Obamacare Creator: If you like your doctor, you can pay more to keep him/her

Obamacare creator

Zeke Emanuel, the mastermind behind the disastrous Obamacare health insurance legislation (Affordable Care Act) appeared as a guest on FOX News Sunday. The host, Chris Wallace, asked Emanuel bluntly if President Obama lied when he told millions of Americans they could keep their doctor.

CHRIS WALLACE: “President Obama famously promised, if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Doesn’t that turn out to be just as false, just as misleading, as his promise about if you like your plan, you can keep your plan? Isn’t it a fact, sir, that a number, most, in fact, of the Obamacare health plans that are being offered on the exchanges exclude a number of doctors and hospitals to lower costs?”

Zeke Emanuel: “The president never said you were going to have unlimited choice of any doctor in the country you want to go to.”

CW: “No. He asked a question. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Did he not say that, sir?”

ZE: “He didn’t say you could have unlimited choice.”

CW: “It’s a simple yes or no question. Did he say if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor?”

ZE: “Yes. But look, if you want to pay more for an insurance company that covers your doctor, you can do that. This is a matter of choice. We know in all sorts of places you pay more for certain — for a wider range of choices or wider range of benefits.The issue isn’t the selective networks. People keep saying, Oh, the problem is you’re going to have a selective network–”

CW: “Well, if you lose your doctor or lose your hospital–”

ZE: “Let me just say something. People are going to have a choice as to whether they want to pay a certain amount for a selective network or pay more for a broader network.”

CW: “Which will mean your premiums will probably go up.”

ZE: “They get that choice. That’s a choice they always made.”

CW: “Which means your premium may go up over what you were paying so that, in other words –

57 Responses to “Obamacare Creator: If you like your doctor, you can pay more to keep him/her”

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:blink: :kona:

free says:

chris wallace is still beating a dead horse, i see :coffee:

lovezoe says:

Are we still not allowed to go off topic? Many times with insurance your provider changes. I have Tricare Standard now, before on Prime they changed doctors many times. Either the doctor got stationed somewhere else or just because. I couldn’t even have my oldest on with an OBGYN, I had it with an FP. Now on Standard (which we pay for), I get my own choice as long as they accept Tricare. Be like that. You want quality you gone have to pay for that.

Hershey says:

What insurance does President Obama have? What are his premiums and if he had to, would he have Obamacare?

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Somebody :cell: call me when it’s ok to laugh.
    Thanks for the post SR :grill: I know you are hard at work working on another post

FuturedocDonte says:

FOX News Sunday
    —-
    The same group of white folk that flew over hurricane Katrina victims while they :waves: from the roof. Only time I watch fox is when the game is on…. And family guy :coffee:

Insurance Schminsurance :shrug:
    I think that it’s AWESOME that people with pre-existing issues can now be taken care of… Ours went up last year, and the company just switched to another one, and now I am paying what I was paying last yr :shrug:

lovezoe says:

:wail: Maybe this is why no Good Wife :thinking:
    :sarcasm:

Caramel Rain says:

*************
    That is true. If your provider is no longer in your network due to the change in the insurance policy, then if you want to keep your same provider, you will have to go out of network and pay higher out of cost fees. I’m sick of hearing abuot this. I had to drop my insurance b/c it went up too much and my husband has to put me on his plan starting 2014 and it still went up 30 dollars a week for individual +spouse. And that’s BSBC. Yes, additional 120 a month for a damn standard plan.

And I cannot keep my current OB/GYN b/c he’s not in network. I’ve been seeing this man since I was 18. FTS. Im over it.

KayCeiSoul says:

The same group of white folk that flew over hurricane Katrina victims while they :wave: from the roof.

******************************************

And sponsored the same weather channel that gave updates on Hurricane Katrina while playing “Blue October” – a song that repeats the words “Into the ocean and end it all”.

I was like :eek: and verbally said, “Hell NAW!” in front of my Mama.

lovezoe says:

DTTS- I am already missing it. I can’t wait for it to come back. You think Will and Alicia ever gone get down with the get down again?

AlluringlySweet says:

So what you saying Zeke is it was not a lie but an omission? :tea: still a lie Zeke. How about pass a law that doesn’t allow insurance to discriminate against pre-exisiting and raise the income cap on medicaid and call it a day…:tea:

FuturedocDonte says:

Uh uh roses :nono: come out come out wherever u are :hahaha:

Morning :wave:

Smonae says:

We getting facts from Fox News,, they hate black people like Bush-in my Ye voice :facepalm:

EyesofScorpio says:

:hi: @ DTTS
    Smonae
    Doc
    Mis Taken

KayCeiSoul says:

Hey Smonae! :waves:

I sure do hope we CAN go off topic. This isn’t a site for academic essay writing; there’s only so much we can say about ANYONETHING.

I think Auntie said we couldn’t copy and paste responses from other posts and carry it on into the new post. If that topic is elsewhere, go back there and talk about it. :shrug:

Diva says:

:wave: morning Roses

Who the fugg does Kanye think he is? He don’t need to ever come back to SA with that shyt…..

gypsyeyes says:

:offtopic:

I dread mondays already but they done let another temp go…so the other temps came to my desk asking me what happened. Shyt I’m a temp too. well i get a text from the manager saying that she wont be in and she asked me to tell one of the other temps to cover the phones. she got mad cause I told her, I gave her the manager’s number she called the agency and now she is gone. I got my headphones on and I aint bothering nobody!

EyesofScorpio says:

KayCeiSoul says:

—————————

thanks KayC

Diva says:

gypsyeyes says:

:offtopic:

————————-
    You just doing what you were asked to do…..be glad she’s gone so you wouldn’t have to deal with her stank attitude all dayum day…

Just Looking says:

Good Morning All and Misssssss Sandra :hug:

@gyspyes – Gosh darnit, are you looking for a damn job? This place seems kinda shaky (most are employed or temp) But damn they will get rid of you if you poot.

:happy: Monday! You are employed :danban1:

Diva says:

EyesofScorpio says:

KayCeiSoul says:
    ————————
    Say what now? We got new blog rules? someone bring Diva up to speed with this madness :waiting:

EyesofScorpio says:

:hi: @ THE AMAZING GYPSY

Just Looking says:

@Diva – Have you had your morning spiked Egg Nog yet? :hug:

iAmChan says:

Morning y’all. I hope y’all are doing better than me in this snow/ice….I’ve screwed up my whole right side lmao.

EyesofScorpio says:

@Diva :hi:

Diva says:

Just Looking says:

@Diva – Have you had your morning spiked Egg Nog yet? :hug:
    ————————
    I have…..and? :rofl: don’t you start no mess JustCooking, you hear meh

iAmChan says:

What new rules?

KayCeiSoul says:

iAmChan says:

*******************************

You fell and did the Superman Chan? :shocked:

I am NOT gonna laugh. I fall ERR’YEAR. :coffee:

well i get a text from the manager
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Unacceptable. Why is this manager texting a temp? Or any employee? Unless it is a company issued cell phone? A manager here got in trouble for that shat. :nono:

Diva says:

:wave: Eyes
    :hug: Hey Chan…I read your post on fb..I was going to say you could see how Frosty the Snowman would handle the situation…. :kona:

FuturedocDonte says:

Gypsy they need to make u an employee and that supervising they got u doing :eek:

Diva says:

iAmChan says:

What new rules?
    ———————-
    Dats what I’m trying to find out! Heffas spill it already!

KayCeiSoul says:

:hi: Diva!

Yep. Auntie said don’t brang nuthin’ from the last post into a new post.
    So if you leave your drank in another post, just pour yourself another one for the love of God. :smack:

sassyshe says:

Morning all

We need to get off obamacare issue. It will be in effectat least until 2016 and shoot 8 more after that when my girl Hil do her 2 terms in office. We all need a national healthcare system. Instead of blaming obama blame the selfish republRepublicans who refused to tax the 1%. Had that been done funding and everything else that was needed for the plan to work smoothly would have.

iAmChan says:

@ KayCeiSoul

I fell like was in one of the classic Scooby Doo cartoons. With the sound effects and all.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Yea Gyp: I know you are looking and have had interviews but places like that :nono: Shady boots. If they like you you are good.. until they don’t or you buck the system then it’s :bye:

Diva says:

KayCeiSoul says:

:hi: Diva!

Yep. Auntie said don’t brang nuthin’ from the last post into a new post.
    —————————-
    Sandra always tripping on some nonsense!!!! I ain’t wasting my dayum good dranks…they will be coming with me from post to post. :rofl:

gypsyeyes says:

OK, now that that is over…I watched Grown ups 2 last night and cracked the hell up. Why aint nobody tell me that was a funny movie???

gypsyeyes says:

I texted her back saying that I will not be telling anyone else to do. She called the IT manager and they had to tell the what they needed to do. A muphucka is still a temp too. And that chick got a musty pocketbook(I know cause she had a dress last week and I could smell it over the baby powder) and girls with musty pucci’s know how to fight!!

that chick got a musty pocketbook
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:crying1: <<<< I AM CRINE HARD. Like him.

Just Looking says:

:stop: We can’t go off topic?

:waves: @ Chan – Welcome to rough side of the DMV. These snow/ice storm will shut everythang down.

FuturedocDonte says:

girls with musty pucci’s know how to fight!!
    —–
    :ghost:

Diva says:

Just Looking says:

:stop: We can’t go off topic?
    ———————-
    :popcorn:

FuturedocDonte says:

Chan will u be watching part 2 to Bonnie and Clyde :no:

gypsyeyes says:

Sundried mission figs….are so good but do that give you the sharts???

Diva says:

FuturedocDonte says:

girls with musty pucci’s know how to fight!!
    ————————-
    The put that STANK on you, huh? :rofl:

iAmChan says:

@ Donte, hell naw I ain’t watching that crap. Last night, I saw a one hour documentary about them before the lil movie came on that was 10 times better.

Diva says:

I thought we supposed to stay on TOPIC?

gypsyeyes says:

WE CAN GO OFFTOPIC WE JUST CAN’T COPY AND PASTE STUFF FROM ANOTHER POST TO THE NEW POST. (YALL KNOW SHE BE ADDING TO THE RULE BOOKS)

Smonae says: