Poop pills cure serious gut infections

Patients diagnosed with serious intestinal infections now have a new weapon to combat the bacteria: pills filled with poop.

Canadian researchers tested the new pills on 27 patients and cured them of their intestinal infections after powerful antibiotics failed.

Recent studies have shown that feces transplants -- giving patients good bacteria from the feces of healthy people -- can restore the proper balance of good bacteria in their intestines.

Good bacteria which normally resides in our intestines helps to keep the bad bacteria in check.

This is why the Colonic and colon cleansing fads are so risky and unnecessary, unless performed in a hospital for legit medical reasons.

When the good bacteria in our gut is wiped out (by colonics, antibiotics, etc.) the bad bacteria proliferates and makes us very sick.

Some people take Probiotics supplements, but these supplements only assist the good bacteria in our gut. If the good bacteria is wiped out the Probiotics will not be effective.

According to a report on MyFoxNY.com, 14,000 people die from Clostridium Difficile or C. Diff bacterial infections every year.

The so-called donor stool, usually from a relative, is processed in the lab and food and water are removed. The bacteria is extracted from the stool and cleaned. The resulting good bacteria is then packed into triple-coated gel capsules which the patient swallows.

The triple-coated gel capsules ensures that the pills will pass through the stomach and into the intestines before dissolving.

"There's no stool left — just [good bacteria]. These people are not eating poop," said Dr. Thomas Louie, an infectious disease specialist at the University of Calgary. "There are no smelly burps because the contents aren't released until they're well past the stomach, Louie added.

From MyFoxNY.com:

Days before starting the treatment, patients are given an antibiotic to kill the C-diff. On the morning of the treatment, they have an enema so "the new bacteria coming in have a clean slate," Louie said.

It takes 24 to 34 capsules to fit the bacteria needed for a treatment, and patients down them in one sitting. The pills make their way to the colon and seed it with the normal variety of bacteria.

Louie described 27 patients treated this way on Thursday at IDWeek, an infectious diseases conference in San Francisco. All had suffered at least four C-diff infections and relapses, but none had a recurrence after taking the poop pills.

• Medical Minute: Stomach Cancer
  • Medical Minute: Women Have More Germs Than Men
  • Medical Minute: Light skinned blacks more prone to getting skin cancer
  • Medical Minute: Salmonella Food Poisoning
    • The Pearl!

Well....hell! that's a hard pill to swallow (pun intended)!!! :hahaha:

• deedeegirl

I read this last night. No thanks.

• The Pearl!

:hi: deedeegirl....just cuz the boo-boo might be my Mama's doesn't make a bit of difference! :hurl:

• mayrenest

Eventually, we're all just full of shit ????????????????

• Afiya

:lipssealed: :no: :no: :no:

• Silly Syl

No thanks I'm good! :tape:

• Silly Syl

Maybe we change the saying, "Is your ass jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth" to "Your ass is jealous of shit that goes in your mouth"

:hide:

Just wow :blink: I just read a headline saying that pee pee can make you look younger uf you drink it :vomit:

• http://www.shooger-free.com 2Unruly

Yuck!

• LSLH d/b/a Amber Rose’s Scalp

:tape:

• AlluringlySweet

This is much better than what they used to do to treat it. Trust!!!

• http://www.allthingsfabandfly.com All Things Fab and Fly

This is very interesting. I watched this on either Inside Edition or another news channel on Thursday evening. It was extremely interesting. A lady that had been having intestinal issues recieved donor poop from her daughter and she's now cured. If I were ill I would be ok with them doing whatever they need to do to make me better.

• Crickett

Stress causes most gastro problems, turns your body against you.

• puppylove

Waited around for THIS!!!! :vomit: Sandra you know you wrong for this one

• Ni ni

What weve learned this week-drinkin piss keeps you young and eating sh*t pills helps your bowels :smack:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temAjb9d-5s 69

All I can think about is Minnie in The Help.

Eat my Shyt. :hahaha:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temAjb9d-5s 69

Nini

Says who: :waiting: Uria (or however it's spelled) cannot be good for you.

• Afiya

Sorry, I HAVE TO :applause: this comment:

Carrington says:

I suspect they were at a restaurant too, but whatever.

I have a 17 year old at home who doesn’t understand that my sun doesn’t shine until HE wakes up and if something were to happen to him, I’m done.

I can’t make this jacka$$ understand the concept of parenting and why the things that he can’t see now will make perfect sense when he is responsible for a child.

He has a friend who has a mother who is much more concerned with being her child’s friend, than she will ever be about being his mother and I’m uncomfortable with that lifestyle. I don’t want you around a house where it’s OK to curse, talk about how many girls have sucked you off, and generally be disrespectful to, and about, women. This broad thinks it’s OK to talk to her teenager about why he can’t let go of his girlfriend because she gives great head. She thinks it’s cool to send her son to a nasty a$$ hourly motel with someone else’s daughter. She thinks it’s OK to borrow a condom from her son so she can use it.

I’m stuck trying to get him to understand the balance between friendship, parenting, and a healty combination of the 2. I’m a MAN and I would NEVER borrow a condom from my child. WTF is THAT? No, you can’t curse, or use the n-word in front of me. I can’t stop you from being ignorant when you’re out of my reach, but your ignorance won’t be acquired through MY teachings, bro. Yes, if we’re headed into the mall and you see some women going inside, do about three kick steps hold the door open for them.

Train a child… IF he departs, it’s because he wanted to. But I will do my part to raise a healthy, respectful young man.

Some people don’t get the whole parenting thing.

October 4, 2013 at 11:51 am

:bowdown: :clap: :cheer: YOU ARE AN AWESOME DAD...Please, do not change.

My baby is 21 and a Marine, he would totally agree with EVERYTHING that you fonted. You are so much like his dad who will wash your mouth out with soap with the quickness. YOU ARE THE GREATEST Carrington, I :love: YOU!!!

I :heart: you too Sandra, you make my day at work worthwhile. THANK YOU!! :thankyou:

• luVn_liFe…

I Hope I Never have to resort to being a Shyte Eater :(

• Ni ni

@69: This 63-year-old British jawn claims that guzzling jugs of her own pee has helped her maintain a healthy and youthful state. According to Mail Online reports: Sylvia Chandler, 63, swears in Closer that her own wee is the elixir responsible for her slim frame and youthful demeanor, and claims she hasn’t needed to in visit a doctor in over a decade. Sylvia also uses her urine to wash her hair and moisturize her face. Sylvia told Closer: ‘Drinking my own urine has kept me healthy and energized. And it helps me stay young-men are often surprised when I tell them my age. ‘I have a glass of urine in the morning and another couple during the day. It tastes delicious –it’s a bit like water, but sweeter. I haven’t been to the doctor in a decade. I never get colds and I’ve maintained my size 10 figure.’ The mother-of-two is an advocate of urine therapy for everything from keeping youthful to healing wounds, and keeps a bottle of old urine in the kitchen in case she burns herself, as aged urine has stronger healing properties. Sylvia began her unique practice after starting her own alternative natural health store, Zen in Birmingham. She diluted her first glass with cranberry juice, but soon progressed to drinking it neat three times a day. Now Sylvia, who has been married three times but is currently single, claims she drinks her urine whenever she goes to the loo, despite urine being a waste product, produced by the kidneys, ridding the body of toxins it doesn’t need. Filmed by Truth Juice speaking in Bristol in 2011, Sylvia claims that when in our mothers’ wombs we are swimming in urine, and drinking it provides health benefits. She says: ‘for nine months before you were born you floated in a combination of your own and your mother’s urine.You drank it, it fed you, it grew your lungs entirely. All of your skin, your bones are made from tiny crystals which are all formed by urine.” “Most of us came out perfect with beautiful skin, and it’s only when we’ve lived this toxic life that we get sick. If you came out perfect, it doesn’t matter what you get wrong with you, you can put yourself back to being perfect.”

• MsB2u

:no:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temAjb9d-5s 69

Carrington says:
      I suspect they were at a restaurant too, but whatever.
      Some people don’t get the whole parenting thing.
      People can say what they want about Carrington, but if this dude is who he portrays himself to be, then he is a stand up father and an excellent role model. If just half of our society had a parents like this... :coffee:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temAjb9d-5s 69

Ni ni says:

__________________________________
      Not me, not tonight. :nono:

Nasty bitch :kona:

69 says:

Carrington says:
      I suspect they were at a restaurant too, but whatever.
      Some people don’t get the whole parenting thing.

I have a father better than this :tea: yes I'm gloating

Do anyone on the board watch the show Revenge :tea: is it any good ? I just started watching it on netflix

• Miany

I dunno how chick drinking piss to maintain a size 10 figure. ..she sho she ain't retain that piss? Size 10 ain't huge but it ain't small to be doin some extreme shii like drinking fuggin piss...

• KP Gibson

Wow they can let this happen but can't do a damn thing about Marijuana. What in the hell is wrong with these people. Poop, I couldn't even do no crap like that. Like who in the world would even consider this factor. I know I wouldn't.

• PumpkinsMama

On Topic: Ewwwwwww Aunty :hurl: However, if I'm sick and it's proven this crazy shyt (pun intended) is gonna make me better. Then um.... :tea:

@ 69- The key word is portray, there are lots of ppl on here PORTRAYING shyt they aren't :tea:

From Downstairs:

SandraRose says:

@ Pumpkins and San, please email me with specifics. Sometimes I’m the last to know what’s going on. Click on the envelope on the front page to email me. Thanks!

@ Aunt Sandy I come from the slums of the rotten Apple :grill: ain't nothin e-thugs and frauds gon do to upset me enuff to e-mail you about it. You ain't peeped my font? I can holds ma own :box:

Besides, you can't give out psych evals w/registration anyway :tea:

But :thankyou: for your prompt attention to what you thought was a serious issue :eek:

• #TeamStoneyJackson

I eat ass, so :shrugs: This is no worse than maggot therapy or some of the other icky medicinal procedures.

Hey PunKenz :hi: Long day. Finna hit the gym. First lemme email Sandra a list of the folks I think she should ban :pc: People on here telling stories bout getting 3rd degree burns during they backwoods modelin shoots they done booked off Craigslist n what not. Just doin the most @Jennie :ashamed: I wouldn't have posed on that motorcycle once I saw him pull out that disposable camera :smack: Girl, yeen know he wurnt know damn professional?

:hug: Bren I wasn't thinking bout that. I was trying to be sexy :ashamed: Sign really says Fail >>> :lame:

• Yardgirl

Good morning Jenie! :waves: I cannot get past the title of the thread and have NOT read the deets. Sorry.

On happier news, I just read that Halle Berry had her baby boy last night!! Congrats to the happy family!! :cheer1:

Hey Bren, if you come back today, "Hello"!! :love:

Hey Yard :waves:

Hey Yard :waves:

• Miany

:waves: good morning Jenie, Yard

• EyesofScorpio

#TeamStoneyJackson says:

I eat ass, so :shrugs:

-------------------------

:hahaha: :rofl:

• KP Gibson

@ Sandra Rose ¬¬

Miany :kiss: Scorpio :waves:

• PumpkinsMama

Jennnnnnnnnnay :kiss: Whatchu and lil J doin? I'm procrastin form washin my hair :wail:

Hey :waves:

Yard
      Miany
      Eyes (Stop laffin at my Boo Bren)

@ Stoney I would appreciate it if you kept our personal redezvous as just that, Personal :tea:

:whistle:

It's alright to be a lil sweet
      Bren is my Daddy with the fur
      and you know what in the sheets
      No Pain, No Gain, No Pain

• spiceykay

@jenie I watch Revenge and it is good one of my coworkers suggested it to me.

Spicey I'm watching it now :popcorn: I must say ... I am impressed chile :popcorn:

Pumkyn we about to head to my parents in about an hour :yes: I need to wash my hair as well :lol:

• http://gravatar.com/sincerity7 Sincerity7

Nowww I know why some folks breath always be stanking like $h!t

• Miany

:waves: good afternoon Pumpkins mama...just heading home from a run... dripping sweat from my head. Hair needs to be washed now too ladies

• Caramel Rain

:hi: Aunty! your boy T.I killed Bayfest last nite! He's an awesome performer and put on a hell of a show! So did R. Kelly! It was great, despite the rain. Tamar's on tonite! Yes, will be standing in the rain to see your girl! :peace:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ Caramel Rain: I'm glad you had a good time. :yes: Say hello to Tamar for me. :grill:

• PumpkinsMama

Don't forget to close your mouth or you'll drown :yawn:

• Yardgirl

Good afternoon Roses :waves:

Jenie
      Miany
      PumpkinsMama
      Caramel
      Sincerity
      Spicey
      EyesofScorpio
      KP Gibson
      MISS SANDRA!! and anyone my eyes may have missed 'cos this roll call is not easy :D

• Joewolf

Finally Affordable Health Care is here.

• SugarPieHoneybunn

PumpkinsMama says:

Don’t forget to close your mouth or you’ll drown
      ______________________________