Adidas Signs Kanye West To $10 Million Deal

Adidas Signs Kanye West for $10 Million

The corporate sponsorships keep rolling in for troubled music producer Kanye West, despite his recent rant against corporate greed. Footwear giant Adidas announced a new sponsorship deal with West worth $10 million.

$10 million might not seem like a lot of money considering the hundreds of millions Adidas and NIKE throws at professional athletes for endorsements, but West will reportedly receive royalties on his products. The lack of royalties is the reason behind West’s split with NIKE.

“For 2014, we welcome to the adidas family one of the most influential cultural icons of this generation, Kanye West. Well known for breaking boundaries across music, film and design and partnering with our history in street wear culture and leading innovations in sport, we look forward to creating a new chapter. Details to follow.” Source

• Barney’s NY Wants You to Know….
  • Chris Brown Launches New Backpack Collection
  • Jay Z Under Pressure to Cancel Barneys Event
  • Samsung Buys 1 Million Jay Z Albums (is that even legal?)

57 Responses to “Adidas Signs Kanye West To $10 Million Deal”

GAGIRL87 says:

I really don’t like Kanye an that’s real

MSVALLDAY says:

This fool is starting to really irritate the hell out of me, but I don’t knock nobody’s hustle. Do you, get that cash.

Miany says:

:kiss: Gagirl
      :waves: hey msva
      $10 million :danban1: now he can be happier bout that 13 mil he lost to da fashion industry

Miany says:

I dont blame him for leaving Nike beyond his royalties…It was selling based on his fame….the shoe was called AIR YEEZY’s for pete’s sake :tea:

one of the most influential cultural icons of this generation
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      iS hE nOW?!?!?!!???

:wave: MIANY

Ms Peaches says:

Now he and his baby momma can have a shoe line. Miany you right about him making some of that $$ back.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This is why he KEEP cuttin the dayum monkey. Why folks keep telling him this ish?

Miany says:

:waves: Heyyy Luvn, WhoDat, MsPeaches
      I read the comments downstairs….I ABSOLUTELY HAAAAAATE yall :casket:

Anna says:

luVn_liFe… says:

one of the most influential cultural icons of this generation
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      iS hE nOW?!?!?!!???

~~~~~~~~~~
      According to him.

GAGIRL87 says:

Miany :hug: hey boo!

KABYEYOU says:

his shoes will never sell like they used too

MissHarlem says:

:huh: who over at Addidas was smokin my stash when they wrote that up :waiting:

The lack of royalties is the reason behind West’s split with NIKE.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Nike only gives royalties to professional athletes. It always has and it always will. It was supposed to change its biz practices for him? A multi-billion dollar company? He knew that going in.

I am on Nike’s side.

GAGIRL87 says:

I’m tired of putting money into these celebs pockets, How bout I put that money towards my savings account Kanye :coffee:

Hey @Miany :hug:

MissHarlem says:

I aint fixing typos either

IsThisThingOn... says:

Congrats! :yes:

Now simmer down and try to be :happy: and not so :angry: all the time.

———–
      I asked my hunny yesterday, mic in face, how does it feel to make all these gas station indians rich?? Shyt need my own

tintin1979 says:

this won’t last, with his stink attitude that contract will be annulled.

Ms Peaches says:

Everybody done with Christmas shopping???

Miany says:

I only saw celebrities wearing those hideous shoes. :coffee:

MissHarlem says:

Also Nike never strayed from their sole mission which is for athletes to strive and be a champion (some chit like that). They will always hold that title and that credibility due to them sticking to whats true to them. Try again entertainers :nono:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ San I wish there were more black owned beauty supply stores I mean who knows our hair better than US who better to sell OUR shyt to than US. Man we could make a killing..

gypsyeyes says:

I aint giving that nucca no money…I like Ye and all but the hell if I’m paying alladat money to be walking on some pissy ass ground in Atlanta that Benny the homeless man that can make his hands whistle on.

Rich get Richer and the poorer get poorer :|

MissHarlem says:

I missed Dusty last night. Did she do anything dustacular on Black Ink?

=—————
      EXACTLY, selling our shyt to us and they don’t even need or wear the shyt :no:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

*Runs into the room with my lip trembling*
      WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTT HAPPENED?!
      I spent the last 30 minutes reading previous posts and I am still like :wtf:
      Miss a post miss a lot.
      #FREETY

MissHarlem says:

GA/SAN call me crazy but I always wanted to own a bss and a laundromat. Those always make money. Dont let down south show me that opportunity. Free yakis for everyone on the blog :lol:

Miany says:

@tintin is that Rih in ur gravi???? :lol:
      @San the gas companies got the shii wired where even when you OWN the gas station u cant profit off the gas.. gotta make ur money INSIDE the station like with the shii u sell to folk..
      @whodat… I feel you but I dunno why Nike got that f’ed up policy then folk still make deals with em….if I were a celeb I’d fugg with Reebok/Puma/Adidas all day in that case.

I missed Dusty last night. Did she do anything dustacular on Black Ink?

——–
      :bye: BYE :lol:

Ms Peaches says:

Everybody done with Christmas shopping???
      ______________________________

thought i was til Toys R Us renigged on my order. talmbout some they cancelled because all my stuff was now out of stock :rolleyes: but i just ordered it yesterday for cyber monday.

how my baby supposed to celebrate the birth of jesus without her doc mcstuffins dress up outfit?!?!? how i ask?!?!

GA/SAN call me crazy but I always wanted to own a bss and a laundromat.
      —————
      ASHID GONE HEAD :yes: Sure do.

@Miany I believe it :yes: They still killing us tho. Funny how we be working the cooking joint in there tho and not them :lol:

Caramel Rain says:

San ah make ya dance says:

———–

***********
      :love: that’s so sweet

VDot says:

Auntie, you in here? If so, FREE TY!!!! FREE PRYNN!

:whistle:

Free Your Mind and the rest will follow :yes:

On Topic – Good Job ‘Ye :thumbsup: I’m probably not buying any of the shoes, but good job homie.

Miany says:

Sandra.. .I’m with you…I aint neva see no regular workin folk rock aire Yeezys either…
      +1 on the black owned Beauty Supply stores yall.

Bigbadwolf says:

Congrats to Kanye I my son loves the Yeezy’s but he doesn’t really wear Adidas unless they are samoas, so I’ll have to see what they come up with.

KABYEYOU says:

his high end sneakers are hideous, but just like anything in our culture you put a high price on it and some material ninjas aren’t used to and only make 1,000 pair then you can charge anything and people will pay

smart marketing by mr yeezus. but you can do that with nike I don’t know about adidas

I am not sure if yall seen me shout Rih out for wearing New Balances…but NB’s are the only sneakers I wear. For political reasons. Now if Kanye is so political these gatdayum days about modern day slavery…he woulda used THAT as a platform on WHY he was leaving Nike. Not behind MONEY.

He shouldn’t promote Nike’s b/c they are made by most likely a 12 year old Indonesian boy who is making 7 cents a day.

Adidas TOO.

Good day Kanye. You aint do the EDUCATION. YOU AINT GOT ALL THE ANSWERS.

MissHarlem says:

SAN I guess thats a dustounding no huh :lol:

:lol: I said get now! Caramel

the asian beauty supply store by me is going out of business. they had a buy one get FOUR free sale.

i lost my whole entire mind. got stuff i didnt even know they still make like 5 bottles of kemi oil :rofl:

gypsyeyes says:

I ordered some stuff online. kids lists were small but I will do extra. My son got them both bikes and my daughter got them both tablets. those were the big ticket items.

VDot says:

Auntie, you in here? If so, FREE TY!!!! FREE PRYNN!

Don’t consider it as banishment; they were simply freed to go and sip tea on other blogs. :tea:

Miany says:

but NB’s are the only sneakers I wear. For political reasons.
      ^^ :yes: good ole merrrican made shoes

———–
      :cosign: He want that money tho when it’s all said and done

And dont get me wrong. I do have a few pairs of Nike’s. I try NOT to though. But hail I am a work in progress. I am only 10 years removed from being a die hard sneaker head.

Caramel Rain says:

Ms Peaches says:

Everybody done with Christmas shopping???

**********

Harlem nothing worth discussing, looks more like something next show

VDot says:

But Ty was innocent Auntie! She was on your side :yes: Prynn too

:newpost:

KABYEYOU says:

damn PRYNN gone?

*pours a little out*

what happened though I missed it

I aint even started Xmas shopping and got 6 nieces and nephews. Yall pray for me, I may dump my guy just to make it :rofl: IKID

Congrats to Ye tho. I still respect his entrepenuerial(?) spirit and his resilience. :champ:

i think its a great example for our black boys. you may not like HOW he does it but at least he gets up and does it. a lot of ppl just fall by the wayside without ever having tried.

my son looks up to these kind of ppl and when puffy came out with a whole entire channel he was amazed.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

You aint do the EDUCATION. YOU AINT GOT ALL THE ANSWERS.
      I wanna laugh at this but I don’t even have the giggles to give. This blog day started with so much promise :no:
      Going to work for the next 20 minutes :lol:

Fated4Greatness says:

I guess Adidas got the answers…..Im still tickled from how he kirked on Sway :lol:

eastpointvet says:

dope deal i hope he does all the been trying to accomplish which no black person has every crossed that barrier. then when we look back the rants will look less like rants and more like prophesy