Usher and Tameka Raymond battle it out in court

Usher and Tameka Raymond in court

Singer Usher Raymond smiled as he arrived at Fulton County Courthouse court in Atlanta, Georgia earlier today to face his ex-wife, Tameka Raymond, in a new child custody battle after one of their sons nearly drowned in a swimming pool accident Monday.

Five-year-old Usher Raymond V, aka Cinco, is still recovering at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Hospital, according to the Tameka’s lawyer, Lisa West.

Tameka took the stand this afternoon and said she was concerned there was no pool drain cover installed in the pool as required by law. She said there have been other incidents — in addition to Cinco’s near drowning this week — that prove Usher is a bad dad.

Tameka also expressed concerns that Usher’s aunt, Rena Oden, was incapable of caring for the 2 boys. Cinco almost drowned at Oden’s house on Howell Mill Road in DeKalb County, north of Atlanta.

Usher arrives at court

But Usher’s lawyer defended Oden, calling Usher’s aunt a “hero” and a “wonderful person” who helped raise Usher’s sons since they were born. Usher’s lawyer described Usher as a “wonderful, responsible, and caring parent.”

Usher asked Judge John Goger to dismiss Tameka’s request for custody of their sons, Cinco and Naviyd Ely Raymond, 4.

“This is an accident that could have happened to anyone,” Usher’s lawyer said.

According to a source close to Tameka’s camp who spoke exclusively to Sandrarose.com, Cinco is still in the hospital because Tameka has concerns that he may develop pneumonia from the chlorinated water he inhaled into his lungs.

• fanMAIL: “Judge Shows Bias to News Outlets That Favor Usher in Tameka Raymond’s Emergency Hearing”
  • 911 Audio: Usher’s Oldest Son Nearly Drowns; Youngest Son Naviyd Screams Hysterically, “He’s Faking!”
  • States Continue to Ignore Law That Prevents Pools from Becoming Child Deathtraps
  • Usher’s Ex-Wife Tameka Granted Emergency Hearing; Says She Won’t Leave Sons with Caregivers
  • Photos: INFphoto.com and Hiphopenquirer.com

139 Responses to “Usher and Tameka Raymond battle it out in court”

Believe ME the Judge has decided!

goat76 says:Im confused at tameka,is lil Usher OK Or not??
      —————–
      He skrait. Chilling, watching SpongeBob Marathon.
      ~
      Right Tameka’s word “aint got no worries”

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Oh wow they going in on her SSN
      SHE FINNA GO TO JAIL DIVING ON POOLS :smack:

Diva says:Dis heaux ain’t bit more crimping. Grabbing a tissue and shyt. Bish please
      With the SHOUlDeR shaking . . Like the STANKY leGG

kahmmillion says:

Usher looking like somebody’s old azz uncle.

Where is she going with these questions :tea:

Diva says:

I ain’t sent not one tear! Get that heaux off the stand.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Oh wow they going in on her SSN
      SHE FINNA GO TO JAIL DIVING ON POOLS

I was thinking the same thing :tea:

JD says:

The kids should be with Tameka when he is out of town…point…blank…period. All of these motherless children running around here. The will have some type of complex as an adult. Children need BOTH parents.

Diva says:

I ain’t sent not one tear! Get that heaux off the stand.

She is off the stand :hahaha: what feed you watching sis :rofl:

Sandy Aunt Reena just said she doesn’t live at that house. Why do you keep calling it her house?

JD says:The kids should be with Tameka when he is out of town…point…blank…period.

I AgRee

jeniefrumdabloc says:
      Diva says:
      I ain’t sent not one tear! Get that heaux off the stand.
      She is off the stand what feed you watching sis

~
      the judGE Been told her to get off the DAMN STAND MAAM!

deedeegirl says:

This battle going on hour number two.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Why are they asking about CERTIFIED NANNIES???!!!! I mean :wtf: people can’t watch their own kids or have family do so??
      This is totally pissing me off.

SHOULD parents\new parents have early child development training??

kahmmillion says:

Tameka should have the kids. Don’t see the point in Usher having full custody and then handing his responsibilities off to the nannies or aunties or whoever else he uses.

Diva says:

@ Luvn HLN

Bird says:Meeka lost this case in the like the first 5 minutes of testimony. I’m taking a break and hope it’s over when I get back.
      I concur
      She’s gonna Be pissT OFF!! Mad like nene,JuDGE U DONE DONE ME WRONG!!
      usher’s a CElEb thats Y he won.

kahmmillion says:

From what I understand she has Nannies too :shrugs: they both suck azz :no:

kahmmillion says:

@ MisTaken

Ain’t it a shame when people have kids and refuse to raise them? Hell they need nannies for…there are single moms (and dads) out here raising 4 or 5 kids with no nannies, why can’t the rich?

Diva says: HLN
      ~
      Damn HLN is streaming it :blink: whooh chile nancy AND Jane are waiting to talk bout this!

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

SHOULD parents\new parents have early child development training??
      ——

Usher looks..older in that pic..

well i’m finna go make this rotel dip for us to eat post surgery. yall pls pray all goes well for mista fayfay. i shall report back :pray:

:peace:

The AJC says Usher was “at work” 5 minutes away from his aunt’s house when the boys nearly drowned. Does the AJC know Usher doesn’t work? Y’all didn’t hear this from me but, according to a source, Usher V has “slight motor deficits” from brain hypoxia due to temporary lack of oxygen while he was underwater. This has not been confirmed. So please don’t quote me.

JD says:
      ^^ I feel like this should be the case for ALL families.. if both parents want em and NEITHER are abusive/insane. shiiiiid his sperm her egg- SPLIT custody in the middle….

deedeegirl says:

Does anybody know just what type of custody she has? She’s saying she has no control over the kids. I have 100% physical and legal custody of my son, my ex husband has none and he has NO visitation rights so I don’t have to ask his behind one damn thing, nor do I have to inform him of anything, so that is why I am wondering. If that is the type of custody she has, he really does not have to tell her anything. Not saying that he shouldn’t, but he legally don’t have to if that is the case. Again, what is in the PSYCH REPORT TAMEKA?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

SHOULD parents\new parents have early child development training??
      ——
      ~
      That Must be some new schOOl thang,I had NO early developement training,parenting\mothering came like 1st nature :shrug:

goat76 says:

I can understand why Usher or any celeb has nannies.

kahmmillion says:

@ jeniefrumdabloc

Just ridic. Why even have kids…. Kids do the darnedest things and sometimes it happens once in a lifetime and the nanny is the one that’s there to witness it and not the parents. SMH.

FaylaHasReinstatedBrendenOnTheWhipfinity :whip: BOD(Pending90DayProbationPeriod) says:

Usher looks..older in that pic..

Will do :hug:

flsun99 says:

Aunt Reena got her hair layed hunni!

She back on the stand :lol:

@SANDRA
      I believe it,the child was under water for two Whole minutes,Meka Confirmed it on tHe stand that he isnt doing well.
      I JUST
      Dont GET
      Why she was saying how good he was doing on twitter :tea:

goat76 says:

——————————–
      Heard he was at the studio, working.

Miany says:

SHOULD parents\new parents have early child development training??
      ^^ yup they teach bisshes how to breathe during LABOR. Shiiiid child rearing take way longer than labor sooooooooooo yea. teach folk a lil somethin somethin…this aint no new ‘toy’ they bringin home.

kahmmillion says:

@ Sandra Rose says:

:lol: You slay me, Sandy.

deedeegirl says:

What’s ridiculous is Tameka’s fake crying!

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

So she immediately closes and tools her eyes when the defense attorney comes up
      Oh Tameka :lol:

jeniefrumdabloc says:She back on the stand
      :facepalm:
      Yes sHe is

Miany says:SHOULD parents\new parents have early child development training??
      I suppose I fell short oh well,Kicks rocks :shrug:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

This lawyer just said don’t ask Tsmeka about the police report because its hear say

Miany says:

:pray: Jesus please cover Mr. Fay. We pray as he goes in for his procedure that everything is completed without any complications. amen.

You DOnt Know anything right?? :lol:

Ty says:

WTH is a certified nanny :shrug: Every parent should have CPR training plus the nanny so why do they need to be certified? To teach colors and pull out the clay people, and change the pull ups :shrug:

kahmmillion says:

The funny part about this whole situation is if they just act like adults and talk they could work it out. All they are doing is making the sprits richer.

luVn_liFe… says:

Miany says:SHOULD parents\new parents have early child development training??
      I suppose I fell short oh well,Kicks rocks

My mother was my early child development teacher :shrugs:

Meka Said he was UNDER water for three minuTes :shock:

kahmmillion says:

@ jeniefrumdabloc says:

luVn_liFe… says:
      Miany says:SHOULD parents\new parents have early child development training??
      I suppose I fell short oh well,Kicks rocks
      My mother was my early child development teacher :shrugs:

________________________

I know that’s right!

Aryanna says:

Sad situation for the kids. Why cant they just have joint custody? I forgot what Tameka did for her to lose custody anyway. Evidently it was something that would make a judge take her kids from her. So imma need her not to act like she is a better parent just because this incident happened.

Chile Tameeka :facepalm: Lawd have mercy

Because U DONT KNOW,DO YOU???? :huh:

Usher looking like somebody’s old azz uncle.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      He caught that old gene from rubbing up against Grace’s elderly self at night.

Heffa so old her driver’s license a hand painted picture I told yall.

jeniefrumdabloc says:Chile Tameeka Lawd have mercy

jealousCNenvy says:

GIVE HER HER KIDS BACK….SMH. It was ridiculous to begin with. I never heard of a judge granting custody to a “father” unless the mom is on drugs or a alcoholic. Usher has money and thats the only reason why they with him….shame on our judicial system.

You mean will stick ya bird in btychs like this and impregnate this type more than once :hahaha: :rofl: :rofl:

@Jenie, Luvn, Kahmmillion,…
      You ladies didn’t need it cuz you had common sense and guidance from good mothers…
      YT trash (see some teen mom girls), Hood boogers, and everyone else on DCF roster<~~~~~ it would help em a lil to have this shiii
      Me personally I could have a litter of babies right now and we gone be just fine cuz I do this shiiiii but, I'm not gone say they shouldn't offer the classes for those chicks

goat76 says:

Heard he was at the studio, working.

There is a studio that all the celebrities use on Northside drive, not far from that house on Howell Mill. The lawyer says the house is rented. Usher lives in Alpharetta. So who is he renting the house for? His aunt?

Usher looking like somebody’s old azz uncle.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      He caught that old gene from rubbing up against Grace’s elderly self at night.
      Heffa so old her driver’s license a hand painted picture I told yall.

:rofl: :rofl:

Ty says:

I knew something was up poor baby :pray:

@Jenie, Luvn, Kahmmillion,…

You raise a very valid point :yes: :thumbsup:

Here goes URSH on the Stand

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

SOOO basically she wanted her to be at two places at the same time? Auntie was hauling azz to be able to runn run from the pool down the stairs and back to the pool AAAND the kid gets rescued in 3 MINUTES? She did what I would have done. Those drains are strong she had commons sense to go get help!

They both suck azz :no: damn

goat76 says:

goat76 says:
      Heard he was at the studio, working.
      ———————–
      They said on the news that the accident happened at his Aunt’s house. So I guess he is renting it for her.

Ursh sounds like he’s trying to come up with lies :facepalm:

Diva says:

What’s ridiculous is Tameka’s fake crying!

by deedeegirl on Aug 9, 2013 at 3:50 pm
      ————–
      You ain’t lying!

WUT SED "GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!" says:

He sounds cool and rehearsed!

Usher and that untamed rug on his head :no:

WUT SED “GET FIRE ON DEM BISHES!” says: Those drains are strong she had commons sense to go get help!

~
      She shoulda known where the pOOl pump is and how to Operate it,BOTTOMLINE.
      I have a POOl,My hubby made me learn the pool pump :rolleyes: i was annoyed,He knew it and SAID MAN this is a POOL 40K gals of water ANYTHING CAN happen,U need to know how to operate this!

:oops: <– ME mmkay :ashamed:

DAmn I gotta do this log me in Meeting :rolleyes:

DAMMIT bb

Gigi26 says:

These two :no: If they aren’t careful, God will take both of these kids from the both of them.

Tameka needs to chill. Usher needs to better parent.

They are both failing as parents. And Tameka instagramming a pic of Cinco, was un fukkin necessary bytch. Focus on the wellness of your kid before trying that shyt.

Can’t teach an ole dog new tricks. Bytch we are hip to your game. Obviously you saw something in Usher that you left your husband for :tea:

I know her ex-husband is like to Usher “Welp, that’s your prollem bruh” SMH

Miany says:

Meka wrong for using that tape against the auntie…god dont like ugly TAMEKA>…. u know dayum well Nativity was crying and acting a fool on that 911 tape cuz he was scared.. 911 got there fast enough to save yo boys life so OBVIOUSLY auntie controlled the situation well enough….

brother was in the hospital almost 3 weeks and my momma WOULD NOT leave the hospital to wash her azz unless ME OR MY SISTER was in there with him… these fools left the baby who JUST damn near DROWNED in the hospital to fight :facepalm:

WTH is a certified nanny
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Elin Woods

luVn_liFe… says:

Meka Said he was UNDER water for three minuTes

Then he definitely has some motor deficits. Poor kid. He is young and his brain is still growing and making new connections. So, hopefully with some rehab, he will regain his full motor skills. :no:

See this is what I can’t understand :shrugs: that bullshyt

Ty says:

WTH is a certified nanny
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Elin Woods
      :dead: :ghost:

Jesus to the motor deficits :sad:

anw_rootbeer says:

Jesus to the motor deficits
      ——————————–

I know her ex-husband
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Which one? She has been married thrice right?

Miany says:

the devil is a liar…that boy has NOOOOO deficiencies cuz a scientist can say whatever BUUUUT GOD is way louder and GOD said the baby gone be ok.

Its sad if he does have some as a result of the accident. Praying for this young man. And for these grown folks to have a seat. Now is not the time for this ish.

lyric says:

I do not like Tameka point blank period. I’m not an Usher fan at all either but this chick up there fake crying tryna look all long in tha face. Both of them need to be worried about their kids not worrying about tryna get money and fifth sak’s credit accounts or not paying child support. Take care of yo babies and get yo life right.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      PRAYER. I just said that too. I am so hopeful Lord.

Miany says:

She shoulda known where the pOOl pump is and how to Operate it,BOTTOMLINE.
      I have a POOl,My hubby made me learn the pool pump i was annoyed,He knew it and SAID MAN this is a POOL 40K gals of water ANYTHING CAN happen,U need to know how to operate this!
      ^^ U just taught me something..this is good shiii folk may not know this…. I’m dayum sure asking property manager to teach me how to operate ours… BET his azz wont like it but he gone teach me :tea:

This is straight of foolishness, I am sorry this bickering back and fourth and emmy performances is for the damn birds when they both should be by that child’s side ret nahhhhh :mad: some folks just ugh !

Miany says:

^^ if that baby does possibly have brain damage and Meka filed papers as opposed to being at the hospital…..uggh I’ve been ridin for her cuz I dont think sane mothers should lose ALL custody but…dayum if this true I’m done with her for real.

Miany says:

She shoulda known where the pOOl pump is and how to Operate it,BOTTOMLINE.

Ya’ll have a pool monitor ? :tea:

kahmmillion says:

If the shoe was on the other foot, Usher would’ve been in court trying to take the babies from Tameka too. I have no doubt in my mind. The judicial system is in place for the rich.

WTH is a certified nanny
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Elin Woods
      Right TIGER AINT GOT NO worries with his :lol:
      BE QUITE DUBB :chase:

ArabianNights says:

Is anyone else watching the trial? Wow…usher sounds like a control freak. I actually feel bad for Tameka. I think he has control issues.

Oh BOY the JUDGE is getting pissed,he is letting tameka’s atty KNow,PLEASE ADDRESS UR EMERGENCY!
      What ur saying is NOT AN EMERGENCY<nor does it pertain or relate!!
      PLZ GET The Hayle ON!!

:blink:

:popcorn: that judge getting bout tired of this shyt :lol:

Ty says:

They both have issues :smack: He should’ve stayed with Chili so all he had to worry about was her baby hair and brown gel

If Usher’s attorney says one moo gaine
      I ask that this motion be dismissed,Ima LOOSE MY MIND ala DMX!

:mad:

ArabianNights says:

I don’t think she’s going to get emergency custody. Although, I think when they have a normal trial to modify custody, she will probably get primary custody.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

————–
      OMG. :hahaha:

:shock:

its a wrap,JuDge is Pissed.He told meka’s attorneY U Know ur wrong! YOU KNOW THAT!

ArabianNights says:

Ty says:

++++++++++

lolol. Thank you for that laugh.

Ty says:

:cosign: they both full of shyt damn :no:

Miany says:

@JENIE>.. no pool monitor just a property manager. I know HE KNOW how to use that pool pump, he better not tell me I dont need to learn it. :tea:

ArabianNights says:
      ^^ I cant watch.. tell me. what are you hearing that makes you feel he’s freakishly controlling???

There you have it :shrugs:

HeRE GOES!!! Judge is speaking and bout to rule;He said he is impressed with AUNT RENA
      and Meka’s standards as a caregiver are rather high
      da fugg wrong with u thanking a grandmother or aunt cant properly care
      DENIED!!!!!!
      DISMISSED!

SouthernPrincess says:

i doubt Tameka left the hospital to file court papers. Thats what lawyers are for. Usher got custody of those kids because of his celebrity

flsun99 says:

Motion denied!

You know its a damn shame they have to go through all of this :no:

Awwh Usher went over to hug Meka

ArabianNights says:

I feel so bad for those babies. Why can’t two adults come together and do what’s best for the little people who didn’t ask to be born. Just really sad.

goat76 says:

They hugged. I thought they would be throwing blows.

luVn_liFe… says:

Awwh Usher went over to hug Meka

I saw that shyt :rolleyes:

Ty says:

We all say that coming :rolleyes: It could’ve happened on anybody’s watch but he needs to get that drain covered like yesterday!!!!

I Run New York says:

WOW Usher gave Tameka a hug after she lost the case. Hopefully, this is a sign that things will be better between them for the sake of the kids.

goat76 says:

They hugged. I thought they would be throwing blows.

Dude wouldn’t even glance at her in the beginning not even flinch :lol:

SouthernPrincess says:
      ^^I agree if she aint crazy or abusive, he got em cuz he rich…but in all fairness, SHE LEFT THE HOSPITAL TO ATTEND THE HEARING THO….I just said mine wouldn’t have left. I aint expecting ERREBODY mamma to be on my moms standards tho :tea:

Usher’s talking to all Meka’s council.
      AS EMOTIONAL and upset as Tameka was Im surprised she aint fall out roll around and catch the holy ghost and throw herself on the mercy of the court for cinco
      :rolleyes:

deedeegirl says:

goat76 says:They hugged. I thought they would be throwing blows.
      ~
      NO Usher went over to her,She was surprised to see Usher tapping on her shoulder,
      she Looked like she woulda punched him in the nose had it NOT have been for the courtroom

***mumbles under breath*** this typa shii why I cant eva be shiii

:huh: BULLLSHYTTT!! yall saw em hug????
      they hugged for whatever reason but dont mean shii BOTH they crazy azzes coulda/shoulda and woulda hugged it out b4 the papers were filed…if they had sense :facepalm: yall can stomach each other enough to make physical contact BUT CANT manage to have a few mins phone convo bout who get the boys on what day???

the JUDGE TOlD tameka EVERYBODY doesnt need to be certified in any particulars to care for a child . . .
      Great grand mothers,Mothers,aunt and family members alike aRe NOT CERTIFIED but Qualified
      :tea:

goat76 says:

luVn_liFe… says:

goat76 says:They hugged. I thought they would be throwing blows.
      ———————
      Yeah I saw that.

deedeegirl says:

:shocked: My goodness, I finally have a face.

luVn_liFe… says:
      Usher’s talking to all Meka’s council.

^^ Meeka just tried to get the boys back, she knew she was gone lose…Usher talkin to her lawyers cuz his crazy azz pays em :tea:
      the fact that she didnt 1. punch Usher in the nose or 2. fall out on the floor PROVES she a fake crazy…. Real life crazy woulda been if she went inthere fully expecting to win the case…

deedeegirl says:Well she tried it. I would have tried it too. Sorry Tameka, you gone’ have to keep your day job. for now.
      ~
      :hahaha: lol Yes she is,TameKa better stop trying to run to court for every little thing trying to get that meal ticket secured.
      Her a.s.s gonna be like Siohgshvaugeekthn Funchess out in front of the Atlanta courthouse
      HOMELess FOR REAL!

she a fake crazy…. Real life crazy woulda been if she went in there fully expecting to win the case…
      MIANY u CRACK ME UP!!! But ur so right! :hahaha:

Meka DONT FUGGEd UP Nahh,That house bout to be solD,Then what she gonna DO?

ohpretty1 says:

Case dismissed…

ShoYaRight says:

I have a problem with Aunt Rena. Why did it take her and the housekeeper to run down to the basement? One should have stayed with the kids. Those kids were alone while the two adults went running for help. What would have happened had those AV people not been there? The boy would have likely drowned.

Two, why you by the pool, can’t swim and don’t have a cell phone with you?

Third, you got a bad back, can’t work…yet you saying you can run and keep up with a 4 and 5 year old? And you can lift them at times?

The devil is a LIAR!

It’s clear the judge wasn’t very open to changing shyt today. He indulged Meka’s request for the hearing but that’s it. Meka’s blonde lawyer was pretty decent. She held her own. And the black male lawyer gave a nice summary at the end. I appreciated him pleading on her behalf. They needed a shark though. They need Tom Messirou or Chris Brown lawyer.

Oh well. Money and celebrity talks. Nothing new learned there.

anw_rootbeer says:

ShoYaRight says:

———————–
      Maybe they paniced!! Who really thinks clear in a situation like this! IJS…Totally agree with everything else

anw_rootbeer says:

***mumbles under breath*** this typa shii why I cant eva be shiii

BULLLSHYTTT!! yall saw em hug????
      they hugged for whatever reason but dont mean shii BOTH they crazy azzes coulda/shoulda and woulda hugged it out b4 the papers were filed…if they had sense yall can stomach each other enough to make physical contact BUT CANT manage to have a few mins phone convo bout who get the boys on what day???
      ————————-
      ALL KINDA CRAZY

Twilight says:

Question @Sandra do you know why Tameka doesnt have custody of her other children after the divorce from her last husband?

Anna says:

When I saw the hug, I changed my mind about them. What happened was not on each of their watch, yet does not give them a pass. I think they still love each other, but don’t know how to figure it out.