Video: Atlanta Bar Denies Entry to Drag Queen

Alissah Brooks

Gay rights groups are calling for a boycott after an Atlanta bar denied entry to a popular cross dressing performer.

A bouncer at Don Pollo Bar and Grill on Buford Highway denied entry to drag queen performer Alissah Brooks, whose driver’s license identified him as a male, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“My reaction is simply just surprised… So it feels awkward,” Brooks told Project Q Atlanta. ” (I) Feel a little less than.”

Brooks and his friends walked back to their cars after the encounter with the bouncer. But one friend returned to the door to pester the bouncer with questions — and videotape his answers.

From The AJC.com:

In the video, a restaurant representative tells Brooks’ friends the bouncer was right to turn her away. “Yeah, we can do that,” he says. “We have the right to be selective… We can do that. We’re private property. We have the right to do that.”

The video, along with Brooks’ account of the incident on her Facebook page, has prompted droves of supporters to admonish the restaurant on social media sites.

The news has spread quickly. One user posted the following review to Don Pollo’s Facebook page: “Civil Rights for all Americans, from your friends in Canada. I hope to hear that this bigoted dump goes out of business just like other bigoted establishments in the recent past!”

Brooks told Project Q she will not sue the bar over the incident. “I’m just spreading the word so everyone is aware,” she said.”I’m not seeking a lawsuit. Just awareness. Hopefully an apology and maybe they can be more sensitive to other girls like myself.”

Gay marriage is not legal in Georgia, and adult establishments that serve liquor can bar anyone from entering if they don’t have the proper identification.

• Transgender Prostitute Gangs Invade Midtown Atlanta
  • Transgender Boy Wins Right to Use Girls’ Restroom at School
  • FOX News Anchor Refuses to Call Bradley Manning ‘She’ or ‘Her’
  • Morehouse Under Fire For Asking Black Men to Be Men

111 Responses to “Video: Atlanta Bar Denies Entry to Drag Queen”

The Master Beta :D says:

:shrug:

If you are a dude, and go somewhere dressed as a woman, wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of having a photo id?
      :think:

Much ado about nothing…

:blink:

_______
      :eek:
      :ha: :haha:

I’d still eat there if the food is good. :tea:

lovezoe says:

Please stop equating civil rights to the likes of this. While the gays may do get some hatred, they never had high powered hoses on them, dogs on them, or lynched. Establishments have the rights to deny service to anyone. If he a girl, why not go the legal right and change your license. Does the dude look like the girl at all?

Ty says:

They have a right to refuse service to anyone. Not saying its right but she/he didn’t match his identification :shrug:

Just Looking says:

The staff is very discriminatory towards GLBT people. Don’t eat here.

Watch the video on YouTube where the manager says they’re allowed to “be selective” of who they let into their establishment.

:yes: done updated the YELP post and everythang. :tea:

Just Looking says:

I’d still eat there if the food is good. :tea:
      Yep :yes:

Apparition says:

Bouncer probably saved your life.

Bar owner didn’t want his place to be taken away or over.

Ish just goes too far, Shim’s need NEW ID’s. FOHWBS yo!

How you(you,me,or shim) expect to gain entry using an ID that does not look like you :eek:

lovezoe says:

:thankyou:

lovezoe says:

<—— still eats at Chick FIL A

I BET they were all overdramatic and ish too :tea:

lovezoe says:

<—— still eats at Chick FIL A

:cosign: AND I'd eat here too :shrug:

essenze says:

This is a society of private enterprise. As a private enterprise, they have the right to deny entry. People get denied because of dress code standards all the time, nothing new.

Just Looking says:

Apparition says:

Bouncer probably saved your life.
      Bar owner didn’t want his place to be taken away or over.
      This statement sounds familiar

:scared: :kona:

Ty says:

Apparition says:

Bouncer probably saved your life.
      _________
      yep he was probably being proactive and said I don’t have time for this shyt tonight :nono:

What if shem was approached by a male that was under the impression it was a “real” female and peeped that damn Adams apple :chase:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

I BET they were all overdramatic and ish too

You already know :tea: hey boo :hug:

lovezoe says:

I BET they were all overdramatic and ish too
      —————
      Queening out. I wonder who the likes of Derek J model themselves after. I haven’t met one bio female that acts like the female gays.

=====
      BISH :blink: Sue for what?!?!?! Where’s the Damage? :huh:
      The restaurant needs to sue your ass :lol: Where’s this video? Anybody seen it? Because if the bouncer did things the right way, that’s it, no story :no: IMB of course :lol:

essenze says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

lovezoe says:

<—— still eats at Chick FIL A

AND I'd eat here too

_____

Same here. I believe a person has a right to their own person beliefs. I don't see how that belief ties into those good ol' chicken biscuits :-P

Apparition says:

:huh:

Chile I just watched the video :hahaha: chile these queens is loud and wrong :rofl: just wrong !!!!

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

:applause:

Just Looking says:

Professor….

Jacked from

YELP

The staff is very discriminatory towards GLBT people. Don’t eat here.

Type in the name of the establishment

Just Looking says:

Sandra says that when she cleans house……

jamil2008 says:

I’m a woman…a REAL, naturally born woman. If I walked up to an establishment and handed a bouncer an ID that states I’m a male, I’d probably turned around too. If HE (the tranny) is so a adamant about being acknowledge as a woman, then why not go thru the necessary legal and medical steps to make it official. Sure, HE may feel as though he has the appearance and mental disposition of a woman. He may even like the same things most women like–dyck. But he’s a man first and foremost. Malicious intent or not, the bouncer had ever right to deny HIM entry. If HE and HIS MALE companions(the “vocal fry” was a dead give away, real women don’t sound like that) have a problem with it, maybe they should open up their own bar. Smh, so sick of this gay agenda (population control) being shoved down our throats. I’m beginning to lose the little bit of respect I had for them. I can’t take any man seriously who willingly accepts a life of having to where butt plugs. The end.

there’s some real winners on homewreckers
      :no:

The process:
      :eek:
      :love:
      :huh:
      :think:
      :mad:
      :shotsfired1:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I tried to log in 3 times and the screen shook and said :no:
      I was like :eek: I know this ain’t bout me not liking being pregnant. I said I fulfilled my task :angry: All I said after that was I going to die soon like a spider after they mate and give birth :lol:

I haven’t met one bio female that acts like the female gays.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      KMichelle

Ty says:

@ Man ….exactly :yes:

In that order :crying:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Don’t nobody care about this batty boi :stop: They checked IDs and yours didn’t match young man :rules: YOU ARE A BOY DAMON

Just Looking says:

@Taken – :rofl:

I haven’t met one bio female that acts like the female gays.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      KMichelle

by Who Dat on Nov 12, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Then she claim every nigga gay….

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

*sips on my Chik Fil A lemonade* You mad Mr. Alissha Brooks :eek:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

O EM GEE :gossip: so that’s why Chris Bosh was spreading cheeks on that video. He was letting the plugs air out :ghost:

This is tellin folk how to dress. Who cares if he, she, it was dressed as a woman???? Are they going in there ordering drinks? Is money going to be spent? That is All THEY (the bar) should give a fugg about.

Cause money is green. Not male or female. Money is NOT gender specific. It dont care whatchu dressed like.

essenze says:

I am up in here in tears lol. The queens try too hard to be women. Everything they do is overly exaggerated.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Cause baby….when my 18yo seen that gay man in front of us in the Food Lion buying tampons and baby wipes… ????

:blink: <<< trying to figure it out.
      :shrug: <<< gave up trying. Threw the towel in.
      Then my SISTER told her what was up :gossip: <<< me and sis

:eek: << This was her face immejiatley after
      :wail: <<< like Kevin Hart cause she wasnt readdddddddddddddddy

lovezoe says:

I haven’t met one bio female that acts like the female gays.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      KMichelle

————–//-/-
      :kona:

———–
      :hailnaw: I can’t

MSVALLDAY says:

A phony id is a phony id period point blank. If you’re ID says you are supposed to be a man and you show up a woman they don’t know if anything else on your id is correct. It’s a misrepresentation of who you are. If they are an establishment that serves beer and alcohol they need to see who exactly they are allowing into said establishment.

lovezoe says:

So gay dudes really use stuff to loosen their butts. :vomit:

________
      :stop:

:hurl:

@San that is AWL HE HAD. And he was FLAMING chile. FLAMING.

18 yo was like I KNEW he aint have a baby…I knew he aint have a period. But I just COULDN’T make the correlation to his two express lane ITEMS MAN!

:ghost:

MSVALLDAY says:

_____

But the law is very clear on who can and cannot be around alcoholic beverages. If you cannot clearly identify who is coming into your establishment it’s safe to just say no.

KyCakes says:

Only @Man can tell an entire story with Sandy’s emotes :lol: :hug:

SOTHERNGRL says:

:offtopic: LAWD these homewreckers of Alabama Uh Uh Uh. Sir I have not seen your wives but these chicks I have seen so far :facepalm:

And he was FLAMING chile. FLAMING.
      ————
      That ass was FLAMINING Later :hahaha:

KyCakes says:

@Dub So wait…They use the ‘pons as dookie hole plugs?

Well chit :blink:

#TheMoreYouKnow

KyCakes says:

Ok but why does she look like Khloe Simpson…I thought… :no:

Know what? Nevamind :tape:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

@Dub So wait…They use the ‘pons as dookie hole plugs?
      ———–
      They booties be oozing :no:

SOTHERNGRL says:

~
      Just ALLa em’! Dang these bisshes are busted lOOking – eewH

A.J. says:

I’d say they helped shim out. You run the risk of losing your life on Buford Highway. :no:

@Dub So wait…They use the ‘pons as dookie hole plugs?

Well chit

#TheMoreYouKnow

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      THIS IS A DAMILY SITE. DONT MAKE ME SAY IT. But my sister HG has a gay brother. Said he has more ‘pons than the fem product aisle at Wal-Mart :crying1:

FAMILY. Sorry

I can’t take it, I can’t comprehend. :crying:

KyCakes says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

@Dub So wait…They use the ‘pons as dookie hole plugs?
      ———–
      They booties be oozing :no:
      —————————————————————–
      I was not in the know….

Lemme say it again..He had a camel toe…a monkey paw…a walrus fist

:nono: <———- Dikembe Mutumbo

SOTHERNGRL says:

IF YOUR PSSY WAS GOOD HE WOULD HAVE STAYED
      —————————————–
      What a man on the homewrecker site said

:facepalm:

:stop:

I don’t like where this conversation is headed! :nono:

KyCakes says:

:rofl: @Man said ‘cease & desist’ :rofl:

IF YOUR PSSY WAS GOOD HE WOULD HAVE STAYED
      —————————————–
      What a man on the homewrecker site said
      :dead: :lol:

KyCakes says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:
      @Dub So wait…They use the ‘pons as dookie hole plugs?
      ———–
      They booties be oozing :no:
      —————————————————————–
      I was not in the know….
      I did work with a gay Man once who tucked so well, this alabaster had a camel toe….<<<<< :crying:

IF YOUR PSSY WAS GOOD HE WOULD HAVE STAYED
      —————————————–
      What a man on the homewrecker site said

:dead: :lol:

~
      :huh:
      Da Hell is Funny :duel:

@Man said ‘cease & desist’
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Lmao. He shole did though

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Lemme say it again..He had a camel toe…a monkey paw…a walrus fist
      <———- Dikembe Mutumbo
      ————-
      I quit

IF YOUR PSSY WAS GOOD HE WOULD HAVE STAYED
      —————————————–
      What a man on the homewrecker site said

:dead: :lol:

~
      :huh:
      Da Hell is Funny :duel:
      Would you stay with someone if the sex ain’t good? I would not.

beQuietAJ
      :nana:

A.J. says:

Chit it’s RUFF out here in deez streetz.

Jessie says:

He should stop whining. He didn’t have proper ID. They were well within their rights to deny him entry.

Ty says:

A BOSSIP source close to the beaten baby mama’s camp claims that this tattooed rhyme-spitter got into a knock-down-drag-out brawl with the mother of his child after she caught wind of his dirty dog deeds with another woman.

Although this MC has experienced a modicum of success in the past years, he is a known wankster who likes to put on as if his money is a lot older than the name of his record label suggests.

He’s recently been seen parading around town with some of his A-List friends, thirsty for photo ops that will keep him relevant while his career is on serious slide. For the life of us we can’t figure out why these friends are hangin’ out with him, but that’s neither here, nor there.

Considering that this frail-bodied fraud is so skinny, we’re actually surprised that his baby mama didn’t whoop his azz once the fade commenced.
      ________

SOTHERNGRL says:

Where in the world are they getting these women pictures from? They cant be this uncute in real life.

Come on Teena Marie :whistle:

When the push comes to shove and you need a little love
      Let me put some rock into your world
      Call it love don’t be shy
      You know love will make you high

_______
      Tyga.

What is this homewrecker site yall speaketh of? :blink:

A.J. says:

What is this homewrecker site yall speaketh of?
      shesahomewrecker

KyCakes says:

@DTTS FB has a page called ‘She’s a Homewrecker’

:waves:
      :tea:

_______
      Tyga.
      OR Lil Bow Wow

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Bye guys :bye:
      DTTS you better be here at the same time as me tomorrow :eek;

SOTHERNGRL says:

It should be illegal to post things like this unless they can be verified. I was happily married in 2009 and my husband didnt have a best friend. So, before you blast someoneor namname call maybe you should consider your source.
      —————————–
      Said by one of the so-called homewreckers

Tyga.
      OR Lil Bow Wow
      I’m trying to figure out..neither has A-list friends…

DTTS hey babe :woot:

Ty says:

@ Yall :danban: <<<<<<<<<<really my footwork :rofl:

I think its Tyga because he has been hanging with attention craving Sahara and Ye :yes:

:peace: crazy azz Taken

For everyone hoping Ceaser from Black Ink would break up with Dutchess, it looks like your dreams have come true…

It all played out on Twitter last night after Ceaser posted a cryptic Tweet about a bitch who called the cops on him followed Dutchess connecting the dots with her response.
      ————-
      :popcorn:

SOTHERNGRL says:

Do other people have to fuss at their damn Boss?

That is Wiz in the blind item

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Young Money Entertainment…okay its Tyga.

SOTHERNGRL says:

That is Wiz in the blind item
      ——————————
      Please say it aint so Not Wiz. Nooooooooo. But then again I should not be surrpised

Miany says:

:waves: heyyy
      whodat, sothern, san, ty , dtts, aj, lovezoe, msva, jenie, jessie, luvn, ky

Do other people have to fuss at their damn Boss?
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I had checked my email while I was on vacation in the mountains back in October. So yeah I was guilty to start with. But then I stayed logged in by accident; and went down to the casino…WHY this heffa (my boss)…got to sending EMAILS at 12 a.m. EST Friday night/Sat. morning. I mean my phone was justa dayum CHIMING indicating new emails :eek: I sent her an email and went SMOOVE OFF on her. BISH IF YEW DONT LOG THE HAIL OFF AND GO TO BED SOMEPLACE :pc: <<< I SEE YOU.

Hey @Miany :hug:

really my footwork
      :dead:
      ========
      :hi: Miany & Southern *adds yalls names to #90* :D

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

The militant gays have decided that ALL men who dress in women’s clothing are born females and therefore they are a protected species.

Doesn’t Talk To Strangers sayys:

Where’s this video? Anybody seen it?

You didn’t read my post, did you?

jamil2008 says:

So gay dudes really use stuff to loosen their butts.
      ——————————————————————-

No the butt plugs are used so that they don’t do an number 2 on themselves. The area down there is so loose from unnatural entry that they lose their bowels easily. God made it tight like that for a reason, just like cigarettes make you cough, fire burns you, certain plants taste horrible raw–all these things, God did for a reason–because it’s just not healthy, physically or mentally. I’m trying to be as tactful as possible with this subject but the truth is just the truth.

jamil2008 says:

Because most drag queens live their day-to-day lives as men. They just dress in drag for shows and such. This is why the gay agenda is so ridiculous. The majority of drag queens don’t want to have the surgery to be women. :no:

datsmdubya2u says:

yeah yeah well if the can deny service to anyone what would happen to an establishment that denies service based on skin color?