Jackson Family Lose $40B AEG Live Wrongful Death Lawsuit

Jackson Family Lose AEG Lawsuit

A California jury yesterday sided with concert promoter AEG Live in a multi-billion dollar wrongful death lawsuit brought by Michael Jackson’s mother, Katherine, 83.

The Jackson family matriarch filed the lawsuit in February 2013, seeking up to $40 billion from AEG Live.

The jury found AEG was not liable for the actions of Michael’s former personal physician Conrad Murray, who is scheduled to be released from prison this month after serving 2 years of a four-year sentence for negligent homicide in Michael’s death.

The jury found that AEG had hired Murray as Jackson’s personal physician, but that Murray was competent to practice medicine because he held a valid medical license.

Murray saw the jury’s verdict as “justice”.

“I cried because, for once, the world was allowed to hear some of the facts at they pertain to this matter — a lot of facts that have been suppressed, much of which I was denied and my attorneys could not present during my criminal trial,” Dr. Conrad Murray said on NBC’s “Today” on Thursday.

AEG Live attorney Marvin Putnam said the jury vindicated AEG.

“The jury’s decision completely vindicates AEG Live, confirming what we have known from the start — that although Michael Jackson’s death was a terrible tragedy, it was not a tragedy of AEG Live’s making,” Putnam said.

Michael died on June 25, 2009, at age 50, of cardiac and respiratory arrest. Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Nov. 2011 for failing to properly monitor Jackson after a fatal administration of the intravenous surgical anesthesia Propofol.

The Jackson family plans to appeal the jury’s decision.

• Michael Jackson had drug implant to block dopamine in his brain
  • Rihanna’s MAC Lipstick Gives Fan Herpes
  • Blogger B. Scott Compares Himself to Michael Jackson
  • Federal Judge Rules Black People Can’t Use N-Word in Workplace

94 Responses to “Jackson Family Lose $40B AEG Live Wrongful Death Lawsuit”

I didn’t expect a win out of this :shrugs:

VDot says:

I can’t imagine how much the family spent on lawyers.

*cues Human Nature*

FuturedocDonte says:

—-
      He Finna get out already :shocked:

No disrespect, but I didn’t think they would get a win out of this either. I more so saw it as an “Oh opportunity/I want money” deal with them. :shrug:

MsB2u says:

:no:
      good morning everybody
      :waves:

LSLH d/b/a Amber Rose's Scalp says:

I’ll bet Jermaine was salivating about getting a cut if the $40 billion so that he can buy more oil slick for his hair and a throne for Jermajesty.

VDot says:

I like MJ’s sweater tho. I want one :yes:

FuturedocDonte says:

I’ll bet Jermaine was salivating about getting a cut if the $40 billion

:cosign:
      Like sharks in a shark tank :coffee:

Anna says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

I didn’t expect a win out of this :shrugs:
      ~~~~~~~
      I wonder had it been 40 million vs. 40 billion, if the verdict would have been diff.
      They knew Michael was not physically fit to do all those shows, that’s why they hired Conrad.

Good Morning Folks :yahoo:
      Hey Jennnaaayyy :heart:
      @Sandym of all the pics of Michael, why you use this one :shocked: Mike in that yellow sweater vest is my all time favorite…

MJ should have stopped with the facial alterations right here. He looks nice.. although he looked to have on blush… :think:

He Finna get out already
      Good Time

I have a cousin, who is an MJ STAN. I mean she might cut someone over MJ if you talk down about him. In her eyes, MJ can literally do NO wrong.

She was on FB just fussing and fuming about how wrong AEG was and this and that. :no: she gave me a good laugh.

Jdore says:

Good Morning Roses! :waves:

Shuga Honey says:

love that velveteen sweater. :thumbsup: hate that pink ass blush :nono:

MJ would have found a way to be a crackhead with or without Dr. Murray. they dont have a billion dollars worth of damages. love his music, but dude was a weirdo from way back.

Where everybody go, everytime I can shoot the ****, ain’t nobody here :mad:
      Someone mentioned SVU in the previous post, Sybil had me heated last night…

Hey Jdore :bye:
      @Shuga Honey, agreed, MJ was a “different” type of individual

@ VDot: I left you a message downstairs.

bnatural says:

I think that most people blame Michael Jackson for his own death, he seemed to have a history of possibly abusing prescription drugs and in this it was no different…

It seems like the family is trying to blame everyone else but Michael :shrug:

I didn’t expect the family to win anything especially not a nearly $2 billion judgment.

FuturedocDonte says:

He Finna get out already :shocked:

Yup. That’s the California penal system for you. :coffee:

Bootcampgirl says:

@Razzle, I think I’m shutting mine off, it’s way too high..just to watch television…

Jdore says:

Hey Boot :hug:

Look at Mike in that pic looking all normah. :sad:

It seems like the family is trying to blame everyone else but Michael :shrug:
      ————–
      Yep. Michael was no angel, just like the rest of us.. He was just their money train and now that they’ve missed out, they’re hungry for more.

Poor Michael may he rip ONe fine day.

Im sure Marlon,Randy and jermaine are DisAppointed

FuturedocDonte says:

Razz my brother been texting me all night. He said the new chucky leaked online… The whole movie is online… I don’t think he was pleased with it :(

Some movies should just be laid to rest, no remake/part 57 :tea:

How a WHOLE movie that ain’t came out yet leak online like that tho? :lol:

Diva says:

:wave: morning! Why y’all got to be BASIC mannie mannie times? :rofl:

Diva, :stop: it’s too early

Diva says:

Neva Boot :rofl:

Shuga Honey says:

Look at Mike in that pic looking all normah.

normal for Mike, but not normal-normal.

im thinking about only having cable in one room, if that. might get me a satellite or hulu or something. cable cost too much for too little. got 3 of the same dam channels over and over again. come on son! :rules:

They could remake some chit tho. A lot of remakes are real good. Like “Dreamgirls.”

They could do a remake of the “classics”
      Like “The Color Purple.”
      Or “Do The Right Thing”
      Or “Lean on Me”
      Or “Soul Plane.”
      :yes:

Boot I canceled my Direct TV 6 September. I was told that because I was canceling before my contract was up I’d have to pay $125 and they explained why. I had no problem. I called on Monday to pay and the bish I spoke to was like “yeah, the total comes to $261.64.” I said excuse me? No it’s not. My fee was $125 b/c of me moving and canceling during a contract, how’d it double?” She said Oh that’s your cancelation fee. That’s what it is. Yeah? Yeah… But you is eligible for a free upgrade if you want to restart your services, we can get you on tomorrow.”

I told that ghetto bird I ain’t have my dag on box and I sent it back and that I canceled it due to me moving. I asked for her fuggin sup b/c I refused to be “coerced” by someone who wasn’t qualified to listen to the customer.

Her sup fixed it and apologized. :no: :lol:

Carrington says:

As a member of the family, and as a casual observer, I can say with a high degree of certainty that if YOUR son’s doctor even ALMOST killed him, you would be at an attorney’s office. Katie Mae’s son DIED – she has every right to sue – as would I. It’s definitely not about money for Katie Mae at 86. She is very well taken care of and always has been. If Michael didn’t do anything else, he was certain that Katherine Jackson didn’t want for a thing. Even if he couldn’t afford it, that house on Hayvenhurst drive operated as if Michael still lived there with maids, gardeners, cooks, and security. My grandmother told me that she was there and a damn grocery truck pulled up and unloaded enough groceries to feed the salvation army. How would the money benefit her at this stage in her life?

Secondly, Conrad Murder was a physician giving a patient anesthesia to SLEEP. Come on, bro. Anybody knows that you don’t get SLEEP under anesthesia. You’re unconscious. There’s a difference. So, even if Mike ASKED for those drugs, as a PHYSICIAN you have a responsibility NOT to feed it to him because you took that oath. A physician’s assistant wouldn’t pass out drugs to a patient just becuase he asked because she, or he, would lose their license – why would a doctor?

Conrad Murray was a paid drug dealer who didn’t even know that you can’t properly perform CPR with a patient laying on a bed – Dr. Dre knows that $hit!

Donte that’s funny I doubt I’ll be spending the money on it. I may charge my unlimited data att phone up and watch it… but only during lil razz nap time or sumptin. You know he still a toddy todd. :lol:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

#7 Hey Bren, Hey everybody!!!!!!! :waves:

Diva says:

@Carringron you are on point sir! :wink:

Bootcampgirl says:

Did this ninja say Soul Plane :blink: @Man, ITA, but what else can be done with Chucky, not saying that I won’t check it out but, that thing ain’t dead yet??? One remake is good but remaking or adding several parts is not…#IMO

Diva says:

:wave: hey Brown

So Carrington, you think MJ ill innocent in his death and doesn’t need to be held accountable? :popcorn:

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

They could do a remake of the “classics”
      Like “The Color Purple.”
      Or “Do The Right Thing”
      Or “Lean on Me”
      Or “Soul Plane.”

~~~~~~~
      Soul Plane is a “classic”? :rofl:

Diva says:

@Razz git. :jahaha:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Diva :hug:

Shuga Honey says:

sorry Carrington, but your cuz was a fancy version of a crackhead and it didnt start with Conrad Murray. now it may have ended with Dr. Murray but that nigga MJ had clearly BEEN getting into some weird shyt. if it wasnt this doctor he would have just gotten another one to replace him.

Bootcampgirl says:

@Brendan, when you get here. I watched that Adina Howard show. She has an amazing spirit and really am glad that she did not let the industry turn her into a weirdo. She seems like she is very happy and did what was best for her. That shrimp and grits she made, I wanted to jump through the TV for that. I wonder if her cookbook is out and if her new album is out… :think:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

@ LuV: :hi: I watch that video of my baby singing sometimes to smile. She watches it often. On my phone. BACK TO BACK. She humble :huh:
      @VDot: What’s up you basic broad :fistbump:

Shuga Honey says:

hell, i guess now they gonna sue the plastic surgeons because they should have known bettr than to make him look like Jigsaw. :rolleyes:

ppl (especially rich ppl) are going to find a way to do all the stupid shyt they wanna do.

if it was all about the principal the asking amount would not be BILLIONS of dollars. the suit could have been for one dollar if all they wanted to do was prove a point.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Shug noooooooooooooooooooooooo :ghost:

Boot it’s the curse of chucky.. so maybe the spirit/demon/thing that was in him went into a new doll? :lol: he has a new face and everything.

bgood says:

I have one question: Does Michael kids really believe they are his kids? I ask cause I know when going thru old family photos the kids gotta say “damn dad was black when he was young”. or unless everyone inherited Ray Charles eyes when he died…. things that make you go hmmmm :think:

Bootcampgirl says:

The injured biker done hired Gloria Allred..

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

@BCG, I mad I missed that one, I cant wait till they show that episode again.

Carrington says:

The point is not that Michael was on drugs; that part is clear. The POINT is that a doctor, with a license was SUPPLYING him with drugs.

If Michael went to 14th street & scored some crack, that’s his fault; if a PHYSICIAN is writing scripts, not for meds, but for DRUGS – that physician is culpable in my eyes.

bgood says:

Mike looked so sad and depressed. Just like I am with this fudging federal government shut down.

@Razzle, maybe I should have watched the trailer before I responded :facepalm:

Anna says:

Bootcampgirl says:

The injured biker done hired Gloria Allred..

~~~~~~~~
      Interesting.

SHug I cosign with you all the way love :hug:

To my understanding anyone that told MJ :nono: was essentially fired. I believe he had a hand in his in his death as well as the negligence and ignorance of Conrad. :shrug:

No one is saying he didn’t take care of his mother. BUT you can not count MJ out on his downfall.

Bootcampgirl says:

@Brown, it was on TVone so you know it will be on several times..

Shuga Honey says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Shug noooooooooooooooooooooooo

:shrugs: i got crackheads in my family too. i aint suing no dope boys tho.

a fair exchange is no robbery. MJ got what he paid for.

@ANNA AND BOOT CAMP

Watch “Soul Plane” again using an eye for comedy. Really take it in. Then you will understand that is really an underrated classic. :yes:

FuturedocDonte says:

@boot go online to YouTube and watch the trailer… It looks good. It’s like part 1 and 2… Supposed to be more scary then comedy.

Razz gon head and let lil razz watch it :lol: give him something to grow up afraid of like we was :scared:

@SHUGA HONEY
      “i got crackheads in my family too. i aint suing no dope boys tho.

a fair exchange is no robbery. MJ got what he paid for.

Come on now…

How many kids/baby muvahs did Conrad have running around? :think: Conrad is paying for his negligence. I think he should be in jail a bit longer, but he is being punished.

LIke I said. Money talks, thus leaving people to poor decisions/actions. He was most likely under the impression he would be fired for telling MJ no.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Shug it wasn’t the content it was the delivery. You were just so
      :whistle: cold blooded
      With the delivery.
      That man told you that was his family and you went in with no Vaseline :lol:

Shuga Honey says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Come on now…

a doctor is a salesman and the customer is always right. :tea:

he aint hire Dr. Murray to get his arthritus, asthma or blood pressure under control. he didnt hire him because of the hippocratic oath. he hired him so he could get high.

bgood says:

@SHUGA HONEY
      “i got crackheads in my family too. i aint suing no dope boys tho.

a fair exchange is no robbery. MJ got what he paid for.

Man, I just don’t care: A dope boy aint’ no doctor tho. A doctor takes an OATH to make medical decisions to prolong your life. A dope boy don’t do that.

Come on now…

BULLshizzle a dope boy got rules to the game too check your local listings

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@ANNA AND BOOT CAMP

~~~~~~~~
      OK.

Shuga Honey says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Shug it wasn’t the content it was the delivery. You were just so
      cold blooded
      With the delivery.
      That man told you that was his family and you went in with no Vaseline

it sounded like it was his grandmother’s uncle’s sister’s play cousin on his stepfather’s side but sorry, Carrington.

bgood says:

———————–
      I think the kids may have knew OF his cosmetic regiments, but didn’t really care. Growing up Kids think their daddy is every thing because of their innocence. :love:

Even I thought my dad was the world when he would eventually come around. :shrug: this was when I was 5?

I guess I talk to him regularly now since he has a grandson and all now. He’s still my donor dad.

bgood says:

REALITY CHECK: Michael wanted the ish so let’s stop blaming ALL this on Dr. Conrad Murray he gave this nicca what he requested… Now I know Mike wanted to take a long nap and not a dirt nap but just like Molly’s you take a juggle…

—————-
      :kona:

Carrington says:

Man, I Just says:

—————
      That’s my point. But that point is lost no matter how many times you say it people won’t see it because it just won’t make sense.

There are people who are ADDICTS & if they go to a physician who KNOWS this & they keep supplying with the drug of their choice – how is he not responsible if they leave his office with some codeine & over dose?

As a physician, you have a RESPONSIBILITY to say no.

Diva says:

AT&T fixed my intanet! y’all care!!!! Windows 8 was causing my wireless connection to drop all day long errday!

Diva says:

My good looking president is giving a press conference! Y’all nuccas done turned his hair gray though.

bgood says:

:buttshake: Pop that Razzle Dazzle Dazzle! :buttshake: Shake that Razzle Dazzle Dazzle! says:

bgood says:

———————–

Even I thought my dad was the world when he would eventually come around. this was when I was 5?

Honey that all sounds great but a tick in the back of his kids head has to ask that question. Because if I was completely white being surrounded by a completely black family you could just call me Charlie Baileygates off Me Myself & Irene

Carrington says:

Man, I Just says:

—————

As a physician, you have a RESPONSIBILITY to say no.
      ————–
      And He didn’t. And he’s in jail. No one here said he wasn’t responsible. We’re saying Michael was too b/c of his addiction. and EYE said Conrad most likely feared of being fired, thus, jail time.

NESS! :popcorn:

Sincerity7 says:

MJ’s sweater looks soft. But his makeup artist used too much blush.

MissHarlem says:

MJ looks sooooo sad in that pic :no:

MAN :thankyou: Soul Plane is a classic :lol:

VDot says:

@VDot: What’s up you basic broad

******************************************

:rofl: Not much. About to go follow EJ Mannie on instagram so I can pick up some tips and become less basic. I can’t let Her Highness outshine me :no: :coffee:

Shuga Honey says:

Jayne Kennedy looks sooooo different now. I saw her on Unsung or one of those type of whre are they now shows.

VDot says:

@Auntie – Philly answered on my behalf :thumbsup:

Shuga Honey says:

Jayne Kennedy in Diva’s gravi.

dont think im just rambling :ashamed: :lol:

VDot says:

dirt nap

*********************

:huh: :rofl:

As a congressman/president/rep/senate/mayor/blah blah- it is your RESPONSIBILITY to make the proper decisions for the benefit of the people. Look at what we’re at now. :popcorn:

As a parent- it is the your RESPONSIBILITY to care for your child. Look at these dead beats smoking black and sipping beer while pregnant and leaving kids in the car while they go party and get TURNT UP (greens). :popcorn:

As a police officer- it is your RESPONSIBILITY to protect and serve. Look at these people getting zapped and shot to death, beat while pregnant b/c of a power trip. :popcorn:

Do I need to go on? I think I shoooould.

Diva says:

Where is erbody at? Did Sandra do a furlough on the blog? :waiting:

kpgibson says:

You know what I think. To be honest with you I think that this was by no surprise because it seems that things like this just actually happen when it comes down to successful people like the Jackson’s. Like it is really sad to see things like this happen to them. RIP MICHAEL

Atypical says:

So because Conrad Murray was a doctor, MJ is not just a little responsible for his substance abuse problem Conrad Murray didnt force MJ to take drugs just like crack dealers don’t force crackheads tosmoke crack. AEG isnt responsible for MJ’s bad decisions or Murrays giving him a freaking medical grade anesthetic to go to sleep. The Jacksons saw a payday imo and I’m glad the jury saw through it..