RIP: Patti Webster, Publicist to the Stars

Patti Webster diesOne of entertainment’s most influential and respected publicists, Patti Webster, died this morning, Sandrarose.com has confirmed.

Although a cause of death has not been released, friends say Webster died this morning following a prolonged illness.

As one of the industry’s top publicists, Webster contributed to the careers of celebrities such as R&B crooner Usher and actress Halle Berry.

Ms. Webster was the founder of the prestigious publicity firm W&W PR.

According to The Crusade.net, Webster had no interest in starting her own agency until she got a call from actress Robin Givens, who had just been cast in the movie “Boomerang,” opposite Eddie Murphy.

Money was an obstacle in the beginning, so Webster operated her new agency out of her mother’s home for years to cut overhead costs.

Eventually Webster’s dedication to her clients paid off. Her first client was MCA Records, who hired Webster to promote R&B singer Stephanie Mills in 1992.

From there her client list flourished to include Hollywood heavyweights and professional athletes such as Usher, Halle Berry, Kelly Rowland, NBA star Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers, actress Holly Robinson Peete, singer Patti Labelle, Warner Brothers Records, Queen Latifah’s Ghettoworks Records, NFL star Cris Carter, and many more.

29 Responses to “RIP: Patti Webster, Publicist to the Stars”

The Master Beta :D says:

RIP

May she Rest In Peace

gypsyeyes says:

RIP, well she must have been good at her job cause the ppl listed have had long careers.

Thats a lovely client list. RIP Sista.

Usher, Halle AND Ms. Patti??!?! :phew: She worked hard.

:nun: Rest.

WUT U GONE DO WITH THAT LIL THANG?!! :rofl: says:

RIP sistah…

wow, she had an awesome client list. love how she got started. may she RIP & God comfort her family :pray:

VDot says:

Awwwwww RIP

MissHarlem says:

RIP I hope it was peaceful and not painful :sad:

Stephanie Mills *twirls* LOVE HER

My wife :love: QUEEN

@SANDRA. How you feel about the Syria Peace solution? :tea: I know youre not one of the biggest fans of the Obama Admin. :tea: #eggingiton

Heeeyyy VSpot. :love:

mzwhang90210 says:

RIP ..sistah was on her grind while she was able tho!

Bizzle what was the resolution??
    I ve been in a meeting All morn

VDot says:

BayBay :kiss:

A family dog is credited with alerting his family that something was wrong with their babysitter:

“About five months into her being our baby sitter, we started to notice that our dog was very defensive of our son when she would come in the door,”

“He was very aggressive towards her and a few times we actually had to physically restrain our dog from going towards her.’
    The now suspicious parents had a plan.

They placed an I-phone under the couch and let the phone record what happened while they were at work.

When the couple got home, they listened to the tape and were horrified what they heard.

“It started with cussing. Then you hear slap noises and his crying changes from a distress cry to a pain cry. I just wanted to reach through the audio tape, go back in time and just grab him up.”

:eek:

:cell: <—on with the pound. We need a dog.

Miany says:

Rest in peace

MissHarlem says:

OTB I saw that in the news and was like yeesssss. I love dogs but I mainly love pitts bc for one Im mature and responsible to take care of such a dog and two I am aware that they are not humans. They will guard you with their life if trained responsibly.

Also ignoring your political question as using my brain today is not part of the agenda :rofl: Unless someone say something uber stupid

Just Looking says:

Sorry to hear Pattie Webster, may she rest in internal peace. :pray:

WUT U GONE DO WITH THAT LIL THANG?!! :rofl: says:

@OTB I read that earlier and was PISSED!!! You definitely have to have a safety precaution placed in your house for your kids sake.

LuVie :hahaha: John Kerry *insert Dodo Bird emote* happenstanced on one. A reporter asked him what Syria could do to avoid the wrath of THE United States of America :warning:

John Kerry sarcastically says, “yeah he could give us all his weapons and chit. Without delay and with a record…”then he added “but he isnt about to do that :nono:

Lo and behold Syria’s foreign minister say they welcome an idea to put their weapons under international control and avoid an American ass whooping

:nun: Peace in the Middle Eas’e.

:eek:

:cell: <—on with the pound. We need a dog.

muddafukka! :cuss: just make sure u & the chirren don't be tasty. according to Aunt Tea u know fido like to chomp on folks & chit :pizza:

The Master Beta :D says:

OTB I saw that yesterday me and the mr are aiming for a German Shepard awesome guard dogs and territorial

Miany says:

We will do anything for them. Wanna be like them… let em in your historically Black club to show them you can rise above, yet dont worry about it if they dont let you in ther’n.Change your hair. Make it neat like theirs.  Why do you speak so loud? Be seen, not heard. Dont be a Jezebel. by OutsidetheBox on Sep 13, 2013 at 12:07 pm
    ^^ this chick here :hug: u right on it all tho. … & hunni Michelle Obama speaks loud soooo yea

Dont be iggin me :rofl: :rofl: Listen. Its “Ma Time” anyway. Im just here for a couple of hrs. Answering emails I aint answered all week. I sound real busy. Real busy. :eek:

*bangs keyboard, slams drawer*

Andrea Sloan/FacebookImagine being terminally ill and told that the one thing that might save your life is just out of reach.

For Andrea Sloan, that’s a reality. The 45-year-old is suffering from stage 3 ovarian cancer, and she’s launched a social media campaign in the hopes of convincing a pharmaceutical company to give her a drug that’s in the early stages of development.

More on Yahoo Shine: Angelina Jolie’s Mastecomy: Should You Get the BRCA Gene Test?

Sloan is an attorney and executive director of the Texas Advocacy Project, an Austin-based group that offers free services to victims of domestic violence. At the age of 37, after visiting her doctor for intermittent abdominal pain, she received devastating news. “My doctor told me that I had stage 3 ovarian cancer,” Sloan told Yahoo Shine. “Three years later, I learned I had inherited the BRCA1 gene.” The gene leads to a heightened risk of breast and ovarian cancer (65 percent and 39 percent, respectively).

More on Yahoo: Is Fertility an Option for Women with BRCA Cancer Gene? (Op-Ed)

One week after her diagnosis, Sloan began treatment—chemo, surgery to remove the cancer, a hysterectomy — and her cancer went into remission for a full 22 months. However, over the next five years, the cancer went in and out of remission. And in July, when it returned for the fourth time, her doctor informed Sloan that she was running out of options. “We had the conversation where he told me to get my affairs in order. However we both weren’t ready to give up,” said Sloan.

Andrea Sloan/Facebook Her physician, Charles Levenback, M.D., at the University of Texas’s MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX, said Sloan had one possible shot: A drug called BMN-673 was being developed by a company called BioMarin and although it wasn’t yet FDA-approved or tested for ovarian cancer, it might save Sloan’s life — if the company allowed her to use it by way of a policy called “compassionate use.” In certain situations, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allows companies to give experimental drugs to people in life-or-death situations, although companies aren’t required to comply.

The only problem: BioMarin won’t let Sloan use the drug.

“The drug is BioMarin’s intellectual property so the company is within its rights to not permit usage and there is rationale behind it — if, for example, Andrea suffers from side effects, that could deny or prevent the drug from being approved,” Levenback told Yahoo Shine. “However, we already know the drug works on other types of cancer so it’s not a shot in the dark. It’s definitely worth trying and would likely work — BioMarin just has to let her use it.”

And the FDA agrees. Says Sloan: “They’ve said that I’m qualified for ‘compassionate use’ and have no concerns about me taking BMN-673. The hold up is with Biomarin. I’ve begged through letters and emails; I’ve even sent them photos of myself to show that I’m a real person in desperate need and offered to be their spokesperson if the drug is effective.”

Clearly, Sloan isn’t giving up — and neither are her friends. The Facebook page “Andi’s Army,” originally intended to be a community for Sloan’s close friends, has exploded with almost 3,000 likes and a Change.org petition is circulating, garnering over 50,000 signatures over the last few weeks. Sloan has even attracted the attention of high-profile politicians. Former U.S. representative Newt Gingrich wrote an essay called A Sick Bureaucracy on Sloan’s battle to obtain the drug from BioMarin and posted it on his Gingrich Productions website. And the politician made a phone call to BioMarin to urge them to reconsider. So far, nothing has worked, however Sloan is working with various politicians on legislature that benefits both companies and patients.

A rep for BioMarin emailed the following statement to Yahoo Shine: “We empathize with anyone facing a terminal illness. As a company, we strongly support pre-approval expanded access programs. We implement these programs when we have sufficient preliminary scientific evidence to support both the safety and the efficacy of a product for an indication, which is generally after the successful completion of a well-controlled trial… BMN 673 is not sufficiently far along in the development process to implement expanded access in ovarian cancer….Although we have publicly reported that the initial data is promising, we do not yet have sufficient evidence that the compound is safe and effective.”

However, Sloan is ready to take a risk: “I just want a chance to live a long and healthy life and I’ll continue fighting until I get it.”

VDot says: