Russell Simmons

Media mogul Russell Simmons says President Obama’s troubled health care law has already saved thousands, if not millions, of lives. Simmons made his ludicrous claims in an op-ed post on his website, Global Grind.

“Yes, we initially wanted single payer, and we had to compromise back in 2009 for the Affordable Care Act,” Simmons wrote. “But, [Obamacare] is a damn good piece of legislation that has already saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives. So, let us not give up now.”

Simmons did not provide any statistics or evidence to back up his claims.

Simmons was one of the privileged black journalists invited to the White House for a secret backroom meeting with President Obama on Wednesday. According to FOX News political analyst Juan Williams (who was also in the room), most of what Obama had to say in the closed door meeting was “off the record.” But it’s obvious that Simmons is nothing more than a willing mouthpiece to get the word out to black people that Obamacare is not dead in the water.

The president’s approval rating hit an all-time low this week at 37%, as millions more Americans learned their insurance policies were canceled.

But according to Simmons, Obamacare (with its significantly higher premiums) are better for you than your old policies that you loved.

Simmons writes:

And please don’t tell me this about people whose healthcare was canceled…because that healthcare is predatory and it is unconscionable that we would allow anyone in this country to own such policies.

Photo: Splash News Online

67 Responses to “Russell Simmons Says Obamacare Already Saved “Thousands, If Not Millions Of Lives””

WEll if Unc saYs it – its BOND :tea:

Matchsticks says:

interesting… :coffee:

Carrington says:

Damn… that Obie Care is a MIRACLE!

Saving lives two months before it even takes effect.

#Side eye

I love when rich people who wouldn’t be caught DEAD with Obie Care tell people who don’t have a choice how great something is for them.

free says:

how did he get in the room with REAL journalists?

I Know one thing I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sick of hearing\discussing this “AFFORDABLE HealthCare ACT”

Uuugh especially at home :smack:

Matchsticks says:

what about the lady who signed up and was told she’d be paying $160 a month, but the exchange made multiple mistakes with her application and it jumped up to $390 a month?

69 says:

Lies.

I fuxs with Obama but this healthcare shyt is for the birds and Obama DID flat out fcuking lie about this. That’s all I got. :kona:

Matchsticks says:

Ol’ Uncle Russ got paid off or bribed off…

69 says:

Luv

Folks at my job rates jumping upwards of 120% is some bullshyt tho, and I agree with them. We all do what we sposed to and we pay our fair share of taxes – don’t come fuggin with us. This IS some bull… Plus we young so they REALLY screwing us over. :no:

I still LUV u tho :kiss:

NEWSFLASH.

69 says:

Obama still better that Sandra’s friend Mitt Romney. He’d love to deport her azz back to Britain and force us back into the fields :rolleyes:

Ty says:

A game called “Point-em-out, Knock-em-out” has made its way to Lansing, and it’s exactly how it sounds. The game consists of someone being randomly targeted, then attacked.

It’s a game that has been growing with popularity on the internet, with teenagers filming themselves punching unsuspecting victims. Lansing had its first case of the game brought to light this summer, but it’s possible that it has been happening under the radar for months.

On February 26th a man waiting for his six-year-old daughter to be dropped off from school, had no idea he would be the city’s first reported victim.

“I saw the van circle twice, and the second time three kids came out. I didn’t suspect anything. I hadn’t any enemies, or any reason to believe they would be looking to do anything to me.”

We are not revealing the victim’s identity for his protection.

The victim was attacked by 17-year-old Marvell Weaver. But Weaver did more than try to knock his victim out, he tried to do it with a taser. Luckily for the victim, the taser didn’t work and he was able to protect himself with his concealed-carry .40 caliber pistol.

“He shoved something into my side. I wasn’t sure what it was. It had some force to it. I wasn’t sure if it was a knife or a gun,” said the victim.

Weaver was shot twice, in the leg and an inch away from his spine. He’s been sentenced to a year in jail for the attack, but he admits he’s getting off easy.

“It was just a lesson learned. I wish I hadn’t played the game at all,” said Weaver.

But Weaver say’s this wasn’t the first time he’d played it. Before he was caught, he and his friends had attacked random people on several occasions.

“Not many, six or seven. It wouldn’t be an every day game, just a certain game to be played on certain days. You don’t even try to rob them or anything. That’s the game,” said Weaver.

Weaver says it’s not gang related, teens are playing it because they’re bored. Plus, they’ve been seeing others doing it and getting away with it on the internet.

He says he used to play it because he was usually dared, while high and with a bad group of friends.

“They weren’t my normal group of friends. Someone just throws it out there and people go along with it. One thing leads to another and it just goes all down hill,” said Weaver.

Weaver said they liked to target crowds because it would be easier for them to get away. It could be played during the day or night, and it didn’t matter who the victim was, man or woman, old or young; anyone could be a potential target.

He had no idea that playing it would one day almost cost him his life, and land him in jail.

“There’s a price to pay if they wind up doing it. A good example is Marvell Weaver,” said Officer Robert Merritt, with Lansing P.D.

Lansing police are keeping an eye out for others playing the game. Depending on the severity, an attack could be considered a felony.

“It’s just senseless. Teenagers have a lot better things to do with their time,” said Merritt.

Senseless, and full of unpredictable consequences.

“What they tried to do to me wouldn’t have been a joke if they would’ve succeeded. My child would’ve been left with the aftermath of seeing her father in any type of way I would’ve been left,” said Weaver’s victim.

Obama DID flat out fcuking lie about this

69 :kiss: you a smart brother. You REALLY think Barack Obama KNEW ppl couldn’t take their coverage with them and then proceeded to say that over and over…and over again? :huh:

That’s not just saying that the President told a lie…that’s saying he is a “liar”; willfully telling something HE KNEW to be untrue as true… Really? :huh:

NEWSFLASH.

__________________________________

situation and name: both unfortunate

Who Dat says:Most widely known as the woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape, Crystal Mangum will now be known as a convicted killer.
    :eek
    What
    Happened??

@69 :kiss: Ok . IONo what riled you up about either of my comments :shrug: I SHOLE still luubs YEW TEW :hug:

With her crazy ass @Dubb. :no:

A seven-man, five-woman jury found Mangum, 34, guilty of second-degree murder in the April 3, 2011, stabbing of her boyfriend, 46-year-old Reginald Daye. He died 10 days later of complications at Duke University Hospital.

Mangum claimed the stabbing was a case of self-defense, saying Daye was beating her in a jealous rage.

Jurors deliberated for about six hours over two days before reaching their verdict. Superior Court Judge Paul Ridgeway then sentenced her to 170 to 216 months in prison.

Mangum made national headlines in March 2006 when she claimed that three players on the Duke University lacrosse team trapped her inside a bathroom when she was performing as a stripper at a team party and raped and sexually assaulted her. Her story about the incident was so inconsistent that Attorney General Roy Cooper later declared the players innocent, saying there was no credible evidence against them.

The Duke case was barely mentioned during the trial.

gbellab says:

but did he say it with a lisp tho?

Carrington says:

I love when people can separate their feelings for a PERSON from their feelings of a person’s actions.

Personally, I was never a HUGE Obama fan because he NEVER spoke on a single issue, he kept regurgitating that buzz word, “change” and at the time, that’s what the people wanted. After Bush, that’s what most people wanted, so we settled in.

I kept wanting him to tell me WHAT that change was and never got it. So, I wasn’t into the whole, “OBAMA 2008!” craze because I simply didn’t know what he had to offer… I definitely voted for him though… no to make history, but because I would’ve voted for Cyrus a POTUS and his husband as first lady before I would’ve helped Sarah Palin run this country.

I (heart) my people who can say, “I like Obama… but I don’t like this policy” it shows me that there are people who aren’t just supporting just because.

Ty says:

What fields Screw :shrug: Slavery didn’t happen according to the Repubs. they were paid interns :curse:

BUT if they had been supervised..nobody EVEN dares to “throws it out there.” :shrug: :no: :facepalm:

Actually…they don’t. No more after school programs. No jobs. Cant stay at the school. :shrug:

~
    ~
    ~
    ~~~~~
    this lil FockER though :no:

If this dude don’t change his wardrobe :no: Gon’ be in a wheelchair still dressed like that leaning to the side :(

Matchsticks says:

________

:yes:

Ty says:

Yep they are going to try the wrong person and its a wrap :smack: Luckily this guy was strapped :shotsfired:

@ TY Luckily this guy was strapped
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Luckily this Man Didn’t Kill him!

————
    Shouldve never got with that lying Bish. Mental

Gon’ be in a wheelchair still dressed like that leaning to the side

You stupidT, Cole. :hahaha:

GellySammich says:

:rules: <— petition for a funny post. Some folk ain't gonna be back until next month. Let's go out with a bang! PWWWWEEEEEEAAAAAASE

Weaver says it’s not gang related, teens are playing it because they’re bored.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Kids these days need to SAT they ays DOWN someplace. OR GET SAT DOWN.

See how that worked out?

TUH. Bad ays chirens. You picked the right one baby…(Ray Charles voice)

GellySammich says:

My BABE! :hug: :kiss:

Shouldve never got with that lying Bish. Mental

Dontdateherboy.,com :no: Crazy!!! :smack:

———–
    :thankyou:

Hiiiiiii :hug: How are you?? You leaving for the rest of the monF? :cry:

:mad: I just called SuperWalmart – they say they Absolutely honor WINN DIXIE’s Flyers :(

Im friggin Aggravated that lil girl threw a wrench in my shopping list yesterday and Nahh I got to go BYKE!

Kids these days need to SAT they ays DOWN someplace. OR GET SAT DOWN.
    See how that worked out?
    TUH. Bad ays chirens. You picked the right one baby…(Ray Charles voice)

!!!! :karate:

Damn he looking old :huh: sheesh

essenze says:

The idea was great but the execution wasn’t. I believe his heart was in the right place but America is such a captalist nation that enacting universal healthcare will forever be a struggle. Health insurance companies are in bed with the Republicans and have been rapping people for decades. They knew that this act would cut into all the money they have been stealing from hardworking Americans so they already had a plan to either drop peoples coverage or make it skyrocket in order to assist in defunding the act.

Ty says:

Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith’s son Jada treats girlfriend Kylie Jenner to a lavish shopping spree.

They come from two of the most wealthy families in Hollywood. So it goes without saying that Kardashian spawn Kylie Jenner and her rumoured beau Jaden Smith can afford to splurge on some expensive jewellery. And 15-year-old Jaden appeared to be in full ‘boyfriend’ mode as he was spotted clasping a gold chain around Kylie’s throat during an upscale shopping spree in West Hollywood on Tuesday.
    The 16-year-old reality star was clearly thrilled to be doted upon as she flashed a smile whilst being adorned with the expensive looking ornament.
    The only son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith could be seen standing behind the dark haired beauty as he rested his chin atop her head in a show of affection in the middle of a crystal shop in West Hollywood. Resting his arms on her shoulders, the young man looked to be quite the pro at wooing a teenage girl with his movie star wiles.
    The happy duo were also spotted perusing various arcane objects in the spiritually inspired boutique, including a singing bowl and some geometrically odd pieces of precious stone. Earlier in the day, Kylie and Jaden were spotted shopping at Fred Segal in the same neighborhood.
    Jacked from The Daily Mail

GellySammich says:

:lol: that’s only like a week punkin… no worries. I think we work Mon-Wed but if I have my way :eek:

Let’s go out with a bang!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Dont pull that thang out ‘less you tryna bang…Don’t even bang ‘less you tryna to hit somethannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

:danban:

Come on Sandy….

My walmart will “try” you too. Thats why I use the walmart over here out Westl. :gossip:

Take the ad with you, place it on top of the stuff as you checking out…all your winndixie bogos upfront, say, with the ad on top of them…make sure they have the prices tho. So the full ad not the pull out thingy. After mom got refused for coupons I knew they should have taken I called and they directed me to their website. :yes:

Anna says:

Carrington says:

Damn… that Obie Care is a MIRACLE!

Saving lives two months before it even takes effect.

~~~~~~~
    I thought it got pushed back to 2015?

Ty says:

luVn_liFe… says:

I thought that was weird, Wally World honors EVERYTHING :yes:

Next time call a manager

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:yawn:

<<< Convinced that Hollywood is a big azz CULT.

"They come from two of the most wealthy families in Hollywood"

:rofl: just watched “thin line vid” HTown
    martin is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO stOOpid!

B . . Yeah Ima have to go to the Walmart further SOUTH :shrug:
    Which Ive ALWAYS went to but this marketplace walmart is literally 5 mins away :(
    SOOO FOR my Savings gotta GO SoutH

And Shirley Murdoch SANG the hell outta her verse
    :listen:

GellySammich says:

=/ soooo I’m just gonna go eat my boredom away

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

=/ soooo I’m just gonna go eat my boredom away
    by GellySammich on Nov 22, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    ————–
    You and me both :rolleyes: well not eat but be bored

_______________________________

It really bothers me that young people are the ones who are like okay I will just pay the penalty when they could subsidize the care and go from there. Fukk you if you that sorry…if its truly above and beyond what you can afford you can get subsidized! Everybody always crying about GHETTO BABY MAMAS getting welfare GET CHU SOME FEWL.

Also if you lost a plan, chances are your plan fukking sucked. It doesn’t even meet the BASIC requirements which is why it can’t go under ACA.. chill. Cause your sorry ass insurance company is the reason we in this chit. :stop:

And you know what your raggedy ass insurance company/employer CREATED these terrible ass plans AFTER the guidelines were set. AFTER. You try to tell me they don’t want it to fail and I tell you :buttshake:

Speaking of sorry ass companies and reasons, finally ppl are asking why health care costs so much. Im in the industry and it absolutely BLOWS my fukking mind how much chit does not cost but how much we charge for it :eek: WAKE THE FUKK UP. An aspirin costing you 15 dollas cost that hospital TWO CENTS. TWO CENTS. :facepalm:

Folk don’t want to lose their big over-inflated checks. AND ONE MORE then fukk.this.chit, everybody all you support cause he Black NAWL I support cause I’m the 99%!

I think we work Mon-Wed but if I have my way

:lol: I’m thinking Monday. Only. :eek:

The Master Beta :D says:

Do rich people have health insurance or do they just pay the bill :blink:

Also if you lost a plan, chances are your plan fukking sucked. It doesn’t even meet the BASIC requirements which is why it can’t go under ACA.. :ido:

essenze says:

Speaking of sorry ass companies and reasons, finally ppl are asking why health care costs so much. Im in the industry and it absolutely BLOWS my fukking mind how much chit does not cost but how much we charge for it WAKE THE FUKK UP. An aspirin costing you 15 dollas cost that hospital TWO CENTS. TWO CENTS.

:applause:

Ty says:

Having a famous name doesn’t always mean there’s money in the bank.

Former kid pop star Aaron Carter, 25, has filed for bankruptcy, claiming to have tax and credit debts exceeding $3.5 million while possessing just $8,232.16 in assets — just $977.16 of that in accessible cash, according to documents obtained by omg!.

Carter, the younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, says in his court filing, dated Oct. 23, that he owes $2,204,654 to creditors, including a $1,307,648 income tax debt to the IRS, and a $31,166 American Express bill.

“Aaron filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection to alleviate past issues in an effort to move forward with his life and career,” his rep tells omg! in a statement. “The overwhelming majority of the debt he is asking to be discharged is from more than 10 years ago when he was a minor and not in control of his finances.”

Chapter 7 is the most aggressive form of bankruptcy, requiring liquidation of most assets, and absolving the petitioner of the bills they owe (aka creditors will not recover the funds). The big downside is that a filing for Chapter 7 will stay on one’s credit report for 10 years.

Carter’s finances were handled by his parents: his dad acted as business manager, and mother was his manager. As Aaron told it earlier this year: “There was lot’s of money made, hundreds of millions of dollars.” But, eventually problems arose between the singer and his folks about where that money was going. “When I was 13-14, I started paying attention to what my mom and dad were doing [with my money], and I wanted to know about stuff. I started getting familiar about taxes. … I was becoming very inquisitive and my parents didn’t like that.” He eventually cut business ties with his parents.

:ewpost:

:newpost:

*/rant

:ashamed:

Just Looking says:

Obama didn’t lie about anything. They are “standing” up a healthcare system products with various agencies/companies; experian, social security office, INS, veterans and several other companies and it can only work if people partner with each other……..

Obama Care/Affordable Care Act – Saved my life! I once got insurance back in 06 and I had to wait a year before the insurance company would pay due to Pre-existing condition for my scripts. (which prior to ACA was pregnancy, asthma, high blood pressure) All the mess blacks have or know someone that has. You will die or go bankrupt trying to pay for some prescriptions.

:obama:

free says:

luVn_liFe… says: Also if you lost a plan, chances are your plan fukking sucked. It doesn’t even meet the BASIC requirements which is why it can’t go under ACA..

*******************************

:preach:

likeCaesar says:

The plans that were canceled did not meet basic requirements under the ACA. Why would you want a crappy plan that covers nothing? Yea…I’m paying more just like everybody else, but my niece is still insured under my sister while she’s college. My father was able to get health insurance with a pre-existing condition after being dropped from his previous policy.

We’d be better off with a single payer system but this compromise is working for lots of people.

What has the GOP proposed as an alternative? I’ll wait…

likeCaesar says:

Also, how can we say the ACA is a failure because of website gliches? How about you pick up the phone and call! You know…the telephone. That thing we all used to use before becoming dependant on the internet.

The damn thing hasn’t even been fully implemented. SMH…