpMenace says:

luVn_liFe… says:

@TREND . .
      RIGHT! what does she want!!!!
      NOW she’s getting A LumP sum of 5mil! house AND CAR,She CANT HAVE D.WADE
      Shyte Im bout to sit out in Front on AAA and Protest to have her BakerACted!
      ______________________________

She prolly wants her kids along with that, too. :shrugs: I feel bad for her, tho.

lovezoe says:

Ms. Funches has made a mockery of homelessness which is a serious and personal issue for Mr. Wade as his mother was homeless for a period of time when he was a child,” Wade’s attorney, James B. Pritikin, said in a statement.

Pritikin said Wade has been providing $25,000 in monthly support for Funches, paying for a mortgage, four cars, insurance, taxes and attorney fees.

Pritikin says a court will decide if Funches gets future visitation with her sons.

“The safety and well-being of his children are (Wade’s) main priority,” Pritikin said. “Due to Ms. Funches’ current unstable mental state, her visitation will be determined by the court. Mr. Wade continues to hope that one day he will have a civil relationship with his ex-wife for the sake of their sons.”

Str8tUpMenace says:

I saw that story, but refused to read that chit. :no:

Siohvaughn wants the KIDS back I believe… I still feel bad for her but people so quick to call her crazy and PUT WADE’s ass on pedestal because he wrote ONE book about being a single daddy.. I guess :coffee:

Afiya says:

#liestoldontheinternet :no: <– I refuse to believe that shyt, saving one yt family & a blk family :no: #GTFOH !!!

I saw somewhere that it was staged and I tried looking it up but didn’t see any reports of it being staged… (triggerman)

MsB2u says:

I’ve heard of woman nursing their children until about 3 or longer…

by Trendsetter on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:21 am
      —————————
      I have to only in Africa

“It’s just his nature” O’Mara said :no:

Str8tUpMenace says:

_____________________________

I think she wants her kids back, too. :yes:

Smonae says:

Good Morning Everyone :waves:

That Zimmerman rescue was staged, the fat phuck could’nt throw a punch but he strong enough to rescue someone out a damn truck and with no witnessess. Bullchit :huh:

MsChavo says:

If a commitment has been made or a contract been signed previously, then they sort of have to perform.

Str8tUpMenace says:

I saw that story, but refused to read that chit.
      ****************************

Me too chile. Don’t know nary a detail from it. Saw the title and kept it moving.

MsB2u says:

I’ve heard of woman nursing their children until about 3 or longer…

by Trendsetter on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:21 am
      —————————
      I have too only in Africa
      ————
      Or folks who have attachment issues… mainly “European-Americans”

Other than folks who HAVE to do it or they’re just pumping, cause i get that, but If a baby can tell you “daddy is the problem” then there’s something wrong. :no:

MsChavo says:

——-
      They may just “make up” the dates later

Trendsetter says:

lovezoe says:

_________________________________

Right! But you know she is going to have to suck and fcuk for that money

Oh no :cell: you must be MissTaken says:

Smonae says:
      Good Morning Everyone :waves:

witnessess. Bullchit :huh:
      :cosign:
      :cosign:
      AND
      :cosign: AGAIN

Yardgirl says:

Smonae says:

Good Morning Everyone

*********************

Good morning to you too Smonae and :preach: and :cosign: When I heard this story I rolled my eyes so hard, I nearly knocked myself the fluck out!!

willetta1 says:

:mad: :mad:
      While in BOYCOTT MODE, these civic minded rich folk should also boycott Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, etc.!! BOYCOTT everywhere that African Americans (largely African American Males) are murdering each other and anything/anybody else who happens to be there!! BOYCOTT the violent, criminal, misogynous BULLSHIGGETY that passes for Black Music these days!!! BOYCOTT the Supreme Court and Congress so that lawyers can no longer rig juries while hiding behind the “jury of his/her peers” CRAP!! BOYCOTT themselves cuz half of them have made their fortunes promoting the glorification of GHETTO FABULOSITY, Dope Slinging, Pimping, Profanity, Deliberate Ignorance and all the other things that are major factors in the clock being turned backwards on my people!! And Mr. Wonder … NEGRO PLEASE!!! He KNOWS what time it is!!! He could have been using his influence as one the greatest songwriters/artists in history to turn this music horror around years ago!! But then, he wouldn’t have been invited to Sean Combs White Party or Martha Stewarts Hoedown in the Hamptons or Oprah Winfreys Fine this week, Fat next week Social Soiree for people who start Girl schools in Africa while all HELL is breaking loose for school Girls in your own City/ Country!! I’m pissed now… I’m going to lunch!!

honeybun3757 says:

Okay so all of these folks staying out of Florida huh? Don’t let them cameras catch y’all on south beach.
      #thatisall