Woman falls 17 floors

A former editor for Cosmopolitan magazine fell to her death from her balcony while taking a cigarette break early this morning, the NY Post reports.

35-year-old Jennifer Rosoff was on her first date with a male friend when they went on the balcony of her 57th Street high rise apartment to share a cigarette. The balcony railing apparently gave way as she leaned against it, sending Rosoff plunging 17 floors to her death. The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. Thursday.

Police found Rosoff’s body atop construction scaffolding in the street below her apartment. Neighbor Sara Shubert told the NY Post she heard Rosoff’s body land.

“I heard the thud last night. It was as loud as a car crash. It sounded like a 200 lb punch,” said Shubert, an eight-year resident of the luxury building.

“There was a man who was hysterical and crying by the elevators,” said another neighbor who lives on the 14th Floor. “He told me that he and Jennifer were on their first date. They had just gotten back and she was showing him her apartment.”

“Then he said they stepped out onto the balcony and had a drink. She was leaning on the balcony then the railing gave way and just snapped. It’s really sad.”

Residents told the NY Post the building had been taken over by a new real estate management company. The company, Stonehenge, was in the process of making repairs to the old structure.

“They inherited a very old building. Old pipes and things,” Shubert said. “They are the type of people who are pretty meticulous. So for the railing to just break is very surprising.”

Photos: Frank Rosario/Ny Post; Linkedin

112 Responses to “First date ends badly for former Cosmopolitan mag editor who plunged 17 floors to her death while taking a cigarette break”

The Master Beta :D says:

:hide:

VAALLDAY says:

DAAAAAAAAAAMN, talkin about a horrible first date! :cry:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Well hello good people. I come in and tries to speak earlier but everybody ignored me. Even gave out my email :rolleyes: Nah I’m lying :hahaha: I been busy. What’s I miss?

Bootcampgirl says:

Wowzers, talk about lasting impressions… :blink: he’ll probably have nightmares about the shat..

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Tried and what’d
    My phone doesn’t like Ds

Crazy :no: When its your time man…Please don’t let me go out like this

BrownskinQT says:

How sad

PumpkinsMama says:

Ya’ll sure she ain’t have a voice like Michelle’ and he had enuff and just pushed her azz over? :kona:

bigtyme says:

I guess I look at too many crime shows because the first thing I thought was…he pushed her. They came to her apartment, he tried to or suceeded at raping her, then he pushed her…it never crossed my mind that she actually fell.

GAGIRL87 says:

Wow that was freak accident

Caramel Rain says:

That’s sad. 17 floors..

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Pumpkin :yahoo: :kiss:

Cubarican says:

I was thinking he pushed her at first too, but idk they said say the building was super old and the pic looks like it broke. :shrug:

Bootcampgirl says:

@Chan, wherever you at, just seen this website of CL, americascomingstar . com. Don’t know if it’s legitamite..

Smoking kills.

this reminds me of that incident at the W hotel. wonder what ever happened to the girl that survived :think:

Caramel Rain says:

I am not going to laugh @ Bigtyme. Nope. Not gone do it.

Miany says:

omg…RIP to the departed….. I know when I step out on my balcony I never lean on the rail cuz Im paranoid but, in the back of my head I still believe it can never happen :( this just fugged my head up cuz ummm before today I never heard of anyone ACTUALLY FALLING

bigtyme says:

@caramel…I am serious as hell too…those shows will have you looking at everything sideways!

PumpkinsMama says:

GA :lick:

San ah make ya dance says:

Crazy :no: When its your time man…Please don’t let me go out like this

:cosign:

This reminds me of the Sex In The City episode where old girl was at the party and was like NYC aint about ish no more…cause she couldnt smoke in the apartment the party was at…so she was leaning out the window smoking… and…. :sad:

Last words were…I am so bored…I could die.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Smoking kills.
    by Who Dat on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:22 pm
    _________
    Bye :ghost:

Did yall hear about the guy with the 132lb scrotum that is getting his own show? :eek:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

*how dreadful*
    Dwight voice
    :no:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

What I miss??? Who ya’ll talkin’ ’bout??? You think he pushed her??? :popcorn:

Caramel Rain says:

bigtyme says:

******************

:rofl: :lol:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

KDub I saw that episode :hahaha:
    Fay I been working so hard today :cry: then my dept head took me to lunch and turns out she wants to fire somebody and wanted my opinion on it.
    I may have murked someone’s career :no:now they deserve it but still…

Caramel Rain says:

What I miss??? Who ya’ll talkin’ ’bout??? You think he pushed her???
    ********

@ bigtyme think ol boy did it :rofl:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Taken outchea getting ppl fired n shyt.

Caramel Rain says:

I may have murked someone’s career now they deserve it but still…
    ***********

that sad. I never wanna take money outta nobody pocket :no:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Taken outchea getting ppl fired n shyt.

——————

:shocked: Chiiilllleeeeeee :kona:

That’s horrible. And you can rest assured she was paying thousands of dollars a month for that spot too.

PumpkinsMama says:

Fay Fay :happy: I loves my silhouette (sp) afro lad :yes: I wish I looked that good bukket nekket :wail:

KDub I saw that episode
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I was late to SATC. I rented all the seasons one long weekend and watched ALL of them. I think the title to that episode is “SPLAT!”

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

SO I got a job offer, but they want me to put my resume in a excutive classic format and then gave me two web sites that can do it, mind you they both cost money. I was thinking it’s a scam? Thoughts?

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

Ya’ll talk about the groupie who tried to out Dez Byrant liking it in the :buttshake: with strap-ons only to find out homegirl was lying and now saying she was talking about Royce Reed’s ex boo Dez Brysco???? :popcorn:

PumpkinsMama says:

:rolleyes:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

———————

I’ve never heard of any job requiring your resume be in a certain format no to mention asking for it after they offered you a job :nono:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

PUMPKIN!!!!!!!! :happy: Where you been guhl??? :hugs:

Miany says:

@Nakeya…I wouldn’t pay… gooogle the format… google for samples and image samples will come up. You can do it yourself…OR whatever local college/univ is, they usually has resume workshops. Call em.

Anna says:

MzDimplez1123 says:

~~~~~~
    I heard. I think it’s just a 1 time show.

MzDimplez1123 says:

Did yall hear about the guy with the 132lb scrotum that is getting his own show

:eek: about WHAT tho?? they gone keep talmbout elephantine bawls erryday? :ban:

Miany says:

MzDimplez1123 says:
    ^^ a whole show or one time special???/
    If its an hour special, ok…but if its a whole show WHY??? No one wanna look/ hear THAT MUCH about that shiii.

I am an HR major. And after I got called in on my opinion on if this lady who had just got back from medical leave… cause she had CANCER…should be fired (she had been back like a year at that point)…I was like oh HAIL NAW. I aint about this firing life. :no: Give MY azz some payroll to run. Let me go recruit some interns..I’ll go to the job fair! I dont even LIKE benefits…but dayumit let me administer some benefits…

Miany says:

:rofl: Exsactly #48

Dez (Reese’s ex) LOOKED LIKE HE MIGHT LIKE THAT THO :yes: YES HE DID.

Miany says:

@WhoDat… boy I can’t either.. gotta be real cut throat to work in that field.

Caramel Rain says:

I am an HR major. And after I got called in on my opinion on if this lady who had just got back from medical leave… cause she had CANCER…should be fired (she had been back like a year at that point)…I was like oh HAIL NAW. I aint about this firing life. Give MY azz some payroll to run. Let me go recruit some interns..I’ll go to the job fair! I dont even LIKE benefits…but dayumit let me administer some benefits…

**********

Did they fire her?

Which is why I do benefits/insurance only (work comp, STD/LTD, etc..). But one day I want to HR supervisor so.. it’s coming, gotta hv tough skin..

I take it his bawls hit the water when he sit on the terlit to do numma nine huh?

FaylaHasReinstatedBrendenOnTheWhipfinity :whip: BOD(Pending90DayProbationPeriod) says:

MzDimplez1123 says:

Did yall hear about the guy with the 132lb scrotum that is getting his own show

:eek: about WHAT tho?? they gone keep talmbout elephantine bawls erryday? :ban:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Taken outchea getting ppl fired n shyt.
    by Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    ______
    I ain’t outcheandoing nothing! Did I use it right? I used to wanna be from NO :lol:
    It’s the new :homo: dude I told you is always on my :grill: asking for help trying to be BFFs. He sucks. I tried to work through it but he is affecting everyone now BC he can’t do basic ish. He may not get fired but she is stripping his managerial role so it’s only a matter of time.

KayCeiSoul says:

Last words were…I am so bored…I could die.

*******************************************

When I tell you I cannot with you today? I cannot.
    BYE! :ghost:

—-
    Number nine?! WTF is that?!

Nakeya, if it’s like 5 bucks I might try it out. :shrug:
    ================
    Mgmt can’t make any decisions based on emotions :no: Ever.

There is a full definition of number 9 downstairs :tea:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Taken Yup you used it right. lol. And how did he get hired and can’t do the job. PPl need to stop telling lies on the resume.

There is a full definition of number 9 downstairs
    —–
    *runs back downstairs*

Miany says:

we ALLL remember that episode… I remember the first time I saw it, bish fell right outta the open window. Like my mouth did :shocked: then I was like :lol:

They fired her on misconduct and I felt SO SO BAD. LAWD. Back when I was at the newspaper. One of my good friends was the HR Coordinator back then…every department had an HR rep and I was the person for the newsroom. Homegirl, her boss, my boss and me all in there talking about the fate of that lady job. I cant do conflict. Makes my stomach hurt. :sad:

Homegirl had called my desk by the time I got back upstairs from the meeting and left a VM: bish we gotta go drank tonight cause I KNOW that was rough on you. YA THINK? :no:

Nakeya
    In fact my friend just paid 5 bucks for a site that she used, and it was nice. The only thing that I didn’t like about it was A) pdf only and B) it was only good for 2-3 months.
    Let me know if you want me to get the name of that one.

JMO says:

lord help me …

Reading this post, the first thing I thought about was that episode of Fresh Prince when dude tried to propose to Hillary while jumping …

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

*comes back in* Uhh I can’t look through all of that. @Dtts Tell me what it is please

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@DTTS yes, can I have the name please.

Nakeya, the one I’m talmbout in #66–you just enter your info, and it puts it into about 20 different resumes styles. It was nice IMB.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Bomb they have my resume, but they wasked if I could re-do it in that format. It’s very weird.

*goes looking for #66*

Caramel Rain says:

:no: That’s sad. :cry: I dont like stuff like that.

Nakeya
    resumebuilders . com
    She said it’s free, but if you want to upload it to different places on there :shrug: or put it on your flashdrive etc it’s $3.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@DTTS ok. and I did not see it. I give up. SOunds nasty anyway.

Gigi26 says:

:no:

She’s gonna be remembered for bringing a dude home on the first date and then dying ON the first date…AT HER PLACE.

For shame.

I’m talmbout your resume :lol: , #66 in here yo :rofl:

bbl

#9 is the bg’s times 10 :lol:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

by Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:48 pm
    ———-
    I was in his interview. He lied in that!! He has no MS office skills! No management skills and lies to look good. It is finally catching up with him. I saw it first and work directly with him so it has been eating me up! But I ain’t no snitch so now that the depth head noticed :grin:

Gigi26 says:

I keep trying to tell folk, just cuz your apt is in the city don’t mean its top notch. A lot of buildings in major cities is, if they aren’t newly built, they are old and not up to code. A lot of folk pass these code cuz they bribe folk. Po thang :no:

bigtyme says:

@NAKEYA-I work in recruiting and have never heard of that buuut…I can assume it is because it will upload into their system better…some resume formats don’t translate into the applicant tracking system correctly.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Oh and he even downplayed his gay in the interview. Buddy ro game to work the first day like :gay: he was on fire! Smacking lips and everything. Dude answers his phone like Helur like madea totally :wtf:
    He tricked us

Miany says:

@GIGI… He tried to clean it up for her tho…’we went upstairs so she can show me her apt’.. Yea it’s sad. Folk think they’re getting what they’re paying for

deedeegirl says:

unimaginable .

Gigi26 says:

Ohh trust Miany a lot of the sprites spend their WHOLE ENTIRE CHECK on rent just to say they “Live in the City”…saw it at this firm I used to work at…idiots have debt that is over 300k but paying 2,500 rent just to live in the city. Dummies.

JMO says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Nakeya
    resumebuilders . com
    She said it’s free, but if you want to upload it to different places on there or put it on your flashdrive etc it’s $3.
    ____________________________________________________________

The thing about those services though is that most of them send out the same exact resumé to different companies. In my opinion, you should never send out the same resumé; Customize it for each job position.

… having to interview people … if your resumé looks too "general", I toss it.

Just my opinion and feedback though

Milky says:

Thingslisarayecoochlooklike
    Taco meat
    Joseph’s manufactured puss

JMO says:

Is Ga girl still here? I want to know what happened to that claim she mentioned downstairs :lol:

KayCeiSoul says:

Dude answers his phone like Helur like madea totally
    He tricked us

******************************

I worked with a dude like that. :yes:
    Lied about err’thang on his resume’, got hired, and did nothing, you hear me?
    You would think they’d have fired his azz easily, but nope. His defense was always, “I wasn’t properly trained”, every time he fugged up.
    You could hear him hollering at different intervals of the day, “I wasn’t properly trained”.

I hated his muskrat mouf azz too! He was real messy. :rolleyes:

I can’t remember whether he was fired or whether he knew everyone was on to him and dipped. :thinking:

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

PUUUNNNKINNN :kiss:

Hey boo!

GellySammich says:

:eek: that’s turribal

GELLY! :kiss:
    How goes it Be-You-Tee-Full? :love:

Gigi26 says:

if your resumé looks too “general”, I toss it.

Just my opinion and feedback though
    —————————————————–
    TRUTH. Didn’t learn the hard way but I have friends in HR and that’s why a lot of folk don’t get call backs.

GellySammich says:

DIMPZ!!!!! :kiss: just tired but can’t complain… how you? what the job say? whatcha got? :waiting:

GELLY! :yahoo:

I’m good!

Girl, the dang interview was 15mins! He told me they would have news for me ASAP since tomorrow is my last day in this role. I’m crossing everything up to my eyes! :lol:

You know I got a visit today. :coffee:

JMO says:

Fam! :hug:

@Gigi :yes: Back in the day, I used to send out one resumé but now I understand how/why to do things differently. Especially when you have tons of resumés to go through :lol:

GellySammich says:

lol I was like maaaaaan I’ve heard people say small world but sheeeeeesh…
    I knew it would work out though! Everything lined up too perfectly!

nybrn2 says:

Dayuuuuum! That’s a horrible way to die!!! That guy will be traumatized forever!!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Thanks for the feed back everyone. :hug: Going to work on it tonight.

:hug: @ Gelly

We’re still on standby though. :wail:

Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq says:

You know I got a visit today. :coffee:

——————————–

I done told you before YOU GOT THAT!!! :yes:

GellySammich says:

standby schmandby it’s yours

GellySammich says:

:yawn: nothing going on in here so I’mma go nap until it’s time to go home

Thanks yall. :hug: I’m still going to be MIA for a while. This job will require some TRAINING! :yes:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

______
    Exactly! I am sure he won’t be immediately fired. My dept head is bringing in a new person who is under her and over he and I. I guess she will wait to see if that helps.. If not :shank:

Miany says:

GellySammich says:
    nothing going on in here so I’mma go nap until it’s time to go home
    ^^ been wishing I could take one of those all day :crying: I wanna nap tooo!!

Miany says:

MzDimplez1123 says:
    Thanks yall. I’m still going to be MIA for a while. This job will require some TRAINING!
    ^^ Congrats on the gig!!! :thankyou: JESUS!

@ Miany….I’m still on standby! :wail:

:2dance:

Poor woman did everything wrong: bringing a guy home on a first date; smoking, leaning against a railing in a 100 year old building. :no: