Singer Brandy Performs to 90,000 Empty Seats

Singer Brandy Performs to 90,000 Empty Seats

According to Black Twitter, R&B singer Brandy was humiliated and embarrassed after performing for just 40 people in a capacity 90,000 seat arena in South Africa on Saturday.

Several concertgoers at the Mandela Sports and Cultural Day concert tweeted that 90,000 concertgoers left before Brandy hit the stage to perform, Perthnow.com reports.

“Brandy [just] performed to an empty stadium. With the stadium lights on,” tweeted South African musician, Kabomo. “There are more people there on a random Tuesday… Depressing.”

Added @My2_Melo: “I gave up the [minute] I saw the empty stadium. Brandy performing for the chairs!”

According to Kabomo, the concertgoers weren’t aware Brandy was performing. Still, “The Game” star performed 2 songs and left the stage.

“People didn’t know there was a concert after the games. No one knew Brandy was around. Maybe a 40 people audience … She sulked after two songs and walked off.

“Brandy is going to perform for herself and Mbaks only,” @dawn_ngwenya tweeted, referring to South Africa’s minister of sport, Fikile Mbalula.

The country’s national TV channel SABC cut off the live broadcast feed before Brandy walked out onstage.

This is just an example of Brandy’s true professionalism. She was contracted to perform and that’s exactly what she did. Kudos to Brandy!

Photo: Splash News Australia

71 Responses to “Singer Brandy Performs to 90,000 Empty Seats”

That alright Brandy :tea: her album is one of the hottest album this year :listen: She has paid her dues !!!! Unlike some :tea:

Poor Brandy

:facepalm:

Im embarrassed for her,Just reading the article

:eggs: morning SandriTa

Turn it up :danban: AJ youtube Turn it up by Tip and Rock with me :danban1: and P$C

:stop:

WAIT I didn’t read the whole article :oops:

buttuMH it wasn’t a concert its not that she didn’t sell tickets it WAS after the games Oh!

Mehh at least she did sing a song or two; I like BRANDY :yes:

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey Luvn :danban1:
    Let me go be productive…bbl

Daisy says:

Morning

:lol: They clowned Brandy on Rickey Smiley yesterday.

Yardgirl says:

Awwww poor Brandy. However that was not a reflection on her because the promoters effed up. Kdos to her for her professionalism. :headphone:
    Make that money B :listen:

A.J. says:

90,000 seats tho?! A set-up from the jump! She can’t pull those seats/numbers in the USA. :no: Then her terrible acting on The Game is messing her music game up.

Brandy’s album is hitting :yes: Harrrrrrrrrrrrdly Breathing :whistle:

A.J. says:

:stop: :blink: terrible acting , she is the only reason I tune in :thinking: you must be talking about Laura London and that new Dude. Brandy is a great actress :yes:

A.J. says:

Jenie Im coming for the TIP!! Pulling it up right now!

Bootcamp come on to the A!

A.J. says:

Lord hoping yall don’t jump my ass but yeah I said it. It seems forced and not naturally inspired. Let’s not even discuss Lauren London.

A.J. says:

Jenie Im coming for the TIP!! Pulling it up right now!

:listen:

A.J. says:

She bout as good as Tasha Mack, but yeah Brandy is a good actress :yes: I have seen her act in plenty …. she is seasoned

A.J. says:

Morning Luvn!! Bootcamp and Jenie trying to jump my ass! j/k.

AJ :shank: :rofl: Brandy looks just like her daughter in that pic up top

Lord hoping yall don’t jump my ass but yeah I said it.
    ~
    ~

LMAOOOO AJ :hug: <-My protective arms around you! :lol:

JENIEEEE
    Boot
    Daisy
    YardiGIRl
    :hi: Morning!

A.J. says:

Agreed :lol: as good as Tasha Mack ( I can only see her saying: Hey Mr. Hightower)

I like Brandy in Moesha, Thea and that BET movie with her and Whitney Houston.

MsB2u says:

Hey yall
    :waves:

Come on TIP..Bring em out, bring em out!! :danban:

One of Swiss Beatz better produced hits may I add.

MsB wassup

libra80sbaby says:

:facepalm: Po lil Brandy…she was still a professional tho. Kudos :thumbsup:

Libra Morning!

libra80sbaby says:

:waves: AJ!!! What it dew?!

libra80sbaby says:

So dare we start talkin about that fat bish Kelly Price from RnBdivas last night???!!!

Libra :hahaha: :waves: she must have really showed her azz, Keya was talking bout it earlier :lol:

AJ!!! What it dew?!
    Jenie and I got it crunk listening to Clifford Harris this morning! :dancing:

:waves: <–Take your Gucci rag out and wave it in the air!!!

Didn’t this same thing happen to Ms Keri Baby???

:wave: <—-Gucci rag

AJ!!! What it dew?!
    Jenie and I got it crunk listening to Clifford Harris this morning! :dancing:
    :waves: <–Take your Gucci rag out and wave it in the air!!!

:waves: <<<< Gucci :danban:

IDK how in the hell I’m supposed to work when the email is down… :shrug: OH WELL!! :eek:

A.J. says:

I need my Bose system in my offie! I wonder how it would sound to others in the office. Hmph.

MsB2u says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:

—————————
    ours just went down to and i am not complaining
    :grill:

Whoever organized the event is not very good at their job. Why would you book an artist to perform after the sports event instead of during? Furthermore why would you pay an artist to perform and then not tell anyone they are performing?

puppylove says:

Morning roses. Eventhough I am not a fan Brandy is a true professional. Hell a lot of these singers cant even show up on time :coffee:

MsB2u says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:
    —————————
    ours just went down to and i am not complaining

Ours was down this morning as well :rofl: But the internet is up :trophy:

libra80sbaby says:

:waves: Jenie!! :hugs: Chile Kelly ol linebacker body ass is TRIPPIN!!

MsB2u says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

MsB2u says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:
    —————————
    ours just went down to and i am not complaining

Ours was down this morning as well :rofl: But the internet is up :trophy:
    ———————————
    JUST CAME BACK UP
    :cry:

Chile Lil Mo edges is gone :no: completely gone, and whoever doing her weave with that closure :nono:

lexdiamonz says:

must have been a “full moon”

MsB2u says:

RAZZLE is the :champ: , not a BEDAZZLED tramp. :nono: says:
    —————————
    ours just went down to and i am not complaining

Ours was down this morning as well :rofl: But the internet is up
    Wish mine would go down. I’d send an e-mail out so fast (knowing it ain’t working) I’m going to look at prospects = home-on e-mail/internet that works). :tea:

libra80sbaby says:

Chante and Claudette are the most polished ones on the show. I’on know wtf be going on with Lil Mo and that shiny ass kanekelon weave she be using…but umm ma’am weave supposed to look natural

A.J. says:

:waves: Jenie!! :hugs: Chile Kelly ol linebacker body ass is TRIPPIN!!
    _____
    But who said sheet-cake body Kelly Price last week? I’m still hollering off that. :hahaha:

libra80sbaby says:

+_______________

:rofl: I like Michele as well :yes: I agree

A.J. says:

:waves: Jenie!! :hugs: Chile Kelly ol linebacker body ass is TRIPPIN!!
    _____
    But who said sheet-cake body
    :crying: Kelly Price last week? <<< who said that :crying: I’m still hollering off that.

:casket:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

—-
    I can’t take Kelly’s Grimace looking ass. Period. Her attitude is thee worst.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Libra Mo weave is off, but it’s not as bad as Kelly’s.

kingstonn says:

*reads post*
    Brandy is a friend of the blog, eh?
    Until I know for sure…. :tape:

Back when I was following ChriannaCoochie’s every move Chris had a show in Africa that was so overpriced that he too performed to a bunch of empty seats and they paid him a grip. Africa will give you that dough, but it looks like they need to do some work on their promotion skills.

Cubarican says:

Morning Roses!! :waves:

MsB2u says:

Chile Kelly ol linebacker body ass is TRIPPIN!!
    ———————–
    :cosign:

A.J. says:

Hey Kingstonn long time no font. How are you?

Sure Brandy is a fob!

Claudette really reminds me of a prettier Halle Berry :thinking:

Lil Mo must really like Kelly. She went off on Dawn but was still sweating Kelly’s passive aggressive azz. In Kelly defense, if her and Dawn put a show together in no time maybe the rest of the girls should have waited until Kelly could be there before moving forward. Chante did kind of take over Kelly’s idea without really keeping her in the loop.

kingstonn says:

*reads post*
    Brandy is a friend of the blog, eh?
    Until I know for sure

No she is not :lol: Sandra be reading her azz sometimes :lol:

kingstonn says:

Hey AJ!
    Oh, she is? WELP. I shall hold my peace. :tape: :no:

Shuga Honey says:

Yardgirl says:

Make that money B

Is her moms still her manager? If so then…..yeah

cuz we see what a stellar job she is doing with Ray J’s career, dont we? :tea:

kingstonn says:

*reads post*
    Brandy is a friend of the blog, eh?
    Until I know for sure….
    **********************

Sandy has warmed up to her a little more here recently, but I doubt she will ever be an FOB because of the imaginary competition between her and Monica.

kingstonn says:

Didn’t Claudette send that other dude from City High to drink himself into an episode on Intervention?

Did y’all see folks drag Aubrey’s “nothing was the same” album cover art? :kona:

:newpost: Race War a-brewing

Lil Mo :scared: Lol of Kelly Big azz :rofl:

Shuga Honey says:

Is her moms still her manager?
    ***********************

I don’t know if she was rehired, but on their reality show Brandy and Ray J cut ties with mom professionally in an attempt to leave the nest and go out on their own. I don’t know why they would want to fix what isn’t broke though. Mama made them chirren rich.

MsB2u says:

ME AND MR WRONG
    :headphone:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

——
    True, but Kelly did not fully have it together, and when Kelly was told about the director coming in, she still did not call anyone, or show up half the time. She is a control freak to me. And then she told them to go and still do it without her big ass. And Mo should of read Kelly’s ass last night. Humph.

lexdiamonz says:

BAY BAY Kelly is a HOT azz mess SHE was NEVER there and THEN going to talk about it was HER idea that’s all good but do some ACTION and WTF is wrong with her thigh/hip area … no maam … and LIL MO is SKRAIT HOOD they don’t want it with that one !!!

Shuga Honey says:

Shuga Honey says:

Is her moms still her manager?
    ***********************

:huh: Chirren? oh? does Brandy have another sibling besides Ray Flop?

deedeegirl says:

This is not her fault and I bet plenty of folks in Africa are mad they missed that show!

That’s so sad. Poor Brandy :(

What’s Brandy’s little brother Ray J? What’s he been up to lately?