Tawana Brawley

Tawana Brawley was a fast 15-year-old being raised by a single mother when she became the center of a civil rights firestorm in 1987. Brawley, of Wappingers Falls, New York, accused six white men -- including police officers -- of raping her.

Brawley, who had been staying with a boyfriend for four days, claimed the white men smeared her with feces and wrote racial slurs on her body before leaving her partially naked in a dumpster. In 1988, a NY grand jury released its report calling Brawley a liar.

Last week, ex-prosecutor Steven Pagones received the first payments from Brawley since 1998, when a court granted him $431,000 in damages in a defamation lawsuit. “It’s a long time coming,” said Pagones, 52, after receiving 10 checks totaling $3,764.61 from Brawley.

Brawley, now 41, works as a nurse in Virginia where a court garnished six of Brawley's paychecks to begin paying the judgment to Pagones. Pagones, 52, told The Post he is more interested in hearing a confession from Brawley.

Now a single mother of a daughter, Brawley has never admitted she lied or apologized for her actions.

“Every week, she’ll think of me,” Pagones told The Post. “And every week, she can think about how she has a way out — she can simply tell the truth.”

Photos: AP, Mike Theiler

• The Master Beta :D

Oooh I remember this :tea:

• FuturedocDonte

Can we get more background on this story... Like the proof where she lied. This is y first time hearing about this :thinking:

• Black_jewel2

So because the Grand Jury said she lied show now has to pay restitution of some sorts?

I am confused :shrugs:

• The Master Beta :D

Look @ Al :eek:

• tipdagemini

if im not mistaking they found out she was lying because she wrote the racial slurs upside down which showed that she did them herself..............but correct me if i am wrong

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San ah make ya dance

told The Post he is more interested in hearing a confession from Brawley.

------------
    Get yo money and shut the f up

• Unshakable

@Black Jewel and Dr. Donte - I am in the same boat. I would like to know more details. Maybe this write-up is the "lure," and we're suppose to conduct more investigative research on our own!

#teamnancydrew #teamscoobydoowiththemysterymachine :rofl:

• Caramel Rain

So she lied? The article doesnt mention why or how she's guilty.

• Caramel Rain

@ Unshake, you read nancy drew books too? ah to be a kid again :lol:

• tipdagemini

Caramel Rain says:

So she lied? The article doesnt mention why or how she’s guilty

yea she lied so that her mom wouldnt be mad at her

• Who Dat

Tawana was spotted at her bf house the day she supposedly was raped by the white men if I recall. They supposedly put her in a garbage bag but somebody saw her climbing IN the bag? I was young when all of that happened. Fuzzy. She lied tho. And Al told her this is your story and you sticking to it. So she has maintained said lie for decades now.

Fugg Al in that pic...and his big round swollen face and that ultra perm circa 1987 too.

• Jdore

How do they know she lied?

It came out that she lied a few years back, I think :thinking:

I remember being mad, because I had believed her... Somebody go get the story...

• Who Dat

Tawana's asymetrical was the bidness. Well not better than my boo MC Lyte's was...or Pepa...but her'n was pretty good tho.

• Milky

Imma try this again. Clears throat and screams good morning everyone. :wave:

• Caramel Rain

tipdagemini says:

Caramel Rain says:

So she lied? The article doesnt mention why or how she’s guilty

yea she lied so that her mom wouldnt be mad at her

***********

oh. thanks for the clarification. That's a jacked up thing to do tho.. smh

• luVn_liFe…

Tawana Brawley was a fast 15-year-old being raised by a single mother
    :facepalm:

HI ROSES!!! :wave:

I remember this case well *shutters*

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San ah make ya dance

She look like she lie :rofl:

• tipdagemini

On November 28, 1987, Tawana Brawley, who had been missing for four days from her home in Wappingers Falls, New York, was found seemingly unconscious and unresponsive, lying in a garbage bag several feet from an apartment where she had once lived. Her clothing was torn and burned, her body smeared with feces. She was taken to the emergency room, where the words "KKK", "Nigger", and "Bitch" were discovered written on her torso with a black substance described as charcoal.[8]

A detective from the Sheriff's Juvenile Aid Bureau, among others, was summoned to interview Brawley, but she remained unresponsive. The family requested a black officer, which the police granted. Brawley, described as having an "extremely spacey" look on her face, communicated with this officer with nods of the head, shrugs of the shoulder, and written notes. The interview lasted 20 minutes, during which she uttered only one word: "neon." Through gestures and writing, however, she indicated she had been raped repeatedly in a wooded area by three white men, at least one of them a police officer. A sexual assault kit was administered, and police began building a case.

Brawley provided no names or descriptions of her assailants. She later told others that there had been no rape, only other kinds of sexual abuse. Forensic tests found no evidence that a sexual assault of any kind had occurred. There was no evidence of exposure to elements, which would have been expected in a victim held for several days in the woods at a time when the temperature dropped below freezing at night.

• KyCakes

@Dub I remember alladis too...crazy story. I could never get over the part that if she lied, that means she smeared herself with dog poo :no:

• BrownskinQT

Look at the dalai lama of relaxers up there (in my Chris Rock voice)... :tea:

• Who Dat

Ah she wont at the BF house...she was visiting him IN JAIL. Sign in/sign out logs...how Ray Liotta got his azz busted too on "Goodfellas"

:facepalm:

• KyCakes

Good morning to you, Milky and yo' dirty pillows :lol:

Oh San :rofl:

:kiss: Milky

I vote Pepa :woot: Kdub :rofl:

Chile look at AL :rofl: :rofl:

• Miany

:hi: Milky!!!!
    Ion know bout all those lies though.. Good god at 16 surely I knew better... Matter of fact at 16 popo brought me home at 3 am cuz i snuck out and my ex and I were down the street in the car :hunching: I didnt even think to lie.... just took my cuss out and :whip: like a G and went to bed mad. What the fugg wrong with her FACE!!!!!!

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San ah make ya dance

She might as well took that :spank: whipping and went on with life

• Who Dat

Additionally, despite her claim of having been held captive for days, Brawley was not suffering from exposure, was well-nourished, and appeared to have brushed her teeth recently. Despite her clothing being charred, there were no burns on her body. Although a shoe she was wearing was cut through, Brawley had no injuries to her foot. The racial epithets written on her were upside down, which led to suspicion that Brawley had written the words. Testimony from her schoolmates indicated she had attended a local party during the time of her supposed abduction. One witness claimed to have observed Brawley's climbing into the garbage bag
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Least she kept up with her dental hyg. while gone.

• The Master Beta :D

Milky :hi:

• The Master Beta :D

Luvn :hi:

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San ah make ya dance

i snuck out and my ex and I were down the street in the car
    ------------
    :shocked: WHOA

• KyCakes

Ah she wont at the BF house…she was visiting him IN JAIL. Sign in/sign out logs…how Ray Liotta got his azz busted too on “Goodfellas”

:facepalm:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    :mad: "I'm going to tell EVERYONE that walks in this building that in apt 2b, Janice Rossi, is nothing but a HOOR" :rofl:

• Who Dat

I vote Pepa
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Much as I LOVE my Lyte... I agree. Pep's asymetrical wins. That bish had them LINES in it too?

ICE COLD.

• Unshakable

Good morning Milky! :rofl:

Ok, so now this blog conversation can go left. In other news:

Story 1

Police are trying to understand why a 38-year-old transient allegedly plowed a car into a crowded Los Angeles-area boardwalk this weekend, killing an Italian tourist who was on her honeymoon. Alice Gruppioni died in the incident, which was caught on surveillance footage, that also left 11 people injured.

In Memphis, Jamina Briggs, a Black mother of 3 (2 sons and 1 girl) was charged with fatally stabbing her two young sons told police she is schizophrenic and that voices told her to do it, court records show.

Story 2

Jamina Briggs, 29, also told officers who arrived at her home on Wednesday night that she was sorry about the stabbings, according to an affidavit of complaint.

Officers arrested Briggs after they found the boys, 6-year-old Nicholas Briggs and 23-month-old Jeremiah Briggs, lying face down on a couch with multiple stab wounds. The boys died at a hospital.

Briggs was charged with first-degree murder Thursday. She has a criminal record that includes two guilty pleas for domestic assault for fights she had with her mother and boyfriend.

I am watching R&B Divas and Lil mo husband looks homeless :nono:

• Cubarican

Sooooo then, she smeared feces on herself?!? :hurl:

• Caramel Rain

. One witness claimed to have observed Brawley’s climbing into the garbage bag
    *****************
    I mean, it wasnt even that serious now every time she get paid, that dude gets his money off the top just like FICA and Medicare. SMH..

• Unshakable

I vote Pepa
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Much as I LOVE my Lyte… I agree. Pep’s asymetrical wins. That bish had them LINES in it too?

ICE COLD.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

STONE COLD.
    FUNKY COLD MADINA. :rofl:

• Who Dat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    She wore Janice azz OUT mentally with that bell ranging. Janice nerves was tore the hail UP. I woulda sho NUFF stopped seeing his azz after that. I do NAT wantcho wife coming her azz back round here NO MORE. GO HOME

• KyCakes

Cubarican says:

Sooooo then, she smeared feces on herself?!? :hurl:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey...If you can't commit to the part... :shrug:

KyCakes says:

:facepalm:
    ———————————————————–
    :mad: “I’m going to tell EVERYONE that walks in this building that in apt 2b, Janice Rossi, is nothing but a HOOR” :rofl:

JANICE ROSSI IS A WHOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *buzzes ALL the bells*

:scared: <--Janice Rossi in #2B :dead:

Whooaaaa Kelly needs to chill with that attitude :nono:

• Caramel Rain

snuck out and my ex and I were down the street in the car
    ***********

shoulda just lied about going to the movies with your friend-girls :lol:
    Or had him come over after school before the parents go off of work.. :oops:

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San ah make ya dance

I am watching R&B Divas and Lil mo husband looks homeless

----------
    How you feel about Kelly :tea:

Now Unshakeable, why would a Transgender do that? :huh:

• Caramel Rain

Treasure Island has a 68.00 special if you stay Sun-Thurs for anybody interested in going to Vegas.

• KyCakes

@DTTS Per-FECT emoticon :rofl: :rofl:

*cues PUSH IT* :whistle:
    :party:

• https://www.facebook.com/ChanAndACamera ChanAintShyt

Hi

• KyCakes

Caramel Rain says:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    I bought a 68 and I owe you one... :lol:

#DurtyGirl

• Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq

Morning & chit :waves:

Caramel Rain says:

I will take the kid there to stay, but if'n a man is taking me---We ain't staying at no Treasure Island :no:

:woot: Chan & Esq!

• Cubarican

morning Bomb :hi:

• Who Dat

Sometimes @Miany you gotta take that beat down. I used to just wait on my mama to get her ish together. Normally if a beat down is involved she gotta smoke a Newport first. My azz be sitting right across from her... SILENT. :no:

And my daddy? Lord Jesus he just lecture your azz to DEF...so bad that you WISH he would gone head and beatcho azz! :no:

• http://pearlswindow.com Carrington

So, why weren't the Brown's & Goldman's able to get OJ's wages garnished to get their coins?

• Caramel Rain

KyCakes says:

Caramel Rain says:

—————————————————————–
    I bought a 68 and I owe you one…

#DurtyGirl

******************
    :lol: :lol:

• Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq

DTTS, Baby Mama :hugs:

• Who Dat

*cues PUSH IT*
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THAT is when her asymetrical was at its BEST OKAY? :yahoo:

THAT and the "Tramp" video. That was the FIRST rap song I memorized ALL the words to. ALL. Every last one.

• tipdagemini

TF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana prosecutors have dropped murder and attempted feticide charges against an Indianapolis woman who tried to kill herself by eating rat poison near the end of her pregnancy.

Bei Bei Shuai, 36, was charged in March 2011 with knowingly killing a viable fetus, prosecutors said.

Shuai walked out of Marion County Superior Court in Indianapolis a free woman on Friday after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of criminal recklessness for the death of her newborn daughter, Angel.

She had been released from prison on bond in May 2012. Under the plea agreement, she did not have to serve more jail time.

"I have to say thank you to everyone who supported me before because without them, I'm not going to be able to continue to today," Shuai told reporters in footage posted on the Indianapolis Star website.

Shuai consumed rat poison while 33 weeks' pregnant in December 2010, prosecutors said. She was taken to a hospital where she admitted to attempting to kill herself after her boyfriend left her, according to a police statement.

Shuai's baby girl, Angel Shuai, was born alive, but died a few days after being taken off life support.

Shuai is from China and has no family members in the United States, according to her lawyer, Linda Pence.

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said his office had always been willing to resolve the case for lesser charges. Earlier proposed deals had been rejected by the defense.

Curry said decisions by the trial judge about what could and could not be entered into evidence at the trial played a role in the negotiations.

Carrington, maybe there's different 'rules' when it comes to civil suits :shrug: in different states. Just a guess, maybe Esq can confirm :shrug:

*cues PUSH IT*
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THAT is when her asymetrical was at its BEST OKAY? :yahoo:

THAT and the “Tramp” video. That was the FIRST rap song I memorized ALL the words to. ALL. Every last one.

They were my Sheros!!!! :wail: <--joy!

I am not Feeling Kelly Price tub azz :nono: big bytches like her need to be hit with a chair or something quick.... chicks her size you can't fight fare with ...... #teamthebiggertheyarethehardertheyfall :box: she is out of line

• KyCakes

@Carrington
    Florida Asset Protection Law are illustrated by this article and the reason that OJ Simpson moved his residence to Florida. As a Florida resident he obtained creditor protection by owning a homestead within Florida. Also annuities and pensions are not subject to claims. So despite the tens of millions that he owes the Goldman family for having been found responsible in the death of Ron Goldman he has not paid anything because he has lived off his NFL pension.

• The Master Beta :D

Bomb & Chan :hi:

• Caramel Rain

<--Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Caramel Rain says:

I will take the kid there to stay, but if’n a man is taking me—We ain’t staying at no Treasure Island
    ***************

:huh: going with friend-girls. 27th bday weekend :dance:

#61 That bish will be in prison in her own mind IMB and GOD will handle her :yes:

Have Fun Kenya :woot:

• Dem Babies Mama Da Bombshell Esq

Beta :hi:

#teamthebiggertheyarethehardertheyfall

:fistbump:

No such thing as a fair fight with a big girl :lol:

Esq, did you see the 'potato sack'? :rofl:

Kenya, DO NOT pick up no man there at that hotel, emkay?!?! :eek: #helpful

Chan & LuvLife, your font/opinion is wanted downstairs in the Louis Bardo post :D

• Caramel Rain

what does IMB mean? I mean business?

• http://www.landofpure.net FaylaHasReinstatedBrendenOnTheWhipfinity :whip: BOD(Pending90DayProbationPeriod)

:karate:

bitches that lie on rape make it SO hard on real rape victims :shotsfired:

• tipdagemini

<--Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

#61 That bish will be in prison in her own mind IMB and GOD will handle her

TRUE but if she was black...............nevermind

• Unshakable

Regarding post numma 46:

@DTTS - What transgender? HimShim who? :rofl:

• Caramel Rain

<--Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Kenya, DO NOT pick up no man there at that hotel, emkay?!?! #helpful

***********
    You dont like pirates? :lol:
    where do you suggest? whats wrong with pirates :rofl:

• The Master Beta :D

FaylaHasReinstatedBrendenOnTheWhipfinity :whip: BOD(Pending90DayProbationPeriod) says:

bitches that lie on rape make it SO hard on real rape victims
    ___________________________________

Why did I think of Diamond & Ronnies fight scene from Players club :kona:

• https://www.facebook.com/ChanAndACamera ChanAintShyt

What goin on round chea?

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

:newpost: Morning Wood

• http://santanasantana.wix.com/artist San ah make ya dance

I am not Feeling Kelly Price tub azz big bytches like her need to be hit with a chair or something quick…. chicks her size you can’t fight fare with
    ---------
    Alls fair in love and war :rofl: Yea her attitude threw me off. She was rude as hell. Shouldve said from jump don't yall do ish but come to the meetings when I tell ya, I'll put it all together.

• https://www.facebook.com/ChanAndACamera ChanAintShyt

:newpost: on some dude that dresses funny

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

tipdagemini says:

Exactly. And the fact that she claimed she was out in the cold for days but her body temperature was normal. :coffee:

• http://twitter.com/SayItaIntSoJoe8 Atypical

Hrm. I wonder why she won't just admit she lied? I get it, she was a teenager but she could have literally fcuked up his life. Being labeled a sex offender, the possibility of prision and having to deal with a label that would've followed him around...Forever...I'd sue her too...

Unshakable, I was manufacturing a crisis from your post :lol:
    ===========
    Kenya, in my book & go to the higher end ones :eek:

• lola

:waves: Happy Monday all!

• Twilight

i remember this,didn't one of the officers kill himself after?

• Twilight

i remember when celebrites like Bill Cosby and various artist were rallying for her and defending her. she was even in the video "self distruction"

• heartland

Okay but how did she choose this particular man to blame?? ( the guy who she is paying back the money to) I'm confused !

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Jdore says:

How do they know she lied?

:pc:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

My mind is fuzzy on the details but I remember that she slept at a boy's house and she didn't want her mama to find out. :shrug:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Least she kept up with her dental hyg. while gone.

:rofl: No doubt Tawana would have turned out differently if she had a strong male role presence in her home.

• miamore1973

Can we get a side by side of this Al and the Al that was posted last week??

• ms_no-no

Working long hours as a nurse isn't a joke and I know with the prices of things being what they are now, girlfriend can't afford to be with pieces of a paycheck. She was lying and Mr. Pagones said that he would forgive the debt if she just owned up to it. 400,000 bills is a LOT of money and her great grandchildren will be payin that debt off at the rate that it's going. She just might as well own up to her lie, formulate a very public apology and keep all of her paychecks.