Little Miss Hispanic Stripped of Title Because She’s Not Latin Enough

Little Miss Hispanic Jakiyah McCoy

Delaware’s 7-year-old Little Miss Hispanic is devastated that she was stripped of her title because she’s not Hispanic enough.

After winning the Miss Chiquita Delaware pageant on August, 31, Jakiyah McCoy graced the cover of a Spanish language newspaper. That’s when questions and doubts were raised among readers in the Latin community.

El Tiempo Hispano newspaper reports that president of Nuestras Raíces (Our Roots) Delaware Maria Perez denies the allegations that Jakiyah was stripped of her title for being black.

Perez said the family couldn’t prove the minimum requirement of 25% Latin roots.

Little Miss Hispanic Jakiyah McCoy

According to the McCoys, Jakiyah’s grandmother was part Dominican — they just couldn’t prove it.

“Her parents were asked to bring in documentation,” said Perez, defending the decision to disqualify Jakiyah. “Of all of the documentation brought in there was nothing that confirmed Dominican heritage,” Perez said.

In protest, Daniel José Older started a Change.org petition, which by Thursday had grown to 500 signatures.

“Nuestras Raices Delaware has blocked her win after an outcry from people claiming that, because she is Black, she is ‘not the best representative of Latin beauty,” writes Older.

Perez told Latin Rebels that this isn’t the first time a pageant winner was stripped of her title for not being Hispanic enough.

She maintains her decision was not racially motivated.

“Color has nothing to do with it,’ she told Latino Rebels. ‘We’re all Latinos. That’s why we’re so beautiful because we come in all different colors.”

Perez added: “We can’t have her be the queen if she doesn’t have the proper documentation.”

Others believe the organizers had every right to select a winner who better represents their heritage.

It’s hard to imagine how Jakiyah won the title in the first place. If this had been a Little Miss Black America pageant and a Caucasian or Hispanic girl won the title black parents would have been outraged.

166 Responses to “Little Miss Hispanic Stripped of Title Because She’s Not Latin Enough”

Ha!

Haa!

FuturedocDonte says:

:shrug:

:facepalm: OR is it cause of her DARKskin?? this is a Damn shame

georgia queen says:

Yall some bama ass fools to keep riding for sandra no matter how much she sterotypes black americans and she’s not even from here. We keep excusing her race baiting language just so u won’t get banned, what is this… middle school.

You can only imagine how this little girl feels after being told she was not Latin enough.. :wtf:

Too bad they couldn’t prove she had Dominican blood. Even if they could since her grandma was only “part Dominican” and I would assume half. one of her parents would have to be 25%, so that would make the little girl only 12.5%. While I see the guidelines, I feel for that girl.

~
    :wave: Morning ROSES aNd turds!

WHY didn’t they make them ALL produce proof that their latin “ENOUGH” B4 entering???

gypsyeyes says:

Someone used piss this morning instead of milk for their corn flakes!

:facepalm:

because she is Black, she is ‘not the best representative of Latin beauty

*coughs so fuc.king loud*

Ga Queen how you doing this morn, honey. Each one teach one. And you wont be able to teach if you get the big B. :blink: Stick around. Help a sister out. :lol:

——————
    :rolleyes:

Firstly, Good morning.

Secondly, You’re here for the very same reasons the rest of us are, for entertainment. IF you do not like what Sandra writes, there are other sites you can visit. The majority of us calls Sandra on her ish when she is biased anyway. So for you to spew that ignorance it’s pathetic. Now you can go have a \___/ and have a pod full of gum. :thankyou:

Feel u big sis!

Gyp how was the cake? The girls get two slices?? :heart:

georgia queen says:

Um wtf is my ignorance maam?

georgia queen says:This **** is ridiculous, plz examine your self esteem people, God loves you, not sandra rose.
    :huh: ??
    what are you upset about?? what happened? Was it something in the Story? SEE Me personally I don’t really read the Post to often. Just a bit here and there. Perhaps I’ll READ the WHOLE post to see Y it has set you off on this GREAT Friday Morning

gypsyeyes says:

Strawberry cake went down. They had one piece…And this is not how I wanted to start my Friday.

Lawd even the baby acKing out. :spank: @Razzie! :hug: GM.

GYp. :eek: Im changing the tide. Help me. :eek:

Calling folks bamma ass fools.. You must be Deem’s protégé

:lol: Deemed told me I was one of The Chosen Peepahs. Iont know what you talking about. :hahaha:

Sandra likes to write stuff to get the people going then act oblivious when she’s fonting with us. C’mon though. :tea: Whatevs though.

gypsyeyes says:

And no one cosigns what she says all the time hell 75% of what she says I don’t agree with but to quote Brother Jay and Brother Kanye’s lyrics that wasn’t really theirs…IT’S WHAT GETS THE PEOPLE GOING!

@LuVie. :eek:

I need more people

Lawd even the baby acKing out. :spank: @Razzie! :hug: GM.
    ————–

Good morning OTB. :D

YES B??

georgia queen says:

Well I do feel irs ignorant when we ignore race baiting terms and posts and then drag people who send emails to defend themselves affter they have been pubically defamed.

I was showing you what mightve got the peepah going. :eek: :lol:

:sad:

But I do agree with you, it gets the people going : (

Who publicly defamed you @ georgia queen?

OTB- We is duh chozen wuns. :lol:

Speaking of, I read this article [satire] this morning and right off the back I new it was phony b/c of the moniker. IT was of the Texas Board of edu wanting to change history books to say that slaves were not slaves, but they were indeed UNPAID INTERNS :eek:

I about laughed my ass off when I read this ish. The person who posted it on FB was all ” :huh: I’m scared for America today!”

gypsyeyes says:

So this morning I was taking the girls to school when there was a girl out there with 2 of her kids cause she said her car wouldn’t start. I took her and told her I had to run in the office. Well I come out and she standing by the car like she mad. I was like :eek: what is the problem? This heffa said, well I have to be to work at 8 and I thought you would have been out by now. Needless to say I pulled off and the only reason I turned back around was cause it was a long walk for her baby but I drove her azz to the bus stop. People trying it this morning!

@otb
    OH :thankyou:

GA Queen. This is very problematic language. Agreed. But if you attack (“Bama”) the Dear Readers you’re going to hit a brickwall everytime. :lol:

(Dear Abby voice) :hahaha:

cheeks8683 says:

I mean since they are crowning little boys as prom queens, shouldn’t she get a pass? :coffee:

Morning Roses! :wave:

<<< by association of my parents and my marriage. I is a Bama azz fool.

* paints face Crimson and grabs my big azz Elephant hat*

Sandra Rose. :hahaha: :wave:

bnatural says:

I don’t see a problem with why the girl’s title was stripped :shrug: It’s sad that the girls feelings are probably hurt though

gypsyeyes says:

Sandy- Don’t frown boo! I don’t come here for your politics and commentary I come for the entertainment. I sometimes want to escape reality and when you start in on political matters I skip over your words and a lot of other people’s for that matter. Don’t take it personal…But shawty that 25% have me rolling!

georgia queen says:

Nobody @ sandra. Perhaps I feel a little guilty at enjoying your blog despite the many derogatory things you say. You have the best commenters, lol.

Who hurt u @ Georgia Queen?

felinelurker says:

:waves: Happy Friday!

I about laughed my ass off when I read this ish. The person who posted it on FB was all ” I’m scared for America today!”

BOLLLLLLLLL :rofl: :rofl: Oh Pharoah LET MY PEEPAH GO lmaoooooo

They thought it was serrus huh :crying1: See. Why Lawd.

GAGIRL87 says:

UM :kona:

:dead: @GYPSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Apparition says:

Why didn’t they check her credentials before they let her compete? Because they thought/knew she wasn’t gonna win?

Hey, folks do call Sandra on her ish or ignore it b/c they know its boolsheet.. :shrug:

georgia queen says:

Don’t come for me though. . i didn’t send for u…. just speaking my truth.

LadyLew says:

They should have verfified that before they gave her the title. It’s messed up to strip a 7y/o of her title but rules are rules

GAGIRL87 says:

Good Morning all beautiful bishes :yahoo: it’s Friday

Luvn :love:

OTB ala Fashion Maven

Who Dat

gypsy that avi is gorgeous hun

Razzle

:hug: ’s

~

* BTW; WiTCH,Im sure every1 knows IM not here for debates and Seriousness. I get ALOT of Great info from THE FONTERS *fyi* WHICH is intentionally sp WITCH!
    :smack: life is already Grand and tough Im here for some laughs, However Everyone takes from this blog what they Want me I want farts and Laughs!

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Good morning yall!!!! This early with the negativity? No time for it :hug: to everyone!!!

GAGIRL87 says:

__________________________________________________________________

:nun: Hey App. :hi:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Luvn and Gypsy Hey Pretty ladies!!!

:yes: and *curtsies*

On this topic: Why is this not a prerequisite before these lil beauties can even compete?

Before you get a jawb they gotta verify what you done said. Right? No? Si?

I want farts and Laughs

So my bean recipes are appreciated. :hahaha:

GaGa :kiss: Hewwwo!

@apparition\LadyLew; that’s EGGSactly my thought. Why wasn’t her and ALL the other contestants checked out to BEGIN with.

DALLAS — The Texas Board of Education has drawn scrutiny in recent years for its efforts to revise its curriculum to favor more conservative-friendly versions of history and science. After revising textbooks last year to emphasize Christian influences on the Founding Fathers and introduce Intelligent Design to biology classes, the Board voted nine to zero today to change official nomenclature regarding slavery. In Texas, students will now be taught that slaves were not kidnapped and exploited against their will, but were actually “unpaid interns.” “While African workers were not compensated monetarily,” the new curriculum guidelines acknowledge, “by working outside picking cotton, they gained valuable career experience and were provided with ample networking opportunities.” Charlie Schuster, a three-term board member from Dallas, introduced the motion. For the incredulous Schuster, the idea that the Founding Fathers were involved in a system of owning fellow humans simply was too much to believe. “Either the Founding Fathers were divinely-inspired statesmen,” said Schuster, “or they endorsed slavery. That’s a pretty glaring contradiction. So obviously slavery didn’t exist.” “Sure, these plantation interns had it harder than today’s modern college students,” Board of Ed member Alan Wixom told Newslo. “They didn’t have coffee breaks, they couldn’t goof around on Facebook, they were frequently beaten within an inch of sweet merciful death — but they made lifelong connections and built some strong resumes in the process. Not to mention the acclaimed music they were encouraged to write!” Schuster’s motion reportedly included several primary source documents provided by revisionist historian David Barton, which lent credibility to the Board’s interpretation of slavery. One of the documents — a diary entry supposedly written by a slave in Virginia — proudly describes the glowing letter of recommendation he was given by “the man with the bullwhip.” But the Board’s critics were vocal in their opposition to the changes. “Look at this garbage,” said education activist Javier Narilla, reading from the new curriculum. “‘History textbooks should mention that the international slave trade was merely an early precursor to modern study abroad programs.’ This is the law now.” Added Narilla, “I hate this state.” Whether liberal or conservative, political and pedagogical experts agree that the implications of this decision are monumental, Texas State Senators are already considering legislation that would award slaves retroactive college credit in lieu of reparations.

GawgaGirl Morning beautamus :hug:

gypsyeyes says:

Thank You GA- what’s popping this weekend? There is alot in ATL so me and the kiddies will be in the library!

Oh yeah. I’m about to at and not dap Debra Lee cause this heffa is allowing them to play Jason’s Lyric again. I’m bout to piss on her big chop real quick!

:love: @GaGirl.

What it dew hunny?

:2dance:

I want farts and Laughs

So my bean recipes are appreciated
    :lol: Yes I need it in my life :thankyou:

Morning Carrington’s BOO

“Not to mention the acclaimed music they were encouraged to write!”

:rofl: :rofl: NETWORKING. :crying1:

gypsyeyes says:

Hello Brown. You see I was giving a hint of tittay meat in my gravi huh!!!???

dabunique says:

lol if she can’t prove she’s Latin they should strip her of da title
    nuttin wrong with Black Latinos as we have them mostly in da islands and South America, they probably started investigating her because of her name, not be cause she was black

BrownQT :wave:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

@Gypsy, I see that titty meat girl, show it off mama!!! :hahaha:

Shoot Messing around with YALL, I forgot to put my banana in my CornFlakes! :mad:

I hope you mean her last name. *stank face*

gypsyeyes says:

I have so many black/hispanic lil cousins it’s not even funny and they all have ‘ethnic’ names…All of them especially Shaquille. Speaking of Shaquille, there is a lil boy in my first graders class named: S H A K I L L! :wails:

:rofl: what’s wrong with yall? It’s Friday bytches!! :danban:

nomenclature regarding slavery
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Couldnt get past THIS. NOT NOMENCLATURE :ghost:

S H A K I L L!
    :hahaha: that’s GREAT!! :lol:

Chile I was so late for work this morning, Shid went grocery shopping :woot:

georgia queen says:

Don’t come for me though. . i didn’t send for u…. just speaking my truth.

*********

:stop: That’s MY line! :rofl:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Yall some bama ass fools
    _________________________
    I know this was already commented on so :hahaha: LET ME finish reading :eek:

S H A K I L L!

:thankyou: :rofl:

anyone Seen the “naughty leopard” costume WALMART was advertising for Little girls :lol:

Couldnt get past THIS. NOT NOMENCLATURE

Oh YAS :rofl:

————
    :ghost:

Leslie says:

If her ethnicity was in question, why was she allowed to compete?

Hey Cara Hey Jenie :wave: Happy Fri! :woot:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Luv I see you :happy:

There is a Hispanic chick sit next to me at the pt who is Hispanic and named Heidi! And I ASKED HER how you get your name cause last I knew Heidi is about as German as you can get.

She takes all the Hispanic bilingual callers.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Oh we doing real gravies :eek: BRB

jeniefrumdabloc says:Chile I was so late for work this morning, Shid went grocery shopping
    ~
    :hi: JeNie,thats a VERY Valid reason to be late! I cant stand doing anything on SAT\Sun! I get up and the the Grocery store at 7Am on Fridays when I need to GO :yes:

That’s MY line!

OutsidetheBox
    :shocked: :kiss: you look bru-ti-ful

technically I am from/in Bama soooooooo….. :shrug:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

It’s real gravi Friday?

:casket:

razz lmaooooooooooo that chyte is NOT funny :hahaha: take it back!! lol

Taken,

But look though She later said, Don’t come for me unless I send for you.. but you said “y’all some bama ass fools” :shrug: Ok… :tea: I. eh.. maybe this was a ploy like Sandra’s many. :lol:

Caramel Rain says:

you lippie is crute! what color is that? Do you use a liner.. OTB!! I think Im falling in :love: with ya

If her ethnicity was in question, why was she allowed to compete?

Prolly same as we let the white girls pledge AKA and ZETA. :hahaha:

Tokenism. :lol: Those parents with light skinned children with REAL HISPANIC NAMES :eek: probably was like :nono:

B :wtf: Y U lOOk sew brite? :tea:

It’s real gravi? BRB

technically I am from/in Bama soooooooo…..
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You second person I thought of. @Caramel in dayum BAMA. How dare she call her a fool.

Goat was the first. :ghost:

She takes all the Hispanic bilingual callers.

Well somebody up thread said she need to show reciepts before she check that little box with that name. :eek:

but :kiss: BEAUtiMUS :happy:

:wave: HI MissTAKE are you on ur BESSS behavior tuhday?? ANDDD is babygirl going out to Play today :waiting:

Thank you @Kenya. :hahaha: Not a Bamma from Bama :hahaha:

<— was thinking I mightve been the muppet rat. I was known as Miss Piggy for mannie, mannie moons. :shrug:

Razzle Dazzle Dazzle! says:Luvie I didn’t write it!
    LOL I Know, I didn’t read the whole post :oops:

gypsyeyes says:

technically I am from/in Bama soooooooo…..
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Goat was the first. :ghost:
    _________________________________

I gotta go take a piss test but this just killed me anyway :ghost:

Bizzle
    wuts up with them shades? U know that’s my Fetish :bounce:

I just changed my gravie! :yahoo:

I can’t wait for y’all to see it.. Real gravie Fridaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays
    :kona:

gypsyeyes says:

Wait who said muppet rat? :ghost:

you lippie is crute! what color is that? Do you use a liner.. _____________

:hahaha: Silly. Youre too kind. :lol: its “morange” with a generic red liner on first.

———-
    :rofl: I saw that this morning.. when Sandra fonted him was that his warning or did she bid him adieu? :lol:

RAZZ
    ur
    beautiful, Can u just remove some of that white stuff on the TOP of ur BROWs :lol:

No Need to be SOO EXtrA

Y U lOOk sew brite?

:huh: I think that might be the camera. #NObleach I am using MSM cream on my face. My boss said I look 15yos. :| <–face I gave her.

:grin: <–face I had inside. :hahaha:

LuVie..those are the same Num Ones. :bounce: :heart:

I was hot I seen that! Know I swear @Goat real life related to me!

gypsyeyes says:

technically I am from/in Bama soooooooo…..
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Goat was the first.

*************

:huh:

OTB WISH she looked as fly as me…

Its true! :wallslide:

You hair is laYed hunty. :yes: :thankyou:

#NObleach I am using MSM cream on my face.
    ~
    :pc: what is MSM? lemme research this, but I need BLEACHING cream.
    I guess ima have to break down and get some chemical peels for $175 a pop
    auuugh

_________

Nope. He still “showing”. He has actually said it a number of times. So that shouldve been the Take Care :bye: but IDK if San know that. :lol:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

OTB I might be said Muppet :hahaha: #TEAMTAMAR.

Luv: I am on best behavior and yes the sweet beautiful baby can play today

I am from GA so I know I am not a Bama so…. *oblivious*

Wait who said muppet rat?

Him downsturrs. <—Bernie Mac voice. :heart:

Dude looks like a brown umpa lumpa with 1B hair :rofl:

Remember they have the same iBrowse?

MsHoneyVee says:

Good morning all :hi: I’m 50% American 50% Panamanian she should have been able to prove her Hispanic Heritage. You can’t win a Hispanic pageant and you not at least 25% come on No matter what color you are.

Caramel Rain says:

I got an rx for bleaching cream from my dermy but it’s not to bleach, it’s to blend the dark spots on my elbows. It was 50.00 so it’s still at CVS. Not that serious. Insurance doesnt cover costmetic creams :lol:

Caramel Rain says:

Wait who said muppet rat?

Him downsturrs. <—Bernie Mac voice.
    I think he was talking bout me. JOKES ON HIM. THIS AINT MY REAL FACE

boring male :haha: me and kenya

Luvie what kind of CHem. are you looking for the mild one or the deep one of the three?

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

The only thing I would bleach would be my elbows. They are the bane od my existence *fist in the air*
    I have a 10 am who is early BRB :kona:

————-
    Use Clorox.. :shrug:

:kona:

chemical peels for $175 a pop
    auuugh

:bounce: I signed up for the local Five Star derms mailing list and they hinted Dec specials on peels. Im still going to get one. I just started the cream in July. Its suppossed to soften and smooth and help for better delivery of all your other creams. Sulfur, so it kinda stung a little bit to me at first.

Shuga Honey says:

georgia queen says:

whooo chile, you brighter den a mug. literally and figuratively!

MsB2u says:

good morning everybody
    :waves:
    its FRIDAY
    :yahoo:

whooo chile, you brighter den a mug. literally and figuratively!
    ——————-
    :kona: c’mon Shug :lol:

Shuga Honey says:

Caramel Rain says:

i use the dark skin spot remover from proactiv. its only on one elbow, the one i always have leaning on my desk.

MsB2U-

I don’t wanna be a playuh no mooooo! I’m not a playuh I just crush a lot! :buttshake:

Caramel Rain says:

:buttshake: Pop that Razzle Dazzle Dazzle! :buttshake: Shake that Razzle Dazzle Dazzle! says:

————-
    Use Clorox..
    ***********

:thinking: :no:

Good morning all I’m 50% American 50% Panamanian she should have been able to prove her Hispanic Heritage. You can’t win a Hispanic pageant and you not at least 25% come on No matter what color you are.

:hi: GM. The question from us is why wasnt this taken care of BEFORE the pageant?

Obviously Hispanic ppl feel some type of way about colour :eek: so I know they saw that chocolate face UPON entry. Yall cant help but to notice it seems. #underdog won the pageant on they ass and now they mad. otherwise we agree. :tea:

georgia queen says:

You have the best commenters, lol.

Not all the time. But thanks hun. :)

whooo chile, you brighter den a mug. literally and figuratively!
    ________

BOFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:newpost: Evelyn Lozada has a new job

MissusTee :crying1: We might be in for a long one. :kiss: :popcorn:

Praise report !!!! Our family just sold our house in Alabama :yahoo: it just went up for sale last week :danban: Praise em !!! :nun: yassss :woot:

Not all the time. But thanks hun.

:cloud: No you didnt!!! :rofl:

Jenayyyyy :yahoo: So you aint wanna be no Bama? lmaooooo Congrats to the fam!! :woot:

I thought the light Hispanics and Latinos didn’t like the dark Hispanics and Latinos?

A.J. says:

Good Morning Sandra!! Folks bitter and stuff so early in the morning over a pageant they aint in. Whew; lives people need.

Luvn :kiss:

@Sandra :) ….yes u do…..

MsB2u says:

JENIE,AJ,RAZZLE
    :hi:

Honycoatd says:

Great Morning… Beautiful People

A pretty little girl… sadly they should have made it a prerequisite so not to embarass their participants and leave them heartbroken.

3halos says:

That’s the pageants dumb @ss fault. They should have checked all the documentation from the jump. The fact that they didn’t shows me it was probably a ghetto-fab production to begin with.

Yardgirl says:

3halos says:

******************************

:cosign: In my experience, this group is the one of the most color conscious group ever and I would not be surprised if the uproad did not start because she was deemed too dark. I have seen people 5 shades darker than me saying “I am NOT black I am Hispanic”. Sad.

Sincerity7 says:

They should have asked her for documentation from ALL the contestants when they first applied for the competition. Not from just her after she had already won. And I’m almost sure it’s because she’s Black. I have a latina co-worker who says that the “color issues” are worse in the Hispanic communities than it is within the Black community.

#TeamStoneyJackson says: