Girl, 5, Struck and Killed While Trick or Treating

Autumn Mack

A Chapel Hill Elementary school student was struck by a car and killed while trick or treating with her family on Halloween night.

The Atlanta Journal-Constituion reports 5-year-old Autumn Mack was trick or treating with a group of people, including her parents, when she skipped ahead of the group and was hit by a minivan.

The accident happened on Pepperdine Drive around 7 p.m., according to Atlanta police.

The five-year-old had been standing behind her mother’s parked SUV before darting into the road, a DeKalb County police report stated.

She was transported to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, where she died, police said.

Grief counselors are meeting with students, faculty and staff at the school Friday, DeKalb County Schools spokesman Quinn Hudson said.

The driver of the minivan was not drinking or otherwise impaired at the time of the accident, according to the report. No charges have been filed. Source

37 Responses to “Girl, 5, Struck and Killed While Trick or Treating”

The Master Beta :D says:

I read about this and it broke my heart :cry: Please be careful next year while driving

GAGIRL87 says:

The five-year-old had been standing behind her mother’s parked SUV before darting into the road.
    _______________________________________________________________________

WOW my heart is breaking for her family, it can happen SO fasttt. Lord be with that family :pray:

GAGIRL87 says:

_______________________________________________________________________

Sandra stop being judgemental I mean really.. Not only am I praying for the family I’m praying for the driver of the car b/c I’m sure he or she is a wreck knowing they are the reason someone’s child is dead..

Awww. God keep her near. :heart: Peace and comfort to her family.

coco creamy says:

Gosh, when will folks stop this halloween stuff, I know it can happen at anytime. its just something about celebrating Evil, and the like there of. :sad:

It wasn’t anyone’s fault, young child just jumped out. It happens a lot … so sad, and the mother was there too. :sad:

puppylove says:

:sad: on a night when I am sure she was so happy. I usually try to find some brightness, or lesson from tragedy, but I cannot with this.

SAD

puppylove says: on a night when I am sure she was so happy. I usually try to find some brightness, or lesson from tragedy, but I cannot with this.
    ~
    Just an accident.
    She was excited, Im sure before her mother could utter, dont,stop,wait anything it Just happened :no:

Just Looking says:

This is why I told the youngest to keep his arse in the house. We got candy….It’s ain’t safe out there.

coco creamy says:

When I was a child I never thought about holloween as celebrating evil. All I wanted was the candy :shrugs: that’s all I thought about.

Smonae says:

“Everyone knows you drive slowly on Halloween night because kids are out and about trick or treating.” :yes:

This just breaks my heart :(

GellySammich says:

A 4yr old was run over by his own van in TN. Jumped out of it while it was moving (they kept the door open because they were trick or treating) and the back tires got him. :(

Smonae says:

I came a across a few ignorant drivers last night :nono: driving fast and not allowing groups of kids to cross the street.

Officer said Mack was standing in the roadway behind her mother’s car. A mini-van was turning left onto the road when Mack attempted to run across the road and was hit by the vehicle.

Looks like even if she was driving slow, she still would have gotten hit

Phrozen1der says:

Thus why I stayed in my house last night… :no:

Awww. God keep her near. Peace and comfort to her family.
    **********************

:cosign:
    :sad:

_______________________________________________________________________

GAGIRL87 says:

Sandra stop being judgemental I mean really..

If that was my kid there would have been 2 deaths on Pepperdine Road last night.

I will be back for a aint shyt post :bye: BBL

GAGIRL87 says:

Looks like even if she was driving slow, she still would have gotten hit
    _____________________________________________________________________

I agree Jenie

I always get on my nieces and nephew about walking ahead of us. :nono: I don’t play that ish, kids don’t know how to multitask. This is awful

GAGIRL87 says:

____________________________________________________________________

Me and my little man did too, we stayed at home made rice krispie treats and watched a movie..

Smonae says:

Just an unfortunate accident, I feel for the parents and this will also hunt the driver :no:

Kids do get excited and try to run free :shrugs: Some of the houses we visited last night had so many props and sound effects that my baby didnt let my hand go

When I was a child I never thought about holloween as celebrating evil. All I wanted was the candy that’s all I thought about.

————
    Me neither Jenie :no: Ppl make stuff what they want it to be

GAGIRL87 says:

_____________________________________________________________________

Sandra TRUST ME I GET IT I’m a mother myself but please believe that lady is going through it. Wondering what if this or that.. I couldn’t imagine going through what that mom is going through. In times like this what else can you do but pray & trust God in the midst of it all. Easier said than done tho..

what is WRONG wit folks??

Help! I love my son but I don’t like him! He looks just like his sorry ass daddy! He walks like him, talks like him, and has a baby **** like him! I’m not going to harm my baby but I hate looking at him! Is this a phase that I’m going through? Has any other ladies experienced this? Is this normal? This is my first child that I have kept and I want to be a good mom. Please don’t judge me.

:blink:

:oops: OMG i’m in the wrong post!

Sandra please delete #28!! :ashamed:

She so cute. Rip baby doll. Lord this made me daggone near weep!

Anna says:

They postponed T Or T in my city, due to the weather.
    This is one night I don’t mind parents putting their kids on a leash.
    Prayers to the family, & the driver.

Miany says:

:( my prayers are with them

:newpost: :phew:

:cosign: @Anna.

missmiami says:

sad

free says:

this is what happens when everybody wants to drive instead of walking their azzez from door to door.

cars were everywhere last night.

free says:

GellySammich says: A 4yr old was run over by his own van in TN. Jumped out of it while it was moving (they kept the door open because they were trick or treating) and the back tires got him.

*****************************************

halloween is the third deadliest day for pedestrians. and that’s before the new drive-by method of trick or treating. more cars, more danger.