Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson

Michael Jordan is having a hard time dealing with the fact that his only daughter, Jasmine Jordan, might be a lesbian.

According to The National Enquirer, Jordan asked Earvin “Magic” Johnson for advice after Jasmine revealed what side of the closet door she stood on in a series of posts on Instagram.com.

Magic reportedly advised Jordan to “just love her and to let her know that she owes it to herself to be 100 percent genuine and to live her life to the fullest.”

Both sports legends have children who are homosexual. Magic’s cross dressing son, EJ Johnson, came screaming out of the closet earlier this year.

Jordan is reportedly impressed with Magic’s handling of the personal crisis that hit his family when EJ hit the streets wearing spandex and boa feathers.

Jasmone Jordan and Carmen Tyson Thomas

“Michael is having mixed emotions that his only daughter could be gay,” an insider revealed. “Michael loves all of his kids unconditionally, but he was shocked to find out about Jasmine. He never saw it coming.

“Michael and (his ex-wife) Juanita are both at a loss, and they’re concerned about how this will affect Jasmine’s future.”

A junior at Syracuse University, Jasmine recently posted pictures of herself and Carmen Tyson-Thom¬as, a former Syracuse basketball player rumored to be her girlfriend, on Instagram, saying: “This little closet is holding me back.”

The former Chicago Bull, 50, also has two grown sons from his marriage to Juanita. But Michael, who wed model Yvette Prieto in April, admitted to Magic that he had always looked forward to walking Jasmine down the aisle one day and to seeing her have children.
“Magic told him all of those things can still happen for Jasmine,” the insider added. “It just might not be with a man.”

• Magic Johnson’s son goes public with his boyfriend
  • Michael Jordan’s Daughter Comes Out of the Closet
  • Magic Johnson Urges Gay Son to Say No to Reality TV
  • Magic Johnson Opens Up About Gay Son: “I Love Him So Much”

97 Responses to “Devastated Michael Jordan asks Magic Johnson for advice on dealing with lesbian daughter”

The Master Beta :D says:

:applause: *really rubbing hands like Baby

Gigi26 says:

:rofl: Well Mike you didn’t really present the wholesom of a hetero marriage to your daughter so… :shrugs:

And love your kid no matter what. But maybe shorty was the victim of a lesbo target aka “A turn out”

:tea:

Honycoatd says:

One has a gay son and the other a lesbian daughter. Gays and Lesbians are not the same or Am I wrong?

Just love them close or from a distance.

Gigi26 says:

*wholesome image of a hetero marriage, fukk :lol:

cougar lover says:

aint college the place were some folks experiment. instagram just magnifying it. maybe that gf really is a lesbo, and is taking advantage of MJ’s daughter because of her being vulnerable, and who her pops is :think:

Gigi26 says:

Jasmine is a pretty girl, she’ll be fine…I think.

#NoMontanaFishburnepimpleasshots

MissHarlem says:

I thought I was gonna read a direct quote from Mike :smack: silly me

*giggles in hand* When will parents learn. :tea:

Zoe B. says:

National Enquirer as the source Sandy? Slow news day? Here I’ll perk up your day :buttshake:

deedeegirl says:

I would be devastated too but i’m sure his antics didn’t help at all.

Honycoatd says:

College is the place many experiment. But at some point don’t you make the decision to identify as lesbian or not. Maybe she likes scissoring alot so why change?

SOTHERNGRL says:

Just show them love and affection. the same way you would any other child. It may not be what you want but if they are happy and healty so be it.

The Master Beta :D says:

Ion trust shyt The National Enquirer post :nono:

just love HER and to let HER know that SHE owes it to HERSELF to be 100 percent genuine and to live HER life to the fullest.”

Bold emphasis mine. :tea:

silly me
      _________

*disolves in a fit of giggles*

Shuga Honey says:

why would a parent be devasted about what kind of sex their child has?

as long as its safe and consensual who would even be concerned with that?

:shrugs:

goat76 says:

Shoulda never let her play basketball.

Gigi26 says:

My momma told me if I were a lesbian she would be hurt and didn’t know if she would be able to accept it. My father I know for FACT wouldn’t accept it either. Parents are humans too.

goat76 says:

Shuga Honey says:

why would a parent be devasted about what kind of sex their child has?
      as long as its safe and consensual who would even be concerned with that?
      ————————
      Would break my heart for my son to be gay. Not saying I wouldn’t love him.

Honycoatd says:

I would be devastated to some point. I want grandchildren from all my babies, I think.

Shuga Honey says:

so do ppl really believe that when the internet finds out is also when the parents find out :facepalm:

Madre de dios!

WELP,
      Lemme Just say UNtil it’s ur Daughter or Son. You may never understand the devastating feeling ofr where did I fall short
      :tea:

She’s female and college age. This is pretty much to be expected. :shrugs:

She is a sexy lil thing tho. Give her time. She will be :blow: in no time.

I mean, if Antoine can change…

Honycoatd says:

Sadly alot of caribbean parents are not forgiving when it comes to their children sexuality. Maybe it is because they have no control over it. If there child is a thief, they would just not leave valuables around him or her but if they are gay/ lesbian what can they do but not allow them in their home, nothing to take away from them but your attention/ love/ support.

Gigi26 says:

why would a parent be devasted about what kind of sex their child has?

as long as its safe and consensual who would even be concerned with that?
      ——————————————————–

Ahhh I know if my siblings were to come out as Gay I would be sad for a lil bit cuz the life they would be subjected to is the life that would be harder than the one they already have (BEING NEGRO). That’s just my take on it though.

Yes you can be that’s what you do behind closed doors. But does anyone think about when they go out to dinner with their sig other, or if they want to be in public like hetero couples? Or lets say..travel to the Caribbean (ie, Jamaica) where they cannot show affection to each other or risk being killed. It’s a lot.

It’s more about the worry about society than what they actually do. At least from my standpoint.

@GOAT
      “why would a parent be devasted about what kind of sex their child has?
      as long as its safe and consensual who would even be concerned with that?
      ————————
      Would break my heart for my son to be gay. Not saying I wouldn’t love him.”
      _______
      Any straight man that says he wouldnt be disappointed to have a gay is a lie and dont believe chit else they say.

Gigi26 says:

@Hony :hugs: you got that right, my mother is West Indan and my pops is African. That’s hell that I would face if I were a lesbian and wanted to live out.

Magic got his own lesbun daughter DerekEJ to worry about! Mike and Nita best do what they can on their own. Shyt

Shuga Honey says:

Honycoatd says:

1-being gay doesnt stop your reproductive organs from working. they can have kids if they want to.

2-magic and mj both have other children who are straight. one monkey dont stop no show. most of us have a gay aunt or uncle and it dam sure didnt stop us from having a gang of cousins

3-not all straight ppl will have, want to have or can have children.

devastation is a pretty strong emotion that i would reserve for things more serious that what kind of sex my kids have. like for instance, my house burning down…..but thats just me. i dont see the offense in homosexuality. what makes it soooo bad? :shrugs:

cougar lover says:

—————————–

this made me laugh. then i thought of this….

Kid- hey parents they letting us out for holiday early

parents- so you staying on campus

kid- nah i was coming home for thanksgiving

parents- nah you good

kid- whaaat??? whyyy?

parents- cuz gay!!

kid- :(

Honycoatd says:

Homosexuality is not accepted in my family. Point Blank. Period.

I don’t have a gay or lesbian Aunt or Uncle… and honestly speaking, I don’t know a gay or lesbian person in my family. A handful chicas will engage in sexual activities but to say gay… will not happen in my family… at least not while we have the traditions we do.

We aint goin say nothin bout them shorts Magic
      got on???
      :blink:
      :hurl:

Cougar… Just about. lol.

My family are true traditionalist with values at times that are hard to meet.

Many different religions but they all can fight about things but they will agree that homosexuality is wrong.

Shuga Honey says:

:lol: @ Cougar.

imagine if my father said no you cant come home cuz you suck dyck

because truth be told most straight women do all of the same exact things that most gay men do during sex. so wtf is the big deal?

its just sex. :rolleyes:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

goat76 says:
      Shoulda never let her play basketball.
      :ghost: she out there :bball: wit them bulldaggers

anw_rootbeer says:

all the girl bball players in high school were playing for both teams. some still are, some have chose 1 side. live young, live free

cougar lover says:

:D

gypsyeyes says:

So…we just say fugg the fact that this story comes from the National Inquirer huh…Well gotta go cause the aliens are coming tonight and we are having dinner with Elvis and Tupac and put the 150lb baby to sleep and watch a movie with the bearded lady…

Brownskin Cutie says:

Hmmmmmmmmmm…… your kid is gay, my kids is gay. What to do? Shut up sat down somewhere!!! Love them and let EJ wear his Chanel bags…

Honycoatd says:

Homosexuality is a choosing game to me. Some choose for them selves and others the choice are made for them until they can choose for themselves.

KyCakes says:

@Man you know nair shorts were par for the course back then….everyone was wearing dukes…

I played basketball and I love dack. I mean absolutely with all dat I IS!

why would a parent be devasted about what kind of sex their child has?

as long as its safe and consensual who would even be concerned with that

Cause control. :eek:

Parents wrongly see their children as themselves instead of just an extension of their gene pool.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

EJ Antoinette is bringing all the gay out the closet. When he busted out the closet with his on lean industrial strength studded booties it was :warning: a bat signal to all the athletes kids to come out. I expect Larry Bird, Karl Malone and Charles Barkley’s to come out next. If they have kids :eek:

GypsyLady,

How are the girls and big man? and you btw?

KyCakes says:

gypsyeyes says:

———————————————————————
      I give the National Enquirer a lot more credit since they were the ones who broke the John Edwards/Rielle Hunter cheating scandal….

Just skip over the stories about ‘Bat Boy’ :tea:

:lol: Missed you, Marrrryyyy. :hug:

The Pearl! says:

:waves: Hey, Ya’ll! @Shuga, do you have children? I think what GiGi said gives a good answer to your question: “what’s the big deal? It’s just sex.” And even gay folks will say, don’t just see me for the sexual act(s) I perform. I’m an entire human being. That being said, I think most parents consider much more than the type of sex their gay child is having when they say they are disappointed. Their child will catch pure hell in society.

I agree Inside.

I guess too many expectations… commonly a human fault.

gypsyeyes says:

We are all good Hony, thanks for asking.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:hi: Hony. I think you were MIA by the time I was actively posting. We won’t speak of when I lurked :lol:

by anw_rootbeer on Sep 18, 2013 at 2:54 pm
      Somethinf bout that basketball…

* Kicks OTBness with my booties*

Why can’t I be Shirley? Cute and Bubbley. Mary makes not the cut.

Shuga Honey says:

Honycoatd says:

as Man so eloquently said earlier, “So!”

i dont care if they say it was a choice or if they say they were born that way. what kind of sex your children grow up to have is not a parents concern.

thats some reverse oedipus shyt (in my opinion).

Their child will catch pure hell in society.
      _________

Re: disappointment

Read this sentiment often and I only believe it half the time I read it. Its most often that ppl are afraid of the shame that itll bring to themselves cause the OUT gay kid couldnt care less. Def not enough to stop being out.

Gypsy,

Did he graduate yet?

gypsyeyes says:

I see that some people do want to experiment with the opposite sex but I don’t think that gay is a choice. When you think about the scrutiny and pain that some people have to endure I can’t see them doing it if that wasnt who they truly were. I have gays around in and out my family.Hell I had to tell my mama my aunt was a lesbian when I was 8 cause they just didn’t know but da chiddddd…I knew and I was eager to tell it!

Gigi26 says:

Everyone is cool with it until your kid turns out to be the next Matthew Shepard. Cuz that shyt still goes on in the good ole USA.

Honycoatd says:

Mistaken Identity… Hi hun. I am not too familiar but its great to meet you. Welcome to the jungle. :hug:

You can be whoever you like. :lol: I just thought Mary fit betta cause you said there were no gays in that HUGE ass family of yours. *knee slap* :eek:

Brownskin Cutie says:

@TAken, Karl Malone has kids and even has has one he doesn’t claim or acknowledge. I know his daughter plays in the WNBA

VDot says:

:lol: I bet Ej and MJ’s kids switched clothes from their in the closet days.

Mjs offspring: Take these boots, these leather leggings, this boa, this mu-mu, these panties. #teamthis

EJ: take these boxers, thongs only on these cheeks, these basketball shorts (I only chase balls), these sneakers, and this jock strap “teamthis

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:offtopic:
      @Gyp and whoever else this might apply to. I have had different people tell me and my husband on separate occasions that we have Indigo children. One time my husband was speaking with a client and she told him. She was an older lady. I have had 2 tell me. One was a man who is now a Buddhist or rather he practices mediation, harmony and peace…… The other was an old lady who used to watch my Taken8.
      What do you guys think and do you believe it in? I do but not so much about my kids. My husband said it scares him that people keep saying it because often kids who have these gifts die early or have unhappy lives.
      Think Eve’s Bayou :eek:

KayCeiSoul says:

*****************************

No Ma’am. EJ came roller skating out that bish with oversized neon sunglasses, hotpants, and glowsticks. :coffee:

VDot says:

****************

:thinking: *church fanga* nevermind

:waves:

Shuga Honey says:

yes i have children.

i have a son and i have a daughter.

of all the things i worry about with regard to parenting them, the way in which they will eventually “buss it wide” is just not an issue to me.

as long as its safe and as long as its consensual….do you, boo. just pay your bills on time, be an active and informed voter, become educated and gainfully employed and dont put me in no nursing home and let them folks beat on me.

Gigi26 says:

Ummm whats Indigo children @Taken?

Honycoatd says:

There isn’t. lol. I don’t see anyone that is gay. I think my female cousins/ sisters stories are exciting and it fits them but I dont see any boyish girls or girlish boys so and we believe in fuqqing the natural way and multiplying.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Indigo children: Indigo children is a pseudo-scientific label given to children who are claimed to possess special, unusual and/or supernatural traits or abilities

Basically when people tell you “this heffa been here before she knows/sees stuff” :eek:

The Pearl! says:

Re: disappointment

****
      but isn’t the concern about what society, the church, the family will think the very reason so many people are in the closet to begin with? The pressure to live for others is what has kept so many men on the DL if I’m not mistaken(?)

Cool with what? Your kid being gay?

If ppl stop looking at gays as others or that they are making a choice, future generations can look past what may be abnormal to them.

Matthew S…couldnt something like that have been avoided if those killers didnt target him JUST because he was gay?

Smonae says:

Everybody entitled to their opinions and beliefs :shrugs:

**** I’m straight so natuarally I would want my baby to grow up, marry and have babies. But if it didnt happen that way I would be hurt maybe even devastated. I wouldnt let my kid kno it tho. I would continue to love & support her.

BCinKS says:

——————–
      Nobody CHOOSES to be gay. They may CHOOSE to have a gay sexual encounter, but nobody CHOOSES to have romantic feelings for the same sex. That’s like saying people CHOOSE to be bipolar or have dementia. The brain does what the brain does.

Furthermore, being devasted at anything your child does that doesn’t bring harm or death to anybody should make you re-evaluate why you had kids in the first place. If you’re going to stop loving your son because he’s gay, you missed the parenting lesson on “unconditional love”. :coffee:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Brownskin Cutie says:
      yea I remember hearing about her. she was PIST with him.

What do you guys think and do you believe it in?
      ________

I have an indigo. Ppl say at least.

:) Do you believe in reincarnation?

KayCeiSoul says:

Just skip over the stories about ‘Bat Boy’

_________________________________

:rofl: I CAIN’T!! :rofl:

A bought a WHOLE MAGAZINE devoted to BatBoy! I was so tickled by THAT dumb -ish. :yes:

Honycoatd says:

Mistaken Identity… Well technically our children belongs to the world and not us. A gift is a gift. Just have to let them be skillful. Some do die young but it is because they have fulfilled their purpose.

+1 We had this discussion.. I came in here VERY upset that I was the only parent who hadnt been praying the gay away. :lol:

:| <— Me. I had done covered everythang cept the gay! :facepalm: #derelict

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Gigi26 says:
      Ummm whats Indigo children @Taken?
      :lol: I posted what it meant right after my question. I didn’t know either until 3 people randomly said it to me then my husband. Its weird. Kinda like when you go to church or encounter a preacher, pastor or prophet and they speak truth about you and they have never met you? We have had people come up to us and tell us that one (or more) of our children have a gift that we must nurture and that they see and know things that normal children do not. Crazy huh? No? Just dumb.. okay :kona:

Gone Kay!!! :hahaha:

Shuga Honey says:

Gigi26 says:

same could apply to nerdy children who have been known to take hella ass whoopins. again, one monkey dont stop no show. i would never expect or demand my kids to live in a stuffy ass closet or be phony just so some a-hole wont beat them to death. if anything i would enroll them in professional windmilling classes.

fugg that!

dont put me in no nursing home and let them folks beat on me.
      ~
      ~
      :hahaha: :newpost: on Bey\JAY :newpost:

Gigi26 says:

@Taken :eek: OH.

Well I think my youngest brother is an indigo. But ahh, whenever the good ole Lord says its time to go is when its time. Whether it be 15, 21, or 51. :yes:

Honycoatd says:

We all grow up differently. My different is just that. MINE. I go by my values, traditions and the word.

The Pearl! says:

Shuga Honey:

****
      This is an interesting concept. I guess what I’m saying re: society is that as long as society cares, your children could possibly be target(s) of hate crimes, etc. As a parent, I guess I’d worry for that reason if no other.

“unconditional love”.
      _________

Seen it maybe once or twice in life. :heart:

Yes. Thats what im getting at when i say we teach our children to keep hating by not accepting their truths.

Honycoatd says:

Who should unconditional love belong to though….?

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I have an indigo. Ppl say at least.
      :) Do you believe in reincarnation?
      I can’t go all the way with reincarnation which is why I struggle with Indigo. I can’t reconcile reincarnation with God 100%…. But at the same time I do think that the physical body is what dies but not the spirit or the soul. That resides in paradise in the Upper Room. Unless you :evil: then you just die or come back as a roach. I wonder if that’s what happened to FLAV?

gypsyeyes says:

I hear ppl say that a lot about kids being here but actual believing in it and thinking that my kids have that “gift” no maam. I just can’t for myself believe in the likes of that talk and believe in God. I don’t do astrology/numerology for that reason also. But that is just me I don’t knock anyone else’s beliefs. I don’t like for anyone to speak anything over my children or myself. that talk starts and I will shut that convo down. Just my honest take on it.

Smonae says:

:wtf: Cant nobody say sh*t about how another muthaphucka should feel when it comes to their kids, sh*t it is what it is.

Smonae says:

Ion think no one on here said they wouldnt continue to love their kid

Shuga Honey says:

Smonae says:

i dont think anyone did :thinking:

if so, please copy and paste it for review

Shuga Honey says:

The Pearl! says:

your child can be the target of hate crime for having red hair and freckles. a hateful mofo is going to find a reason so we all may as well live our lives regardless.

but living in nyc, my society for the most part is cool with it.

as said earlier by gigi and hony, its cultural/religious teachings that make some ppl think gay is unacceptable. my family is not influenced by either of those things. im american and not at all religious.

Smonae says:

Shuga just read the comments like I did hun :coffee:

Atypical says:

MJ better be glad his daughter likes fish patties and not stealing ****. Or walking into a a crowd of people and just shooting people. Be grateful your child isnt embarrassing you like that. There’s a lot worse things your kid can be than gay…

Shuga Honey says:

Smonae says:

Shuga just read the comments like I did hun

why cant you just be specific, woman! :cuss: